Total Posts:9|Showing Posts:1-9
Jump to topic:

A question for people of all religions

belle90
Posts: 1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2014 11:19:01 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
My question for people of all different religions is mostly about Satan, and why their God will not take responsibility for his existance.

If you consider for a moment with an open mind, you will see that to accept a devil who operates outside the will of God is to accept a God who isn't omnipotent. Obviously, this can't be. Nothing happens except through the will of God.

I have had answers previously about free will, but that is not my question.
God created all. Everything is in existence because God willed it. Including evil.
Some religions say that Satan created evil, but God created Satan, and for evil to be about, God must have known evil or it would not be here.
And if God knew of evil before creating this world, then is it not evil itself to create a world where he does not have to reside yet allows us, his creation, to live with it and deal with it as some kind of test to 'prove ourselves'.

I have also had people post scriptures as answers. I do not want to try to decipher scriptures, I would love some real life intelligent human perception on this.

How could christ suffer? suffer? Only the weak suffer.

belief will vanish when you sleep. If you believe Christ is God, that belief will vanish when you sleep. When you sleep, you are all atheists. Can't you see how fragile belief will vanish when you sleep.
belief in God is, that something so simple as sleep can wipe it out? But when I am truly found, sleep never steals me away. When I am within a man or a woman, I am there to stay.

I have found that some christians are quite judgemental and angry at me for asking these types of questions. People of religion who have thought deeply about these questions and found their own meaning are the people I would love to hear answers from.

Also I would like to know..All religions claim to be the true one, forsaking all other religions, even those with similar beliefs.
Does ancient history and small details really matter? Why would they not support eachother instead of blasting eachother and insisting theirs is infact the correct version? I see God as a metaphor for good and Satan as a metaphor for evil and as long as religion means practicing good, then why does it matter? Is it to do with financial benefits?
In the name of Christ, I refuse to be anti-gay. I refuse to be anti-feminist. I refuse to be anti-artificial birth control. I refuse to be anti-Democrat. I refuse to be anti-secular humanism. I refuse to be anti-science. I refuse to be anti-life.
frbnsn
Posts: 353
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2014 4:49:26 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
As a muslim, I don't accept Jesus is the god and neither crucified; he is only one of the messengerrs of God. This is an important difference which is a very big sin, because the first principal 'there is no god but Allah' is razed.
The Bible has been written by men, The original was lost, but The Qur'an originally from God and autenthic. this is an important difference more.
I think, as a muslim, the single aim of the religions is not 'advising and practising good'. Yes, it is an aim, but not the first!
The first principal of the religion is that there is no god but Allah, according to Islam.

As for the matter of Satan:
Satan is permitted by God until the doomsday, to deflect people from the right way,
but it is important that Satan is not given power to force men to evil.
It only is able to whispers and gives delusion to men and whether compliance or not depends on men's free will.
In other words, men, himself, is the main factor, not satan!

And besides, I may also think, as you say, there is a possibility of being a metafor.
bulproof
Posts: 25,221
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2014 11:12:32 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
News Flash.
The quran was written by men.

Sorry to have to break it to you, but somebody had to.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
bornofgod
Posts: 11,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2014 11:58:27 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/28/2014 11:19:01 PM, belle90 wrote:
My question for people of all different religions is mostly about Satan, and why their God will not take responsibility for his existance.

If you consider for a moment with an open mind, you will see that to accept a devil who operates outside the will of God is to accept a God who isn't omnipotent. Obviously, this can't be. Nothing happens except through the will of God.

I have had answers previously about free will, but that is not my question.
God created all. Everything is in existence because God willed it. Including evil.
Some religions say that Satan created evil, but God created Satan, and for evil to be about, God must have known evil or it would not be here.
And if God knew of evil before creating this world, then is it not evil itself to create a world where he does not have to reside yet allows us, his creation, to live with it and deal with it as some kind of test to 'prove ourselves'.

I have also had people post scriptures as answers. I do not want to try to decipher scriptures, I would love some real life intelligent human perception on this.

How could christ suffer? suffer? Only the weak suffer.

belief will vanish when you sleep. If you believe Christ is God, that belief will vanish when you sleep. When you sleep, you are all atheists. Can't you see how fragile belief will vanish when you sleep.
belief in God is, that something so simple as sleep can wipe it out? But when I am truly found, sleep never steals me away. When I am within a man or a woman, I am there to stay.

I have found that some christians are quite judgemental and angry at me for asking these types of questions. People of religion who have thought deeply about these questions and found their own meaning are the people I would love to hear answers from.

Also I would like to know..All religions claim to be the true one, forsaking all other religions, even those with similar beliefs.
Does ancient history and small details really matter? Why would they not support eachother instead of blasting eachother and insisting theirs is infact the correct version? I see God as a metaphor for good and Satan as a metaphor for evil and as long as religion means practicing good, then why does it matter? Is it to do with financial benefits?

In the beginning, God created two symbolic trees. One tree was the tree of life. The other tree was the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. Which tree do you think man believed in during this first age?
12_13
Posts: 1,361
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2014 3:35:47 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/28/2014 11:19:01 PM, belle90 wrote:
My question for people of all different religions is mostly about Satan, and why their God will not take responsibility for his existance.

If you consider for a moment with an open mind, you will see that to accept a devil who operates outside the will of God is to accept a God who isn't omnipotent. Obviously, this can't be. Nothing happens except through the will of God.

I have had answers previously about free will, but that is not my question.
God created all. Everything is in existence because God willed it. Including evil.
Some religions say that Satan created evil, but God created Satan, and for evil to be about, God must have known evil or it would not be here.
And if God knew of evil before creating this world, then is it not evil itself to create a world where he does not have to reside yet allows us, his creation, to live with it and deal with it as some kind of test to 'prove ourselves'.

Many wonder can evil or evil spirit come from good God. For example the following makes many wonder.

Now the Spirit of Yahweh departed from Saul, and an evil spirit from Yahweh troubled him.
1 Sam. 16:14

To understand that without contradiction, it is necessary to first know what evil actually means. Evil is really like darkness, lack of light, or like emptiness that is lack of something. Therefore evil is really nothing, because it is lack of good. Evil or bad actions become possible when good and love is rejected. And bad action is really that person doesn"t do right and good. So, when good goes away, evil remains. And when God"s spirit leaves Saul that is same as sending evil spirit, because evil spirit is what comes instead of the good spirit.

All evil in this world is really consequence of that good has been rejected, or good is not present. If people would hold on to good, evil would not have any room anywhere here. Same way as if light is set in room, there is no darkness. When God is rejected, the room for evil is born, because when God is rejected, also God"s will is rejected and his will is that people love others as themselves.

Is God evil or bad, when he allows that he is rejected? After all, nothing evil would exists, if God would be present in all. I think freedom is good. Therefore God is not evil when he allows freedom. However that gives also opportunity for evil, which of course is unpleasant thing in many ways. But people wanted to know good and evil as God knows, so it is good that we can in this world learn what good and evil really means. Also many atheists think this world Godless, because of all evil or suffering in here. So we can quite easily see what Godless means. And it would be good if that understanding would lead person to seek God to get rid of evil.

From Biblical point of view, we have two realities, earthly and spiritual. Luckily nothing of this world can destroy soul or spirit. Therefore I think it is not bad or problem that God allows freedom. Body can suffer in many ways and experience evil, but soul is in safe. However soul or spirit doesn"t have eternal life if it wants more evil than good and so is not righteous, for eternal life is for righteous.

How could christ suffer? suffer? Only the weak suffer.

I think there is no reason why wouldn"t Jesus suffer, when tortured. After all, he was man.

For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus,
1 Tim. 2:5

I have found that some christians are quite judgemental and angry at me for asking these types of questions.

I am sorry for that. It is unfortunate, but understandable. They also don"t know all and it can be hard to seek the answers. It is not comfortable and therefore people get angry.

But of course, they shouldn"t. They should trust to God and that he gives all answers that are needed. But people should have patience.

Does ancient history and small details really matter? Why would they not support eachother instead of blasting eachother and insisting theirs is infact the correct version?

"Small" things may matter, but still they should love even their enemies, because:

But I tell you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who mistreat you and persecute you, that you may be children of your Father who is in heaven. For he makes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the just and the unjust.
Mat. 5:44-45
Emilrose
Posts: 2,479
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2014 6:08:32 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
"Free will" is invariably the answer. In Judaism Satan is viewed not as an angel that has rebelled from G-d, but as a being whose purpose it is to tempt and thus test the strength of G-ds people.
Commentator on a picture with David Cameron and a Cat: 'Amazing what you can achieve with photoshop these days. I'm sure that used to be a pig.'

Commentator on Hillary Clinton: 'If Clinton is now what passes for progressive, maybe this country deserves Trump.'

Commentator on British parliament: 'All that talent in one place, where is Ebola when you need it?'

John Kerry on words: 'These aren't just words, folks.'
bornofgod
Posts: 11,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2014 10:44:33 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/29/2014 3:35:47 PM, 12_13 wrote:
At 9/28/2014 11:19:01 PM, belle90 wrote:
My question for people of all different religions is mostly about Satan, and why their God will not take responsibility for his existance.

If you consider for a moment with an open mind, you will see that to accept a devil who operates outside the will of God is to accept a God who isn't omnipotent. Obviously, this can't be. Nothing happens except through the will of God.

I have had answers previously about free will, but that is not my question.
God created all. Everything is in existence because God willed it. Including evil.
Some religions say that Satan created evil, but God created Satan, and for evil to be about, God must have known evil or it would not be here.
And if God knew of evil before creating this world, then is it not evil itself to create a world where he does not have to reside yet allows us, his creation, to live with it and deal with it as some kind of test to 'prove ourselves'.

Many wonder can evil or evil spirit come from good God. For example the following makes many wonder.

Now the Spirit of Yahweh departed from Saul, and an evil spirit from Yahweh troubled him.
1 Sam. 16:14

To understand that without contradiction, it is necessary to first know what evil actually means. Evil is really like darkness, lack of light, or like emptiness that is lack of something. Therefore evil is really nothing, because it is lack of good. Evil or bad actions become possible when good and love is rejected. And bad action is really that person doesn"t do right and good. So, when good goes away, evil remains. And when God"s spirit leaves Saul that is same as sending evil spirit, because evil spirit is what comes instead of the good spirit.

All evil in this world is really consequence of that good has been rejected, or good is not present. If people would hold on to good, evil would not have any room anywhere here. Same way as if light is set in room, there is no darkness. When God is rejected, the room for evil is born, because when God is rejected, also God"s will is rejected and his will is that people love others as themselves.

Is God evil or bad, when he allows that he is rejected? After all, nothing evil would exists, if God would be present in all. I think freedom is good. Therefore God is not evil when he allows freedom. However that gives also opportunity for evil, which of course is unpleasant thing in many ways. But people wanted to know good and evil as God knows, so it is good that we can in this world learn what good and evil really means. Also many atheists think this world Godless, because of all evil or suffering in here. So we can quite easily see what Godless means. And it would be good if that understanding would lead person to seek God to get rid of evil.

From Biblical point of view, we have two realities, earthly and spiritual. Luckily nothing of this world can destroy soul or spirit. Therefore I think it is not bad or problem that God allows freedom. Body can suffer in many ways and experience evil, but soul is in safe. However soul or spirit doesn"t have eternal life if it wants more evil than good and so is not righteous, for eternal life is for righteous.

How could christ suffer? suffer? Only the weak suffer.

I think there is no reason why wouldn"t Jesus suffer, when tortured. After all, he was man.

For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus,
1 Tim. 2:5

I have found that some christians are quite judgemental and angry at me for asking these types of questions.

I am sorry for that. It is unfortunate, but understandable. They also don"t know all and it can be hard to seek the answers. It is not comfortable and therefore people get angry.

But of course, they shouldn"t. They should trust to God and that he gives all answers that are needed. But people should have patience.

Does ancient history and small details really matter? Why would they not support eachother instead of blasting eachother and insisting theirs is infact the correct version?

"Small" things may matter, but still they should love even their enemies, because:

But I tell you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who mistreat you and persecute you, that you may be children of your Father who is in heaven. For he makes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the just and the unjust.
Mat. 5:44-45

Amos 4
13: For lo, he who forms the mountains, and creates the wind, and declares to man what is his thought;

Isaiah 45
7: I form light and create darkness, I make weal and create woe, I am the Lord, who do all these things.

Deuteronomy 32
39: "`See now that I, even I, am he, and there is no god beside me; I kill and I make alive; I wound and I heal; and there is none that can deliver out of my hand.

Isaiah 45:7
I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things.

Exodus 4:
10: But Moses said to the LORD, "Oh, my Lord, I am not eloquent, either heretofore or since thou hast spoken to thy servant; but I am slow of speech and of tongue."
11: Then the LORD said to him, "Who has made man's mouth? Who makes him dumb, or deaf, or seeing, or blind? Is it not I, the LORD?
12: Now therefore go, and I will be with your mouth and teach you what you shall speak."
12_13
Posts: 1,361
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2014 1:32:52 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/30/2014 10:44:33 PM, bornofgod wrote:
7: I form light and create darkness, I make weal and create woe, I am the Lord, who do all these things.

Yes, and darkness is created by moving the light away. Darkness is what is left, when God move of.
bornofgod
Posts: 11,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2014 9:39:34 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/1/2014 1:32:52 PM, 12_13 wrote:
At 9/30/2014 10:44:33 PM, bornofgod wrote:
7: I form light and create darkness, I make weal and create woe, I am the Lord, who do all these things.

Yes, and darkness is created by moving the light away. Darkness is what is left, when God move of.

We were created as invisible information ( God's thoughts ). This information has to be processed into illusions ( flesh ) to a make us believe we're real, although, we will never be real. We only exist as invisible vibrations known as the Word of the Lord.