Jump to topic:

If jesus was crusified and rose..

HandsOff
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2010 10:32:50 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
If jesus was crusified and rose from the dead in my town, then walked around for 40 sum days, you can bet everyone within 100 miles of here would be sworn believers. The region would certainly not become or remain a hub for jews or musilims after such an event. So, why is chrisitianity the minority religion in the region where this supposedly happened? No politician, no soldier and no citizen would be able to deny that he was the son of god or keep a lid on the truth at that point.
Freeman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2010 10:57:46 PM
At 3/24/2010 10:32:50 PM, HandsOff wrote:
If jesus was crusified and rose from the dead in my town, then walked around for 40 sum days, you can bet everyone within 100 miles of here would be sworn believers. The region would certainly not become or remain a hub for jews or musilims after such an event. So, why is chrisitianity the minority religion in the region where this supposedly happened? No politician, no soldier and no citizen would be able to deny that he was the son of god or keep a lid on the truth at that point.

I reject your analysis. Even if Jesus actually did rise from the dead and float into the sky like a balloon filled with helium, that wouldn't vindicate Christianity. It certainly wouldn't demonstrate that Jesus was the son of God or that his teachings were moral. In fact, according the Bible itself, resurrections were quite common during the first century. In the gospel of Matthew, Matthew describes how many people were resurrected after the time of the crucifiction.

Matthew:

27:52 And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose,
27:53 And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many.
Chancellor of Propaganda and Foreign Relations in the Franklin administration.

"I intend to live forever. So far, so good." -- Steven Wright
DATCMOTO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2010 5:26:22 AM
At 3/24/2010 10:32:50 PM, HandsOff wrote:

1.John 15:24
If I had not done among them what no one else did, they would not be guilty of sin. But now they have seen these miracles, and yet they have hated both me and my Father.
The Cross.. the Cross.