Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2010 2:53:49 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 4/6/2010 2:42:12 AM, Zetsubou wrote:
Your point is?

Ridiculousness is relative. I find the Demotivationals Ridiculous.

Crikey... Thomas Aquinas is back from the dead!
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
Zetsubou
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2010 3:13:17 AM
At 4/6/2010 2:53:49 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
Your point is?

lol, I make sense. Aquinas made random assertions that aren't Christian but called them Christian anyway.
'sup DDO -- july 2013
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2010 3:15:22 AM
At 4/6/2010 3:13:17 AM, Zetsubou wrote:
Your point is?

lol, I make sense. Aquinas made random assertions that aren't Christian but called them Christian anyway.

To be honest I have not got the faintest idea what the guy said. I am just getting inreasingly sarcastic due to the lack of proper religious defence.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
Zetsubou
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2010 3:26:35 AM
At 4/6/2010 3:15:22 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
Your point is?

To be honest I have not got the faintest idea what the guy said. I am just getting inreasingly sarcastic due to the lack of proper religious defence.

You miss dumb Christians don't you.
'sup DDO -- july 2013
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2010 4:18:21 AM
At 4/6/2010 3:26:35 AM, Zetsubou wrote:
Your point is?

Am I writing in aramaic or something?
Zetsubou
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2010 4:48:24 AM
At 4/6/2010 4:18:21 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 4/6/2010 3:26:35 AM, Zetsubou wrote:
Your point is?

Am I writing in aramaic or something?

Could be.
'sup DDO -- july 2013
alto2osu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2010 1:02:36 PM
At 4/6/2010 1:27:07 AM, homework wrote:
These links explain them perfectly. Check them out :D
http://img42.imageshack.us...
http://img17.imageshack.us...
http://img580.imageshack.us...
http://img200.imageshack.us...

And this is just plain scary.
http://img357.imageshack.us...

Does anyone but me find these to be trite and unoriginal? I'm no Christian, but there's only so many times I can see these images without wondering where the hell atheist creativity has disappeared to...
lastrequest691
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2010 7:50:24 PM
I find Hinduism and Buddhism as the most "sluttiest" religion of all times.
Hinduism
*They worship the statues which cannot talk, hear or touch.
Buddhism
*I like their Buddha but Buddhists are nothing like the Buddha.
"That song was absolutely waste of talent; you sounded like a wounded animal and who told you to play the guitar by yourself." Simon Cowell
omelet
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2010 9:07:41 PM
At 4/8/2010 7:50:24 PM, lastrequest691 wrote:
Sounds just like worshipping gods.

Oh wait, are you one of those people God talks to?
Puck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/9/2010 2:15:23 AM
The "check mate" comment may be a fraudulent one. "Check mate atheists" is a phrase used by parody character popular on youtube. Sad thing is a lot of viewers don't realise.

Funny guy.
DATCMOTO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/9/2010 3:12:27 AM
At 4/6/2010 1:28:56 AM, InsertNameHere wrote:
Haha. I Lol'ed. And the pope is f*cking creepy!

*reported*
The Cross.. the Cross.
DATCMOTO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/9/2010 3:19:12 AM
At 4/6/2010 1:27:07 AM, homework wrote:
These links explain them perfectly. Check them out :D
http://img42.imageshack.us...
http://img17.imageshack.us...
http://img580.imageshack.us...
http://img200.imageshack.us...

And this is just plain scary.
http://img357.imageshack.us...

In a sense the gospel of Jesus Christ is quite ridiculously unbelievable.. UNLESS God puts it in your heart, because;

Lamentations 3:25-27 (in Context) Lamentations 3 (Whole Chapter)
37.Jonah 2:9
But I, with a song of thanksgiving, will sacrifice to you. What I have vowed I will make good. Salvation comes from the LORD."

Psalm 119:173-175 (in Context) Psalm 119 (Whole Chapter)
22.Psalm 149:4
For the LORD takes delight in his people; he crowns the humble with salvation.
The Cross.. the Cross.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/9/2010 8:36:57 AM
At 4/9/2010 3:12:27 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:

*reported*

Someone speaks out against the paedo-pope and you report them? How is that Christian?
DATCMOTO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2010 2:52:21 AM
At 4/9/2010 8:36:57 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 4/9/2010 3:12:27 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:

*reported*

Someone speaks out against the paedo-pope and you report them? How is that Christian?

What an almost amusing misunderstanding.. I reported the expletive not the content.

But of course you knew that right?

Remember what I told you about walking in the light that you have; before darkness overtakes you.
The Cross.. the Cross.
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2010 3:01:37 AM
At 4/8/2010 7:50:24 PM, lastrequest691 wrote:
I find Hinduism and Buddhism as the most "sluttiest" religion of all times.
Hinduism

And there are no statues in Christian churches or Muslim mosques? Also, I don't think they worship statues, but certainly they are tangible. I don't know why you say they can't hear or touch statues. I don't even understand what you mean by "sluttiest religion."

Buddhism

The way Buddhists act doesn't determine the nature of Buddhism itself. Also, I question what problem you have with Buddhists. I don't see them fighting any wars or initiating violence.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Puck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2010 3:07:02 AM
At 4/13/2010 3:01:37 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
Buddhism

The way Buddhists act doesn't determine the nature of Buddhism itself. Also, I question what problem you have with Buddhists. I don't see them fighting any wars or initiating violence.

Meh. Now anyway. Not so shiny clean history though. Depends what variant of buddhists too. Monks are very much in tune with the teachings of Buddha - Buddhists in the general populations of Asia maybe less so. Chinese main population Buddhism is fairly subverted from the main teachings itself.
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2010 3:16:56 AM
At 4/13/2010 3:07:02 AM, Puck wrote:

Meh. Now anyway. Not so shiny clean history though. Depends what variant of buddhists too. Monks are very much in tune with the teachings of Buddha - Buddhists in the general populations of Asia maybe less so. Chinese main population Buddhism is fairly subverted from the main teachings itself.

Yes, actually I'd agree with that. Some Buddhist sects have strayed so far from Buddhism invoking gods, deities, prayers, worship, etc. that I just don't even consider them Buddhists.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Puck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2010 3:30:14 AM
At 4/13/2010 3:16:56 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

Yes, actually I'd agree with that. Some Buddhist sects have strayed so far from Buddhism invoking gods, deities, prayers, worship, etc. that I just don't even consider them Buddhists.

It's a cultural thing, much like Daosim is in China. It comes with a whole lot of cultural baggage.
Tlhedglin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2010 3:33:48 AM
At 4/13/2010 3:30:14 AM, Puck wrote:

It's a cultural thing, much like Daosim is in China. It comes with a whole lot of cultural baggage.

I really like many of the philosophical principles in Buddhism and Daoism, but not so much the superstition and dogma they've added to make them religions.
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2010 3:37:14 AM
At 4/13/2010 3:33:48 AM, Tlhedglin wrote:

I really like many of the philosophical principles in Buddhism and Daoism, but not so much the superstition and dogma they've added to make them religions.

To be fair though, I was told that a lot of the deities in some schools of Buddhism (Mahayana, Tibetan, Pure Land) are actually archetypal mental states.
-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat
Puck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2010 3:49:09 AM

Trolls, witches, evil doers in general, a heaven (polytheistic based) immortals, etc. The cultural mythology of China is largely intertwined into Daosim.
Tlhedglin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2010 4:06:41 AM
At 4/13/2010 3:37:14 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

To be fair though, I was told that a lot of the deities in some schools of Buddhism (Mahayana, Tibetan, Pure Land) are actually archetypal mental states.

Depends on the sect, I suppose.
Tlhedglin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2010 4:08:44 AM
At 4/13/2010 3:49:09 AM, Puck wrote:

Trolls, witches, evil doers in general, a heaven (polytheistic based) immortals, etc. The cultural mythology of China is largely intertwined into Daosim.

So, it is like pre-Confucian Chinese religion?
DATCMOTO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2010 2:45:24 AM
JUST as long as no-one is daring to STILL be discussing the 'ridiculousness' of Christianity I'll leave you all to it..

toodle pip..
The Cross.. the Cross.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2010 3:12:28 AM
At 4/15/2010 2:45:24 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
JUST as long as no-one is daring to STILL be discussing the 'ridiculousness' of Christianity I'll leave you all to it..

Still here!

toodle pip..

Oh right... okay bye then.
DATCMOTO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2010 3:29:31 AM
At 4/15/2010 3:12:28 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:

Still here!

toodle pip..

*waits for ANY semblance of a thelogical attack on the Bible/Christianity*
The Cross.. the Cross.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2010 3:34:30 AM
At 4/15/2010 3:29:31 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 4/15/2010 3:12:28 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:

Still here!

toodle pip..

*waits for ANY semblance of a thelogical attack on the Bible/Christianity*

Refers you back to my numerous questions that you have ignored.