Jump to topic:

Is Lucifer the same entity as Satan?

Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2014 2:55:50 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Lucifer is NOT Satan in Judaism according to a conversation I had with a Zionist yesterday, Satan is the Accuser, Lucifer is the first created of the Arch Angels so to speak. Lucifer means Light bearer, or light bringer.

So I ask to those more knowledgeable than myself in this field, is lucifer the same being/entity as satan?
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
frbnsn
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2014 3:22:19 AM
As far as I know, Lucifer has three meanings: Satan, Planet Venus and Morning star.
I think, it is a myth that it was the arch angel.
I have also it is the arch angel, but there is no sound evidence.
LogicalLunatic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2014 12:19:33 PM
At 9/28/2014 2:55:50 AM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:
Lucifer is NOT Satan in Judaism according to a conversation I had with a Zionist yesterday, Satan is the Accuser, Lucifer is the first created of the Arch Angels so to speak. Lucifer means Light bearer, or light bringer.

So I ask to those more knowledgeable than myself in this field, is lucifer the same being/entity as satan?

Lucifer means "Light Bearer". That was Satan's name when he was a servant in the presence of God. He was very wise and he was probably quite majestic looking. In fact, I suspect that of all beings below God, Lucifer was the greatest.
Because of this high position, Lucifer grew so prideful that he believed himself to be greater than God, or at least more worthy of godhood than God is.
So, he incited 1/3 of the angels of Heaven to join him in his rebellion against God. Of course, they did not succeed and they were exiled from Heaven, I think.
However, Lucifer still has access to the presence of God, where he accuses human beings, believers, of not deserving being saved. What he basically tells God is "Look at that guy mess up! Why the *expletive* did you save him?! He's not worthy! Send him to Hell and throw away the key!"
In his role as the accuser, he is known as Satan, which he is most commonly called in the Bible.
A True Work of Art: http://www.debate.org...

Atheist Logic: http://www.debate.org...

Bulproof formally admits to being a troll (Post 16):
http://www.debate.org...
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2014 1:35:04 AM
At 9/28/2014 12:19:33 PM, LogicalLunatic wrote:

Lucifer means "Light Bearer". That was Satan's name when he was a servant in the presence of God. He was very wise and he was probably quite majestic looking. In fact, I suspect that of all beings below God, Lucifer was the greatest.
Because of this high position, Lucifer grew so prideful that he believed himself to be greater than God, or at least more worthy of godhood than God is.
So, he incited 1/3 of the angels of Heaven to join him in his rebellion against God. Of course, they did not succeed and they were exiled from Heaven, I think.
However, Lucifer still has access to the presence of God, where he accuses human beings, believers, of not deserving being saved. What he basically tells God is "Look at that guy mess up! Why the *expletive* did you save him?! He's not worthy! Send him to Hell and throw away the key!"
In his role as the accuser, he is known as Satan, which he is most commonly called in the Bible.

How many angels are there?
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
12_13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2014 3:44:01 PM
...Lucifer is the first created of the Arch Angels so to

On what basis?

According to the Bible Jesus was the first of all creation.

in whom we have our redemption, the forgiveness of our sins; who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation. For by him were all things created, in the heavens and on the earth, things visible and things invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers; all things have been created through him, and for him.
Colossians 1:14-16
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2014 10:59:06 PM

Lucifer, tree of the knowledge of good and evil, Satan, Devil, Serpent, Wicked One, Flesh of man, False Prophet, Antichrist, Sinner, Liar, Old Covenant, etc. mean the visible world we live in.

Christ, Heavenly Kingdom, Messiah, Voice of the Lord, Zion, Jacob, Son of God, Kingdom of God, Holy Spirit, Kingdom of Jesus Christ, Tree of Life, Book of Life, Breath of Life, Eternal Life, Mind of God, Mind of Christ, etc. all mean God's invisible creation where we all exist within Him.