Total Posts:37|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Islam:Any Extremism or just extreme religion?

thehumanistpreacher
Posts: 252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2014 4:31:50 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
The question is simple is there any extremism in Islam or is Islam just an extreme religion?

There is so much hate towards Non-religious individuals, Jews and Christians.

There is oppression towards women.

Islam appears to be against democracy, freedom of speech, freedom of religion and most of western values.

In the past 100 years western values have had, imperialism, fascism and communism as alternatives and they have become a virtual footnote in history. In another 100 years time will we say the same about religion?

I would like to hear your thoughts. Keep the comments constructive, civil, respectful and clean.
Beastt
Posts: 5,135
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2014 5:35:42 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/17/2014 4:31:50 PM, thehumanistpreacher wrote:
The question is simple is there any extremism in Islam or is Islam just an extreme religion?

There is so much hate towards Non-religious individuals, Jews and Christians.

There is oppression towards women.

Islam appears to be against democracy, freedom of speech, freedom of religion and most of western values.

In the past 100 years western values have had, imperialism, fascism and communism as alternatives and they have become a virtual footnote in history. In another 100 years time will we say the same about religion?

I would like to hear your thoughts. Keep the comments constructive, civil, respectful and clean.

Religion always tends to be extreme. That's one of its defining traits.
"If we believe absurdities we shall commit atrocities." -- Voltaire
POPOO5560
Posts: 2,490
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2014 5:47:54 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/17/2014 4:31:50 PM, thehumanistpreacher wrote:
The question is simple is there any extremism in Islam or is Islam just an extreme religion?

There is so much hate towards Non-religious individuals, Jews and Christians.

How islam hate other people?


There is oppression towards women.

How?

Islam appears to be against democracy, freedom of speech, freedom of religion and most of western values.

Ok any examples? Lets say its against westren values so you saying other values are rubbish what makes westren values better than others?


In the past 100 years western values have had, imperialism, fascism and communism as alternatives and they have become a virtual footnote in history. In another 100 years time will we say the same about religion?

I would like to hear your thoughts. Keep the comments constructive, civil, respectful and clean.

Any way you just speak in general terms and close'minded.
Never fart near dog
debateuser
Posts: 1,094
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2014 9:14:14 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/17/2014 4:31:50 PM, thehumanistpreacher wrote:
The question is simple is there any extremism in Islam or is Islam just an extreme religion?

There is so much hate towards Non-religious individuals, Jews and Christians.

There is oppression towards women.

Islam appears to be against democracy, freedom of speech, freedom of religion and most of western values.

In the past 100 years western values have had, imperialism, fascism and communism as alternatives and they have become a virtual footnote in history. In another 100 years time will we say the same about religion?

I would like to hear your thoughts. Keep the comments constructive, civil, respectful and clean.

No doubt about it. Islam is extreme. Religion tends to be like that. Remember the Old Testament. Also there is alliance of Christian conservatives in west and Muslim conservatives for spreading fundamentalism around the world.
Scientific Errors In Religion : Atheists are right that religion is a myth

Read this topic on below link:

http://www.debate.org...
debateuser
Posts: 1,094
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2014 9:23:08 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/17/2014 5:47:54 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:
At 9/17/2014 4:31:50 PM, thehumanistpreacher wrote:
The question is simple is there any extremism in Islam or is Islam just an extreme religion?

There is so much hate towards Non-religious individuals, Jews and Christians.

How islam hate other people?

Blasphemy laws in islam . what is that then. In Islam a a former follower of Islam can also be killed.

There is oppression towards women.

How?

In Islam,
They don't have equal share in inheritance. Wife beating is allowed in Islam. Women are required to cover themselves from head to toe while men are not .Women can't be witnesses in rape cases. Women can't become head of state in islam

Islam appears to be against democracy, freedom of speech, freedom of religion and most of western values.

Ok any examples? Lets say its against westren values so you saying other values are rubbish what makes westren values better than others?

Democracy is a good. Although I personally favour single party democracy.
Freedom of religion is a good value. Lol. If you are forcing someone to believe in something then what's the point really of sin and good.
Scientific Errors In Religion : Atheists are right that religion is a myth

Read this topic on below link:

http://www.debate.org...
celestialtorahteacher
Posts: 1,369
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/18/2014 5:09:30 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
As those reading my posts against Muhammadism know, I am no fan of Muhammad's idea of Islam. I am a Jewish Christian religious visionary and truthfully I cannot find any real trace of God in Muhammad's ideas about his Allah doppelganger that thinks and commands exactly like Muhammad the man thinks and commanded. In other words, to any non-Muslim there is zero difference between Muhammad and Allah, and no Muslim is allowed to research that problem as Muhammad commanded Muhammadans to idolize him and his Allah and his book. They all three are idols to Muhammadans who are commanded to bow down and scrape literally to these objects, a 1400 year old dead body, his paper and ink book, and a ghost of himself claiming to be God. Where is God in any of this when it is ALL Muhammad? One single human being has successfully brainwashed millions of ignorant people to accept a lunatic theology that commands believers to make war on all others not Muhammadan clones. Only tolerance of this fascist ideology masquerading as a religion by Westerners keeps Westerners from realizing they are dealing with another Communist True Believer Ideology only worse this time because of believers thinking God is with them to wage war against all others not in the true believer's faith. Off with their heads says Muhammad and thus the violent thugs of Muhammad's religion do their jobs to terrorize people into "believing" in Allah.

It's such a crock of doo-doo as a religion that I find it amazing Westerners even allow themselves to discuss religious beliefs with Muhammadan clones who are totally brainwashed individuals unable to reason anymore about human rights based on spiritual instructions from the real God Most High who gave the world the supreme Humanitarian Archetype in the Messiah, Jesus Christ. One gave instructions for life and life more abundantly and the other gave instructions to kill life to serve the world conquering ambitions of a dead man.

And as always, I make a distinction between Ahmadiyyah Muslims and Sunni and Shiite Muhammadans. The Ahmadiyyahs are true Muslims who practice a religion of peace even though based on Muhammad's words which were filtered and mellowed out by the Ahmadiyyah Messiah as only messianic spiritual instructions are valid of God.

One day, Muslim women will wake up and bring the much needed Islamic Reformation to make all Islam a religion of peace.
MaesterAemon
Posts: 3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/18/2014 6:45:03 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/18/2014 5:09:30 AM, celestialtorahteacher wrote:
I am a Jewish Christian religious visionary

What does that mean?
Fatihah
Posts: 7,758
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/18/2014 8:35:47 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/17/2014 4:31:50 PM, thehumanistpreacher wrote:
The question is simple is there any extremism in Islam or is Islam just an extreme religion?

There is so much hate towards Non-religious individuals, Jews and Christians.

There is oppression towards women.

Islam appears to be against democracy, freedom of speech, freedom of religion and most of western values.

In the past 100 years western values have had, imperialism, fascism and communism as alternatives and they have become a virtual footnote in history. In another 100 years time will we say the same about religion?

I would like to hear your thoughts. Keep the comments constructive, civil, respectful and clean.

Response: Perhaps you should define exactly what is Extremism. When that is provided, then we can simply review the Qur'an and Sunnah and see if anything it teaches matches the definition. Then a discussion can begin.
POPOO5560
Posts: 2,490
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/18/2014 11:37:03 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/17/2014 9:23:08 PM, debateuser wrote:
At 9/17/2014 5:47:54 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:
At 9/17/2014 4:31:50 PM, thehumanistpreacher wrote:
The question is simple is there any extremism in Islam or is Islam just an extreme religion?

There is so much hate towards Non-religious individuals, Jews and Christians.

How islam hate other people?

Blasphemy laws in islam . what is that then. In Islam a a former follower of Islam can also be killed.

There is oppression towards women.

How?

In Islam,
They don't have equal share in inheritance. Wife beating is allowed in Islam. Women are required to cover themselves from head to toe while men are not .Women can't be witnesses in rape cases. Women can't become head of state in islam

Islam appears to be against democracy, freedom of speech, freedom of religion and most of western values.

Ok any examples? Lets say its against westren values so you saying other values are rubbish what makes westren values better than others?

Democracy is a good. Although I personally favour single party democracy.
Freedom of religion is a good value. Lol. If you are forcing someone to believe in something then what's the point really of sin and good.

The same things you brought here we discussed it fully but nothing remains inside your brain right? you dont learn something new.
Never fart near dog
The_Immortal_Emris
Posts: 474
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/18/2014 12:12:59 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/17/2014 4:31:50 PM, thehumanistpreacher wrote:
The question is simple is there any extremism in Islam or is Islam just an extreme religion?

There is so much hate towards Non-religious individuals, Jews and Christians.

There is oppression towards women.

Islam appears to be against democracy, freedom of speech, freedom of religion and most of western values.

In the past 100 years western values have had, imperialism, fascism and communism as alternatives and they have become a virtual footnote in history. In another 100 years time will we say the same about religion?

I would like to hear your thoughts. Keep the comments constructive, civil, respectful and clean.

Islam in it's current incarnation is very, very extreme. Sadly, most religions are.

Islam during the 16th and 17th century, however, was a bastion of humanism, scientific examination, cultural acceptance and cohesion. Then Christianity destroyed the Ottoman's and their empire crumbled, and over the next 400 years the west began a systemic exploitation of the middle-east.

Hence the birth of radicalism and jihad.
debateuser
Posts: 1,094
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/18/2014 12:33:40 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/18/2014 11:37:03 AM, POPOO5560 wrote:
At 9/17/2014 9:23:08 PM, debateuser wrote:
At 9/17/2014 5:47:54 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:
At 9/17/2014 4:31:50 PM, thehumanistpreacher wrote:
The question is simple is there any extremism in Islam or is Islam just an extreme religion?

There is so much hate towards Non-religious individuals, Jews and Christians.

How islam hate other people?

Blasphemy laws in islam . what is that then. In Islam a a former follower of Islam can also be killed.

There is oppression towards women.

How?

In Islam,
They don't have equal share in inheritance. Wife beating is allowed in Islam. Women are required to cover themselves from head to toe while men are not .Women can't be witnesses in rape cases. Women can't become head of state in islam

Islam appears to be against democracy, freedom of speech, freedom of religion and most of western values.

Ok any examples? Lets say its against westren values so you saying other values are rubbish what makes westren values better than others?

Democracy is a good. Although I personally favour single party democracy.
Freedom of religion is a good value. Lol. If you are forcing someone to believe in something then what's the point really of sin and good.

The same things you brought here we discussed it fully but nothing remains inside your brain right? you dont learn something new.

Lol. You call that explanation. You simply denied the things and gave no reason. Yeah religion spreads by war but that is something religious people can't keep in their brain for long enough.
Scientific Errors In Religion : Atheists are right that religion is a myth

Read this topic on below link:

http://www.debate.org...
debateuser
Posts: 1,094
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/18/2014 12:36:03 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/18/2014 12:12:59 PM, The_Immortal_Emris wrote:
At 9/17/2014 4:31:50 PM, thehumanistpreacher wrote:
The question is simple is there any extremism in Islam or is Islam just an extreme religion?

There is so much hate towards Non-religious individuals, Jews and Christians.

There is oppression towards women.

Islam appears to be against democracy, freedom of speech, freedom of religion and most of western values.

In the past 100 years western values have had, imperialism, fascism and communism as alternatives and they have become a virtual footnote in history. In another 100 years time will we say the same about religion?

I would like to hear your thoughts. Keep the comments constructive, civil, respectful and clean.

Islam in it's current incarnation is very, very extreme. Sadly, most religions are.

Islam during the 16th and 17th century, however, was a bastion of humanism, scientific examination, cultural acceptance and cohesion. Then Christianity destroyed the Ottoman's and their empire crumbled, and over the next 400 years the west began a systemic exploitation of the middle-east.

Hence the birth of radicalism and jihad.

Islam during early years also spread by war. We wouldn't be seeing Christianity either if it wasn't for the Roman Empire and its superpower status.
Scientific Errors In Religion : Atheists are right that religion is a myth

Read this topic on below link:

http://www.debate.org...
The_Immortal_Emris
Posts: 474
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/18/2014 12:41:51 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/18/2014 12:36:03 PM, debateuser wrote:
At 9/18/2014 12:12:59 PM, The_Immortal_Emris wrote:
At 9/17/2014 4:31:50 PM, thehumanistpreacher wrote:
The question is simple is there any extremism in Islam or is Islam just an extreme religion?

There is so much hate towards Non-religious individuals, Jews and Christians.

There is oppression towards women.

Islam appears to be against democracy, freedom of speech, freedom of religion and most of western values.

In the past 100 years western values have had, imperialism, fascism and communism as alternatives and they have become a virtual footnote in history. In another 100 years time will we say the same about religion?

I would like to hear your thoughts. Keep the comments constructive, civil, respectful and clean.

Islam in it's current incarnation is very, very extreme. Sadly, most religions are.

Islam during the 16th and 17th century, however, was a bastion of humanism, scientific examination, cultural acceptance and cohesion. Then Christianity destroyed the Ottoman's and their empire crumbled, and over the next 400 years the west began a systemic exploitation of the middle-east.

Hence the birth of radicalism and jihad.

Islam during early years also spread by war. We wouldn't be seeing Christianity either if it wasn't for the Roman Empire and its superpower status.

Every religion has been propagated by war. The Islamic Caliphate of the 1500s was considered a bastion of humanist thought, though they did expend their territory significantly into Africa and Eastern Eurasia. during that time.

But those wars were not jihad, but rather legitimate territorial expansion by a government forged when the world was a more violent place. And much of their violence was to recapture lands which had degraded after the fall of the Roman empire. Locations like Tunesia which was once Carthage, and much of Spain which was also Carthaginian in origin.
debateuser
Posts: 1,094
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/18/2014 1:23:23 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/18/2014 12:41:51 PM, The_Immortal_Emris wrote:
At 9/18/2014 12:36:03 PM, debateuser wrote:
At 9/18/2014 12:12:59 PM, The_Immortal_Emris wrote:
At 9/17/2014 4:31:50 PM, thehumanistpreacher wrote:
The question is simple is there any extremism in Islam or is Islam just an extreme religion?

There is so much hate towards Non-religious individuals, Jews and Christians.

There is oppression towards women.

Islam appears to be against democracy, freedom of speech, freedom of religion and most of western values.

In the past 100 years western values have had, imperialism, fascism and communism as alternatives and they have become a virtual footnote in history. In another 100 years time will we say the same about religion?

I would like to hear your thoughts. Keep the comments constructive, civil, respectful and clean.

Islam in it's current incarnation is very, very extreme. Sadly, most religions are.

Islam during the 16th and 17th century, however, was a bastion of humanism, scientific examination, cultural acceptance and cohesion. Then Christianity destroyed the Ottoman's and their empire crumbled, and over the next 400 years the west began a systemic exploitation of the middle-east.

Hence the birth of radicalism and jihad.

Islam during early years also spread by war. We wouldn't be seeing Christianity either if it wasn't for the Roman Empire and its superpower status.

Every religion has been propagated by war. The Islamic Caliphate of the 1500s was considered a bastion of humanist thought, though they did expend their territory significantly into Africa and Eastern Eurasia. during that time.

But those wars were not jihad, but rather legitimate territorial expansion by a government forged when the world was a more violent place. And much of their violence was to recapture lands which had degraded after the fall of the Roman empire. Locations like Tunesia which was once Carthage, and much of Spain which was also Carthaginian in origin.

Yes I do agree that ideologies such as jihad are extremist and have no place in today's world.
Scientific Errors In Religion : Atheists are right that religion is a myth

Read this topic on below link:

http://www.debate.org...
Mineva
Posts: 336
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/18/2014 3:51:33 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/17/2014 4:31:50 PM, thehumanistpreacher wrote:
The question is simple is there any extremism in Islam or is Islam just an extreme :religion?

There is so much hate towards Non-religious individuals, Jews and Christians.

There is oppression towards women.

Islam appears to be against democracy, freedom of speech, freedom of religion and :most of western values.

In the past 100 years western values have had, imperialism, fascism and communism :as alternatives and they have become a virtual footnote in history. In another 100 :years time will we say the same about religion?

I would like to hear your thoughts. Keep the comments constructive, civil, respectful :and clean.

....................because you have never read Quran.
POPOO5560
Posts: 2,490
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/18/2014 9:57:08 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/18/2014 1:23:23 PM, debateuser wrote:
At 9/18/2014 12:41:51 PM, The_Immortal_Emris wrote:
At 9/18/2014 12:36:03 PM, debateuser wrote:
At 9/18/2014 12:12:59 PM, The_Immortal_Emris wrote:
At 9/17/2014 4:31:50 PM, thehumanistpreacher wrote:
The question is simple is there any extremism in Islam or is Islam just an extreme religion?

There is so much hate towards Non-religious individuals, Jews and Christians.

There is oppression towards women.

Islam appears to be against democracy, freedom of speech, freedom of religion and most of western values.

In the past 100 years western values have had, imperialism, fascism and communism as alternatives and they have become a virtual footnote in history. In another 100 years time will we say the same about religion?

I would like to hear your thoughts. Keep the comments constructive, civil, respectful and clean.

Islam in it's current incarnation is very, very extreme. Sadly, most religions are.

Islam during the 16th and 17th century, however, was a bastion of humanism, scientific examination, cultural acceptance and cohesion. Then Christianity destroyed the Ottoman's and their empire crumbled, and over the next 400 years the west began a systemic exploitation of the middle-east.

Hence the birth of radicalism and jihad.

Islam during early years also spread by war. We wouldn't be seeing Christianity either if it wasn't for the Roman Empire and its superpower status.

Every religion has been propagated by war. The Islamic Caliphate of the 1500s was considered a bastion of humanist thought, though they did expend their territory significantly into Africa and Eastern Eurasia. during that time.

But those wars were not jihad, but rather legitimate territorial expansion by a government forged when the world was a more violent place. And much of their violence was to recapture lands which had degraded after the fall of the Roman empire. Locations like Tunesia which was once Carthage, and much of Spain which was also Carthaginian in origin.

Yes I do agree that ideologies such as jihad are extremist and have no place in today's world.

'ideologies such as jihad' lol come tell us what is jihad from your own knowledge without searching... you dont know do u? Too much bbc and as a result brain damage. Its about stuff u read! :D
Never fart near dog
bsh1
Posts: 27,504
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/18/2014 10:19:43 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Every religion has it's extremist, that doesn't mean all religions are extreme. The same is true of Islam--it has it's radical elements but that doesn't make it radical.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
celestialtorahteacher
Posts: 1,369
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/18/2014 10:33:44 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Can't debate logically with Muhammadans. Remember, these people are totally brainwashed and have let their brains become possessed by the ideas of the warlord thief who successfully gulled millions of ignorant peoples looking for their Strong Man dictator to tell them what to do so they don't have to think for themselves. The Strong Man's Script covers all their lives and this the Muhammadans believe is "religion of God".

If Christians repeated the Bible verses every single day at least five times they become fanatical Evangelicals who believe God lives in the Bible, same as Muhammadans who believe Allah lives in the Quran or else why treat a paper and ink thing as an idol? Anyone who brainwashes themselves with an ideology to the point of repeating its slogans and ideas 5 times daily is bound to lose their mind to whatever junk they put into it. Muhammad was clever enough to write his junk ideas in a poetic manner which helped fool his ignorant believers who never really knew much about the world and no knowledge of the world's literature and political ideas. That is the intellectual vacuum in which Muhammadism spreads. Today, young men looking for any form of authority will take up Muhammadism in order to improve their social status in Muhammadan societies. They haven't jobs so violent work for Jihadists appeals to them, just like it did to America's black young men also without jobs. But social status and spirituality do not mix so its' all bogus and only hides the same old animal world shiite where the toughest, meanest, vilest, killer apes rule weaker apes. This is type of world Abrahamic religionists deliver all through the 2500 years of non-stop Abrahamic religious warfare going on some place in the world.

Muhammadism is only the worst of the Abrahamic religious frauds that created all these self-important priests, rabbis, imams, pastors, who keep the Abrahamic religious lunacy going on and on and on..
debateuser
Posts: 1,094
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2014 2:15:15 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/18/2014 9:57:08 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:
At 9/18/2014 1:23:23 PM, debateuser wrote:
At 9/18/2014 12:41:51 PM, The_Immortal_Emris wrote:
At 9/18/2014 12:36:03 PM, debateuser wrote:
At 9/18/2014 12:12:59 PM, The_Immortal_Emris wrote:
At 9/17/2014 4:31:50 PM, thehumanistpreacher wrote:
The question is simple is there any extremism in Islam or is Islam just an extreme religion?

There is so much hate towards Non-religious individuals, Jews and Christians.

There is oppression towards women.

Islam appears to be against democracy, freedom of speech, freedom of religion and most of western values.

In the past 100 years western values have had, imperialism, fascism and communism as alternatives and they have become a virtual footnote in history. In another 100 years time will we say the same about religion?

I would like to hear your thoughts. Keep the comments constructive, civil, respectful and clean.

Islam in it's current incarnation is very, very extreme. Sadly, most religions are.

Islam during the 16th and 17th century, however, was a bastion of humanism, scientific examination, cultural acceptance and cohesion. Then Christianity destroyed the Ottoman's and their empire crumbled, and over the next 400 years the west began a systemic exploitation of the middle-east.

Hence the birth of radicalism and jihad.

Islam during early years also spread by war. We wouldn't be seeing Christianity either if it wasn't for the Roman Empire and its superpower status.

Every religion has been propagated by war. The Islamic Caliphate of the 1500s was considered a bastion of humanist thought, though they did expend their territory significantly into Africa and Eastern Eurasia. during that time.

But those wars were not jihad, but rather legitimate territorial expansion by a government forged when the world was a more violent place. And much of their violence was to recapture lands which had degraded after the fall of the Roman empire. Locations like Tunesia which was once Carthage, and much of Spain which was also Carthaginian in origin.

Yes I do agree that ideologies such as jihad are extremist and have no place in today's world.

'ideologies such as jihad' lol come tell us what is jihad from your own knowledge without searching... you dont know do u? Too much bbc and as a result brain damage. Its about stuff u read! :D

We are talking about jihad of sword. It means to fight by force for defending and even spreading Islam.
Scientific Errors In Religion : Atheists are right that religion is a myth

Read this topic on below link:

http://www.debate.org...
celestialtorahteacher
Posts: 1,369
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2014 8:32:22 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
As the necessary Sign of spiritual authority for all true Muslims, God has given this Celestial Torah Christian the true Sword of Jihad, Saif al Salam, to spread the true religion of Islam which is not what Muhammad taught but is what Ahmad taught the Ahmadiyyahs who practice true Islam, the religion of peace which is obtained by surrendering one's self to God as Peace. Muhammad didn't get the Salaam, Shalom, Peace, part in his ideology of universal and constant war to have himself spread all over the globe.
thehumanistpreacher
Posts: 252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2014 2:56:32 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/17/2014 5:35:42 PM, Beastt wrote:
At 9/17/2014 4:31:50 PM, thehumanistpreacher wrote:
The question is simple is there any extremism in Islam or is Islam just an extreme religion?

There is so much hate towards Non-religious individuals, Jews and Christians.

There is oppression towards women.

Islam appears to be against democracy, freedom of speech, freedom of religion and most of western values.

In the past 100 years western values have had, imperialism, fascism and communism as alternatives and they have become a virtual footnote in history. In another 100 years time will we say the same about religion?

I would like to hear your thoughts. Keep the comments constructive, civil, respectful and clean.

Religion always tends to be extreme. That's one of its defining traits.

I'm unsure why. The debate seems to be is it just general human nature or is it the religious literature itself?
thehumanistpreacher
Posts: 252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2014 3:44:22 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/17/2014 5:47:54 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:
At 9/17/2014 4:31:50 PM, thehumanistpreacher wrote:
The question is simple is there any extremism in Islam or is Islam just an extreme religion?

There is so much hate towards Non-religious individuals, Jews and Christians.

How islam hate other people?


There is oppression towards women.

How?

Islam appears to be against democracy, freedom of speech, freedom of religion and most of western values.

Ok any examples? Lets say its against westren values so you saying other values are rubbish what makes westren values better than others?


In the past 100 years western values have had, imperialism, fascism and communism as alternatives and they have become a virtual footnote in history. In another 100 years time will we say the same about religion?

I would like to hear your thoughts. Keep the comments constructive, civil, respectful and clean.

Any way you just speak in general terms and close'minded.

Islam itself composes of the literature, the history and the people.
The literature in relation to unbelievers
[2.88] And they say: Our hearts are covered. Nay, Allah has cursed them on account of their unbelief; so little it is that they believe.
[2.98] Whoever is the enemy of Allah and His angels and His apostles and Jibreel and Meekaeel, so surely Allah is the enemy of the unbelievers.
I have selected two examples but there are many accounts of what would be described as hate speech today which is still present in the Quran. The scripture above shows an intolerance towards those who do not believe in the same fiction as the scripture allows them.

Oppression towards women
Saudi Arabia is the perfect example of strict Islamic beliefs influencing legislation to effect women"s rights directly or lack thereof. Sharia Law is interpreted according to a strict Sunni form known as the way of Salaf (righteous predecessors).
Women are unable to drive.
Women are unable to leave the house unless a man is present.
Gender segregation in schools and hospitals
Restriction on voting.
Restriction on holding public office.

Islam appears to be against democracy, freedom of speech, freedom of religion and most of western values.
The blasphemy laws are against freedom of speech.
There is a reference somewhere saying that Jews and Christians are allowed to exist but they must pay a tax which is the state interfering in religion which restricts freedom of religion.

I will happily say that western values have no competition in comparison to oppressive Islamic values. When Western Values are based on freedom of speech, freedom of religion, democracy there is no contest but when values are based on hate towards other religious groups, censorship of speech and expression and an Islamic legislative system like Iran"s that has an unelected religious leader with a subordinate president.

References below
http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org...
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com...
thehumanistpreacher
Posts: 252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2014 3:48:51 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/18/2014 8:35:47 AM, Fatihah wrote:
At 9/17/2014 4:31:50 PM, thehumanistpreacher wrote:
The question is simple is there any extremism in Islam or is Islam just an extreme religion?

There is so much hate towards Non-religious individuals, Jews and Christians.

There is oppression towards women.

Islam appears to be against democracy, freedom of speech, freedom of religion and most of western values.

In the past 100 years western values have had, imperialism, fascism and communism as alternatives and they have become a virtual footnote in history. In another 100 years time will we say the same about religion?

I would like to hear your thoughts. Keep the comments constructive, civil, respectful and clean.

Response: Perhaps you should define exactly what is Extremism. When that is provided, then we can simply review the Qur'an and Sunnah and see if anything it teaches matches the definition. Then a discussion can begin.

The dictionary defines extremism as "a tendency or disposition to go to extremes or an instance of going to extremes, especially in political matters".

I am happy with the oxford dictionary's definition.
thehumanistpreacher
Posts: 252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2014 3:57:44 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/18/2014 3:51:33 PM, Mineva wrote:
At 9/17/2014 4:31:50 PM, thehumanistpreacher wrote:
The question is simple is there any extremism in Islam or is Islam just an extreme :religion?

There is so much hate towards Non-religious individuals, Jews and Christians.

There is oppression towards women.

Islam appears to be against democracy, freedom of speech, freedom of religion and :most of western values.

In the past 100 years western values have had, imperialism, fascism and communism :as alternatives and they have become a virtual footnote in history. In another 100 :years time will we say the same about religion?

I would like to hear your thoughts. Keep the comments constructive, civil, respectful :and clean.



....................because you have never read Quran.

Surprisingly I have read the Quran and it was like reading Mein Kampf. I have also read the Bible (old testament) and am now reading the new testament of the bible. I also read Karl Marx's Economic and Philosophical manuscript.

I find that if you need to combat extremism you must first understand it.
thehumanistpreacher
Posts: 252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2014 4:04:42 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/18/2014 10:19:43 PM, bsh1 wrote:
Every religion has it's extremist, that doesn't mean all religions are extreme. The same is true of Islam--it has it's radical elements but that doesn't make it radical.

You are right in saying that every religion has it's extremist elements which is true but the what you can't do is tolerate the intolerant.

Islam is radical because it needs mindless indoctrination, oppression and belief in a mystical force which cannot be proven in order to survive.

History has many lesson to be learnt from but one of the most important is that without accountability of extremist elements of ideology, the extremism will spread.

https://www.facebook.com...
thehumanistpreacher
Posts: 252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2014 4:08:47 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/19/2014 8:32:22 AM, celestialtorahteacher wrote:
As the necessary Sign of spiritual authority for all true Muslims, God has given this Celestial Torah Christian the true Sword of Jihad, Saif al Salam, to spread the true religion of Islam which is not what Muhammad taught but is what Ahmad taught the Ahmadiyyahs who practice true Islam, the religion of peace which is obtained by surrendering one's self to God as Peace. Muhammad didn't get the Salaam, Shalom, Peace, part in his ideology of universal and constant war to have himself spread all over the globe.

Do you accept that as long as the belief is reliant on a superstitious unproven hypothesis then the religion cannot be taken seriously by scholars or the scientific community?
celestialtorahteacher
Posts: 1,369
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2014 10:37:11 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Do you have any idea what you are talking about? Try to ask understandable questions about my posts and I will answer them.
bsh1
Posts: 27,504
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2014 10:41:20 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/19/2014 4:04:42 PM, thehumanistpreacher wrote:
At 9/18/2014 10:19:43 PM, bsh1 wrote:
Every religion has it's extremist, that doesn't mean all religions are extreme. The same is true of Islam--it has it's radical elements but that doesn't make it radical.

You are right in saying that every religion has it's extremist elements which is true but the what you can't do is tolerate the intolerant.

Lol...ironic, but true. Intolerance is not to be tolerated.

Islam is radical because it needs mindless indoctrination, oppression and belief in a mystical force which cannot be proven in order to survive.

Is this different from any other faith?

History has many lesson to be learnt from but one of the most important is that without accountability of extremist elements of ideology, the extremism will spread.

Many Muslims interpret the Quran to teach peace and acceptance. Historically, Islam was more tolerant than Christianity. During the Middle Ages, for instance, Christians persecuted every religious minority viciously and slaughtered thousands of non-Christians. Muslims imposed the jizya tax, but otherwise left minorities alone. There are exceptions in both cases, but on balance, I would rather have been a religious minority under the Umayyad Caliphate than under the Byzantine Empire.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
celestialtorahteacher
Posts: 1,369
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/20/2014 8:12:02 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
When you talk about "Christianity" historically you are not talking about the followers of the teachings of Jesus Christ but the followers of the teachings of "Paul", who didn't exist as such but was the psuedonym for Gentile Church Fathers pretending to be Jews from Jerusalem. In short, what the world knows of "Christianity" is another religious ruse and hides the real history of Christian diversity that was there from the very beginning of the Christian spiritual movement that began not in 33 A.D. but more likely a hundred years prior with the teachings of Yeishu ben Pantera, the historical "Jesus" whose theology of forgiveness of sin and sinners became the foundation of the teachings of the later Jesus Christ fictional character.

Gentile Church Fathers saw an opportunity to create a new priesthood for themselves as leaders of the new Christian spiritual movement that arose from the mysterious "Christ the Magician" whose healing powers became legendary. These tales match the prosecution of Yeishu ben Pantera accused of blasphemy by Jewish authorities for using the forbidden Name of God for his healing practices and "leading many astray" says the Talmud in its undisguised commentary hatred of the fellow.

Real Christianity is a spiritual movement that cannot be contained in labels or uniforms human beings put on themselves. That is politics and has very little to do with true spiritual connection with God. This goes for ALL the Abrahamic religions, each of them political devices for creating man-made divisions between people so there will be wars and opportunities for males to establish territories to "own" and defend against other males, each armed with religious war ideology, "Our way or die". Jews started it, Pauline Christians continued it, Muslims are the forefront of it now in our times but it is inherent in all Abrahamic religious beliefs to make war against other religions. Violent war and make no mistake about that.

You want a peaceful world, post No Tolerance of Abrahamic Religions and their warfare agendas. You want real Christianity, look for "spiritual, not religious" individuals now, modern Gnostics who follow the Solitary Path that is the only truly spiritually authentic path of God conscious people. Group religious practice always creating a false group mind hysteria that mass hypnosis and not really of God consciousness, the tip off always being their idol worship, the paper and ink idols, the Bible, the Quran, bowed down to and worshiped as if God lived in them.

I teach Celestial Torah Christianity, the root religion of Christian belief that was derived from connecting astrological events with earthly ones in an anthropomorphizing of the heavenly stellar and planetary configurations. This was the basis of all human religious beliefs at their beginnings because the Night Sky was the most awesome thing human beings could see and "read" like a Book of Signs. God uses these teach the evolving Humanitarian Archetype to humankind, that Humanitarian Archetype being known to the world as "Jesus Christ" of the Gospels.