Total Posts:66|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Why do you believe what you believe?

2Sukh2
Posts: 4
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2014 6:02:15 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I'll wait to respond until I get enough people to view and comment on this forum. But explain why you believe or disbelieve in a particular religion, regardless what it may be.
Beastt
Posts: 5,135
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2014 6:09:16 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/17/2014 6:02:15 PM, 2Sukh2 wrote:
I'll wait to respond until I get enough people to view and comment on this forum. But explain why you believe or disbelieve in a particular religion, regardless what it may be.

I'm an atheist because it's the only belief supported by the evidence (or lack, thereof).
"If we believe absurdities we shall commit atrocities." -- Voltaire
annanicole
Posts: 19,787
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2014 7:51:38 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/17/2014 6:09:16 PM, Beastt wrote:
At 9/17/2014 6:02:15 PM, 2Sukh2 wrote:
I'll wait to respond until I get enough people to view and comment on this forum. But explain why you believe or disbelieve in a particular religion, regardless what it may be.

I'm an atheist because it's the only belief supported by the evidence (or lack, thereof).

You're an atheist because some very bad things happened to you, just as they have to me, the only difference being that you threw up your hands and said, "There is no God."
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
debateuser
Posts: 1,094
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2014 9:55:00 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/17/2014 7:51:38 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 9/17/2014 6:09:16 PM, Beastt wrote:
At 9/17/2014 6:02:15 PM, 2Sukh2 wrote:
I'll wait to respond until I get enough people to view and comment on this forum. But explain why you believe or disbelieve in a particular religion, regardless what it may be.

I'm an atheist because it's the only belief supported by the evidence (or lack, thereof).

You're an atheist because some very bad things happened to you, just as they have to me, the only difference being that you threw up your hands and said, "There is no God."

There is no God because there is no claim from one. All we see are humans making these claims
Scientific Errors In Religion : Atheists are right that religion is a myth

Read this topic on below link:

http://www.debate.org...
bornofgod
Posts: 11,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2014 10:05:21 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/17/2014 6:02:15 PM, 2Sukh2 wrote:
I'll wait to respond until I get enough people to view and comment on this forum. But explain why you believe or disbelieve in a particular religion, regardless what it may be.

I don't have to believe in anything now that I possess the Truth. The Truth has taught me that religion comes from His plan called the beast, which was used to teach His people how to build things until we had the modern technology today to help us understand how He created us within His mind as invisible vibrations. The invisible vibrations are processed into illusions that we all thought were our reality. Now we know that everything we experience is only a dream of God's.
annanicole
Posts: 19,787
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/18/2014 4:19:50 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/17/2014 9:55:00 PM, debateuser wrote:
At 9/17/2014 7:51:38 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 9/17/2014 6:09:16 PM, Beastt wrote:
At 9/17/2014 6:02:15 PM, 2Sukh2 wrote:
I'll wait to respond until I get enough people to view and comment on this forum. But explain why you believe or disbelieve in a particular religion, regardless what it may be.

I'm an atheist because it's the only belief supported by the evidence (or lack, thereof).

You're an atheist because some very bad things happened to you, just as they have to me, the only difference being that you threw up your hands and said, "There is no God."

There is no God because there is no claim from one. All we see are humans making these claims

No claim from one? Give an example of how God could have claimed to have been God.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
Mikal
Posts: 11,270
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/18/2014 4:21:28 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/18/2014 4:19:50 AM, annanicole wrote:


No claim from one? Give an example of how God could have claimed to have been God.

He means there is no need for God and no evidence to support a God that is empirical or verifiable.
Composer
Posts: 5,858
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/18/2014 5:08:12 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/17/2014 6:02:15 PM, 2Sukh2 wrote:
I'll wait to respond until I get enough people to view and comment on this forum. But explain why you believe or disbelieve in a particular religion, regardless what it may be.

Religious folk are all tarred with the same selfish lust & greed for promises of Story book reward(s).

Ask them to provide a Sworn Statement / Affidavit independently witnessed, stating they absolutely refuse any such a reward should it ever appear outside of Story book Land & that they truly manifest ALL the promises & abilities a genuine believer will manifest as listed by their Story book, and watch them run for cover!

Meanwhile for over 2000 years these frauds have only provided verbal diarrea!
bulproof
Posts: 25,274
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/18/2014 5:23:49 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/18/2014 4:19:50 AM, annanicole wrote:
At 9/17/2014 9:55:00 PM, debateuser wrote:
At 9/17/2014 7:51:38 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 9/17/2014 6:09:16 PM, Beastt wrote:
At 9/17/2014 6:02:15 PM, 2Sukh2 wrote:
I'll wait to respond until I get enough people to view and comment on this forum. But explain why you believe or disbelieve in a particular religion, regardless what it may be.

I'm an atheist because it's the only belief supported by the evidence (or lack, thereof).

You're an atheist because some very bad things happened to you, just as they have to me, the only difference being that you threw up your hands and said, "There is no God."

There is no God because there is no claim from one. All we see are humans making these claims

No claim from one? Give an example of how God could have claimed to have been God.

Do you not see the idiocy of that question? If there was a way for your god or any of the thousands of other gods to make such a claim, why would they have not made the claim?
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
annanicole
Posts: 19,787
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/18/2014 5:28:59 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/18/2014 4:21:28 AM, Mikal wrote:
At 9/18/2014 4:19:50 AM, annanicole wrote:


No claim from one? Give an example of how God could have claimed to have been God.

He means there is no need for God and no evidence to support a God that is empirical or verifiable.

Empirical or verifiable by what? Standard scientific testing means? If that's what he means, then I'll call the press. They need to report that newsflash.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
annanicole
Posts: 19,787
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/18/2014 5:29:40 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/18/2014 5:23:49 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 9/18/2014 4:19:50 AM, annanicole wrote:
At 9/17/2014 9:55:00 PM, debateuser wrote:
At 9/17/2014 7:51:38 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 9/17/2014 6:09:16 PM, Beastt wrote:
At 9/17/2014 6:02:15 PM, 2Sukh2 wrote:
I'll wait to respond until I get enough people to view and comment on this forum. But explain why you believe or disbelieve in a particular religion, regardless what it may be.

I'm an atheist because it's the only belief supported by the evidence (or lack, thereof).

You're an atheist because some very bad things happened to you, just as they have to me, the only difference being that you threw up your hands and said, "There is no God."

There is no God because there is no claim from one. All we see are humans making these claims

No claim from one? Give an example of how God could have claimed to have been God.

Do you not see the idiocy of that question? If there was a way for your god or any of the thousands of other gods to make such a claim, why would they have not made the claim?

Then answer it
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
Composer
Posts: 5,858
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/18/2014 5:39:20 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/18/2014 5:28:59 AM, annanicole wrote:
Empirical or verifiable by what? Standard scientific testing means? If that's what he means, then I'll call the press. They need to report that newsflash.

The means of a god verifying itself to a disbeliever or skeptic as only a supernatural almighty god knows how to be convincing, is by any genuine believer applying e.g. the following -

If you abide in me, and my words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you. (John 15:7) English Standard Version (ESV) Story book

As we have discovered in man's entire history, the only ones to have legitimately achieved that outside of Story book Land remains a constant zero!
bulproof
Posts: 25,274
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/18/2014 5:40:38 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/18/2014 5:29:40 AM, annanicole wrote:
At 9/18/2014 5:23:49 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 9/18/2014 4:19:50 AM, annanicole wrote:
At 9/17/2014 9:55:00 PM, debateuser wrote:
At 9/17/2014 7:51:38 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 9/17/2014 6:09:16 PM, Beastt wrote:
At 9/17/2014 6:02:15 PM, 2Sukh2 wrote:
I'll wait to respond until I get enough people to view and comment on this forum. But explain why you believe or disbelieve in a particular religion, regardless what it may be.

I'm an atheist because it's the only belief supported by the evidence (or lack, thereof).

You're an atheist because some very bad things happened to you, just as they have to me, the only difference being that you threw up your hands and said, "There is no God."

There is no God because there is no claim from one. All we see are humans making these claims

No claim from one? Give an example of how God could have claimed to have been God.

Do you not see the idiocy of that question? If there was a way for your god or any of the thousands of other gods to make such a claim, why would they have not made the claim?

Then answer it

A god could stand on top of Mt Everest and every mountain on the planet simultaneously and make himself visible to every person on the planet and tell them exactly what he wants and be available to anyone who needed help, he could eliminate suffering.

If a god existed he could quite easily do far better than the ones you people claim to exist.

The god you claim to exist is in constant need of protection from those who believe in him. Pathetic god really.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
annanicole
Posts: 19,787
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/18/2014 5:55:37 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/18/2014 5:40:38 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 9/18/2014 5:29:40 AM, annanicole wrote:
At 9/18/2014 5:23:49 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 9/18/2014 4:19:50 AM, annanicole wrote:
At 9/17/2014 9:55:00 PM, debateuser wrote:
At 9/17/2014 7:51:38 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 9/17/2014 6:09:16 PM, Beastt wrote:
At 9/17/2014 6:02:15 PM, 2Sukh2 wrote:
I'll wait to respond until I get enough people to view and comment on this forum. But explain why you believe or disbelieve in a particular religion, regardless what it may be.

I'm an atheist because it's the only belief supported by the evidence (or lack, thereof).

You're an atheist because some very bad things happened to you, just as they have to me, the only difference being that you threw up your hands and said, "There is no God."

There is no God because there is no claim from one. All we see are humans making these claims

No claim from one? Give an example of how God could have claimed to have been God.

Do you not see the idiocy of that question? If there was a way for your god or any of the thousands of other gods to make such a claim, why would they have not made the claim?

Then answer it

A god could stand on top of Mt Everest and every mountain on the planet simultaneously and make himself visible to every person on the planet and tell them exactly what he wants and be available to anyone who needed help, he could eliminate suffering.

You are trying to tell what you think he could do at present to satisfy you. I'm asking you what He could have done back yonder 2,000 - 5,000 years ago.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
annanicole
Posts: 19,787
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/18/2014 5:57:29 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/18/2014 5:39:20 AM, Composer wrote:
At 9/18/2014 5:28:59 AM, annanicole wrote:
Empirical or verifiable by what? Standard scientific testing means? If that's what he means, then I'll call the press. They need to report that newsflash.

The means of a god verifying itself to a disbeliever or skeptic as only a supernatural almighty god knows how to be convincing, is by any genuine believer applying e.g. the following -

If you abide in me, and my words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you. (John 15:7) English Standard Version (ESV) Story book

As we have discovered in man's entire history, the only ones to have legitimately achieved that outside of Story book Land remains a constant zero!

That was never a promise made to mankind in general.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
bulproof
Posts: 25,274
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/18/2014 6:23:31 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/18/2014 5:55:37 AM, annanicole wrote:
At 9/18/2014 5:40:38 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 9/18/2014 5:29:40 AM, annanicole wrote:
At 9/18/2014 5:23:49 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 9/18/2014 4:19:50 AM, annanicole wrote:
At 9/17/2014 9:55:00 PM, debateuser wrote:
At 9/17/2014 7:51:38 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 9/17/2014 6:09:16 PM, Beastt wrote:
At 9/17/2014 6:02:15 PM, 2Sukh2 wrote:
I'll wait to respond until I get enough people to view and comment on this forum. But explain why you believe or disbelieve in a particular religion, regardless what it may be.

I'm an atheist because it's the only belief supported by the evidence (or lack, thereof).

You're an atheist because some very bad things happened to you, just as they have to me, the only difference being that you threw up your hands and said, "There is no God."

There is no God because there is no claim from one. All we see are humans making these claims

No claim from one? Give an example of how God could have claimed to have been God.

Do you not see the idiocy of that question? If there was a way for your god or any of the thousands of other gods to make such a claim, why would they have not made the claim?

Then answer it

A god could stand on top of Mt Everest and every mountain on the planet simultaneously and make himself visible to every person on the planet and tell them exactly what he wants and be available to anyone who needed help, he could eliminate suffering.

You are trying to tell what you think he could do at present to satisfy you. I'm asking you what He could have done back yonder 2,000 - 5,000 years ago.

Exactly the same thing. He could have positioned himself everywhere accessible by humans and remained there for eternity, well if he was god he could.

Why do believers always claim that their omnipotent god is incompetent?
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
annanicole
Posts: 19,787
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/18/2014 6:24:47 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/18/2014 6:23:31 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 9/18/2014 5:55:37 AM, annanicole wrote:
At 9/18/2014 5:40:38 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 9/18/2014 5:29:40 AM, annanicole wrote:
At 9/18/2014 5:23:49 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 9/18/2014 4:19:50 AM, annanicole wrote:
At 9/17/2014 9:55:00 PM, debateuser wrote:
At 9/17/2014 7:51:38 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 9/17/2014 6:09:16 PM, Beastt wrote:
At 9/17/2014 6:02:15 PM, 2Sukh2 wrote:
I'll wait to respond until I get enough people to view and comment on this forum. But explain why you believe or disbelieve in a particular religion, regardless what it may be.

I'm an atheist because it's the only belief supported by the evidence (or lack, thereof).

You're an atheist because some very bad things happened to you, just as they have to me, the only difference being that you threw up your hands and said, "There is no God."

There is no God because there is no claim from one. All we see are humans making these claims

No claim from one? Give an example of how God could have claimed to have been God.

Do you not see the idiocy of that question? If there was a way for your god or any of the thousands of other gods to make such a claim, why would they have not made the claim?

Then answer it

A god could stand on top of Mt Everest and every mountain on the planet simultaneously and make himself visible to every person on the planet and tell them exactly what he wants and be available to anyone who needed help, he could eliminate suffering.

You are trying to tell what you think he could do at present to satisfy you. I'm asking you what He could have done back yonder 2,000 - 5,000 years ago.

Exactly the same thing. He could have positioned himself everywhere accessible by humans and remained there for eternity, well if he was god he could.

Why do believers always claim that their omnipotent god is incompetent?

I don't know that any believers have made that claim. Could you name one or two who have said that?
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
debateuser
Posts: 1,094
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/18/2014 6:26:49 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/18/2014 4:19:50 AM, annanicole wrote:
At 9/17/2014 9:55:00 PM, debateuser wrote:
At 9/17/2014 7:51:38 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 9/17/2014 6:09:16 PM, Beastt wrote:
At 9/17/2014 6:02:15 PM, 2Sukh2 wrote:
I'll wait to respond until I get enough people to view and comment on this forum. But explain why you believe or disbelieve in a particular religion, regardless what it may be.

I'm an atheist because it's the only belief supported by the evidence (or lack, thereof).

You're an atheist because some very bad things happened to you, just as they have to me, the only difference being that you threw up your hands and said, "There is no God."

There is no God because there is no claim from one. All we see are humans making these claims

No claim from one? Give an example of how God could have claimed to have been God.

Not a very complex method.. Just come in front of the people. Simple as that. At least once in a while. So that millions could see and believe. If that does not happen then it will remain human claims and rumours.
Scientific Errors In Religion : Atheists are right that religion is a myth

Read this topic on below link:

http://www.debate.org...
bulproof
Posts: 25,274
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/18/2014 6:31:02 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/18/2014 6:24:47 AM, annanicole wrote:
At 9/18/2014 6:23:31 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 9/18/2014 5:55:37 AM, annanicole wrote:
At 9/18/2014 5:40:38 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 9/18/2014 5:29:40 AM, annanicole wrote:
At 9/18/2014 5:23:49 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 9/18/2014 4:19:50 AM, annanicole wrote:
At 9/17/2014 9:55:00 PM, debateuser wrote:
At 9/17/2014 7:51:38 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 9/17/2014 6:09:16 PM, Beastt wrote:
At 9/17/2014 6:02:15 PM, 2Sukh2 wrote:
I'll wait to respond until I get enough people to view and comment on this forum. But explain why you believe or disbelieve in a particular religion, regardless what it may be.

I'm an atheist because it's the only belief supported by the evidence (or lack, thereof).

You're an atheist because some very bad things happened to you, just as they have to me, the only difference being that you threw up your hands and said, "There is no God."

There is no God because there is no claim from one. All we see are humans making these claims

No claim from one? Give an example of how God could have claimed to have been God.

Do you not see the idiocy of that question? If there was a way for your god or any of the thousands of other gods to make such a claim, why would they have not made the claim?

Then answer it

A god could stand on top of Mt Everest and every mountain on the planet simultaneously and make himself visible to every person on the planet and tell them exactly what he wants and be available to anyone who needed help, he could eliminate suffering.

You are trying to tell what you think he could do at present to satisfy you. I'm asking you what He could have done back yonder 2,000 - 5,000 years ago.

Exactly the same thing. He could have positioned himself everywhere accessible by humans and remained there for eternity, well if he was god he could.

Why do believers always claim that their omnipotent god is incompetent?

I don't know that any believers have made that claim. Could you name one or two who have said that?

That would be you ANNIE. LOOK.
You are trying to tell what you think he could do at present to satisfy you. I'm asking you what He could have done back yonder 2,000 - 5,000 years ago.

I've told you what an omnipotent god could do and you have objected to that.

My contention is that your god has the capacity for such and you deny such are his capacities.

It's the christian defense of their non-existent god writ large Annie.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
debateuser
Posts: 1,094
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/18/2014 6:38:23 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/18/2014 5:29:40 AM, annanicole wrote:
At 9/18/2014 5:23:49 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 9/18/2014 4:19:50 AM, annanicole wrote:
At 9/17/2014 9:55:00 PM, debateuser wrote:
At 9/17/2014 7:51:38 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 9/17/2014 6:09:16 PM, Beastt wrote:
At 9/17/2014 6:02:15 PM, 2Sukh2 wrote:
I'll wait to respond until I get enough people to view and comment on this forum. But explain why you believe or disbelieve in a particular religion, regardless what it may be.

I'm an atheist because it's the only belief supported by the evidence (or lack, thereof).

You're an atheist because some very bad things happened to you, just as they have to me, the only difference being that you threw up your hands and said, "There is no God."

There is no God because there is no claim from one. All we see are humans making these claims

No claim from one? Give an example of how God could have claimed to have been God.

Do you not see the idiocy of that question? If there was a way for your god or any of the thousands of other gods to make such a claim, why would they have not made the claim?

Then answer it

So you are saying that people should believe in something that cant be seen by millions of people, can't be verified, and never even made a claim himself. And if someone does not believed then they go to hell because the alleged God's mistake of not showing himself . Right. Lol
Scientific Errors In Religion : Atheists are right that religion is a myth

Read this topic on below link:

http://www.debate.org...
Mikal
Posts: 11,270
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/18/2014 7:15:08 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/18/2014 5:28:59 AM, annanicole wrote:
At 9/18/2014 4:21:28 AM, Mikal wrote:
At 9/18/2014 4:19:50 AM, annanicole wrote:


No claim from one? Give an example of how God could have claimed to have been God.

He means there is no need for God and no evidence to support a God that is empirical or verifiable.

Empirical or verifiable by what? Standard scientific testing means? If that's what he means, then I'll call the press. They need to report that newsflash.

Its a basic concept, there is no proof nor ever will be proof for God outside of subjective perception of personal experiences.
SNP1
Posts: 2,404
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/18/2014 9:20:56 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/17/2014 6:02:15 PM, 2Sukh2 wrote:
I'll wait to respond until I get enough people to view and comment on this forum. But explain why you believe or disbelieve in a particular religion, regardless what it may be.

I was very religious, creationist, young earther, etc. I was pushed to learn more about science, history, the universe in general. It made me throw out A LOT of my religion, but I didn't throw it all out. Eventually, I tried to find evidence that a god exists (in order to convince a friend of mine) and found nothing. I kept looking, and kept finding nothing. Slowly, I started to throw away religion, the supernatural, paranormal, etc. Now, I am an atheist.
#TheApatheticNihilistPartyofAmerica
#WarOnDDO
Composer
Posts: 5,858
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2014 2:57:22 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/18/2014 5:39:20 AM, Composer wrote:
At 9/18/2014 5:28:59 AM, annanicole wrote:
Empirical or verifiable by what? Standard scientific testing means? If that's what he means, then I'll call the press. They need to report that newsflash.

The means of a god verifying itself to a disbeliever or skeptic as only a supernatural almighty god knows how to be convincing, is by any genuine believer applying e.g. the following -

If you abide in me, and my words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you. (John 15:7) English Standard Version (ESV) Story book

As we have discovered in man's entire history, the only ones to have legitimately achieved that outside of Story book Land remains a constant zero!

At 9/18/2014 5:57:29 AM, annanicole wrote:
That was never a promise made to mankind in general.

Never stated I said " . . . . any genuine believer . . . . " (See original statement shown highlighted for you above)
Composer
Posts: 5,858
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2014 3:00:15 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/19/2014 2:57:22 AM, Composer wrote:
At 9/18/2014 5:39:20 AM, Composer wrote:
At 9/18/2014 5:28:59 AM, annanicole wrote:
Empirical or verifiable by what? Standard scientific testing means? If that's what he means, then I'll call the press. They need to report that newsflash.

The means of a god verifying itself to a disbeliever or skeptic as only a supernatural almighty god knows how to be convincing, is by any genuine believer applying e.g. the following -

If you abide in me, and my words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you. (John 15:7) English Standard Version (ESV) Story book

As we have discovered in man's entire history, the only ones to have legitimately achieved that outside of Story book Land remains a constant zero!

At 9/18/2014 5:57:29 AM, annanicole wrote:
That was never a promise made to mankind in general.

Never claimed it was, I said " . . . . any genuine believer . . . . " (See original statement shown highlighted for you above)
annanicole
Posts: 19,787
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2014 5:26:32 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/19/2014 3:00:15 AM, Composer wrote:
At 9/19/2014 2:57:22 AM, Composer wrote:
At 9/18/2014 5:39:20 AM, Composer wrote:
At 9/18/2014 5:28:59 AM, annanicole wrote:
Empirical or verifiable by what? Standard scientific testing means? If that's what he means, then I'll call the press. They need to report that newsflash.

The means of a god verifying itself to a disbeliever or skeptic as only a supernatural almighty god knows how to be convincing, is by any genuine believer applying e.g. the following -

If you abide in me, and my words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you. (John 15:7) English Standard Version (ESV) Story book

As we have discovered in man's entire history, the only ones to have legitimately achieved that outside of Story book Land remains a constant zero!

At 9/18/2014 5:57:29 AM, annanicole wrote:
That was never a promise made to mankind in general.

Never claimed it was, I said " . . . . any genuine believer . . . . " (See original statement shown highlighted for you above)

It doesn't say "any genuine believer", either.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
dee-em
Posts: 6,481
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2014 6:06:53 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/18/2014 4:19:50 AM, annanicole wrote:
At 9/17/2014 9:55:00 PM, debateuser wrote:
At 9/17/2014 7:51:38 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 9/17/2014 6:09:16 PM, Beastt wrote:
At 9/17/2014 6:02:15 PM, 2Sukh2 wrote:
I'll wait to respond until I get enough people to view and comment on this forum. But explain why you believe or disbelieve in a particular religion, regardless what it may be.

I'm an atheist because it's the only belief supported by the evidence (or lack, thereof).

You're an atheist because some very bad things happened to you, just as they have to me, the only difference being that you threw up your hands and said, "There is no God."

There is no God because there is no claim from one. All we see are humans making these claims

No claim from one? Give an example of how God could have claimed to have been God.

And the inane requests for nonsensical examples continues. There is no claim from a God. If there was one we would evaluate it and decide if it had merit, but there isn't one. All we have is dismissable hearsay. It is not up to us to tell you or God how he could make an acceptable claim. Surely a God can figure that out for himself and do it with no help from us. Lol.
annanicole
Posts: 19,787
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2014 7:09:28 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/19/2014 6:06:53 AM, dee-em wrote:
At 9/18/2014 4:19:50 AM, annanicole wrote:
At 9/17/2014 9:55:00 PM, debateuser wrote:
At 9/17/2014 7:51:38 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 9/17/2014 6:09:16 PM, Beastt wrote:
At 9/17/2014 6:02:15 PM, 2Sukh2 wrote:
I'll wait to respond until I get enough people to view and comment on this forum. But explain why you believe or disbelieve in a particular religion, regardless what it may be.

I'm an atheist because it's the only belief supported by the evidence (or lack, thereof).

You're an atheist because some very bad things happened to you, just as they have to me, the only difference being that you threw up your hands and said, "There is no God."

There is no God because there is no claim from one. All we see are humans making these claims

No claim from one? Give an example of how God could have claimed to have been God.

And the inane requests for nonsensical examples continues. There is no claim from a God. If there was one we would evaluate it and decide if it had merit, but there isn't one. All we have is dismissable hearsay. It is not up to us to tell you or God how he could make an acceptable claim. Surely a God can figure that out for himself and do it with no help from us. Lol.

How would God possibly know what some fool might consider "acceptable"? What you deem "acceptable" might be wholly unacceptable to others. And how would one go about proving that God had never "acceptably" revealed Himself?

I mean, we don't exactly have consistency here. Right at this moment, that pinnacle of consistency, Beastt, is trying to tell us that the following occurred.

(1) The author of "Matthew" plagiarized his work from the author of "Mark"
(2) But the book of Mark was written some time around AD 70ish.
(3) Thus the book Matthew may be safely dated around AD 90 or 95.
(4) But the book of Matthew contains a prophesy which, if Beastt's interpretation be correct, had already failed by AD 90 or 95.
(5) But the book of Matthew was written to convince people to become Christians

Now, this fella has actually thought this $hit out, dude. That makes sense to him. He claims the author of Matthew didn't really know when Jesus lived, even though the book is replete with evidence which allows for dating.

And now you want to talk about what's "acceptable" when you're dealing with mentalities such as the one demonstrated above?
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
dee-em
Posts: 6,481
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2014 7:41:01 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/19/2014 7:09:28 AM, annanicole wrote:
At 9/19/2014 6:06:53 AM, dee-em wrote:
At 9/18/2014 4:19:50 AM, annanicole wrote:
At 9/17/2014 9:55:00 PM, debateuser wrote:
At 9/17/2014 7:51:38 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 9/17/2014 6:09:16 PM, Beastt wrote:
At 9/17/2014 6:02:15 PM, 2Sukh2 wrote:
I'll wait to respond until I get enough people to view and comment on this forum. But explain why you believe or disbelieve in a particular religion, regardless what it may be.

I'm an atheist because it's the only belief supported by the evidence (or lack, thereof).

You're an atheist because some very bad things happened to you, just as they have to me, the only difference being that you threw up your hands and said, "There is no God."

There is no God because there is no claim from one. All we see are humans making these claims

No claim from one? Give an example of how God could have claimed to have been God.

And the inane requests for nonsensical examples continues. There is no claim from a God. If there was one we would evaluate it and decide if it had merit, but there isn't one. All we have is dismissable hearsay. It is not up to us to tell you or God how he could make an acceptable claim. Surely a God can figure that out for himself and do it with no help from us. Lol.

How would God possibly know what some fool might consider "acceptable"?

God is supposed to know everything. He's defined as being omniscient. Are you serious?

What you deem "acceptable" might be wholly unacceptable to others.

God can solve that problem. He's God!

And how would one go about proving that God had never "acceptably" revealed Himself?

And here we go with the inane demands for proofs. As I said, there is no claim on the table from God, only hearsay from humans. Your hypotheticals about what would constitute acceptable revelation are premature given the lack of a single attempt on his part. Let's deal with that problem if it ever arises, which looks highly unlikely. It's God's problem to solve anyway.

I mean, we don't exactly have consistency here. Right at this moment, that pinnacle of consistency, Beastt, is trying to tell us that the following occurred.

(1) The author of "Matthew" plagiarized his work from the author of "Mark"
(2) But the book of Mark was written some time around AD 70ish.
(3) Thus the book Matthew may be safely dated around AD 90 or 95.
(4) But the book of Matthew contains a prophesy which, if Beastt's interpretation be correct, had already failed by AD 90 or 95.
(5) But the book of Matthew was written to convince people to become Christians

Now, this fella has actually thought this $hit out, dude. That makes sense to him. He claims the author of Matthew didn't really know when Jesus lived, even though the book is replete with evidence which allows for dating.

And now you want to talk about what's "acceptable" when you're dealing with mentalities such as the one demonstrated above?

Where in all that is there a claim from God which is what we are discussing?
bulproof
Posts: 25,274
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2014 7:51:46 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/19/2014 7:09:28 AM, annanicole wrote:
How would God possibly know what some fool might consider "acceptable"?
Maybe because he is omniscient?

Whatcha think?

Of course the believers are always finding excuses for why their god is NOT omniscient, omnipotent, omnibenevolent nor omnipresent.

Why do you need desperately to do that?
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
annanicole
Posts: 19,787
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2014 12:04:33 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/19/2014 7:41:01 AM, dee-em wrote:
At 9/19/2014 7:09:28 AM, annanicole wrote:
At 9/19/2014 6:06:53 AM, dee-em wrote:
At 9/18/2014 4:19:50 AM, annanicole wrote:
At 9/17/2014 9:55:00 PM, debateuser wrote:
At 9/17/2014 7:51:38 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 9/17/2014 6:09:16 PM, Beastt wrote:
At 9/17/2014 6:02:15 PM, 2Sukh2 wrote:
I'll wait to respond until I get enough people to view and comment on this forum. But explain why you believe or disbelieve in a particular religion, regardless what it may be.

I'm an atheist because it's the only belief supported by the evidence (or lack, thereof).

You're an atheist because some very bad things happened to you, just as they have to me, the only difference being that you threw up your hands and said, "There is no God."

There is no God because there is no claim from one. All we see are humans making these claims

No claim from one? Give an example of how God could have claimed to have been God.

And the inane requests for nonsensical examples continues. There is no claim from a God. If there was one we would evaluate it and decide if it had merit, but there isn't one. All we have is dismissable hearsay. It is not up to us to tell you or God how he could make an acceptable claim. Surely a God can figure that out for himself and do it with no help from us. Lol.

How would God possibly know what some fool might consider "acceptable"?

God is supposed to know everything. He's defined as being omniscient. Are you serious?

What you deem "acceptable" might be wholly unacceptable to others.

God can solve that problem. He's God!

And how would one go about proving that God had never "acceptably" revealed Himself?

And here we go with the inane demands for proofs. As I said, there is no claim on the table from God, only hearsay from humans. Your hypotheticals about what would constitute acceptable revelation are premature given the lack of a single attempt on his part. Let's deal with that problem if it ever arises, which looks highly unlikely. It's God's problem to solve anyway.

I mean, we don't exactly have consistency here. Right at this moment, that pinnacle of consistency, Beastt, is trying to tell us that the following occurred.

(1) The author of "Matthew" plagiarized his work from the author of "Mark"
(2) But the book of Mark was written some time around AD 70ish.
(3) Thus the book Matthew may be safely dated around AD 90 or 95.
(4) But the book of Matthew contains a prophesy which, if Beastt's interpretation be correct, had already failed by AD 90 or 95.
(5) But the book of Matthew was written to convince people to become Christians

Now, this fella has actually thought this $hit out, dude. That makes sense to him. He claims the author of Matthew didn't really know when Jesus lived, even though the book is replete with evidence which allows for dating.

And now you want to talk about what's "acceptable" when you're dealing with mentalities such as the one demonstrated above?

Where in all that is there a claim from God which is what we are discussing?

I didn't say there was. I was pointing out the type of stupidity that one encounters on here.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."