Jump to topic:

Can someone please help me

Freeman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2010 11:23:49 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
I am looking for a copy of the memo that is described in the article. If you find it, can you please send me a link to it.

By Nicholas Kulish and Katrin Bennhold

updated 5:01 a.m. PT, Fri., March. 26, 2010
MUNICH, Germany - The future Pope Benedict XVI was kept more closely apprised of a sexual abuse case in Germany than previous church statements have suggested, raising fresh questions about his handling of a scandal unfolding under his direct supervision before he rose to the top of the church's hierarchy.

Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger, the future pope and archbishop in Munich at the time, was copied on a memo that informed him that a priest, whom he had approved sending to therapy in 1980 to overcome pedophilia, would be returned to pastoral work within days of beginning psychiatric treatment. The priest was later convicted of molesting boys in another parish....

http://www.msnbc.msn.com...
Chancellor of Propaganda and Foreign Relations in the Franklin administration.

"I intend to live forever. So far, so good." -- Steven Wright
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2010 11:25:47 PM
When people want to preserve something, they don't call it a "memo," good luck.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
DATCMOTO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2010 4:09:50 AM
At 3/26/2010 11:23:49 PM, Freeman wrote:
I am looking for a copy of the memo that is described in the article. If you find it, can you please send me a link to it.

MUNICH, Germany - The future Pope Benedict XVI was kept more closely apprised of a sexual abuse case in Germany than previous church statements have suggested, raising fresh questions about his handling of a scandal unfolding under his direct supervision before he rose to the top of the church's hierarchy.

Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger, the future pope and archbishop in Munich at the time, was copied on a memo that informed him that a priest, whom he had approved sending to therapy in 1980 to overcome pedophilia, would be returned to pastoral work within days of beginning psychiatric treatment. The priest was later convicted of molesting boys in another parish....

Forget the pope, forget the church and forget christianity.. Focus on Christ; what do you make of Him and His teaching? Who do you say He is?

On this and on this alone will we be judged.
The Cross.. the Cross.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2010 4:19:05 AM
At 3/30/2010 4:09:50 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
Forget the pope, forget the church and forget christianity.. Focus on Christ; what do you make of Him and His teaching? Who do you say He is?

Absurd biography, inconsistent teachings, absurd claims without proof.

Oh well.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
DATCMOTO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2010 2:48:41 AM
At 3/30/2010 4:19:05 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:

You've yet to establish any of the above; so far, you've only exposed your abject ignorance of Christian theology.

oh.. and your utter poverty of humanity/humour.

Oh well.

'EVERY knee shall bow and EVERY tongue confess that CHRIST IS LORD.'
The Cross.. the Cross.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2010 5:43:07 AM
At 3/31/2010 2:48:41 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:

You've yet to establish any of the above; so far, you've only exposed your abject ignorance of Christian theology.

Poverty of humanity... great term, if I'd be been proposing genocide that would make sense. As it is then it's just a snide remark from a sad little shell of a man.

As for humour... yes, text based conversations on theology are a great way to assess someone's sense of humour.

Oh well.

Brilliant, I'll see you in heaven then.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
DATCMOTO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2010 3:37:25 AM
At 3/31/2010 5:43:07 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 3/31/2010 2:48:41 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:

Poverty of humanity... great term, if I'd be been proposing genocide that would make sense. As it is then it's just a snide remark from a sad little shell of a man.

ALL SING: (to tune 'GLORIOUS VICTORIOUS') ~Ad hominem ad nauseum!

As for humour... yes, text based conversations on theology are a great way to assess someone's sense of humour.

I think so..

Oh well.

Brilliant, I'll see you in heaven then.

1.John 12:35
Then Jesus told them, "You are going to have the light just a little while longer. Walk while you have the light, before darkness overtakes you. The man who walks in the dark does not know where he is going.

You gotta start being honest in the small things.. in the things you do understand.

Or else you are truly lost. Forever.
The Cross.. the Cross.
Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2010 5:58:02 AM

Every action in your life cant revolve around what youll be judged on. Preveinent Grace and Justifying grace are very breif parts in your christian life. once saved you have the rest of your life in Sanctifying Grace. The Church is a rather important asset in our pursite of christian perfection. do not tell people to forget the church DACT.
One act of Rebellion created all the darkness and evil in the world; One life of Total Obedience created a path back to eternity and God.

A Scout is Obedient.
DATCMOTO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/9/2010 2:58:59 AM
At 4/6/2010 5:58:02 AM, Marauder wrote:

Every action in your life cant revolve around what youll be judged on. Preveinent Grace and Justifying grace are very breif parts in your christian life. once saved you have the rest of your life in Sanctifying Grace. The Church is a rather important asset in our pursite of christian perfection. do not tell people to forget the church DACT.

I will tell people what I want, when I want, to whom I want..
The Cross.. the Cross.
Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/9/2010 12:33:42 PM
At 4/9/2010 2:58:59 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:

No kidding, and you can expect me to jump in when what your telling people in the name of christianity is something completely unchristian and stupid for that matter. The congregation of Christ people and becomeing a part of it is a very important part of pursuing Sanctification.
One act of Rebellion created all the darkness and evil in the world; One life of Total Obedience created a path back to eternity and God.

A Scout is Obedient.
DATCMOTO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2010 2:55:37 AM
At 4/9/2010 12:33:42 PM, Marauder wrote:

No kidding, and you can expect me to jump in when what your telling people in the name of christianity is something completely unchristian and stupid for that matter. The congregation of Christ people and becomeing a part of it is a very important part of pursuing Sanctification.

The Church is inportant to believers; not to unbelievers.. with them we must begin with Christ.

' If you call a brother a fool you are in dangers of the fires of hell. "
The Cross.. the Cross.
Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2010 7:35:55 AM
At 4/13/2010 2:55:37 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:

The Church is inportant to believers; not to unbelievers.. with them we must begin with Christ.

I am endanger of nothing, as when judgment comes I have the greatist defense attorny, Jesus Christ. I am washed in his blood now and need not worry over going to hell. But you can cast your own judgement on me thinking its as good as Gods I dont care.
Incedently, even if you admit you have said something stupid you shouldnt consider yourself a fool.

they are two kinds of ministies god gives us christians. to some he gives the ministry of bringing more people to the word that have not heard it, to others its the maintaince and encuragence to leave behind elementry thing and press on to perfection Hebrews 6.
But if people like you who have ministry number one, try to make you own job easier by undercutting the job of people like me, the second mentioned ministry, neither of us are going to do a very effective ministry for our lord. To properly stay in the body of christ they are many sacrements and practises that aid ones spiritual jurney like going to church, becoming part of a congregation, a new familey, taking communion, studing the word, ect. but you who are there when these people first believed to just make you sales pitch a little easier to sell undercutt all of this and that becomes the structure for there new faith. It should not be suprising that for many it dosent last long, and they slowy stop reading the word and go back to doing whatever they want a do.

Dont undercut my job when doing yours, and I'll try not to undercutt yours when doing mine. We both are on the same team and can work together on this.

A Scout is Obedient.
DATCMOTO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2010 2:55:05 AM
At 4/13/2010 7:35:55 AM, Marauder wrote:

I am endanger of nothing, as when judgment comes I have the greatist defense attorny, Jesus Christ. I am washed in his blood now and need not worry over going to hell. But you can cast your own judgement on me thinking its as good as Gods I dont care.
Incedently, even if you admit you have said something stupid you shouldnt consider yourself a fool.

they are two kinds of ministies god gives us christians. to some he gives the ministry of bringing more people to the word that have not heard it, to others its the maintaince and encuragence to leave behind elementry thing and press on to perfection Hebrews 6.
But if people like you who have ministry number one, try to make you own job easier by undercutting the job of people like me, the second mentioned ministry, neither of us are going to do a very effective ministry for our lord. To properly stay in the body of christ they are many sacrements and practises that aid ones spiritual jurney like going to church, becoming part of a congregation, a new familey, taking communion, studing the word, ect. but you who are there when these people first believed to just make you sales pitch a little easier to sell undercutt all of this and that becomes the structure for there new faith. It should not be suprising that for many it dosent last long, and they slowy stop reading the word and go back to doing whatever they want a do.

Dont undercut my job when doing yours, and I'll try not to undercutt yours when doing mine. We both are on the same team and can work together on this.

Oh but you are undercutting me.. stay out of my way; final warning.
The Cross.. the Cross.
Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2010 5:55:47 AM
At 4/15/2010 2:55:05 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 4/13/2010 7:35:55 AM, Marauder wrote:

All I have done is aid you when you are wrong, trying to make it possible for our two ministries, (bringing the word for the first time and maintaining life in it afterward) to not conflict with each other. So that the rest of the world can see the full spectrum of our christian example of life the day we accapt christ as savior and the day after that.

Consider your warning ignored, But if you want to act like were on the same team again my arms are open, Because I believe we can be on the same team compementing each others purpose.

A Scout is Obedient.
DATCMOTO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2010 2:58:28 AM
At 4/15/2010 5:55:47 AM, Marauder wrote:

All I have done is aid you when you are wrong, trying to make it possible for our two ministries, (bringing the word for the first time and maintaining life in it afterward) to not conflict with each other. So that the rest of the world can see the full spectrum of our christian example of life the day we accapt christ as savior and the day after that.

Consider your warning ignored, But if you want to act like were on the same team again my arms are open, Because I believe we can be on the same team compementing each others purpose.

It was you who started acting like we are not on the same team..
Read the book of John and notice all the times He speaks about light, then I'll teach you what I mean by walking in the light.
The Cross.. the Cross.
Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2010 6:18:09 AM
At 4/20/2010 2:58:28 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:

Read the book of John and notice all the times He speaks about light, then I'll teach you what I mean by walking in the light.

That has absolutely nothing to do with telling people to forget the church!

Scripture is clear in how it outlines for the body of christ to congregate together; 2000 years of Tradition backs up that congregating and being a part of the church is an important thing to include in your walk with christ; Experince from us the matured christians comfirms that it is being in that church worshiping and fellowshipping that keeps us close to god, or better phrased keeps god in our life; and then theres the Reasoning staying amoung other christians that are going through the same problems you are, some mabye allready gone through them and have handled them well can only be in your spiritual best intrest.

Thats all four sources for the theology we teach; Scripture, Tradition, Experience, Reasoning. its called the weasly quadrilateral if you feel like looking it up and its something I am very proud has been establishe as doctrine for my church; the United Methodist.

people should go to church; they should become part of it. period.

A Scout is Obedient.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2010 7:16:13 AM
This tribalistic dick waving between random preachers is almost certain to turn me towards Christ.
Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2010 7:28:26 AM
At 4/20/2010 7:16:13 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
This tribalistic dick waving between random preachers is almost certain to turn me towards Christ.

conflict exist hear on earth inspite of Christ teachings. we can try resolving our conflicts through debate and be done with them or ignore them and let them fester on. I cant elliminate conflicts existance to make you turn to Christ, youll just need to get over the fact that we can find things to argue on if your to turn to Christ.

A Scout is Obedient.
DATCMOTO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2010 10:24:35 AM
At 4/20/2010 6:18:09 AM, Marauder wrote:

Scripture is clear in how it outlines for the body of christ to congregate together; 2000 years of Tradition backs up that congregating and being a part of the church is an important thing to include in your walk with christ; Experince from us the matured christians comfirms that it is being in that church worshiping and fellowshipping that keeps us close to god, or better phrased keeps god in our life; and then theres the Reasoning staying amoung other christians that are going through the same problems you are, some mabye allready gone through them and have handled them well can only be in your spiritual best intrest.

Thats all four sources for the theology we teach; Scripture, Tradition, Experience, Reasoning. its called the weasly quadrilateral if you feel like looking it up and its something I am very proud has been establishe as doctrine for my church; the United Methodist.

But it's not what we begin with; we begin with Christ crucified.
as I've said, I'll say what I want when I want to whom I want.
The Cross.. the Cross.
Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2010 10:58:18 AM
At 4/26/2010 10:24:35 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 4/20/2010 6:18:09 AM, Marauder wrote:

No, this conversation began with you saying 'forget the pope and forget the church'
why dont you defend that view instead of just accusing me of being unbrotherly mean to you?

A Scout is Obedient.
DATCMOTO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2010 3:05:16 AM
At 4/26/2010 10:58:18 AM, Marauder wrote:

No, this conversation began with you saying 'forget the pope and forget the church'
why dont you defend that view instead of just accusing me of being unbrotherly mean to you?

I just have defended that view: when talking to the unsaved we MUST begin with Jesus Christ crucified.. the GOOD NEWS!
What I will not do is dignify your lengthy diatribes because they serve only to glorify yourself:

John 7:18
He who speaks on his own does so to gain honor for himself, but he who works for the honor of the one who sent him is a man of truth; there is nothing false about him.

A day is coming when all motives etc will be revealed.
The Cross.. the Cross.
Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2010 5:25:18 AM
At 4/27/2010 3:05:16 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:

I just have defended that view: when talking to the unsaved we MUST begin with Jesus Christ crucified.. the GOOD NEWS!
while you make your weak attempts at doing that you set up so that what they must learn later on will fail. Its one thing to start with the good news of christ but quite another to blatently attack his holy church while doing so.
What I will not do is dignify your lengthy diatribes because they serve only to glorify yourself:
I have been defending the christ church while you have been attacking it. because I defend it you attack me as well and I offer a defense incase your just confused. But I shall ignore your attacks on me now since responding to all the things you say distract you from the point concerning the church.

He who speaks on his own does so to gain honor for himself, but he who works for the honor of the one who sent him is a man of truth; there is nothing false about him.

Mabye on that day you will understand how you have been hurting new christians ability to later on seek after Sanctification.

A Scout is Obedient.
DATCMOTO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2010 8:43:40 AM
At 4/27/2010 5:25:18 AM, Marauder wrote:

while you make your weak attempts at doing that you set up so that what they must learn later on will fail. Its one thing to start with the good news of christ but quite another to blatently attack his holy church while doing so.
Not attacking, simply demoting it to it's rightful place; that of a bride..
I have been defending the christ church while you have been attacking it. because I defend it you attack me as well and I offer a defense incase your just confused. But I shall ignore your attacks on me now since responding to all the things you say distract you from the point concerning the church.
You do that, and I shall keep my eyes firmly fixed on Jesus!

Mabye on that day you will understand how you have been hurting new christians ability to later on seek after Sanctification.

Maybe.. but I doubt it.

Let's continue this by private messaging.
The Cross.. the Cross.
Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2010 9:50:32 AM
At 5/4/2010 8:43:40 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 4/27/2010 5:25:18 AM, Marauder wrote:

Not attacking, simply demoting it to it's rightful place; that of a bride..
You do that, and I shall keep my eyes firmly fixed on Jesus!

Maybe.. but I doubt it.

Message me anytime you want but I really dont care who reads the truth I have to give.

A Scout is Obedient.
DATCMOTO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2010 3:54:13 AM
At 5/4/2010 9:50:32 AM, Marauder wrote:

Message me anytime you want but I really dont care who reads the truth I have to give.

But I care about everyone seeing us squabble like unruly children.. and so should you.
The Cross.. the Cross.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2010 6:03:13 AM
At 5/5/2010 3:54:13 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:

But I care about everyone seeing us squabble like unruly children.. and so should you.

Too late, the both of you have displayed disgusting conduct. You have defamed your own faith.
Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2010 6:59:40 AM
At 5/5/2010 6:03:13 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:

Too late, the both of you have displayed disgusting conduct. You have defamed your own faith.

Shut up Pedo.

A Scout is Obedient.
Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2010 7:18:07 AM

The only thing unrulely done so far has been by you, accusing me of having alterior motives with a supierority complex. It twas uncalled for and rather assuming. You could have just posted your thoughts on what the man in the video is preaching, and thus there be no squabling, but you chose otherwise.

you stop the 'squabling' now if you want and just tell me what you think of the message of the man in the video. Are there fundemental flaws to the way he preaches in its consistancy with our beliefs? Does a sinner need to repent to be saved? he does not seem to think so. Is it a valid practice for Kirk Cameron and Ray Comfert to use the Ten Commandments 'like a mirror' to show people there sinners when witnessing?, because the message of the baptist preacher in the video claims otherwise. Do you agree with him or do you agree with Kirk Cameron?

Or do you think the preacher in the video would actually agree with what Kirk Cameron if he had ever actully watched 'the way of the masters' for himself rather than judge whats on the show from secondhand knowledge?

Is he right that its too extream to tell people there guilty of the 2nd commandment if they 'have idols in there life' and that your only gulty of breaking that commandment if you carve something out of stone or wood and worship it? is he right to say its too extream to say one is guilty of murder if you only 'hate your brother'? Is it too extream to tell a seeker that they are guilty of adultery if they have 'looked apon another with lust'?

There is no childish 'squabling' if you just state your take on the video. Intelectuall discussion about something in disagreement does not make it by defalt childish squalbing, if it did then your on the wrong website; Debate.org.

Incedently the reason I dont care about who reads an argument between christians is because it is often reported that many start going to church and believe but then they start to learn of the argueing in it. they entered under the false presumption that we have nothing to argue about. So there going to face that fact at some point and I think it would be less devestating to their faith if they learn of that squabling strait from the get go. That way they dont feel weve been hideing anything when they enter the church and discover it there for themselves.

A Scout is Obedient.
DATCMOTO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2010 6:48:42 AM
At 5/5/2010 6:03:13 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:

" Walk in the light while you have it.. before DARKNESS overtakes you. "
The Cross.. the Cross.