Jump to topic:

Mayans Did NOT Predict Doomsday

GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2010 10:10:16 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Just thought I'd make this clear. It is one of the prevailing yet frustrating myths of this decade. The Mayans said that it was a day of CELEBRATION. Not doomsday. All these idiots including the media keep pushing this absurd disinformation that the Mayans predicted the end of the world. NO!

They calculated the end of a cycle and the beginning of a new. Whether you believe doomsday or not, don't bring the Mayans into it. They have nothing to do with doomsday crap. Even contemporary Mayans themselves have had to clear this up themselves.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2010 2:19:05 AM
Wow... instead of going for the trendy new age truth you have gone with the facts.

Apart from one thing is that the date was not for celebration, it was most likely for mass panic and vast sacrifices... but you are right in saying that it was not the end of the world, it was the end of a world... or rather the end of an era.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2010 2:43:13 AM
At 3/29/2010 2:40:56 AM, Puck wrote:
Covered that in highschool. :P

Covered what? I never got to learn about the Mayans in High School, that's not standard curriculum is it?
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat