Total Posts:20|Showing Posts:1-20
Jump to topic:

Award for Catholic Church

brittwaller
Posts: 331
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2010 5:49:27 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
Looking at the history of the Church, this has to be the *worst* institution man has ever created. Can any other institution claim a past as long as the church, or is any other filled with as many abuses on so many levels and in so many areas? I could not think of any off the top of my head. From pogroms of pagans and Jews, to the inquisition, to the horror of the crusades, to the sexual abuse and cover-up in our own day (and I imagine for the rest of the church's history as well) is there any other institution that can hold a candle to the Church?
Don't I take care of them all?
vivalayeo
Posts: 142
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2010 7:44:34 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
Well if we look at the rise of extremism in the last century, I would say, some other institutions that, if had been allowed to stand the test of time would have be revered as far worse. However, yes its disgusting how much flexibility a respect can ordane from simply being a religious institution.
brittwaller
Posts: 331
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2010 8:20:20 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 3/30/2010 5:55:59 AM, Puck wrote:
You do realise you just invited Geo to rant about conspiracies, right? :P

I thought that came free with any thread? :)
Don't I take care of them all?
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2010 11:21:58 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
This basically proves what Leo Zagami was saying all along. Zagami had inside access to the Illuminati Vatican and exposed Ratzinger years ago as a gay black magician.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Reasoning
Posts: 4,456
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2010 11:43:56 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 3/30/2010 5:49:27 AM, brittwaller wrote:
Looking at the history of the Church, this has to be the *worst* institution man has ever created. Can any other institution claim a past as long as the church, or is any other filled with as many abuses on so many levels and in so many areas? I could not think of any off the top of my head. From pogroms of pagans and Jews, to the inquisition, to the horror of the crusades, to the sexual abuse and cover-up in our own day (and I imagine for the rest of the church's history as well) is there any other institution that can hold a candle to the Church?

The Catholic Church built western civilization.
"What we really ought to ask the liberal, before we even begin addressing his agenda, is this: In what kind of society would he be a conservative?" - Joseph Sobran
vivalayeo
Posts: 142
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2010 12:13:45 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 3/30/2010 11:43:56 AM, Reasoning wrote:
At 3/30/2010 5:49:27 AM, brittwaller wrote:
Looking at the history of the Church, this has to be the *worst* institution man has ever created. Can any other institution claim a past as long as the church, or is any other filled with as many abuses on so many levels and in so many areas? I could not think of any off the top of my head. From pogroms of pagans and Jews, to the inquisition, to the horror of the crusades, to the sexual abuse and cover-up in our own day (and I imagine for the rest of the church's history as well) is there any other institution that can hold a candle to the Church?



The Catholic Church built western civilization.

The catholic church may have been a major factor in how the west developed. However that doesn't justify what they did in the name of God. You could also easily turn round and say

'Well, the west wouldn't be the same today, without the catholic churches influence'

Yeah, we could argue from that perspective and say, look at what might have happened if the Catholic church had not brought about the Crusades, the Inquisition, the genocide of the New World. All the countless millions that have died due to the Churches preaching on the hatred of the Jews. Look at all the lives stumped by their teachings, look at how they stood against scientific and cultural advances.

The printing press was condemned as evil.
John Wycliffe the first person to translate the bible into was executed by the Church.
How Galileo was tried and housebound because of his ideas?

Where would we be now without the Church? My guess is a lot better off.
Xer
Posts: 7,776
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2010 1:32:03 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 3/30/2010 11:21:58 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
This basically proves what Leo Zagami was saying all along. Zagami had inside access to the Illuminati Vatican and exposed Ratzinger years ago as a gay black magician.

o_O
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2010 1:37:07 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 3/30/2010 1:32:03 PM, Nags wrote:
At 3/30/2010 11:21:58 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
This basically proves what Leo Zagami was saying all along. Zagami had inside access to the Illuminati Vatican and exposed Ratzinger years ago as a gay black magician.

o_O

I was referring to the fact that Pope Ratzinger has been involved gay pedophilia cover ups.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
mattrodstrom
Posts: 12,028
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2010 1:38:57 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 3/30/2010 1:37:07 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 3/30/2010 1:32:03 PM, Nags wrote:
At 3/30/2010 11:21:58 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
This basically proves what Leo Zagami was saying all along. Zagami had inside access to the Illuminati Vatican and exposed Ratzinger years ago as a gay black magician.

o_O

I was referring to the fact that Pope Ratzinger has been involved gay pedophilia cover ups.

"Illuminati Gay black magician" means a cover-upper for pedo's.
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2010 1:51:20 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 3/30/2010 1:38:57 PM, mattrodstrom wrote:
At 3/30/2010 1:37:07 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 3/30/2010 1:32:03 PM, Nags wrote:
At 3/30/2010 11:21:58 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
This basically proves what Leo Zagami was saying all along. Zagami had inside access to the Illuminati Vatican and exposed Ratzinger years ago as a gay black magician.

o_O

I was referring to the fact that Pope Ratzinger has been involved gay pedophilia cover ups.

"Illuminati Gay black magician" means a cover-upper for pedo's.

I LAUGHED SO HARD WHEN I SAW THAT!
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
Zetsubou
Posts: 4,933
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2010 2:01:30 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 3/30/2010 12:13:45 PM, vivalayeo wrote:
At 3/30/2010 11:43:56 AM, Reasoning wrote:



The Catholic Church built western civilization.

The catholic church may have been a major factor in how the west developed. However that doesn't justify what they did in the name of God. You could also easily turn round and say

'Well, the west wouldn't be the same today, without the catholic churches influence'

Yeah, we could argue from that perspective and say, look at what might have happened if the Catholic church had not brought about the Crusades, the Inquisition, the genocide of the New World. All the countless millions that have died due to the Churches preaching on the hatred of the Jews. Look at all the lives stumped by their teachings, look at how they stood against scientific and cultural advances.

The printing press was condemned as evil.
John Wycliffe the first person to translate the bible into was executed by the Church.
How Galileo was tried and housebound because of his ideas?

Where would we be now without the Church? My guess is a lot better off.

No,

The Befits outnumber to drawbacks by a long shot. The Catholic and Western Orthodox form of Religion shape the very nature of the western World. The Catholic church created the concept of chirstdom and the dvine right of kings. This created the Lands that is Europe, the Holy Roman Empire, Franca, Italia states Gothia ect. You see Christianity united people as a Nation, Unity leads to institutionism, institutionism to fast clear advancement. It changed the Gaulic Post RomanTribes of Europe to type II Feudal Societies; this was the First Social revolution. Also well as this it created Globalization of Christendom, the first intercontinental world maps(Horrible ones) where created by French Monks(Islamic ones are better but still). For the first time people know each other from far lands. Europe was heart of the world this is when Europe got is Major lead over the world, China and Khanates. This would not be possible without the unity of Catholicism and Christendom.

Catholicism created the way of the individual (the afterlife concepts), this was a radical change is human thinking, exasperation of art and culture, never seen before. Of course this came with it's dark sides mistrusts and century long wars.

The Lead Christendom gave Europe lead to America, the New world genocides[Good thing for you New world murderous ; ) ] , resasonts and ultimately enlightenment.

Also - the Christian dark ages are a myth. Society has to evolve and find a way of unity without a common love. Without religion or an ideology(rare at the time) this would take another 3,000 years.(see Mesopotamia)
'sup DDO -- july 2013
Kinesis
Posts: 3,667
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2010 2:14:22 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 3/30/2010 11:21:58 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
This basically proves what Leo Zagami was saying all along. Zagami had inside access to the Illuminati Vatican and exposed Ratzinger years ago as a gay black magician.

A what?
Zetsubou
Posts: 4,933
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2010 2:20:02 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 3/30/2010 2:14:22 PM, Kinesis wrote:
At 3/30/2010 11:21:58 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
This basically proves what Leo Zagami was saying all along. Zagami had inside access to the Illuminati Vatican and exposed Ratzinger years ago as a gay black magician.

A what?

Answer:

I was referring to the fact that Pope Ratzinger has been involved gay pedophilia cover ups.

Kinda like thelema, free mason, sex orgies... just more Christian.
'sup DDO -- july 2013
brittwaller
Posts: 331
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2010 2:35:07 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 3/30/2010 2:01:30 PM, Zetsubou wrote:
At 3/30/2010 12:13:45 PM, vivalayeo wrote:
At 3/30/2010 11:43:56 AM, Reasoning wrote:



The Catholic Church built western civilization.

The catholic church may have been a major factor in how the west developed. However that doesn't justify what they did in the name of God. You could also easily turn round and say

'Well, the west wouldn't be the same today, without the catholic churches influence'

Yeah, we could argue from that perspective and say, look at what might have happened if the Catholic church had not brought about the Crusades, the Inquisition, the genocide of the New World. All the countless millions that have died due to the Churches preaching on the hatred of the Jews. Look at all the lives stumped by their teachings, look at how they stood against scientific and cultural advances.

The printing press was condemned as evil.
John Wycliffe the first person to translate the bible into was executed by the Church.
How Galileo was tried and housebound because of his ideas?

Where would we be now without the Church? My guess is a lot better off.

No,

The Befits outnumber to drawbacks by a long shot. The Catholic and Western Orthodox form of Religion shape the very nature of the western World. The Catholic church created the concept of chirstdom and the dvine right of kings. This created the Lands that is Europe, the Holy Roman Empire, Franca, Italia states Gothia ect. You see Christianity united people as a Nation, Unity leads to institutionism, institutionism to fast clear advancement. It changed the Gaulic Post RomanTribes of Europe to type II Feudal Societies; this was the First Social revolution. Also well as this it created Globalization of Christendom, the first intercontinental world maps(Horrible ones) where created by French Monks(Islamic ones are better but still). For the first time people know each other from far lands. Europe was heart of the world this is when Europe got is Major lead over the world, China and Khanates. This would not be possible without the unity of Catholicism and Christendom.

Catholicism created the way of the individual (the afterlife concepts), this was a radical change is human thinking, exasperation of art and culture, never seen before. Of course this came with it's dark sides mistrusts and century long wars.

The Lead Christendom gave Europe lead to America, the New world genocides[Good thing for you New world murderous ; ) ] , resasonts and ultimately enlightenment.

Also - the Christian dark ages are a myth. Society has to evolve and find a way of unity without a common love. Without religion or an ideology(rare at the time) this would take another 3,000 years.(see Mesopotamia)

Two things:

Is English your first language?

What the hell are you talking about?
Don't I take care of them all?
Zetsubou
Posts: 4,933
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2010 2:45:27 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 3/30/2010 2:35:07 PM, brittwaller wrote:
At 3/30/2010 2:01:30 PM, Zetsubou wrote:
At 3/30/2010 12:13:45 PM, vivalayeo wrote:
At 3/30/2010 11:43:56 AM, Reasoning wrote:



The Catholic Church built western civilization.

The catholic church may have been a major factor in how the west developed. However that doesn't justify what they did in the name of God. You could also easily turn round and say

'Well, the west wouldn't be the same today, without the catholic churches influence'

Yeah, we could argue from that perspective and say, look at what might have happened if the Catholic church had not brought about the Crusades, the Inquisition, the genocide of the New World. All the countless millions that have died due to the Churches preaching on the hatred of the Jews. Look at all the lives stumped by their teachings, look at how they stood against scientific and cultural advances.

The printing press was condemned as evil.
John Wycliffe the first person to translate the bible into was executed by the Church.
How Galileo was tried and housebound because of his ideas?

Where would we be now without the Church? My guess is a lot better off.

No,

The Befits outnumber to drawbacks by a long shot. The Catholic and Western Orthodox form of Religion shape the very nature of the western World. The Catholic church created the concept of chirstdom and the dvine right of kings. This created the Lands that is Europe, the Holy Roman Empire, Franca, Italia states Gothia ect. You see Christianity united people as a Nation, Unity leads to institutionism, institutionism to fast clear advancement. It changed the Gaulic Post RomanTribes of Europe to type II Feudal Societies; this was the First Social revolution. Also well as this it created Globalization of Christendom, the first intercontinental world maps(Horrible ones) where created by French Monks(Islamic ones are better but still). For the first time people know each other from far lands. Europe was heart of the world this is when Europe got is Major lead over the world, China and Khanates. This would not be possible without the unity of Catholicism and Christendom.

Catholicism created the way of the individual (the afterlife concepts), this was a radical change is human thinking, exasperation of art and culture, never seen before. Of course this came with it's dark sides mistrusts and century long wars.

The Lead Christendom gave Europe lead to America, the New world genocides[Good thing for you New world murderous ; ) ] , resasonts and ultimately enlightenment.

Also - the Christian dark ages are a myth. Society has to evolve and find a way of unity without a common love. Without religion or an ideology(rare at the time) this would take another 3,000 years.(see Mesopotamia)

Two things:

Is English your first language?

What the hell are you talking about?

3rd Language... I think it's my second now... meh...

I've been speaking english for 8 years... (6/14)

Yeah, I have a stupid tendency not to read over what I right...

How bad is it?
'sup DDO -- july 2013
Zetsubou
Posts: 4,933
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2010 2:47:08 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 3/30/2010 2:45:27 PM, Zetsubou wrote:

3rd Language... I think it's my second now... meh...

I've been speaking english for 8 years... (6/14)

Yeah, I have a stupid tendency not to read over what I write...

How bad is it?

I think it's good enough for you to get the message... I think
'sup DDO -- july 2013
brittwaller
Posts: 331
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2010 3:03:09 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 3/30/2010 2:47:08 PM, Zetsubou wrote:
At 3/30/2010 2:45:27 PM, Zetsubou wrote:

3rd Language... I think it's my second now... meh...

I've been speaking english for 8 years... (6/14)

Yeah, I have a stupid tendency not to read over what I write...

How bad is it?

I think it's good enough for you to get the message... I think

Yes I got the overall message. For any subtlety to show you may want to proofread though.
Don't I take care of them all?
Zetsubou
Posts: 4,933
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2010 2:49:42 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 3/30/2010 3:03:09 PM, brittwaller wrote:
At 3/30/2010 2:47:08 PM, Zetsubou wrote:
At 3/30/2010 2:45:27 PM, Zetsubou wrote:

3rd Language... I think it's my second now... meh...

I've been speaking english for 8 years... (6/14)

Yeah, I have a stupid tendency not to read over what I write...

How bad is it?

I think it's good enough for you to get the message... I think

Yes I got the overall message. For any subtlety to show you may want to proofread though.

I was in a rush.
'sup DDO -- july 2013