Petition to remove the Pope

Freeman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2010 2:56:29 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
According to LAURIE GOODSTEIN of the Ney York Times:

"Top Vatican officials — including the future Pope Benedict XVI — did not defrock a priest who molested as many as 200 deaf boys, even though several American bishops repeatedly warned them that failure to act on the matter could embarrass the church, according to church files newly unearthed as part of a lawsuit."

If you agree with me that the this type of behavior simply cannot be excused or tolerated then please sign my petition below.

By signing you are agreeing that:

"Joseph Ratzinger must immediately tender his resignation as Pope for his involvement in the Murphy sex abuse scandal."

You can find the petition here: http://www.ipetitions.com...
Chancellor of Propaganda and Foreign Relations in the Franklin administration.

"I intend to live forever. So far, so good." -- Steven Wright
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2010 2:59:02 PM
At 3/25/2010 2:57:52 PM, Nags wrote:
Lol. K. Right after I sign the petition to remove President Obama from office.

I should create a petition to get people to stop whining about Obama. :)
Koopin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2010 2:59:34 PM

10/10
kfc
Freeman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2010 3:03:20 PM

On what grounds?

Kahvan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2010 3:06:43 PM
At 3/25/2010 3:03:20 PM, Freeman wrote:

On what grounds?

and with what evidence?
Xer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2010 3:12:42 PM
On what grounds?

Seriously?

Off the top of my head: SCHIP, bailout, stimulus, Afghanistan War, health care reform, TARP, PATRIOT Act. It goes on.
Cody_Franklin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2010 3:17:28 PM
At 3/25/2010 3:12:42 PM, Nags wrote:
On what grounds?

Seriously?

Off the top of my head: SCHIP, bailout, stimulus, Afghanistan War, health care reform, TARP, PATRIOT Act. It goes on.

You might want to have Bush arrested too, since many of those are his policies.
Freeman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2010 3:18:05 PM
On what grounds?

Seriously?

PATRIOT Act? Afghanistan War?! Ugh.. Are you suffering from a case of amnesia?

Unlike the Pope, Obama hasn't covered up the rape of children.

Xer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2010 3:27:16 PM
At 3/25/2010 3:18:05 PM, Freeman wrote:

What?

Right. He just kills children daily with bombs.
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2010 3:30:40 PM
At 3/25/2010 3:27:16 PM, Nags wrote:
At 3/25/2010 3:18:05 PM, Freeman wrote:

What?

Right. He just kills children daily with bombs.

Hey, bush started the war in Afghanistan, not Obama. However, I do strongly disagree with his decision to deploy more troops to Afghanistan.
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2010 3:32:23 PM
Obama is put into difficult situations. He did not start the Afghan War therefore we should not directly blame him. He just tends to worsen it by sending more troops, but as I said, it's hard for him to decide.
Xer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2010 3:33:48 PM
At 3/25/2010 3:30:40 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
Hey, bush started the war in Afghanistan, not Obama. However, I do strongly disagree with his decision to deploy more troops to Afghanistan.

Obama can end the war. Bush is irrelevant.

At 3/25/2010 3:32:23 PM, Mirza wrote:
Obama is put into difficult situations. He did not start the Afghan War therefore we should not directly blame him. He just tends to worsen it by sending more troops, but as I said, it's hard for him to decide.

Obama can end the war. Who started it is irrelevant.
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2010 3:35:58 PM
At 3/25/2010 3:33:48 PM, Nags wrote:
Yes he can, and should. What will happen then? If the rise of terror attacks starts after he starts pulling troops out, guess who'll be blamed? It's not easy for him to decide what the best option is. I believe he should pull the troops out, but he knows that there will always be some people who will oppose such a decision, therefore he needs more time to think about it.
Freeman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2010 3:39:31 PM
At 3/25/2010 3:33:48 PM, Nags wrote:
At 3/25/2010 3:30:40 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:

Obama can end the war. Bush is irrelevant.

At 3/25/2010 3:32:23 PM, Mirza wrote:

Nags, come on, don't you want to see the Pope resign?

As it turns out, the Pope will probably not survive another two weeks in office.

The Irish Bookie site Paddypower is laying down 3-to-1 odds Pope Benedict XVI will be ousted over accusations that he was behind misdeeds such as helping shield a priest who purportedly raped hundreds of deaf boys.

http://blogs.sfweekly.com...

Xer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2010 3:42:37 PM
At 3/25/2010 3:35:58 PM, Mirza wrote:
Yes he can, and should. What will happen then? If the rise of terror attacks starts after he starts pulling troops out, guess who'll be blamed? It's not easy for him to decide what the best option is. I believe he should pull the troops out, but he knows that there will always be some people who will oppose such a decision, therefore he needs more time to think about it.

What does he need to think about? Not much. Just pull 'em out. Terrorist attacks will decrease, not increase.

At 3/25/2010 3:39:31 PM, Freeman wrote:

Meh. Don't care. Another person who is magically infallible will just take his place.

As it turns out, the Pope will probably not survive another two weeks in office.

The Irish Bookie site Paddypower is laying down 3-to-1 odds Pope Benedict XVI will be ousted over accusations that he was behind misdeeds such as helping shield a priest who purportedly raped hundreds of deaf boys.

Has a Pope ever been ousted?
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2010 3:47:27 PM
At 3/25/2010 3:42:37 PM, Nags wrote:
What does he need to think about? Not much. Just pull 'em out. Terrorist attacks will decrease, not increase.
I think so, too. What if you and I are wrong? It would still be risky. It's about human lives, and the decision is hard to make. You don't have such a big responsibility, so try to be in his shoes in your mind and I'm sure you'll get a grasp of the reality that Obama is facing. I wish that he will pull the troops out, but he does not want it to be a big mistake and end like Bush.
Freeman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2010 3:47:38 PM
At 3/25/2010 3:42:37 PM, Nags wrote:
At 3/25/2010 3:35:58 PM, Mirza wrote:

At 3/25/2010 3:39:31 PM, Freeman wrote:

Meh. Don't care. Another person who is magically infallible will just take his place.

Has a Pope ever been ousted?

I don't think so. Even the Pope that was a Nazi sympathizer during WW2 didn't get ousted. And a pope hasn't resigned in almost 600 years.

Kahvan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2010 5:12:32 AM
Well I was officially the first to sighn but if reasonable grounds were present to petition Obama out of office I might sighn that was well (look back to first page)
Floid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2010 5:14:57 AM
If you agree with me that the this type of behavior simply cannot be excused or tolerated then please sign my petition below.

While I agree that type of behaviour should not be tolerated, I am not a Catholic and therefore I don't really have an interest in who is Pope, so there is no point in me signing the petition.
Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2010 6:11:09 AM
On what grounds?

Seriously?

I thought the Patriot Act was purely done by Bush's administration. Obama hasnt caused that, at worst just passively dosnt do away with it. He came to office for Helth Care reform and every other job that president normaly has is just an annoying distraction to him.
One act of Rebellion created all the darkness and evil in the world; One life of Total Obedience created a path back to eternity and God.

A Scout is Obedient.
Freeman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2010 10:57:17 AM
Transfer cleared by pope, priest molested again
Cleric returned to pastoral work days after beginning psychiatric treatment

By Nicholas Kulish and Katrin Bennhold- The New York Times

updated 5:01 a.m. PT, Fri., March. 26, 2010

"MUNICH, Germany - The future Pope Benedict XVI was kept more closely apprised of a sexual abuse case in Germany than previous church statements have suggested, raising fresh questions about his handling of a scandal unfolding under his direct supervision before he rose to the top of the church's hierarchy.

Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger, the future pope and archbishop in Munich at the time, was copied on a memo that informed him that a priest, whom he had approved sending to therapy in 1980 to overcome pedophilia, would be returned to pastoral work within days of beginning psychiatric treatment. The priest was later convicted of molesting boys in another parish..."

http://www.msnbc.msn.com...