Richard Dawkins Knows Nothing About Nothing

Envisage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/18/2014 6:28:33 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/18/2014 6:15:43 PM, Installgentoo wrote:
Apparently at the beginning of the universe there was something and nothing at the same time.

https://www.youtube.com...

This is what atheists actually believe!

"...theologians are experts in nothing" - Lawrence Krauss

gg
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/18/2014 7:27:17 PM
Richard Dawkins Knows Nothing About Nothing

Tell us what you know about nothing.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Fly
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/18/2014 8:26:58 PM
Dawkins makes for an eager target because he is arrogant and abrasive... and the English accent don't help either!

I'm surprised that he bothers to discuss cosmology on this level with religious leaders who obviously won't agree with what he has to offer. Sometimes a person has to preach only to the choir because only the choir will be receptive.

This also shows how language can fall very short when talking about profundities...

PS The video would have been much funnier if they autotuned Dawkins!
"You don't have a right to be a jerk."
--Religion Forum's hypocrite extraordinaire serving up lulz
SNP1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/18/2014 8:47:16 PM
Apparently at the beginning of the universe there was something and nothing at the same time.

It all depends on how you define nothing. He was addressing one of the scientific understandings on nothing, which does not agree with every philosophical idea of nothing.
#TheApatheticNihilistPartyofAmerica
#WarOnDDO
Beastt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/18/2014 9:11:40 PM

Tell me everything you know about the difference between something and nothing. It's not at all what you believe it to be.
"If we believe absurdities we shall commit atrocities." -- Voltaire
Truth_seeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/18/2014 10:21:42 PM

I won't say that, but he's pretty ignorant
Beastt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/18/2014 10:52:32 PM
At 9/18/2014 10:21:42 PM, Truth_seeker wrote:

I won't say that, but he's pretty ignorant

Atheists believe that no gods exist. Please make an effort to separate atheism from your silly religious doctrines. While many atheists subscribe to secular views, it doesn't mean that every atheist adheres to every secular view.

Until you can demonstrate that you understand what atheism is (and isn't), you should probably refrain from attempting to make claims about it.
"If we believe absurdities we shall commit atrocities." -- Voltaire
ThinkFirst
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2014 3:59:44 PM

Cute. You actually think you have a good handle on what each and every atheist/agnostic believes, do you?
"Never attribute to villainy that which can be adequately explained by stupidity"
-----
"Men rarely if ever dream up a god superior to themselves. Most gods have the manners and morals of a spoiled child. "

-- Robert A Heinlein
neutral
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/20/2014 4:29:21 AM
At 9/18/2014 6:28:33 PM, Envisage wrote:

"...theologians are experts in nothing" - Lawrence Krauss

gg

So we are quoting people insulting people to insult people on this forum?

Obviously, theologians know something about ... theology. Dawkins? Does indeed not know much about theology.
neutral
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/20/2014 4:33:10 AM
At 9/19/2014 3:59:44 PM, ThinkFirst wrote:

Cute. You actually think you have a good handle on what each and every atheist/agnostic believes, do you?

Even cuter? The standard sock puppet excuse to avoid actually addressing the issue. I mean its FINE when the Archbiship says something, and that is ALL religion, but quoting BEST SELLING ATHEIST (sometimes agnostic) DAWKINS without making the dileneation that he does not speak for EVERY ATHEIST, the arch bishop DOES speak for every religious person about doubts of God though, is a crime!

And addressing how something can be nothing at the same time? Something cannot come from nothing, but nothing and something are the same you see!

And who cares that this problem does effect every atheist who bashes religious views on Creation - atheists have the same problem. And when the brightest among you, your scions and prophets, fumble it? Agh ... thats some other atheist.

Atheism just seem perfect for extremists.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/20/2014 5:08:08 AM
At 9/20/2014 4:33:10 AM, neutral wrote:

Even cuter? The standard sock puppet excuse to avoid actually addressing the issue. I mean its FINE when the Archbiship says something, and that is ALL religion, but quoting BEST SELLING ATHEIST (sometimes agnostic) DAWKINS without making the dileneation that he does not speak for EVERY ATHEIST, the arch bishop DOES speak for every religious person about doubts of God though, is a crime!

And addressing how something can be nothing at the same time? Something cannot come from nothing, but nothing and something are the same you see!

And who cares that this problem does effect every atheist who bashes religious views on Creation - atheists have the same problem. And when the brightest among you, your scions and prophets, fumble it? Agh ... thats some other atheist.

Dawkins is a biologist, does he speak for all biologists?
Obama is a president, does he speak for all presidents?
Theophilus was a church father, did he speak for all church fathers?
Robert Price is a biblical scholar, does he speak for all biblical scholars?
Pope Benedict is a catholic priest, does he speak for all catholic priests?
neutral
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/20/2014 7:28:50 AM
At 9/20/2014 5:08:08 AM, bulproof wrote:

WTF does biolgy have to do with theology douchebag?

What do any of your comments have to do with any of the points I make douchebag? Right, as usual nothing!

And yes douchebag, the POPE is the head of teh Catholic Church, he speaks for all Catholic priests douchebag.

And again, are you acknowledging the point about your sock not making the delineation with the Archbishop? Of course not - its a zero sum game of douchebaggery and double standards!

Best way to make an extremist taheist have a conniiption fit? Just apply standards with some semblance of objectivity.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/20/2014 8:00:52 AM
At 9/20/2014 7:28:50 AM, neutral wrote:
At 9/20/2014 5:08:08 AM, bulproof wrote:

WTF does biolgy have to do with theology douchebag?
Exactly the same relationship as your post has to do with that to which you responded.
Is a failure to use a douche bag your mothers greatest regret and the reason you use the term so often, because she did?
What do any of your comments have to do with any of the points I make douchebag? Right, as usual nothing!
You do realise that there is a gap between douche and bag? Just asking. You don't make points newt, you scream and spit drivel at the screen in your anger that anyone (nay everyone) is more intelligent than you.
And yes douchebag, the POPE is the head of teh Catholic Church, he speaks for all Catholic priests douchebag.
You do realise that there is a gap between douche and bag? But apparently you are unaware as the devout catholic that you are that Benedict (Ratzinger) does not speak for all priests. Your knowledge of Catholicism can be compared unfavourably to that of my eight yr old grandson.
And again, are you acknowledging the point about your sock not making the delineation with the Archbishop? Of course not - its a zero sum game of douchebaggery and double standards!
I haven't been capable of wearing socks for 13yrs now, my back injury makes it impossible for me to put them on my feet and I refuse to let my wife do it in my stead because I believe it to be demeaning to her. She on the other hand is more than willing. Apparently that is a very christian attitude to have.
Best way to make an extremist taheist have a conniiption fit? Just apply standards with some semblance of objectivity.
If this actually meant something to humans it would be hilarious.

OH fuk it of course it's as funny as a hat full of gold plates.
ThinkFirst
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/20/2014 8:14:52 AM

You could die, right now, and I'd be willing to be that the only creatures that would miss you are the parasites you host.

Oh, if you'd only paid attention in English class...

You should try reading your posts, out loud, before hitting the submit button. I would also recommend that you invest in a spell checker (or use the one provided), a grammar checker, a dictionary, and a thesaurus. Learn how to use them, or ask one of the other kids in your home room class to help you. Remember to be polite and not interrupt the teacher, though.

Because religion never creates ANY extremists, right?

You really are incredibly stupid, neutral. There's just no other way to look at it. So convinced that every atheist is out to rip a page out of the catholic play book and burn you at the stake with fire fueled by burning bibles rather than "green wood."
"Never attribute to villainy that which can be adequately explained by stupidity"
-----
"Men rarely if ever dream up a god superior to themselves. Most gods have the manners and morals of a spoiled child. "

-- Robert A Heinlein
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/20/2014 8:22:57 AM

There is no beginning or end to the universe. It only exists because we believe it does. God formed illusions within His mind that are so perfect looking that His people thought they and the things they observe were actually something real.
TN05
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/20/2014 8:25:36 AM

Dawkins should just stick to biology. He's shown himself to be incapable of intelligently discussing pretty much anything else at this point.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/20/2014 8:34:21 AM
At 9/20/2014 8:25:36 AM, TN05 wrote:

Dawkins should just stick to biology. He's shown himself to be incapable of intelligently discussing pretty much anything else at this point.
Says you.

OH I believe now. bwuahahahahahahahahahahaha
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/20/2014 8:34:33 AM

Are you any different than Dawkins?
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/20/2014 8:37:06 AM
BTW you disbelieve his statements on biology as well.

Of course you have no basis for that rejection other than the writings of ignorant 2000yrs dead goatherds.

They must have known more about biology than Professor Dawkins.
TN05
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/20/2014 8:39:47 AM
At 9/20/2014 8:34:21 AM, bulproof wrote:

Says you.

You must be a member of his official cult.
TN05
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/20/2014 8:41:48 AM
At 9/20/2014 8:37:06 AM, bulproof wrote:

When have I stated my disbelief in biology?

Of course you have no basis for that rejection other than the writings of ignorant 2000yrs dead goatherds.

I don't reject biology. Unlike you, I also don't reject historians.

What makes Dawkins an expert in physics, theology, or history? He has no background in any of those.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/20/2014 8:42:31 AM

All us saints know much more than any scientist will ever know.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/20/2014 8:43:39 AM
At 9/20/2014 8:39:47 AM, TN05 wrote:

Says you.

What CULT would that be?

Is reading one of his books a first communion in your said CULT?
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/20/2014 8:47:31 AM
At 9/20/2014 8:41:48 AM, TN05 wrote:

Not what I stated, lying by omission is still lying.

What makes Dawkins an expert in physics, theology, or history? He has no background in any of those.
Where did you see mention of physics, theology, or history?

If you can't respond to posts without lying then perhaps you shouldn't respond at all.
TN05
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/20/2014 8:50:21 AM
At 9/20/2014 8:47:31 AM, bulproof wrote:

When have I lied by omission? What have I lied about?

If you can't respond to posts without lying then perhaps you shouldn't respond at all.

This video, where he makes a ridiculous claim about physics (that something can be created from nothing, provided that nothing is actually something. He regularly makes ridiculous claims about theology and religion in history in his anti-religion books. He has no expertise in these areas but regularly makes ridiculous claims about them.
TN05
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/20/2014 8:54:34 AM
At 9/20/2014 8:43:39 AM, bulproof wrote:

Says you.

What CULT would that be?

I'm glad you asked! It would be this:

http://www.spectator.co.uk...

The 'Circle of Reason'. For just $85 a month you get the 'privilege' of discounts from his website and an opportunity to meet minions in his foundation. Of course, you can't actually meet him - for that you need to pay $210 a year to see him speak at an event. For $100,000-500,000 a year you can get to have breakfast or lunch with him!

So basically, it's a religion without the good things.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/20/2014 9:03:26 AM
At 9/20/2014 8:50:21 AM, TN05 wrote:
At 9/20/2014 8:47:31 AM, bulproof wrote:

I said that you reject Dawkins statements on biology and you calimed that you don't reject biology, that is a lie by omission. You won't understand because your belief system,you salvation, is based upon such deception.
I really do pity you and I mean no slight, I mean love.

This video, where he makes a ridiculous claim about physics (that something can be created from nothing, provided that nothing is actually something. He regularly makes ridiculous claims about theology and religion in history in his anti-religion books. He has no expertise in these areas but regularly makes ridiculous claims about them.
Once again producing information not contained in the discussion in order that you support the lies that you tell in your posts.
TN05
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/20/2014 9:09:37 AM
At 9/20/2014 8:50:21 AM, TN05 wrote:
I said that you reject Dawkins statements on biology and you calimed that you don't reject biology, that is a lie by omission. You won't understand because your belief system,you salvation, is based upon such deception.
I really do pity you and I mean no slight, I mean love.

Lol. What statements on biology of his do I reject? Please demonstrate an example of me doing this. The burden of proof is on you to establish I have done so, not on me to prove I haven't.

Once again producing information not contained in the discussion in order that you support the lies that you tell in your posts.

What lies have I told? Be specific. You don't seem to be arguing very rationally.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/20/2014 9:13:21 AM
At 9/20/2014 8:54:34 AM, TN05 wrote:
At 9/20/2014 8:43:39 AM, bulproof wrote:

Says you.

What CULT would that be?

I'm glad you asked! It would be this:

http://www.spectator.co.uk...

The 'Circle of Reason'. For just $85 a month you get the 'privilege' of discounts from his website and an opportunity to meet minions in his foundation. Of course, you can't actually meet him - for that you need to pay $210 a year to see him speak at an event. For $100,000-500,000 a year you can get to have breakfast or lunch with him!

So basically, it's a religion without the good things.

I didn't go to your link or even understand the drivel that you continued with.

Here is the Late, Late, Late NEWS.

Atheists don't believe your god or any of the thousands of gods created by man exist.

I have never read a book by an atheist (unless it was Robert Heinlein) and he had nothing to do with my beliefs, he was a science fiction writer.

I will say though that he had more insight into humanity the the book of catholics has.

You morons who need desperately to need everybody on the planet to belong to a religion, whether it's yours or not, just because you couldn't possibly exist without religion, is just the pathetic excuse you use to give your life meaning.

That meaning is that when you DIE you won't be DEAD.