Total Posts:74|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Beware the second coming of Christ!!

Blade-of-Truth
Posts: 5,024
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2014 2:04:09 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
I was reading the book of Revelations today, as I normally do before bedtime, and it struck me that the return of Christ is a tricky thing.

Here's some of the reasons that it might be difficult:

1) What if a government agency kidnaps him?

Let's be real for a minute, if a man on Earth starts walking on water, or performing any of the miracles that Christ did in the past, do you honestly believe government men won't be on him like a fly to a hot dog?

In China, they've already kidnapped the next Tibetan Dali Lama, and have instead planted their own Chinese one. This is well-known for anyone up-to-date on eastern religious affairs. So if Christ returns there - well, goodbye. In America as well, do you think our government agencies like the Pentagon, CIA, DIA, NSA or any other intelligence agency won't be interested in studying him?

What if Jesus lands in North Korea, where the people worship their own leader as God, do you think they'd allow a miracle worker to walk their lands while proclaiming himself to be the Son of the true God?

It would seem to me that it'd be very risky business for someone to expose themselves as a true miracle worker with so many organizations, governments, or power hungry individuals - all of whom are unwilling to give up their power and control.

2) The Devil tricks everyone into believing he's Christ.

Another serious problem I see. So many people in this world are starved for meaning and purpose. With the recent explosion of celebrity worship occurring in most western and even eastern societies, it's very reasonable to assume that whoever reveals themselves as a miracle worker first - is the one who will receive the glory (should he not fall prey to scenario 1, presented above).

If accepted into society instead of kidnapped, you can bet that major networks will thrust that person into the spotlight to reap the rewards of high viewership. That person will most likely have countless celebrities worshiping him as well, which will automatically bring in the fans of the celebrities who are worshiping him.

So, what if it's the anti-Christ just playing the role of Christ? If you've read the Bible you know that the anti-Christ will be a miracle worker as well. If I was the anti-Christ, I'd want to trick people into believing I'm God. Now, while some of the true Christians will acknowledge that the first miracle worker is most likely the anti-Christ since Christ's return is told to occur afterwards, it doesn't change the fact that a majority of the population will fall prey to the miracles he's performing.

We'll have a majority of the world following the wrong person, and it'll mostly be because he was the first person to perform truly awesome works since the time of Christ in the Bible. What will occur if this miracle worker fools leaders who have access to nuclear weaponry? Maybe heal one of those leaders sick children right before their eyes... relieve the pope of his office and take control over the vast treasures and resources of the Vatican... the possible scenarios are endless but all possible solely because he'll be the first to arrive and be able to "wow" the world.

3) What if the government beats them too it.

Holographic projection technology is real and on the rise. The government also has the technology to make it seem as if you are hearing voices from within your own head. Both of these technologies are well documented and can be found with a simple Google search. They've even got holograms of Tupac at concerts... if they are allowing a technology to be consumed by the general public, you can bet the military is ATLEAST 20 years ahead. Heck they've even got invisible cloaking tech - https://www.youtube.com...
Might as well also mention their soundwave tech capable of cooking your insides using soundwaves. Coming soon to your local sheriffs office for riot control (albeit a less deadly form of the technology).
Almost everything we get as technological products were used by the military or atleast passed through their filters before pushed into the public sphere. Need I remind you that the internet was the brainchild of U.S. Navy intelligence? Yeah, who owns the internet? Uncle Sam, literally. I now introduce Project Blue Beam.

http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

With each of these 3 scenarios present, I feel that the 2nd coming is trickier than we generally think. What are your thoughts on each scenario and how might each challenge be overcome by Christ?
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
bulproof
Posts: 25,218
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2014 2:12:06 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/30/2014 2:04:09 AM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:
The government also has the technology to make it seem as if you are hearing voices from within your own head.

Religions have been doing that for thousands of years.
Don't sweat it.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2014 7:36:19 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/30/2014 2:04:09 AM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:
I was reading the book of Revelations today, as I normally do before bedtime, and it struck me that the return of Christ is a tricky thing.


Sorry, I have had to cut so much of this out to have room to reply.

Depends what you refer to as the second coming.

The one Christ and his disciples referred to most often has already happened, and took place as prophesied in 1914, though as Christ also intimated it was not an outstandingly visible event, recognised only by those who knew what they were looking for.

However, Revelation describes a totally different "return", this time with his father's army of angels, to destroy human government and false religion , as well as removing all signs of Satan's works from the earth.

However coming on the end of a great tribulation, so great that it threatens the whole of life on the earth, Armageddon, frightening as it will be, will still be a relief to those who know what it stands for.

Therefore people like me approach the thought of Armageddon in the same way we approach a serious operation. We look forward to the recovery period after it, accepting what we will have to go through first, but not expecting to enjoy it.

Even when he was on earth before, as a human, the scribes and pharisees found it impossible to capture him until he was ready to be captured.

However you have obviously been struck by the one thing that stood out to me as a child.

A physical return to earth is completely impractical.

Even at about 10 years of age it struck me that the first thing that would happen when he revealed himself would be that they would try to put him in a lunatic asylum, the fate often reserved for all who have tried to claim to be him in the past.

When he came to earth in the first century he told people that he had come, not to bring peace to the earth but a sword, though not a literal sword.

Matthew 10:34-36
ASV(i) 34 Think not that I came to send peace on the earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword. 35 For I came to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law: 36 and a mans foes shall be they of his own household.

No, he simply knew that belief in him would split families apart, as it does today for True Christians, all too often. People usually blame the believers but the truth is usually that if they were left to their beliefs it would not cause a problem.

Oh yes, Satan tries, and even more often tries, all too successfully. to fool people into thinking that his ministers are actually Christ's ministers

Matthew 7:21-23
ASV(i) 21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy by thy name, and by thy name cast out demons, and by thy name do many mighty works? 23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

2 Corinthians 11:14-15
ASV(i) 14 And no marvel; for even Satan fashioneth himself into an angel of light. 15 It is no great thing therefore if his ministers also fashion themselves as ministers of righteousness, whose end shall be according to their works.

That means that the onus is on us to decide which is real and which false, and scripture is the only means we have of doing so. It is the only "litmus test" for teachings that are acceptable or not.

Difficult?

Yes for humans on their own, it is in fact impossible.

However pray hard enough, and sincerely enough for God to reveal himself and his people to you, and in his own good time he will.

James 1:5-8
ASV(i) 5 But if any of you lacketh wisdom, let him ask of God, who giveth to all liberally and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him. 6 But let him ask in faith, nothing doubting: for he that doubteth is like the surge of the sea driven by the wind and tossed. 7 For let not that man think that he shall receive anything of the Lord; 8 a doubleminded man, unstable in all his ways.

Always remember one important thing.

It is actually in his interest, or at least in the interest of his purposes, to bring all honest hearted people to his side, so if you trust in him, as the scripture above says, he will arrange for his son to send holy spirit to guide you to his side, often by directing one of his people to you, just as he directed Philip to the Ethiopian Eunuch.

Acts 8:26-31
ASV(i) 26 But an angel of the Lord spake unto Philip, saying, Arise, and go toward the south unto the way that goeth down from Jerusalem unto Gaza: the same is desert. 27 And he arose and went: and behold, a man of Ethiopia, a eunuch of great authority under Candace, queen of the Ethiopians, who was over all her treasure, who had come to Jerusalem to worship; 28 and he was returning and sitting in his chariot, and was reading the prophet Isaiah. 29 And the Spirit said unto Philip, Go near, and join thyself to this chariot. 30 And Philip ran to him, and heard him reading Isaiah the prophet, and said, Understandest thou what thou readest? 31 And he said, How can I, except some one shall guide me? And he besought Philip to come up and sit with him.

I now from personal experience that this works, just as God said it would. I also know from personal experience that, just as Christ said, you will get a lot of opposition wherever you turn.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2014 7:37:39 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/30/2014 2:12:06 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 9/30/2014 2:04:09 AM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:
The government also has the technology to make it seem as if you are hearing voices from within your own head.

Religions have been doing that for thousands of years.
Don't sweat it.

Yes, but fortunately God doesn't, so if you are hearing voices they certainly don;t come from God.

Holy spirit is not used in that way.
bulproof
Posts: 25,218
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2014 7:43:42 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/30/2014 7:37:39 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 9/30/2014 2:12:06 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 9/30/2014 2:04:09 AM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:
The government also has the technology to make it seem as if you are hearing voices from within your own head.

Religions have been doing that for thousands of years.
Don't sweat it.

Yes, but fortunately God doesn't, so if you are hearing voices they certainly don;t come from God.

Holy spirit is not used in that way.

Just put his sermons into reverse again.
Good thing.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Composer
Posts: 5,858
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2014 7:43:46 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/30/2014 7:36:19 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
I now from personal experience that this works, just as God said it would. I also know from personal experience that, just as Christ said, you will get a lot of opposition wherever you turn.
Those like you only get opposition because what you claim is already a proven lie!

This supposed jebus of which you speak is similarly a 100% Historical myth!

Your evidence otherwise remains zero!

Your assertions aren't evidence despite your psychosis telling you it is!

Your vindicated Mentor & Saviour moi!
debateuser
Posts: 1,094
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2014 8:09:41 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/30/2014 2:04:09 AM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:
I was reading the book of Revelations today, as I normally do before bedtime, and it struck me that the return of Christ is a tricky thing.

Here's some of the reasons that it might be difficult:

1) What if a government agency kidnaps him?

Let's be real for a minute, if a man on Earth starts walking on water, or performing any of the miracles that Christ did in the past, do you honestly believe government men won't be on him like a fly to a hot dog?

In China, they've already kidnapped the next Tibetan Dali Lama, and have instead planted their own Chinese one. This is well-known for anyone up-to-date on eastern religious affairs. So if Christ returns there - well, goodbye. In America as well, do you think our government agencies like the Pentagon, CIA, DIA, NSA or any other intelligence agency won't be interested in studying him?

What if Jesus lands in North Korea, where the people worship their own leader as God, do you think they'd allow a miracle worker to walk their lands while proclaiming himself to be the Son of the true God?

It would seem to me that it'd be very risky business for someone to expose themselves as a true miracle worker with so many organizations, governments, or power hungry individuals - all of whom are unwilling to give up their power and control.

2) The Devil tricks everyone into believing he's Christ.

Another serious problem I see. So many people in this world are starved for meaning and purpose. With the recent explosion of celebrity worship occurring in most western and even eastern societies, it's very reasonable to assume that whoever reveals themselves as a miracle worker first - is the one who will receive the glory (should he not fall prey to scenario 1, presented above).

If accepted into society instead of kidnapped, you can bet that major networks will thrust that person into the spotlight to reap the rewards of high viewership. That person will most likely have countless celebrities worshiping him as well, which will automatically bring in the fans of the celebrities who are worshiping him.

So, what if it's the anti-Christ just playing the role of Christ? If you've read the Bible you know that the anti-Christ will be a miracle worker as well. If I was the anti-Christ, I'd want to trick people into believing I'm God. Now, while some of the true Christians will acknowledge that the first miracle worker is most likely the anti-Christ since Christ's return is told to occur afterwards, it doesn't change the fact that a majority of the population will fall prey to the miracles he's performing.

We'll have a majority of the world following the wrong person, and it'll mostly be because he was the first person to perform truly awesome works since the time of Christ in the Bible. What will occur if this miracle worker fools leaders who have access to nuclear weaponry? Maybe heal one of those leaders sick children right before their eyes... relieve the pope of his office and take control over the vast treasures and resources of the Vatican... the possible scenarios are endless but all possible solely because he'll be the first to arrive and be able to "wow" the world.

3) What if the government beats them too it.

Holographic projection technology is real and on the rise. The government also has the technology to make it seem as if you are hearing voices from within your own head. Both of these technologies are well documented and can be found with a simple Google search. They've even got holograms of Tupac at concerts... if they are allowing a technology to be consumed by the general public, you can bet the military is ATLEAST 20 years ahead. Heck they've even got invisible cloaking tech - https://www.youtube.com...
Might as well also mention their soundwave tech capable of cooking your insides using soundwaves. Coming soon to your local sheriffs office for riot control (albeit a less deadly form of the technology).
Almost everything we get as technological products were used by the military or atleast passed through their filters before pushed into the public sphere. Need I remind you that the internet was the brainchild of U.S. Navy intelligence? Yeah, who owns the internet? Uncle Sam, literally. I now introduce Project Blue Beam.

http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

With each of these 3 scenarios present, I feel that the 2nd coming is trickier than we generally think. What are your thoughts on each scenario and how might each challenge be overcome by Christ?

Oh the Christ will return in China. Lol. Yeah that is because uncle Sam will send him there. Hahahaahha
Scientific Errors In Religion : Atheists are right that religion is a myth

Read this topic on below link:

http://www.debate.org...
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2014 8:48:40 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/30/2014 7:43:46 AM, Composer wrote:
At 9/30/2014 7:36:19 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
I now from personal experience that this works, just as God said it would. I also know from personal experience that, just as Christ said, you will get a lot of opposition wherever you turn.
Those like you only get opposition because what you claim is already a proven lie!

This supposed jebus of which you speak is similarly a 100% Historical myth!

Your evidence otherwise remains zero!

Your assertions aren't evidence despite your psychosis telling you it is!

Your vindicated Mentor & Saviour moi!

Nothing I teach has been proven a lie except in the minds of those too blind to see the truth. Scripture is the only real truth, and that is coming to the surface more and more, through history archaeology, and yes, science.

But again that is precisely what Christ and the Apostles predicted would happen.

One day you will learn who is behind everything you think is your own idea, and you will not like it. You are allowing yourself to be the dupe of Satan, willingly or not.

You'll find out, and I pity you when you do.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2014 8:50:15 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/30/2014 7:43:42 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 9/30/2014 7:37:39 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 9/30/2014 2:12:06 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 9/30/2014 2:04:09 AM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:
The government also has the technology to make it seem as if you are hearing voices from within your own head.

Religions have been doing that for thousands of years.
Don't sweat it.

Yes, but fortunately God doesn't, so if you are hearing voices they certainly don;t come from God.

Holy spirit is not used in that way.

Just put his sermons into reverse again.
Good thing.

No, I have changed nothing in anything I preach. I have only straightened out your lies about it. You know as well as I do that I have preached scripture from the start and always will.
bulproof
Posts: 25,218
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2014 9:05:54 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/30/2014 8:50:15 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 9/30/2014 7:43:42 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 9/30/2014 7:37:39 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 9/30/2014 2:12:06 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 9/30/2014 2:04:09 AM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:
The government also has the technology to make it seem as if you are hearing voices from within your own head.

Religions have been doing that for thousands of years.
Don't sweat it.

Yes, but fortunately God doesn't, so if you are hearing voices they certainly don;t come from God.

Holy spirit is not used in that way.

Just put his sermons into reverse again.
Good thing.

No, I have changed nothing in anything I preach. I have only straightened out your lies about it. You know as well as I do that I have preached scripture from the start and always will.

Your story is that the holy spook tells YOU personally what the scripture means. You are such a fukin' LIAR, I don't know how you can live with yourself.
Oh yes I do.
You are fukin' INSANE.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2014 11:10:04 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/30/2014 9:05:54 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 9/30/2014 8:50:15 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 9/30/2014 7:43:42 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 9/30/2014 7:37:39 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 9/30/2014 2:12:06 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 9/30/2014 2:04:09 AM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:
The government also has the technology to make it seem as if you are hearing voices from within your own head.

Religions have been doing that for thousands of years.
Don't sweat it.

Yes, but fortunately God doesn't, so if you are hearing voices they certainly don;t come from God.

Holy spirit is not used in that way.

Just put his sermons into reverse again.
Good thing.

No, I have changed nothing in anything I preach. I have only straightened out your lies about it. You know as well as I do that I have preached scripture from the start and always will.

Your story is that the holy spook tells YOU personally what the scripture means. You are such a fukin' LIAR, I don't know how you can live with yourself.
Oh yes I do.
You are fukin' INSANE.

I agree holy spirit is used to help and guide me, but all you are doing here is showing a complete lack of understanding of how holy spirit works. As I have said all along you don;t hear voices, but it helps you to recall things you have already learned, whihc is precisely what Jesus promised it would do.

John 14:26
ASV(i) 26 But the Comforter, even the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all that I said unto you..

You really do have quite an imagination, and the ability to fool yourself into thinking it's real.

As always you prove to everybody that you completely misunderstand almost everything I say, and pretend that I have said things I have not.

Me a liar? No way, however you can't even be honest with yourself.
annanicole
Posts: 19,785
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2014 1:44:10 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/30/2014 11:10:04 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 9/30/2014 9:05:54 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 9/30/2014 8:50:15 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 9/30/2014 7:43:42 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 9/30/2014 7:37:39 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 9/30/2014 2:12:06 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 9/30/2014 2:04:09 AM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:
The government also has the technology to make it seem as if you are hearing voices from within your own head.

Religions have been doing that for thousands of years.
Don't sweat it.

Yes, but fortunately God doesn't, so if you are hearing voices they certainly don;t come from God.

Holy spirit is not used in that way.

Just put his sermons into reverse again.
Good thing.

No, I have changed nothing in anything I preach. I have only straightened out your lies about it. You know as well as I do that I have preached scripture from the start and always will.

Your story is that the holy spook tells YOU personally what the scripture means. You are such a fukin' LIAR, I don't know how you can live with yourself.
Oh yes I do.
You are fukin' INSANE.

I agree holy spirit is used to help and guide me, but all you are doing here is showing a complete lack of understanding of how holy spirit works. As I have said all along you don;t hear voices, but it helps you to recall things you have already learned, whihc is precisely what Jesus promised it would do.

No, what helps YOU recall things you've previously learned is the faculty of your own memory. Look at the following passage you quote - then observe how you twist it.

John 14:26
ASV(i) 26 But the Comforter, even the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all that I said unto you..

You really do have quite an imagination, and the ability to fool yourself into thinking it's real.

As always you prove to everybody that you completely misunderstand almost everything I say, and pretend that I have said things I have not.

Me a liar? No way, however you can't even be honest with yourself.

The Comforter was promised ... to whom? Not YOU, by any stretch. No, the Comforter - the "another Comforter" - was promised only to those to whom Jesus was speaking right then and there. In fact, Jesus was the Comforter. He was promised THEM - not you - another Comforter, the Holy Spirit. And what was this "another Comforter" to do?

He was to "bring to your remembrance all that I said unto you." Said unto whom? The disciples who were there with Him. Jesus has never said a word to you, so there's nothing for the Comforter to remind you of. Neither you nor anybody else needs the "another Comforter" to remind him of things written in the scriptures - and the Comforter was never promised to help "remind" people of what they could just as easily read.

So we see just how badly mixed up you are. You actually think you have the "another Comforter" reminding you of every thing Jesus ever said while He was on the earth, whether such things are written down or not.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
bornofgod
Posts: 11,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2014 2:08:03 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/30/2014 2:04:09 AM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:
I was reading the book of Revelations today, as I normally do before bedtime, and it struck me that the return of Christ is a tricky thing.

Here's some of the reasons that it might be difficult:

1) What if a government agency kidnaps him?

Let's be real for a minute, if a man on Earth starts walking on water, or performing any of the miracles that Christ did in the past, do you honestly believe government men won't be on him like a fly to a hot dog?

In China, they've already kidnapped the next Tibetan Dali Lama, and have instead planted their own Chinese one. This is well-known for anyone up-to-date on eastern religious affairs. So if Christ returns there - well, goodbye. In America as well, do you think our government agencies like the Pentagon, CIA, DIA, NSA or any other intelligence agency won't be interested in studying him?

What if Jesus lands in North Korea, where the people worship their own leader as God, do you think they'd allow a miracle worker to walk their lands while proclaiming himself to be the Son of the true God?

It would seem to me that it'd be very risky business for someone to expose themselves as a true miracle worker with so many organizations, governments, or power hungry individuals - all of whom are unwilling to give up their power and control.

2) The Devil tricks everyone into believing he's Christ.

Another serious problem I see. So many people in this world are starved for meaning and purpose. With the recent explosion of celebrity worship occurring in most western and even eastern societies, it's very reasonable to assume that whoever reveals themselves as a miracle worker first - is the one who will receive the glory (should he not fall prey to scenario 1, presented above).

If accepted into society instead of kidnapped, you can bet that major networks will thrust that person into the spotlight to reap the rewards of high viewership. That person will most likely have countless celebrities worshiping him as well, which will automatically bring in the fans of the celebrities who are worshiping him.

So, what if it's the anti-Christ just playing the role of Christ? If you've read the Bible you know that the anti-Christ will be a miracle worker as well. If I was the anti-Christ, I'd want to trick people into believing I'm God. Now, while some of the true Christians will acknowledge that the first miracle worker is most likely the anti-Christ since Christ's return is told to occur afterwards, it doesn't change the fact that a majority of the population will fall prey to the miracles he's performing.

We'll have a majority of the world following the wrong person, and it'll mostly be because he was the first person to perform truly awesome works since the time of Christ in the Bible. What will occur if this miracle worker fools leaders who have access to nuclear weaponry? Maybe heal one of those leaders sick children right before their eyes... relieve the pope of his office and take control over the vast treasures and resources of the Vatican... the possible scenarios are endless but all possible solely because he'll be the first to arrive and be able to "wow" the world.

3) What if the government beats them too it.

Holographic projection technology is real and on the rise. The government also has the technology to make it seem as if you are hearing voices from within your own head. Both of these technologies are well documented and can be found with a simple Google search. They've even got holograms of Tupac at concerts... if they are allowing a technology to be consumed by the general public, you can bet the military is ATLEAST 20 years ahead. Heck they've even got invisible cloaking tech - https://www.youtube.com...
Might as well also mention their soundwave tech capable of cooking your insides using soundwaves. Coming soon to your local sheriffs office for riot control (albeit a less deadly form of the technology).
Almost everything we get as technological products were used by the military or atleast passed through their filters before pushed into the public sphere. Need I remind you that the internet was the brainchild of U.S. Navy intelligence? Yeah, who owns the internet? Uncle Sam, literally. I now introduce Project Blue Beam.

http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

With each of these 3 scenarios present, I feel that the 2nd coming is trickier than we generally think. What are your thoughts on each scenario and how might each challenge be overcome by Christ?

Since Christ is the invisible knowledge of God, it will be very tricky for anyone to believe in His story about who we are in the mind of our Creator.
BobCampus
Posts: 5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2014 2:22:28 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I can provide some answers to these "questions". It doesn't say in the bible that Jesus will come down. It says the antichrist will come, but Jesus won't be here in physical form. It says in the Bible that He will come and take all of those that believe in him, but I don't remember Him saying that He will actually make an appearance. I do not know these things for sure, but I would like to let you know that my strongest gift of the spirit is a prophet. I feel like everything I have said in this post is true. May The Lord forgive me if I am wrong.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2014 3:04:27 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/30/2014 2:22:28 PM, BobCampus wrote:
I can provide some answers to these "questions". It doesn't say in the bible that Jesus will come down. It says the antichrist will come, but Jesus won't be here in physical form. It says in the Bible that He will come and take all of those that believe in him, but I don't remember Him saying that He will actually make an appearance. I do not know these things for sure, but I would like to let you know that my strongest gift of the spirit is a prophet. I feel like everything I have said in this post is true. May The Lord forgive me if I am wrong.

Acts Acts 1:6-11
ASV(i) 6 They therefore, when they were come together, asked him, saying, Lord, dost thou at this time restore the kingdom to Israel? 7 And he said unto them, It is not for you to know times or seasons, which the Father hath set within his own authority. 8 But ye shall receive power, when the Holy Spirit is come upon you: and ye shall be my witnesses both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea and Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth. 9 And when he had said these things, as they were looking, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight. 10 And while they were looking stedfastly into heaven as he went, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel; 11 who also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye looking into heaven? this Jesus, who was received up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye beheld him going into heaven.

Now to me, that tells me that his return will not be visible, though the effects of it will.

In fact it wasn't visible, though the effects are to those who know where to look.

Some effects of prophecy are quite subtle which is why even some of the prophecy about Jesus wasn't connected to him until after he arrived.
LogicalLunatic
Posts: 1,633
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2014 3:08:55 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/30/2014 2:04:09 AM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:
I was reading the book of Revelations today, as I normally do before bedtime, and it struck me that the return of Christ is a tricky thing.

Here's some of the reasons that it might be difficult:

1) What if a government agency kidnaps him?

Let's be real for a minute, if a man on Earth starts walking on water, or performing any of the miracles that Christ did in the past, do you honestly believe government men won't be on him like a fly to a hot dog?

In China, they've already kidnapped the next Tibetan Dali Lama, and have instead planted their own Chinese one. This is well-known for anyone up-to-date on eastern religious affairs. So if Christ returns there - well, goodbye. In America as well, do you think our government agencies like the Pentagon, CIA, DIA, NSA or any other intelligence agency won't be interested in studying him?

What if Jesus lands in North Korea, where the people worship their own leader as God, do you think they'd allow a miracle worker to walk their lands while proclaiming himself to be the Son of the true God?

It would seem to me that it'd be very risky business for someone to expose themselves as a true miracle worker with so many organizations, governments, or power hungry individuals - all of whom are unwilling to give up their power and control.

2) The Devil tricks everyone into believing he's Christ.

Another serious problem I see. So many people in this world are starved for meaning and purpose. With the recent explosion of celebrity worship occurring in most western and even eastern societies, it's very reasonable to assume that whoever reveals themselves as a miracle worker first - is the one who will receive the glory (should he not fall prey to scenario 1, presented above).

If accepted into society instead of kidnapped, you can bet that major networks will thrust that person into the spotlight to reap the rewards of high viewership. That person will most likely have countless celebrities worshiping him as well, which will automatically bring in the fans of the celebrities who are worshiping him.

So, what if it's the anti-Christ just playing the role of Christ? If you've read the Bible you know that the anti-Christ will be a miracle worker as well. If I was the anti-Christ, I'd want to trick people into believing I'm God. Now, while some of the true Christians will acknowledge that the first miracle worker is most likely the anti-Christ since Christ's return is told to occur afterwards, it doesn't change the fact that a majority of the population will fall prey to the miracles he's performing.

We'll have a majority of the world following the wrong person, and it'll mostly be because he was the first person to perform truly awesome works since the time of Christ in the Bible. What will occur if this miracle worker fools leaders who have access to nuclear weaponry? Maybe heal one of those leaders sick children right before their eyes... relieve the pope of his office and take control over the vast treasures and resources of the Vatican... the possible scenarios are endless but all possible solely because he'll be the first to arrive and be able to "wow" the world.

3) What if the government beats them too it.

Holographic projection technology is real and on the rise. The government also has the technology to make it seem as if you are hearing voices from within your own head. Both of these technologies are well documented and can be found with a simple Google search. They've even got holograms of Tupac at concerts... if they are allowing a technology to be consumed by the general public, you can bet the military is ATLEAST 20 years ahead. Heck they've even got invisible cloaking tech - https://www.youtube.com...
Might as well also mention their soundwave tech capable of cooking your insides using soundwaves. Coming soon to your local sheriffs office for riot control (albeit a less deadly form of the technology).
Almost everything we get as technological products were used by the military or atleast passed through their filters before pushed into the public sphere. Need I remind you that the internet was the brainchild of U.S. Navy intelligence? Yeah, who owns the internet? Uncle Sam, literally. I now introduce Project Blue Beam.

http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

With each of these 3 scenarios present, I feel that the 2nd coming is trickier than we generally think. What are your thoughts on each scenario and how might each challenge be overcome by Christ?

Please quit it with the Project Bluebeam. That is widely considered a conspiracy theory. But to answer your question...

1. You cannot kidnap God.
2. The real Jesus would react to media coverage in a very different way than Satan would. And, whenever I heard "Jesus" talking about how all religions are equal and homosexuality is good, I'd know instantly that this guy was the Antichrist.
A True Work of Art: http://www.debate.org...

Atheist Logic: http://www.debate.org...

Bulproof formally admits to being a troll (Post 16):
http://www.debate.org...
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2014 3:23:25 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/30/2014 1:44:10 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 9/30/2014 11:10:04 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 9/30/2014 9:05:54 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 9/30/2014 8:50:15 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 9/30/2014 7:43:42 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 9/30/2014 7:37:39 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 9/30/2014 2:12:06 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 9/30/2014 2:04:09 AM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:
The government also has the technology to make it seem as if you are hearing voices from within your own head.

Religions have been doing that for thousands of years.
Don't sweat it.

Yes, but fortunately God doesn't, so if you are hearing voices they certainly don;t come from God.

Holy spirit is not used in that way.

Just put his sermons into reverse again.
Good thing.

No, I have changed nothing in anything I preach. I have only straightened out your lies about it. You know as well as I do that I have preached scripture from the start and always will.

Your story is that the holy spook tells YOU personally what the scripture means. You are such a fukin' LIAR, I don't know how you can live with yourself.
Oh yes I do.
You are fukin' INSANE.

I agree holy spirit is used to help and guide me, but all you are doing here is showing a complete lack of understanding of how holy spirit works. As I have said all along you don;t hear voices, but it helps you to recall things you have already learned, whihc is precisely what Jesus promised it would do.

No, what helps YOU recall things you've previously learned is the faculty of your own memory. Look at the following passage you quote - then observe how you twist it.

John 14:26
ASV(i) 26 But the Comforter, even the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all that I said unto you..

You really do have quite an imagination, and the ability to fool yourself into thinking it's real.

As always you prove to everybody that you completely misunderstand almost everything I say, and pretend that I have said things I have not.

Me a liar? No way, however you can't even be honest with yourself.

The Comforter was promised ... to whom? Not YOU, by any stretch. No, the Comforter - the "another Comforter" - was promised only to those to whom Jesus was speaking right then and there. In fact, Jesus was the Comforter. He was promised THEM - not you - another Comforter, the Holy Spirit. And what was this "another Comforter" to do?

He was to "bring to your remembrance all that I said unto you." Said unto whom? The disciples who were there with Him. Jesus has never said a word to you, so there's nothing for the Comforter to remind you of. Neither you nor anybody else needs the "another Comforter" to remind him of things written in the scriptures - and the Comforter was never promised to help "remind" people of what they could just as easily read.

So we see just how badly mixed up you are. You actually think you have the "another Comforter" reminding you of every thing Jesus ever said while He was on the earth, whether such things are written down or not.

Scripture was recorded for all of us who choose to become disciples. There was no need to record it for those with him, they could hear it from his own lips, it only needed to be recorded for those of us who came after. his scripture, all of it, applies to all who God counts as a part of his Israel, not the Satanic counterfeit which is busy fighting for it's life at the moment, but the real Israel of God which does not need to fight for itself because God really is with us, and will protect us even if only by hiding us in death until the resurrection.

Holy was promised to all who truly put faith in him and requested it, and yes, that includes me. I know you hate that thought but it is true none the less and I have had a lot of evidence to prove it in my life. It is also used to give us the promised wisdom of God (James 1:5-8). A wisdom you are a long way from enjoying.

In fact that was precisely what it was promised to do, to recall to their minds things they have read and learned in the past, as and when they need it. That is the only way I can be so quick to come back with the scriptures I need hen I need them.

Yes you can easily read it, if you can remember where to find it, but there are an awful lot of scriptures to be able to recall, hence the help is needed. Can you remember every scripture from Genesis top Revelation? No, and holy spirit couldn't help you with it even if you fitted the criteria because you haven't read it in the first place.

That is why it is used to recall things to mind, because we have made the effort to put them there and that effort is rewarded by having them brought back to our minds when we need them.

Again you demonstrate your complete ignorance of how God and Christ work, as well as what holy spirit is and how it is used.

Hardly surprising since you believe so little of scripture any way.

Holy spirit is also used to help us find connected scriptures which we have read in the past, which help us to understand what the scripture we are considering means.

That is why such as I have much greater understanding of scripture than you. It is no quality of ours other than that we trust God and Christ to do exactly, and then being granted holy spirit we can see into the deep things of God which are hidden from such as you.

There is only one comforter, and that is what I have been granted. That doesn't make me messed up, it straightens me out and gives me the ability to do things way beyond my power, as and when God wishes me to.

Believe it, or believe it not, it remains true.
annanicole
Posts: 19,785
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2014 3:36:07 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/30/2014 3:23:25 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 9/30/2014 1:44:10 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 9/30/2014 11:10:04 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 9/30/2014 9:05:54 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 9/30/2014 8:50:15 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 9/30/2014 7:43:42 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 9/30/2014 7:37:39 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 9/30/2014 2:12:06 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 9/30/2014 2:04:09 AM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:
The government also has the technology to make it seem as if you are hearing voices from within your own head.

Religions have been doing that for thousands of years.
Don't sweat it.

Yes, but fortunately God doesn't, so if you are hearing voices they certainly don;t come from God.

Holy spirit is not used in that way.

Just put his sermons into reverse again.
Good thing.

No, I have changed nothing in anything I preach. I have only straightened out your lies about it. You know as well as I do that I have preached scripture from the start and always will.

Your story is that the holy spook tells YOU personally what the scripture means. You are such a fukin' LIAR, I don't know how you can live with yourself.
Oh yes I do.
You are fukin' INSANE.

I agree holy spirit is used to help and guide me, but all you are doing here is showing a complete lack of understanding of how holy spirit works. As I have said all along you don;t hear voices, but it helps you to recall things you have already learned, whihc is precisely what Jesus promised it would do.

No, what helps YOU recall things you've previously learned is the faculty of your own memory. Look at the following passage you quote - then observe how you twist it.

John 14:26
ASV(i) 26 But the Comforter, even the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all that I said unto you..

You really do have quite an imagination, and the ability to fool yourself into thinking it's real.

As always you prove to everybody that you completely misunderstand almost everything I say, and pretend that I have said things I have not.

Me a liar? No way, however you can't even be honest with yourself.

The Comforter was promised ... to whom? Not YOU, by any stretch. No, the Comforter - the "another Comforter" - was promised only to those to whom Jesus was speaking right then and there. In fact, Jesus was the Comforter. He was promised THEM - not you - another Comforter, the Holy Spirit. And what was this "another Comforter" to do?

He was to "bring to your remembrance all that I said unto you." Said unto whom? The disciples who were there with Him. Jesus has never said a word to you, so there's nothing for the Comforter to remind you of. Neither you nor anybody else needs the "another Comforter" to remind him of things written in the scriptures - and the Comforter was never promised to help "remind" people of what they could just as easily read.

So we see just how badly mixed up you are. You actually think you have the "another Comforter" reminding you of every thing Jesus ever said while He was on the earth, whether such things are written down or not.

Scripture was recorded for all of us who choose to become disciples.

Sure it was, but you aren't fool enough to think that the promise of the Comforter was to YOU, are you? If so, why don't you go build an ark? After all, God told Noah to do so.

There was no need to record it for those with him, they could hear it from his own lips, it only needed to be recorded for those of us who came after. his scripture, all of it, applies to all who God counts as a part of his Israel, not the Satanic counterfeit which is busy fighting for it's life at the moment, but the real Israel of God which does not need to fight for itself because God really is with us, and will protect us even if only by hiding us in death until the resurrection.

That has nothing to do with the fact that only those disciples, the apostles, standing there with Jesus were to receive the "another Comforter".

Holy spirit was promised to all who truly put faith in him and requested it, and yes, that includes me.

The Comforter aspect of the Spirit was not promised to all, was it?

I know you hate that thought but it is true none the less and I have had a lot of evidence to prove it in my life. It is also used to give us the promised wisdom of God (James 1:5-8). A wisdom you are a long way from enjoying.

Pfffffffffft. You are divorced old man whose own kids scarcely speak to him. If your life is any evidence of the workings of the Comforter, then I'd hate to see what happens to those without it.

In fact that was precisely what it was promised to do, to recall to their minds things they have read and learned in the past,

The promise says not one word about recalling things you've "read and learned" in the past.


That is why it is used to recall things to mind, because we have made the effort to put them there and that effort is rewarded by having them brought back to our minds when we need them.

The Comforter was never promised to help people recall things they have read.

Again you demonstrate your complete ignorance of how God and Christ work, as well as what holy spirit is and how it is used.

At present, I'm busy demonstrating YOUR ignorance.

Tell us, MadCornish, .... you be SURE and tell us ... do you have the "another Comforter" or not?

You claim to - and cite as "evidence" your own mouth! You inform us that you are too stupid to recall scriptures on your own. Well, I do not sense that anyone here will deny that, but I think we'll all have to deny that you have an supernatural help in recalling scriptures.

1. Do you have the "another Comforter"?

2. If so, who or what was your first Comforter, and when did He or it leave you?

3. How many words has Jesus Christ directly spoken to you?

4. Give any passages that promise that a Comforter will help anyone recall a scripture.

Now if someone wants to watch a joke in action, just watch MadCornish's answers to those questions - if he bothers to answer.

Why, a man that had the Comforter wouldn't even need a Bible: he could write one! A man with the Comforter wouldn't need any help "recalling" scripture: what such a fella wrote would BE scripture!

"But the Comforter, even the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all that I said unto you."

5. Has the Comforter Himself TAUGHT you anything, aside from what you could have learned from the Bible?

6. Who, in your estimation, might have the Comforter today - other than a WatchTower follower?

Six little questions. Watch how many are answered in an honest and straight-forward manner.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
Blade-of-Truth
Posts: 5,024
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2014 4:23:57 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/30/2014 2:12:06 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 9/30/2014 2:04:09 AM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:
The government also has the technology to make it seem as if you are hearing voices from within your own head.

Religions have been doing that for thousands of years.
Don't sweat it.

Lol.
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
Blade-of-Truth
Posts: 5,024
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2014 4:24:22 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/30/2014 3:51:33 AM, Beastt wrote:
R O F L !!!!

Wow!

Mind-blowing stuff right here. That's how I roll bro.
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
Blade-of-Truth
Posts: 5,024
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2014 4:41:45 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/30/2014 7:36:19 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 9/30/2014 2:04:09 AM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:
I was reading the book of Revelations today, as I normally do before bedtime, and it struck me that the return of Christ is a tricky thing.


Sorry, I have had to cut so much of this out to have room to reply.

Depends what you refer to as the second coming.

The one Christ and his disciples referred to most often has already happened, and took place as prophesied in 1914, though as Christ also intimated it was not an outstandingly visible event, recognised only by those who knew what they were looking for.

Wow, really? Can you please expand on this? This is the first time I've heard anything like this and you've seriously caught my attention.

However, Revelation describes a totally different "return", this time with his father's army of angels, to destroy human government and false religion , as well as removing all signs of Satan's works from the earth.

So, if this is the case then there wouldn't be anything governments could do to stop or imitate the 2nd coming? I can understand that.

However coming on the end of a great tribulation, so great that it threatens the whole of life on the earth, Armageddon, frightening as it will be, will still be a relief to those who know what it stands for.

Therefore people like me approach the thought of Armageddon in the same way we approach a serious operation. We look forward to the recovery period after it, accepting what we will have to go through first, but not expecting to enjoy it.

That's a wise way to look at it.

Even when he was on earth before, as a human, the scribes and pharisees found it impossible to capture him until he was ready to be captured.

You've got a point there. It did take the betrayal from his inner circle for his capture to happen, and even then he gave himself up willingly.

However you have obviously been struck by the one thing that stood out to me as a child.

A physical return to earth is completely impractical.

Even at about 10 years of age it struck me that the first thing that would happen when he revealed himself would be that they would try to put him in a lunatic asylum, the fate often reserved for all who have tried to claim to be him in the past.

Okay, so we basically had the same thoughts then.

When he came to earth in the first century he told people that he had come, not to bring peace to the earth but a sword, though not a literal sword.

Matthew 10:34-36
ASV(i) 34 Think not that I came to send peace on the earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword. 35 For I came to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law: 36 and a mans foes shall be they of his own household.

No, he simply knew that belief in him would split families apart, as it does today for True Christians, all too often. People usually blame the believers but the truth is usually that if they were left to their beliefs it would not cause a problem.

That's true.

Oh yes, Satan tries, and even more often tries, all too successfully. to fool people into thinking that his ministers are actually Christ's ministers

Okay, that's what I've thought. It's just that if I was Satan, I'd totally trick people into believing I was the real God. That's also only my own limitations of evil, considering it's Satan, it probably goes beyond into evil that I can't even fathom.

Matthew 7:21-23
ASV(i) 21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy by thy name, and by thy name cast out demons, and by thy name do many mighty works? 23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

2 Corinthians 11:14-15
ASV(i) 14 And no marvel; for even Satan fashioneth himself into an angel of light. 15 It is no great thing therefore if his ministers also fashion themselves as ministers of righteousness, whose end shall be according to their works.

That means that the onus is on us to decide which is real and which false, and scripture is the only means we have of doing so. It is the only "litmus test" for teachings that are acceptable or not.

That's what I figured. I mean, because I'm knowledgeable of the scripture I know that whoever comes first is most likely the anti-christ. I'm just worried that the majority won't realize this due to either a lack of knowledge of the Bible or just awestruck by the first miracle worker to walk this earth in thousands of years.

Difficult?

Yes for humans on their own, it is in fact impossible.

However pray hard enough, and sincerely enough for God to reveal himself and his people to you, and in his own good time he will.

James 1:5-8
ASV(i) 5 But if any of you lacketh wisdom, let him ask of God, who giveth to all liberally and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him. 6 But let him ask in faith, nothing doubting: for he that doubteth is like the surge of the sea driven by the wind and tossed. 7 For let not that man think that he shall receive anything of the Lord; 8 a doubleminded man, unstable in all his ways.

Always remember one important thing.

It is actually in his interest, or at least in the interest of his purposes, to bring all honest hearted people to his side, so if you trust in him, as the scripture above says, he will arrange for his son to send holy spirit to guide you to his side, often by directing one of his people to you, just as he directed Philip to the Ethiopian Eunuch.

Acts 8:26-31
ASV(i) 26 But an angel of the Lord spake unto Philip, saying, Arise, and go toward the south unto the way that goeth down from Jerusalem unto Gaza: the same is desert. 27 And he arose and went: and behold, a man of Ethiopia, a eunuch of great authority under Candace, queen of the Ethiopians, who was over all her treasure, who had come to Jerusalem to worship; 28 and he was returning and sitting in his chariot, and was reading the prophet Isaiah. 29 And the Spirit said unto Philip, Go near, and join thyself to this chariot. 30 And Philip ran to him, and heard him reading Isaiah the prophet, and said, Understandest thou what thou readest? 31 And he said, How can I, except some one shall guide me? And he besought Philip to come up and sit with him.

I now from personal experience that this works, just as God said it would. I also know from personal experience that, just as Christ said, you will get a lot of opposition wherever you turn.

Thank you for your thoughtful and thorough reply. I appreciate it and look forward to your response.
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
Blade-of-Truth
Posts: 5,024
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2014 4:43:09 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/30/2014 7:37:39 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 9/30/2014 2:12:06 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 9/30/2014 2:04:09 AM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:
The government also has the technology to make it seem as if you are hearing voices from within your own head.

Religions have been doing that for thousands of years.
Don't sweat it.

Yes, but fortunately God doesn't, so if you are hearing voices they certainly don;t come from God.

Holy spirit is not used in that way.

Why not? I mean, why doesn't God walk and talk with us anymore like he used to in Biblical times? That's one of the biggest objects blocking my path to truly believing... the stories in the Bible really show the interaction God used to have with people. Why'd that stop?
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2014 4:45:13 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/30/2014 3:36:07 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 9/30/2014 3:23:25 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

Scripture was recorded for all of us who choose to become disciples.

Sure it was, but you aren't fool enough to think that the promise of the Comforter was to YOU, are you? If so, why don't you go build an ark? After all, God told Noah to do so.

I wouold be a fool t

I do what holy spirit is sent to me to do, as did the Apostles. If hoy spirit guided me into building an Ark, I would, but an Ark in the literal sense is not what is needed, However eh spiritual Ark is what I am helping to build, as are Jehovah's Witnesses.


There was no need to record it for those with him, they could hear it from his own lips, it only needed to be recorded for those of us who came after. his scripture, all of it, applies to all who God counts as a part of his Israel, not the Satanic counterfeit which is busy fighting for it's life at the moment, but the real Israel of God which does not need to fight for itself because God really is with us, and will protect us even if only by hiding us in death until the resurrection.

That has nothing to do with the fact that only those disciples, the apostles, standing there with Jesus were to receive the "another Comforter".

It means that is not the only ones who were. After all, all in the upper room got holy spirit and there were a lot more than 12 there, in fact about 3,000 were added. Paul got holy spirit, and he wasn't there. Cornelius and his associates got holy spirit, even before they were baptised and they weren't with Jesus. In fact all who commit to serving God and Christ get holy spirit as needed. Always have, always will.

Very fond of telling God what he can and can;t do aren't you.


Holy spirit was promised to all who truly put faith in him and requested it, and yes, that includes me.

The Comforter aspect of the Spirit was not promised to all, was it?


Yes Christ put no restriction on it, if he had there would have been no need fro it to be recorded for us.

I know you hate that thought but it is true none the less and I have had a lot of evidence to prove it in my life. It is also used to give us the promised wisdom of God (James 1:5-8). A wisdom you are a long way from enjoying.

Pfffffffffft. You are divorced old man whose own kids scarcely speak to him. If your life is any evidence of the workings of the Comforter, then I'd hate to see what happens to those without it.


My past is not, my present is.

You will not only see what happens to those without it, you will experience it first hand unless you wake up to the truth, and accept the offer of help God and Christ gave to all who wish to serve them.

In fact that was precisely what it was promised to do, to recall to their minds things they have read and learned in the past,

The promise says not one word about recalling things you've "read and learned" in the past.


No? what is to be recalled to mind, or brought to our remembrance, of not what we have learned in the past? If we have not learned it in the past, then it is not possible to recall it.

John 14:26-30
ASV(i) 26 But the Comforter, even the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all that I said unto you.


That is why it is used to recall things to mind, because we have made the effort to put them there and that effort is rewarded by having them brought back to our minds when we need them.

The Comforter was never promised to help people recall things they have read.

Again you demonstrate your complete ignorance of how God and Christ work, as well as what holy spirit is and how it is used.

At present, I'm busy demonstrating YOUR ignorance.


And simply demonstrating yours instead.

Tell us, MadCornish, .... you be SURE and tell us ... do you have the "another Comforter" or not?

I have holy spirit, when I need it to do God's work, the only comforter other than Christ himself
.

You claim to - and cite as "evidence" your own mouth! You inform us that you are too stupid to recall scriptures on your own. Well, I do not sense that anyone here will deny that, but I think we'll all have to deny that you have an supernatural help in recalling scriptures.


You deny scripture and yet that is true. I tell you the truth, and yet you do not recognise it. That says a lot for you.

John 5:47
ASV(i) 47 But if ye believe not his writings, how shall ye believe my words?

You do not believe the word of God, why should you believe my words even though they come from his word?

Continued in next post:
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2014 4:45:23 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/30/2014 3:36:07 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 9/30/2014 3:23:25 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

Continued from previous post:

1. Do you have the "another Comforter"?

I have holy spirit to guide me when I need it for God's purposes.


2. If so, who or what was your first Comforter, and when did He or it leave you?


There really is only the one comforter other than Christ himself, and that is holy spirit which is an it not a he.

The personalisation of holy spirit means no more than the personalisation in scripture of blood, water, wisdom, odr God;s word. None are sentient beings, none.

3. How many words has Jesus Christ directly spoken to you?

As many as are in scripture, scne the bible is a personal message from God to his servants through the offices of his son who passed it down to mankind.


4. Give any passages that promise that a Comforter will help anyone recall a scripture.

John 14:26-30
ASV(i) 26 But the Comforter, even the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all that I said unto you.


Now if someone wants to watch a joke in action, just watch MadCornish's answers to those questions - if he bothers to answer.

Why, a man that had the Comforter wouldn't even need a Bible: he could write one! A man with the Comforter wouldn't need any help "recalling" scripture: what such a fella wrote would BE scripture!

"But the Comforter, even the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all that I said unto you."

5. Has the Comforter Himself TAUGHT you anything, aside from what you could have learned from the Bible?

It has helped me see the truth of what is in the bible, there is nothing more that a servant of God needs.

2 Timothy 3:16-17
ASV(i) 16 Every scripture inspired of God is also profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for instruction which is in righteousness. 17 That the man of God may be complete, furnished completely unto every good work.

6. Who, in your estimation, might have the Comforter today - other than a WatchTower follower?

Only those who truly serve Christ and recognise the truth of who and what Christ truly is will ever get holy spirit, since it is only sent to those who wish to serve God his way.

So far the JWs are the only ones eligible and since God only ever deals through one organisation there is no reason why there should be another.

John 17:20-23
ASV(i) 20 Neither for these only do I pray, but for them also that believe on me through their word; 21 that they may all be one; even as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be in us: that the world may believe that thou didst send me. 22 And the glory which thou hast given me I have given unto them; that they may be one, even as we are one; 23 I in them, and thou in me, that they may be perfected into one; that the world may know that thou didst send me, and lovedst them, even as thou lovedst me.

or as Paul put it:

1 Corinthians 1:10
ASV(i) 10 Now I beseech you, brethren, through the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfected together in the same mind and in the same judgment.

One mind, one line of thought, one organisation.

Natural Israel was one organisation until it proved so unfaithful that it lost God's favour and he allowed it to disintegrate leaving only Judah protected so the Messiah could be born into that line as foretold.

Why would he need more than one organisation? If they are untied as Christ and Paul want they would all be one organisation anyway.

Six little questions. Watch how many are answered in an honest and straight-forward manner.

I always answer honestly, as for straight forward,, I leave that between you and God. If he wants it to appear straight forward, it will.

You see, unlike you I trust him to do what is best for his purposes and that includes attracting to his son's side any he thinks will be of use to him in achieving that purpose.
Blade-of-Truth
Posts: 5,024
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2014 4:54:04 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/30/2014 3:08:55 PM, LogicalLunatic wrote:
At 9/30/2014 2:04:09 AM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:
I was reading the book of Revelations today, as I normally do before bedtime, and it struck me that the return of Christ is a tricky thing.

Here's some of the reasons that it might be difficult:

1) What if a government agency kidnaps him?

Let's be real for a minute, if a man on Earth starts walking on water, or performing any of the miracles that Christ did in the past, do you honestly believe government men won't be on him like a fly to a hot dog?

In China, they've already kidnapped the next Tibetan Dali Lama, and have instead planted their own Chinese one. This is well-known for anyone up-to-date on eastern religious affairs. So if Christ returns there - well, goodbye. In America as well, do you think our government agencies like the Pentagon, CIA, DIA, NSA or any other intelligence agency won't be interested in studying him?

What if Jesus lands in North Korea, where the people worship their own leader as God, do you think they'd allow a miracle worker to walk their lands while proclaiming himself to be the Son of the true God?

It would seem to me that it'd be very risky business for someone to expose themselves as a true miracle worker with so many organizations, governments, or power hungry individuals - all of whom are unwilling to give up their power and control.

2) The Devil tricks everyone into believing he's Christ.

Another serious problem I see. So many people in this world are starved for meaning and purpose. With the recent explosion of celebrity worship occurring in most western and even eastern societies, it's very reasonable to assume that whoever reveals themselves as a miracle worker first - is the one who will receive the glory (should he not fall prey to scenario 1, presented above).

If accepted into society instead of kidnapped, you can bet that major networks will thrust that person into the spotlight to reap the rewards of high viewership. That person will most likely have countless celebrities worshiping him as well, which will automatically bring in the fans of the celebrities who are worshiping him.

So, what if it's the anti-Christ just playing the role of Christ? If you've read the Bible you know that the anti-Christ will be a miracle worker as well. If I was the anti-Christ, I'd want to trick people into believing I'm God. Now, while some of the true Christians will acknowledge that the first miracle worker is most likely the anti-Christ since Christ's return is told to occur afterwards, it doesn't change the fact that a majority of the population will fall prey to the miracles he's performing.

We'll have a majority of the world following the wrong person, and it'll mostly be because he was the first person to perform truly awesome works since the time of Christ in the Bible. What will occur if this miracle worker fools leaders who have access to nuclear weaponry? Maybe heal one of those leaders sick children right before their eyes... relieve the pope of his office and take control over the vast treasures and resources of the Vatican... the possible scenarios are endless but all possible solely because he'll be the first to arrive and be able to "wow" the world.

3) What if the government beats them too it.

Holographic projection technology is real and on the rise. The government also has the technology to make it seem as if you are hearing voices from within your own head. Both of these technologies are well documented and can be found with a simple Google search. They've even got holograms of Tupac at concerts... if they are allowing a technology to be consumed by the general public, you can bet the military is ATLEAST 20 years ahead. Heck they've even got invisible cloaking tech - https://www.youtube.com...
Might as well also mention their soundwave tech capable of cooking your insides using soundwaves. Coming soon to your local sheriffs office for riot control (albeit a less deadly form of the technology).
Almost everything we get as technological products were used by the military or atleast passed through their filters before pushed into the public sphere. Need I remind you that the internet was the brainchild of U.S. Navy intelligence? Yeah, who owns the internet? Uncle Sam, literally. I now introduce Project Blue Beam.

http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

With each of these 3 scenarios present, I feel that the 2nd coming is trickier than we generally think. What are your thoughts on each scenario and how might each challenge be overcome by Christ?

Please quit it with the Project Bluebeam. That is widely considered a conspiracy theory. But to answer your question...

http://listverse.com...

It's only a conspiracy until proven true. Unfortunately, it's not so easy to prove something that is purposely kept in the dark.

1. You cannot kidnap God.

Would it be God or would it be the physical manifestation of his son, Jesus? If he is in human form, I don't see why it would be so hard.

2. The real Jesus would react to media coverage in a very different way than Satan would. And, whenever I heard "Jesus" talking about how all religions are equal and homosexuality is good, I'd know instantly that this guy was the Antichrist.

That's a good point.
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2014 4:57:53 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/30/2014 4:43:09 PM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:
At 9/30/2014 7:37:39 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 9/30/2014 2:12:06 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 9/30/2014 2:04:09 AM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:
The government also has the technology to make it seem as if you are hearing voices from within your own head.

Religions have been doing that for thousands of years.
Don't sweat it.

Yes, but fortunately God doesn't, so if you are hearing voices they certainly don;t come from God.

Holy spirit is not used in that way.

Why not? I mean, why doesn't God walk and talk with us anymore like he used to in Biblical times? That's one of the biggest objects blocking my path to truly believing... the stories in the Bible really show the interaction God used to have with people. Why'd that stop?

Because everything he needs to say to us is in the bible.

It actually takes a lot of explaining, but basically, God stopped dealing directly with mankind the day Adam sinned, and since then everything was delegated to his son.

Will he ever have such rapport with us again?

Revelation chapters 20-22 say YES, and tell us roughly when. When this earth is once again as clean as he intended it to be, and so is humanity.

The trouble is that your question, good as it is, takes the whole bible to answer.

I will put a few links on here to what I believe will help you, but please check everything they say in as many translations as you feel like (http://studybible.info... is a good place to find translations).

I can promise you there is not one question I cannot answer from scripture, though to some the answer may be simply that we do not need to know, possibly just not yet.

However I suggest that you start with this and see what you think.

http://wol.jw.org...

However, please remember above all that it is your decision and yours alone. but at least look and see what you think. Don;t let anyone influence you either way, least of all me.

There are a whole host of publications on here to help you, including another bible translation and a reference bible.

http://wol.jw.org...

and their basic site is here.

http://www.jw.org...

As I say, up to you, but have a look. No cost, no obligation, no registration, nothing to lose but your ignorance, such as it is.
annanicole
Posts: 19,785
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2014 4:58:26 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/30/2014 4:45:13 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 9/30/2014 3:36:07 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 9/30/2014 3:23:25 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

Scripture was recorded for all of us who choose to become disciples.

Sure it was, but you aren't fool enough to think that the promise of the Comforter was to YOU, are you? If so, why don't you go build an ark? After all, God told Noah to do so.

I wouold be a fool t

I do what holy spirit is sent to me to do, as did the Apostles.

That's great because the "another Comforter" is not and was not ever sent to you at all.



There was no need to record it for those with him, they could hear it from his own lips, it only needed to be recorded for those of us who came after. his scripture, all of it, applies to all who God counts as a part of his Israel, not the Satanic counterfeit which is busy fighting for it's life at the moment, but the real Israel of God which does not need to fight for itself because God really is with us, and will protect us even if only by hiding us in death until the resurrection.

That has nothing to do with the fact that only those disciples, the apostles, standing there with Jesus were to receive the "another Comforter".

It means that is not the only ones who were. After all, all in the upper room got holy spirit and there were a lot more than 12 there,

No, they didn't - and there's right where you're wrong again. Doesn't "holy spirit" help you with simple grammar?

"And when the day of Pentecost was now come, they were all together in one place. And suddenly there came from heaven a sound as of the rushing of a mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting. And there appeared unto them tongues parting asunder, like as of fire; and it sat upon each one of them. And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance."

Point #1: it is a matter of fact that the antecedent of the pronoun "they" in verse 1 is "apostles" in Acts 1: 26. Not a single grammarian will tell you any differently.

Yet you claim this "Comforter" is guiding you right into claiming that "all in the upper room got holy spirit and there were a lot more than 12 there", which brings us to Point #2.

Point #2: Upon hearing the apostles speak in other tongues, certain Jews said, "And they were all amazed and marvelled, saying, Behold, are not all these that speak Galilaeans?" (Acts 1: 7)

From this we learn that: (1) every person who spoke in a tongue was male, and (2) every male was ... what? ... Galilean!

This describes the apostles perfectly, but to hear you tell it, you think they were talking about "there was a multitude of persons gathered together, about a hundred and twenty".

Why don't you invoke some "Comforter" guidance and tell us the antecedent of the pronoun "they" in Acts 2: 1? C'mon now. Tell us.

Does the statement "there was a multitude of persons gathered together, about a hundred and twenty" likely describe a group of only-male Galileans?
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
annanicole
Posts: 19,785
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2014 5:07:48 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/30/2014 4:45:13 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 9/30/2014 3:36:07 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 9/30/2014 3:23:25 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:


Cornelius and his associates got holy spirit, even before they were baptised and they weren't with Jesus. In fact all who commit to serving God and Christ get holy spirit as needed. Always have, always will.

Are you trying to tell us that Cornelius received the Comforter?

Are you trying to imply that every person who received the Holy Spirit also and at the same time received the Comforter?

Holy spirit was promised to all who truly put faith in him and requested it, and yes, that includes me.

The Comforter aspect of the Spirit was not promised to all, was it?


Yes Christ put no restriction on it, if he had there would have been no need fro it to be recorded for us.

Oh, BS. He promised it to the apostles for a very specific reason.

I know you hate that thought but it is true none the less and I have had a lot of evidence to prove it in my life. It is also used to give us the promised wisdom of God (James 1:5-8). A wisdom you are a long way from enjoying.

Pfffffffffft. You are divorced old man whose own kids scarcely speak to him. If your life is any evidence of the workings of the Comforter, then I'd hate to see what happens to those without it.


My past is not, my present is.

All of this happened to you AFTER you claim the Comforter was aiding you. Could you explain how a fellow with the Comforter could wind up in such a shape?

In fact that was precisely what it was promised to do, to recall to their minds things they have read and learned in the past,

The promise says not one word about recalling things you've "read and learned" in the past.


No? what is to be recalled to mind, or brought to our remembrance, of not what we have learned in the past? If we have not learned it in the past, then it is not possible to recall it.

The passage says, "bring to your remembrance all that I said unto you". It doesn't say a word about "recall things you've READ", does it?

John 14:26-30
ASV(i) 26 But the Comforter, even the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all that I said unto you.


That is why it is used to recall things to mind, because we have made the effort to put them there and that effort is rewarded by having them brought back to our minds when we need them.

The Comforter was never promised to help people recall things they have read.

Again you demonstrate your complete ignorance of how God and Christ work, as well as what holy spirit is and how it is used.

At present, I'm busy demonstrating YOUR ignorance.


And simply demonstrating yours instead.

Uh huh. By demonstrating that by the wonders of WatchTower stupidity, "bring to your remembrance all that I said unto you" becomes "help you recall things you have read."

Tell us, MadCornish, .... you be SURE and tell us ... do you have the "another Comforter" or not?

I have holy spirit, when I need it to do God's work, the only comforter other than Christ himself

I asked you very plainly. Do you have "another Comforter"? I didn't ask you if you think you have "holy spirit" or not.
.

You claim to - and cite as "evidence" your own mouth! You inform us that you are too stupid to recall scriptures on your own. Well, I do not sense that anyone here will deny that, but I think we'll all have to deny that you have an supernatural help in recalling scriptures.


You deny scripture and yet that is true. I tell you the truth, and yet you do not recognise it. That says a lot for you.

John 5:47
ASV(i) 47 But if ye believe not his writings, how shall ye believe my words?

You do not believe the word of God, why should you believe my words even though they come from his word?

Repeat:

You inform us that you are too stupid to recall scriptures on your own. Well, I do not sense that anyone here will deny that, but I think we'll all have to deny that you have an supernatural help in recalling scriptures.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
annanicole
Posts: 19,785
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2014 5:29:07 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/30/2014 4:45:23 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 9/30/2014 3:36:07 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 9/30/2014 3:23:25 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

Continued from previous post:


1. Do you have the "another Comforter"?

I have holy spirit to guide me when I need it for God's purposes.

I'll ask it again. It's either "yes" or "no". Do you have "another Comforter"? Be sure and answer that. Peter and John and company could honestly answer, "Yes." Can you?


2. If so, who or what was your first Comforter, and when did He or it leave you?


There really is only the one comforter other than Christ himself, and that is holy spirit which is an it not a he.

"It" sure looks like a "he"

"And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may be with you for ever, even the Spirit of truth: whom the world cannot receive; for it beholdeth him not, neither knoweth him: ye know him; for he abideth with you, and shall be in you." (John 14: 16-17)

This "another Comforter" should have brought that passage to your remembrance.


3. How many words has Jesus Christ directly spoken to you?

As many as are in scripture, scne the bible is a personal message from God to his servants through the offices of his son who passed it down to mankind.

"Speaking" through writing hardly qualifies as "directly spoken." I'll repeat the question to you:

How many words has Jesus Christ ever spoken directly to you? I think we'll find that the answer is, "None" - and that your handling of the question is dishonest.


4. Give any passages that promise that a Comforter will help anyone recall a scripture.

John 14:26-30
ASV(i) 26 But the Comforter, even the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all that I said unto you.

Could you try again? Jesus had directly spoken to those people - in person, with His mouth. As such, the Comforter was promised to help them recall what He had said to them - not what someone might have written down.

I'm beginning to wonder if you own a dictionary.


Now if someone wants to watch a joke in action, just watch MadCornish's answers to those questions - if he bothers to answer.

Why, a man that had the Comforter wouldn't even need a Bible: he could write one! A man with the Comforter wouldn't need any help "recalling" scripture: what such a fella wrote would BE scripture!

"But the Comforter, even the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all that I said unto you."

5. Has the Comforter Himself TAUGHT you anything, aside from what you could have learned from the Bible?

It has helped me see the truth of what is in the bible, there is nothing more that a servant of God needs.

Oh, so now we learn from the rambling, evasive answers of MCB that the Holy Spirit inspired a Bible which is pretty much just muddled-up until the Holy Spirit knocks along and "helps me see" the truth of what the Holy Spirit muddled-up so badly the first time. That's the position of these fellas.

2 Timothy 3:16-17
ASV(i) 16 Every scripture inspired of God is also profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for instruction which is in righteousness. 17 That the man of God may be complete, furnished completely unto every good work.

Says not a thing in the world about any "another Comforter" having to come along and enlighten anyone as to what the Bible says.

6. Who, in your estimation, might have the Comforter today - other than a WatchTower follower?

Only those who truly serve Christ and recognise the truth of who and what Christ truly is will ever get holy spirit, since it is only sent to those who wish to serve God his way.

I repeat the question: "Who, in your estimation, might have the Comforter today - other than a WatchTower follower?"

The truth, for anyone who might read this, is that the tard actually thinks the Comforter was working alongside and with Russell, Rutherford, and Knorr as they concocted one error after another - in fact, an entire system of error.

So far the JWs are the only ones eligible

So the group who has screwed up the most is the only eligible group. Good reasoning!

One mind, one line of thought, one organisation.

Yep, and it's certainly not the BotchTower group.

Why would he need more than one organisation?

He doesn't. He has the church. He doesn't need the WatchTower.

Six little questions. Watch how many are answered in an honest and straight-forward manner.

I always answer honestly, as for straight forward,,

Uh huh. I think anyone who reads your answers will note the dishonesty. I asked if Jesus Christ had ever spoken to you directly. You tried to pawn of that reading His words counted as "speaking to you directly." Go back and answer it again.

You see, unlike you I trust him to do what is best for his purposes and that includes attracting to his son's side any he thinks will be of use to him in achieving that purpose.

Uh huh. Well, right now he's got a poor fella who can't even tell us the antecedent of a pronoun and who also thinks that a very specific promise made to a few select individual somehow includes him!

Not only that, you are turning around and having to say that Jesus speaks directly to you when you read words on a page. I'm afraid that's not the meaning of the word eipon (to speak, to say) as in John 14: 26 - and, despite - get his - 900 uses of the word in the NT alone, you can't find a single example where "I have said" means "what has been written down."
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."