Total Posts:52|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Which forum has been kicking atheists off?

neutral
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2014 3:29:58 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I am curious.

We've had a rash of recent atheist posters whose views are ... pretty clearly extreme. The new atheists to the forum are generally lacking in even basic conversational skills, and are, too be blunt, displaying behavior that would be harshly punished on most forums.

Given that I have had a couple of exchanges in the past few days, where the 'newb' talked right over me as if he'd had the same argument a thousand times ... I am curious as to where they came from.

Seem pretty obvious someone is cleaning house. I'd like to know where ... perhaps to go there and actually discuss things rather than just engage in pointless flame war with an increasing number of atheist newbs who have no intention of listening or discussing much of anything.
LogicalLunatic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2014 3:50:03 PM
At 9/24/2014 3:29:58 PM, neutral wrote:
I am curious.

We've had a rash of recent atheist posters whose views are ... pretty clearly extreme. The new atheists to the forum are generally lacking in even basic conversational skills, and are, too be blunt, displaying behavior that would be harshly punished on most forums.

Given that I have had a couple of exchanges in the past few days, where the 'newb' talked right over me as if he'd had the same argument a thousand times ... I am curious as to where they came from.

Seem pretty obvious someone is cleaning house. I'd like to know where ... perhaps to go there and actually discuss things rather than just engage in pointless flame war with an increasing number of atheist newbs who have no intention of listening or discussing much of anything.

You know, I'm beginning to think that you're not a troll.
A True Work of Art: http://www.debate.org...

Atheist Logic: http://www.debate.org...

Bulproof formally admits to being a troll (Post 16):
http://www.debate.org...
neutral
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2014 3:53:20 PM
At 9/24/2014 3:50:03 PM, LogicalLunatic wrote:
I am curious.

I'd much rather discuss ... but we get more and more trolls every day ... and at some point ... its just not worth the effort to even attempt to discuss things with people who, I kid you not, will ignite a flame war over you disagreeing that Hitler was Christian or dumping out accusations of genocide into a discussion about women's issues before changing the subject to Hell ...

Someone is moderating discussions out there. I'd like to know where.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2014 3:58:21 PM
At 9/24/2014 3:53:20 PM, neutral wrote:
I am curious.

I'd much rather discuss ... but we get more and more trolls every day ... and at some point ... its just not worth the effort to even attempt to discuss things with people who, I kid you not, will ignite a flame war over you disagreeing that Hitler was Christian or dumping out accusations of genocide into a discussion about women's issues before changing the subject to Hell ...

HISTORY tells us that Hitler was a Catholic. If you want to claim that Catholicism is not christianity then have at it, spit and dribble.

Oh someone is.
As we can see by the nature of your abuse over the last two days.
neutral
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2014 4:00:32 PM
At 9/24/2014 3:58:21 PM, bulproof wrote:

HISTORY tells us that Hitler was a Catholic. If you want to claim that Catholicism is not christianity then have at it, spit and dribble.

Oh someone is.

WTF does this even have to do with the topic you flaming retard?

Which forum is kicking atheists off?

HITLER WAS A CHRISTIAN ... RAR ... ME BULLY TROLL!!!

And ThinkFirst thinks this is intelligent! One of our 'recent arrivals' jumped right onto it!
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2014 4:10:50 PM
At 9/24/2014 4:00:32 PM, neutral wrote:

Oh someone is.

And ThinkFirst thinks this is intelligent! One of our 'recent arrivals' jumped right onto it!

Just this, your words. You brought it up.
its just not worth the effort to even attempt to discuss things with people who, I kid you not, will ignite a flame war over you disagreeing that Hitler was Christian
neutral
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2014 4:14:00 PM
At 9/24/2014 4:10:50 PM, bulproof wrote:

Oh someone is.

its just not worth the effort to even attempt to discuss things with people who, I kid you not, will ignite a flame war over you disagreeing that Hitler was Christian

ROFL!!!!

You really are one of the dumbest people I have ever encountered. And I have encountered Afghan tribes with no education whatsoever!

An example of what is being talked about and NOT discussed by a an INFLAMMATORY poster in demonstration of WHO got kicked off of ... WHICH FORUM ... does not magically turn the discussion into the topic of THAT DISCUSSION.

Its that usual problem of yours ... a NON-CONTEXTUAL PARTIAL QUOTE you flaming idiot.
LifeMeansGodIsGood
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2014 4:26:25 PM
I am curious.

Cathoicism is a relgion based on Catholic dogma. It is not christian. It is catholic. The Pope is not the Vicar, embodiment, of Jesus Christ and the Catholic wafer is not God. Catholicism is a religion akin to and apparently the revival of the ancient Babylonian religion of worshipping Nimrod and his mother. Catholicism is not Christian no matter how many christian names and bible verses they use. It's a fraud.

Catholics make great christians if they get saved. If you are not saved, you cannot be a christian. You can call yourself a christian untill you wake up in Hell, and even when you are in Hell you can claim you are and always were a christian.

Catholics make great christians if they get saved. I know several christians who were catholic untill they got saved. It's hard for a catholic to admit they need to be saved and the Pope, priests, or the catholic church and all of it's sacraments can't save you.
neutral
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2014 4:29:11 PM
At 9/24/2014 4:26:25 PM, LifeMeansGodIsGood wrote:
I am curious.

Cathoicism is a relgion based on Catholic dogma. It is not christian. It is catholic. The Pope is not the Vicar, embodiment, of Jesus Christ and the Catholic wafer is not God. Catholicism is a religion akin to and apparently the revival of the ancient Babylonian religion of worshipping Nimrod and his mother. Catholicism is not Christian no matter how many christian names and bible verses they use. It's a fraud.

Catholics make great christians if they get saved. If you are not saved, you cannot be a christian. You can call yourself a christian untill you wake up in Hell, and even when you are in Hell you can claim you are and always were a christian.

Catholics make great christians if they get saved. I know several christians who were catholic untill they got saved. It's hard for a catholic to admit they need to be saved and the Pope, priests, or the catholic church and all of it's sacraments can't save you.

Well, can't say the inability to actually stay on topic is a purely atheist problem ...
LifeMeansGodIsGood
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2014 4:35:11 PM
At 9/24/2014 4:29:11 PM, neutral wrote:
I am curious.

Well, can't say the inability to actually stay on topic is a purely atheist problem ...

Oops......I think i was trying to put that in a different forum,......oh well, I responded to the guy who is saying catholics are christians. They do make great christians if they get saved.
LostintheEcho1498
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2014 6:35:14 PM
I am curious.

I have also noticed this but not just with the religion forum. Some people on debates hear things and it just goes in one ear and out the other. It frustrates me to no end. How do you have a debate with someone when they simply repeat their previous statement over and over again claiming it makes all your statements moot? Then some people just troll on debates or the religion forum out of sheer sport(not you bulproof. For you, this is life, not sport.). I find it very annoying. As for where they came from, I think we can all blame each other. They came from the recent generation and we made them that way. I find it is a pity. Whether or not they are being censored, though, I have no clue. If they are, then how would we know?
YamaVonKarma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2014 6:42:37 PM

Oh someone is.

Reported.
People who I've called as mafia DP1:
TUF, and YYW
LostintheEcho1498
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2014 6:43:09 PM
I am curious.

Oh someone is.

I find the idea that since one person claims to be of a certain religion and commits horrible acts that what he is doing must be okay to that religion is a load of poppycock. I can run around blowing up buildings in the name of God but that does not make it so. Same with the extremist Muslims. Real Muslims wouldn't swat a wasp if it was biting them but the extremists run around killing people all in the name of the same God. Does this mean that Muslims who aren't terrorists are worshiping a God who condones terrorism or that the extremists are doing these things in the name of God and are doing it rightly so? Claiming to be of a religion and following a religion are two very different things and so the whole claim that since Hitler was a Catholic Catholicism is like saying that since Jeffrey Dahmer was a Protestant that all Protestants are evil. It doesn't make any rational sense. That being said, I have no idea if Hitler claimed to be Catholic or not but regardless he definitely was not a real one in action.
YamaVonKarma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2014 6:43:10 PM
At 9/24/2014 4:14:00 PM, neutral wrote:

Oh someone is.

ROFL!!!!

You really are one of the dumbest people I have ever encountered. And I have encountered Afghan tribes with no education whatsoever!

An example of what is being talked about and NOT discussed by a an INFLAMMATORY poster in demonstration of WHO got kicked off of ... WHICH FORUM ... does not magically turn the discussion into the topic of THAT DISCUSSION.

Its that usual problem of yours ... a NON-CONTEXTUAL PARTIAL QUOTE you flaming idiot.

Reported.
People who I've called as mafia DP1:
TUF, and YYW
LostintheEcho1498
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2014 6:43:57 PM
I am curious.

lol I just caught something. Are you saying that you want the old atheists back?
LogicalLunatic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2014 9:27:33 PM
I am curious.

...And? The Nazis wanted to remove all Jewish elements from Christianity (so basically everything about Christianity). They used the Christian label to gain the support of the people.
I read that later on, a certain Nazi organization (the SS, I think) prohibited its members from attending church services or serving as clergy.
Basically, whenever they held all the power over the people, they dropped the Christian label quite eagerly.

Oh someone is.
A True Work of Art: http://www.debate.org...

Atheist Logic: http://www.debate.org...

Bulproof formally admits to being a troll (Post 16):
http://www.debate.org...
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2014 10:37:06 PM
At 9/24/2014 9:27:33 PM, LogicalLunatic wrote:
I am curious.

...And? The Nazis wanted to remove all Jewish elements from Christianity (so basically everything about Christianity). They used the Christian label to gain the support of the people.
I read that later on, a certain Nazi organization (the SS, I think) prohibited its members from attending church services or serving as clergy.
Basically, whenever they held all the power over the people, they dropped the Christian label quite eagerly.

Oh someone is.

Well if you are going to present bona fide facts like that I guess I'm beat<sarcasm>
neutral
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2014 12:03:39 AM
At 9/24/2014 6:43:10 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:
At 9/24/2014 4:14:00 PM, neutral wrote:

Oh someone is.

ROFL!!!!

Reported.

Well, good luck with that. I've reported literally thousands of posts - including several hundred inflammatory post, not too mention the fact that bully boy has been stalking me, making absurd comments, claims, and accusations for months. No effect whatsoever.

Thebreportvfunction appears to be decoration.

So, if I am the guy that has to deal with bully boy? Well, when the police won't respond to a stalker? What do you do? Usually, you confront them and their behavior.

Bully boy is an idiot of immense proportion - and I am tired of biting my tongue while he continues. Spade is a spade.
neutral
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2014 12:07:04 AM
At 9/24/2014 6:43:57 PM, LostintheEcho1498 wrote:
I am curious.

lol I just caught something. Are you saying that you want the old atheists back?

Nope, I'd just like some basic standards enforced - the failure to do so?

I'd barely call this a discussion forum anymore.

About the only thing I accomplish here is capturing the attention of the abusive trolls. But abusive trolls don't stop ... I go, they simply turn on other people. Witness the witless wonder bully boy - who is widely regarded as an absolute troll - but the new witless wonders all think he is their leader and 'smart'.

Will that make it better or worse, do you think?
Skepticalone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2014 12:13:12 AM
I am curious.

Thank you for the concession.
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
neutral
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2014 12:14:15 AM
At 9/25/2014 12:13:12 AM, Skepticalone wrote:
I am curious.

Thank you for the concession.

It's not a concession, it's just how standards work ;-)
Beastt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2014 2:01:06 AM

Seem pretty obvious someone is cleaning house. I'd like to know where

The best guess is that they've recently left the church.

How interesting that so many refer to atheists who are willing to promote reason, "militant", while at the same time, complaining that the rules of the forum aren't being adhered to in a strict "militant" fashion.
"If we believe absurdities we shall commit atrocities." -- Voltaire
neutral
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2014 3:00:04 AM
At 9/25/2014 2:01:06 AM, Beastt wrote:

Seem pretty obvious someone is cleaning house. I'd like to know where

The best guess is that they've recently left the church.

How interesting that so many refer to atheists who are willing to promote reason, "militant", while at the same time, complaining that the rules of the forum aren't being adhered to in a strict "militant" fashion.

Extremist excuses again I see.

Standards are standards. The fact that atheists scream when they are treated as they treat people is the problem. Unfortrunately, in typical extremist douchebaggery, when you insult someone its earned! When someone hits back ... its cry baby victim time.

And what is lost is even the pretense of an actual discussion.

That is what STRANDARDS are supposed to prevent. Unfortuantely, you, and the new crop of extremist atheists, are so sectarian that you are incpable of applyting and following standards. Hence the breakdown in ... whatever this is.

I do enjoy church though, when the dregs of atheism show up and act like nut jobs ... they get escorted out. An experience you are familiar with I am sure.
neutral
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2014 3:19:32 AM
At 9/24/2014 6:35:14 PM, LostintheEcho1498 wrote:
I am curious.

I have also noticed this but not just with the religion forum. Some people on debates hear things and it just goes in one ear and out the other. It frustrates me to no end. How do you have a debate with someone when they simply repeat their previous statement over and over again claiming it makes all your statements moot? Then some people just troll on debates or the religion forum out of sheer sport(not you bulproof. For you, this is life, not sport.). I find it very annoying. As for where they came from, I think we can all blame each other. They came from the recent generation and we made them that way. I find it is a pity. Whether or not they are being censored, though, I have no clue. If they are, then how would we know?

The thing is LE, when a 'newb' jump on a forum, and the mantra is not only set, but so is the response to 'your respone' and its absolutely unthinking ... that is a traiuned response. Its like an automated telephone program, and when you are actualkly attempting to engage in a conversation ... it can be very frustrating.

Just like that hone program though, its a created response - born some something. In this case, its bully boy writ large - who may infect this forum, but he is hardly uncommon off the forum. Every religious forum I have discussed in has people like him. As I have long predicted, the patience for this type of behavior eventually wears thin, the pretext and excuse that they are merely victims rather than poorly adjusted adults incapable of communication eventually wears thin.

That appears to have finally happened somewhere - and teh silence from the recent bannees is telling. Now its this forum's problem.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2014 11:08:56 PM
I am curious.

LTO, I think you may need to see if you can buy yourself a life down at the recycle centre, if you think what I do is life.
It ain't sport, it ain't life, it's fun, it's entertainment.
You have no idea how many giggles and outright belly laughs I receive from the comments of the religious on here.
It's not as funny as Who's on First, but it comes close at times.
neutral
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2014 1:07:09 AM
At 9/26/2014 11:08:56 PM, bulproof wrote:
I am curious.

LTO, I think you may need to see if you can buy yourself a life down at the recycle centre, if you think what I do is life.
You have no idea how many giggles and outright belly laughs I receive from the comments of the religious on here.

Yes, that good clean 'fun' to be an abusive twit with no brain who serially stalks and insults people while playing a victim ... its like high school drama club all over!

Only you are supposed to be an adult now ...
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2014 1:29:44 AM
At 9/27/2014 1:07:09 AM, neutral wrote:
At 9/26/2014 11:08:56 PM, bulproof wrote:
I am curious.

Yes, that good clean 'fun' to be an abusive twit with no brain who serially stalks and insults people while playing a victim ... its like high school drama club all over!

Only you are supposed to be an adult now ...

Stalking says the chappy who has created three separate and yet futile threads with the sole intent and purpose of bashing bullyboy. Oh should I be flattered?
Inspector Clouseau I presume?
neutral
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2014 1:35:40 AM
At 9/27/2014 1:29:44 AM, bulproof wrote:

Stalking says the chappy who has created three separate and yet futile threads with the sole intent and purpose of bashing bullyboy. Oh should I be flattered?

After MONTHS of you following me around and DEMANDING satisfaction, I have happily called you BS to task.

Now, getting what you DEMAND ... makes you a victim of stalking?

The ratioanlized excuses of an abusive bully troll upon being called to task.

And bultard, this thread is not about you ... see if you can come out of narcassistic coma long enough to read the the title.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2014 1:39:45 AM
At 9/27/2014 1:35:40 AM, neutral wrote:
At 9/27/2014 1:29:44 AM, bulproof wrote:

After MONTHS of you following me around and DEMANDING satisfaction, I have happily called you BS to task.

Now, getting what you DEMAND ... makes you a victim of stalking?

The ratioanlized excuses of an abusive bully troll upon being called to task.

And bultard, this thread is not about you ... see if you can come out of narcassistic coma long enough to read the the title.

Did you see me mention this thread?
I see your manners haven't improved much. tut tut.