Jump to topic:

The Real Face of Jesus Revealed!

GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2010 6:46:08 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
A 3D image based on the Shroud of Turin has been rendered for the first time.

I'm skeptical of the Shroud's validity, but interesting nonetheless.

The problem is that they rendered his skin color white. Jesus was NOT white. Show me one man born in the Middle East who was born with white skin.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2010 6:51:05 PM
At 3/31/2010 6:49:59 PM, Koopin wrote:
Lol at white Jesus, it is obvious that he was black.

Jk...

No, he was definitely arab. :P Muslims said so. lol jk.
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2010 6:51:18 PM
At 3/31/2010 6:47:13 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
Maybe jesus was arab? No, I doubt that. He was jewish.

Jews are Arabs, more or less. But to note, Hebrew and other Israelite languages are all Semetic, as is Arabic. It's not a hard stretch to say they're apart of the same ethnic umbrella.
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2010 6:52:06 PM
At 3/31/2010 6:51:18 PM, Volkov wrote:

Jews are Arabs, more or less. But to note, Hebrew and other Israelite languages are all Semetic, as is Arabic. It's not a hard stretch to say they're apart of the same ethnic umbrella.

But jews are white. :s
popculturepooka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2010 6:53:29 PM
At 3/31/2010 6:52:06 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:

Jews back then by and large didn't look white.
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2010 6:54:30 PM
At 3/31/2010 6:53:29 PM, popculturepooka wrote:

Jews back then by and large didn't look white.

Must just be the European Jews I'm thinking of then.
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2010 6:55:50 PM

Israelites probably share much more in common with Arabs than European Caucasians. Skin colour could be the result of years of breeding with Caucasian Europe.

Jews come in all colours. Israelites, the ethnicity, are Semetic, and probably close to Arabs.
Koopin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2010 6:56:46 PM
At 3/31/2010 6:54:30 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:

Must just be the European Jews I'm thinking of then.

Nah, sounds like the Eskimo Jews to me.
kfc
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2010 6:58:58 PM
At 3/31/2010 6:55:50 PM, Volkov wrote:

Israelites probably share much more in common with Arabs than European Caucasians. Skin colour could be the result of years of breeding with Caucasian Europe.

Jews come in all colours. Israelites, the ethnicity, are Semetic, and probably close to Arabs.

Well yea, considering Arabic and Hebrew are directly related languages it makes perfect sense. Shalom Aleichem=Assalamu Alaikum. Seems pretty similar to me.
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2010 1:31:01 AM
At 4/1/2010 1:25:16 AM, Puck wrote:
Erm they did analysis of the cloth. It's a forged artifact from the medieval period.

Great! More evidence that Jesus didn't exist. :P

However, what possible analysis of a cloth could lead to the conclusion that it is forged? Carbon dating / radiometric dating didn't match the alleged time period?
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Puck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2010 1:33:15 AM
3 separate labs all did a test that came to around circa 1260-1390 for the material. Catholic church had observers at all 3 if I recall correctly.

And no it's not disproof of Jesus, as a single shroud doesn't fit the story too well.
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2010 1:40:47 AM
At 4/1/2010 1:33:15 AM, Puck wrote:
3 separate labs all did a test that came to around circa 1260-1390 for the material. Catholic church had observers at all 3 if I recall correctly.

Then why isn't it regarded as officially debunked by everyone then?

And no it's not disproof of Jesus, as a single shroud doesn't fit the story too well.

I know. I said it was evidence of his non-existence. Why? Because dismantled evidence for a claim, is evidence against the claim.
-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2010 1:44:46 AM
At 4/1/2010 1:34:28 AM, Puck wrote:
In more interesting news though:

http://epiphenom.fieldofscience.com...

Yeah, I agree with that. I was very psychologically impaired while being a Christian. I had a fear of God and a fear of Hell that kept me in an unhealthy psychological state.

I find it outrageous that the term "God-fearing person" is considered a positive statement about someone.
-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat
Puck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2010 1:49:59 AM
At 4/1/2010 1:40:47 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

Why do people not want to believe empiricism for many things? Religious belief has primacy. Plus icon worship is a fairly rooted concept in catholic history and practice. Just look at the word relic. :P

I know. I said it was evidence of his non-existence. Why? Because dismantled evidence for a claim, is evidence against the claim.

Eh, inferential error. I say elephants exist - a claim on this is I state they exist in Japan. You spend a great many years in Japan, traveling the countryside. No elephants!

To infer then that there are no elephants, is an inferential error as there are possibilities (evidence) that can exist outside and not contingent on my claim that they exist in Japan.
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2010 1:56:54 AM
At 4/1/2010 1:49:59 AM, Puck wrote:
At 4/1/2010 1:40:47 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

Why do people not want to believe empiricism for many things? Religious belief has primacy. Plus icon worship is a fairly rooted concept in catholic history and practice. Just look at the word relic. :P

Despite the irrationality of the religious, you would think that most would accept scientific fact. Also, why didn't it make the major news that it was officially debunked?

Eh, inferential error. I say elephants exist - a claim on this is I state they exist in Japan. You spend a great many years in Japan, traveling the countryside. No elephants!

To infer then that there are no elephants, is an inferential error as there are possibilities (evidence) that can exist outside and not contingent on my claim that they exist in Japan.

You're right. I used poor wording.

I meant to say that dismantled evidence of a claim certainly is a blow against it. If it is widely believed that a piece of evidence validates a claim, then dismantled evidence could be seen as contrary evidence to the widely believed claim.
-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat
Puck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2010 2:04:36 AM
At 4/1/2010 1:56:54 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

Despite the irrationality of the religious, you would think that most would accept scientific fact. Also, why didn't it make the major news that it was officially debunked?

How many Catholics do you know swear by it? Not many that I know, mainly the entrenched elderly who don't really care about empirical evidence in everyday matters anyway. It did make the news, at least in archaeological circles :P

We don't get a news break every time no one gets a miracle granted at Lourdes, either. :P

I meant to say that dismantled evidence of a claim certainly is a blow against it. If it is widely believed that a piece of evidence validates a claim, then dismantled evidence could be seen as contrary evidence to the widely believed claim.

Sure, not entirely sure how many pin their faith on a piece of cloth they will never see or touch though. :P
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2010 2:23:49 AM
At 4/1/2010 2:04:36 AM, Puck wrote:
At 4/1/2010 1:56:54 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

How many Catholics do you know swear by it? Not many that I know, mainly the entrenched elderly who don't really care about empirical evidence in everyday matters anyway. It did make the news, at least in archaeological circles :P

Ahh, I see. I thought it was widely held by the religious that the Shroud is authentic.

We don't get a news break every time no one gets a miracle granted at Lourdes, either. :P

Hahaa.

Sure, not entirely sure how many pin their faith on a piece of cloth they will never see or touch though. :P

Well, yes. But even though it may not apply to the Shroud, it applies in general
-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat
popculturepooka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2010 2:28:58 AM
At 4/1/2010 2:23:49 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

Ahh, I see. I thought it was widely held by the religious that the Shroud is authentic.

ahahahahahhaahah!
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2010 2:39:30 AM
At 4/1/2010 2:28:58 AM, popculturepooka wrote:
At 4/1/2010 2:23:49 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

ahahahahahhaahah!

You laugh at that statement which was made by me, but a rock would never make such an absurd claim.
-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2010 3:41:08 AM
Erm they did analysis of the cloth. It's a forged artifact from the medieval period.

The guy who realised that later determind that they had merely analysed a section from a medieval repair... and decided that the shroud may in fact have been genuine.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
banker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2010 4:11:27 AM
Insert thanks for your humor saying jesus was arab..!

Arabs have been as asian as others but turned dark..!!
Arabs mixed with their trading partners mostly blacks..!!
Egieptions and real palastinians where black
the most important source for muslim Arabs:

"And thereafter We [Allah] said to the Children of Israel: 'Dwell securely in the Promised Land. And when the last warning will come to pass, we will gather you together in a mingled crowd'.".

- Qur'an 17:104 -

Any sincere muslim must recognize the Land they call "Palestine" as the Jewish Homeland, according to the book considered by muslims to be the most sacred word and Allah's ultimate revelation.

Ibn Khaldun, one of the most creditable
Puck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2010 4:19:03 AM
At 4/1/2010 3:41:08 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:

The guy who realised that later determind that they had merely analysed a section from a medieval repair... and decided that the shroud may in fact have been genuine.

Three separate pieces to 3 separate labs for the dating. The 'blood' is tempera paint, consistent with the medieval dating period.
brian_eggleston
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2010 7:09:36 AM
At 4/1/2010 4:11:27 AM, banker wrote:

Actually Hebrew Jews and Arabs are part of exactly the same race - the Semites.

Don't forget the Jews origins are in modern-day Iraq.
Visit the burglars' bulletin board: http://www.break-in-news.com...
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2010 7:44:19 AM

Erm no, for most of their history they would not been in contact with blacks.

Again no... they were not. We can see from what they left behind that they were not.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
collegekitchen8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2010 11:32:50 AM

I have a friend from israel, he's not white, he's tan
: At 3/30/2010 12:57:51 PM, mattrodstrom wrote:
: The universe is simple, It all makes sense given laws like gravity and stuff.
Zetsubou
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2010 4:33:37 PM
At 4/1/2010 7:44:19 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:

Erm no, for most of their history they would not been in contact with blacks.

What? Arabs have been enslaving blacks for Millennia.

Again no... they were not. We can see from what they left behind that they were not.

http://en.wikipedia.org...
'sup DDO -- july 2013