Jump to topic:

Judaism-different sects?

InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2010 12:02:51 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
Ok, so I was browsing through different things on this site and I noticed that there's three different sects of Judaism listed. I'm no expert on the religion so can somebody please explain to me the differences between conservative, reform, and orthodox Judaism?
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2010 3:32:48 AM
Wikipedia.. okay not the most reliable source, gives the impression that this is religious fraud.

http://en.wikipedia.org...
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
Zetsubou
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2010 3:33:56 AM
Conservative(Masorti) Judaism
Surprisingly, not Conservative at all, but they at least adhere to the torah. These are the intellectist Jews, The result of the Jewish enlightenment. Evolutions and Geneticists live here.

Reform Judaism
Stpid lib Jew...! Reformists are Secular Jews that ignore most of the Torah. Pro-Homo, Pro-Pre marital sex, Eat Pork ect. Disgrace to the Jewish name.

Orthodox Judaism
Traditional Jew hat Jew. They celebrate all Jewish Celebrations they almost always fast, Jew Hats, Jew Haircuts, Jew Rabbis. They have VERY tight communities. Comes in Haredi, Hasidic, Modern forms.

Also see Reconstructionist, Renewal, Humanistic, Rabbinic, Karaite, Samaritan Jews

INH, Do you like ever sleep?
'sup DDO -- july 2013
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2010 12:17:44 PM
At 3/28/2010 3:33:56 AM, Zetsubou wrote:
Conservative(Masorti) Judaism
Surprisingly, not Conservative at all, but they at least adhere to the torah. These are the intellectist Jews, The result of the Jewish enlightenment. Evolutions and Geneticists live here.

Reform Judaism
Stpid lib Jew...! Reformists are Secular Jews that ignore most of the Torah. Pro-Homo, Pro-Pre marital sex, Eat Pork ect. Disgrace to the Jewish name.

Orthodox Judaism
Traditional Jew hat Jew. They celebrate all Jewish Celebrations they almost always fast, Jew Hats, Jew Haircuts, Jew Rabbis. They have VERY tight communities. Comes in Haredi, Hasidic, Modern forms.

Also see Reconstructionist, Renewal, Humanistic, Rabbinic, Karaite, Samaritan Jews

INH, Do you like ever sleep?

Lol, not alot. I'm struggling with insomnia.
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2010 12:23:33 PM
At 3/28/2010 12:17:44 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:

Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2010 2:21:37 AM

That rather sucks.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2010 8:56:07 AM
At 3/29/2010 2:21:37 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:

That rather sucks.

Yea it really does. Or maybe it's not insomnia, I don't know. Anyway, I'm always exhausted during the day, but feel like wide awake at night. xD
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2010 9:14:11 AM
What I would do, though admitting I've never had the problem, is to stay awake for as long as you can, until you are utterly exhausted and then go to bed normally at night. You know pull a 36, or 48 hour stint without trying to sleep? That should reset your body clock if that is the problem.

Obviously you have cut out all the caffeine and excess sugar and all that right?
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2010 9:18:33 AM
At 3/29/2010 9:14:11 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
What I would do, though admitting I've never had the problem, is to stay awake for as long as you can, until you are utterly exhausted and then go to bed normally at night. You know pull a 36, or 48 hour stint without trying to sleep? That should reset your body clock if that is the problem.

No. Excersize.. Wear yourself out. Try to do it regularly.

---> no more insomnia/depression
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2010 1:38:13 PM
At 3/29/2010 9:14:11 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:

Obviously you have cut out all the caffeine and excess sugar and all that right?

I don't really have much caffeine to begin with, but the sugar could use some cutting down, lol.