Total Posts:10|Showing Posts:1-10
Jump to topic:

Reality 14:1..The fool hath said in his heart

SNP1
Posts: 2,403
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2014 10:22:02 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
The fool hath said in his heart that there is a god. Logic.

***NOTE***
This is only a parody of LMGIG's thread. Do not take it as being serious.
#TheApatheticNihilistPartyofAmerica
#WarOnDDO
MonetaryOffset
Posts: 559
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2014 10:23:57 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/1/2014 10:22:02 AM, SNP1 wrote:
The fool hath said in his heart that there is a god. Logic.



***NOTE***
This is only a parody of LMGIG's thread. Do not take it as being serious.

I don't see what you're intending to accomplish by posting this. I think LMGIG is as crazy -- or as trollish, depending on your perspective -- but I fail to see the benefit of this. Maybe I'm crazy for thinking the religion forum isn't a lost cause, or I haven't posted here enough to know.
~JMK

9:43 P.M. EST, Nov 5, 2014: I became a basic white girl.
SNP1
Posts: 2,403
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2014 10:26:05 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/1/2014 10:23:57 AM, MonetaryOffset wrote:
At 10/1/2014 10:22:02 AM, SNP1 wrote:
The fool hath said in his heart that there is a god. Logic.



***NOTE***
This is only a parody of LMGIG's thread. Do not take it as being serious.

I don't see what you're intending to accomplish by posting this. I think LMGIG is as crazy -- or as trollish, depending on your perspective -- but I fail to see the benefit of this. Maybe I'm crazy for thinking the religion forum isn't a lost cause, or I haven't posted here enough to know.

Sorry, I was simply bored because the religion forum is a lost cause.

I joined this forum for religion and science, but the science section is dead (unless it is about creationism vs evolution or creationism vs abiogenesis), and the religion section is a lost cause. There is almost nothing keeping me here except boredom and the hope that the religious trolls will end up leaving.
#TheApatheticNihilistPartyofAmerica
#WarOnDDO
MonetaryOffset
Posts: 559
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2014 10:28:10 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/1/2014 10:26:05 AM, SNP1 wrote:
Sorry, I was simply bored because the religion forum is a lost cause.

I joined this forum for religion and science, but the science section is dead (unless it is about creationism vs evolution or creationism vs abiogenesis), and the religion section is a lost cause. There is almost nothing keeping me here except boredom and the hope that the religious trolls will end up leaving.

Ah, ok. I think Wylted tried something similar a few months ago -- his infamous "war on the religion forum" -- and he ended up coming to the same conclusion as you. It's quite unfortunate that the science forum isn't too active. There are quite a few people I'm aware of who are quite well-versed in it, and I'm sure would be able to jumpstart that forum again.
~JMK

9:43 P.M. EST, Nov 5, 2014: I became a basic white girl.
SNP1
Posts: 2,403
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2014 10:31:26 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/1/2014 10:28:10 AM, MonetaryOffset wrote:
At 10/1/2014 10:26:05 AM, SNP1 wrote:
Sorry, I was simply bored because the religion forum is a lost cause.

I joined this forum for religion and science, but the science section is dead (unless it is about creationism vs evolution or creationism vs abiogenesis), and the religion section is a lost cause. There is almost nothing keeping me here except boredom and the hope that the religious trolls will end up leaving.

Ah, ok. I think Wylted tried something similar a few months ago -- his infamous "war on the religion forum" -- and he ended up coming to the same conclusion as you. It's quite unfortunate that the science forum isn't too active. There are quite a few people I'm aware of who are quite well-versed in it, and I'm sure would be able to jumpstart that forum again.

But there are not enough people well-versed in science, or a wide enough variety to jump start it again. It was attempted at least 3 times since I have joined this site (on a smaller scale, but still).

This site is becoming too overrun with trolls. I think that we need another moderator or two to help out. Maybe make a moderator that works specifically on the forums to help prevent trolling.
#TheApatheticNihilistPartyofAmerica
#WarOnDDO
MonetaryOffset
Posts: 559
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2014 10:33:12 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/1/2014 10:31:26 AM, SNP1 wrote:
But there are not enough people well-versed in science, or a wide enough variety to jump start it again. It was attempted at least 3 times since I have joined this site (on a smaller scale, but still).


Aw, really? Envisage, Sargon, Subutai and a few others -- e.g., Potbelliedgeek if he ever were to return -- know quite a lot.

This site is becoming too overrun with trolls. I think that we need another moderator or two to help out. Maybe make a moderator that works specifically on the forums to help prevent trolling.

I agree with you fully on the trolls. Adding another mod would be complex, as I'm sure airmax would tell you, but I'm not necessarily opposed to the idea.
~JMK

9:43 P.M. EST, Nov 5, 2014: I became a basic white girl.
SNP1
Posts: 2,403
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2014 10:36:04 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/1/2014 10:33:12 AM, MonetaryOffset wrote:
At 10/1/2014 10:31:26 AM, SNP1 wrote:
But there are not enough people well-versed in science, or a wide enough variety to jump start it again. It was attempted at least 3 times since I have joined this site (on a smaller scale, but still).


Aw, really? Envisage, Sargon, Subutai and a few others

There are some, but I do not see them actually being able to restart it. We need more (or at least more people that wish to discuss science that has nothing to do with religion).

-- e.g., Potbelliedgeek if he ever were to return -- know quite a lot.

Why did he leave?

This site is becoming too overrun with trolls. I think that we need another moderator or two to help out. Maybe make a moderator that works specifically on the forums to help prevent trolling.

I agree with you fully on the trolls. Adding another mod would be complex, as I'm sure airmax would tell you, but I'm not necessarily opposed to the idea.

I know it would be complex, but it would be more helpful in the end.
#TheApatheticNihilistPartyofAmerica
#WarOnDDO
MonetaryOffset
Posts: 559
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2014 10:37:45 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/1/2014 10:36:04 AM, SNP1 wrote:
There are some, but I do not see them actually being able to restart it. We need more (or at least more people that wish to discuss science that has nothing to do with religion).


Perhaps. Unfortunately I have no background in it, or I'd join in.

-- e.g., Potbelliedgeek if he ever were to return -- know quite a lot.

Why did he leave?


He was busy with real-life stuff, if I recall correctly.

This site is becoming too overrun with trolls. I think that we need another moderator or two to help out. Maybe make a moderator that works specifically on the forums to help prevent trolling.

I agree with you fully on the trolls. Adding another mod would be complex, as I'm sure airmax would tell you, but I'm not necessarily opposed to the idea.

I know it would be complex, but it would be more helpful in the end.

Perhaps.
~JMK

9:43 P.M. EST, Nov 5, 2014: I became a basic white girl.
SNP1
Posts: 2,403
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2014 10:39:29 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/1/2014 10:37:45 AM, MonetaryOffset wrote:
At 10/1/2014 10:36:04 AM, SNP1 wrote:
There are some, but I do not see them actually being able to restart it. We need more (or at least more people that wish to discuss science that has nothing to do with religion).


Perhaps. Unfortunately I have no background in it, or I'd join in.

I would love to talk about the multiverse theory, interstellar travel, etc. But when those topics are made, they die fast.

-- e.g., Potbelliedgeek if he ever were to return -- know quite a lot.

Why did he leave?


He was busy with real-life stuff, if I recall correctly.

That sucks. He was actually pretty cool.
#TheApatheticNihilistPartyofAmerica
#WarOnDDO
MonetaryOffset
Posts: 559
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2014 10:41:33 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/1/2014 10:39:29 AM, SNP1 wrote:
At 10/1/2014 10:37:45 AM, MonetaryOffset wrote:
At 10/1/2014 10:36:04 AM, SNP1 wrote:
There are some, but I do not see them actually being able to restart it. We need more (or at least more people that wish to discuss science that has nothing to do with religion).


Perhaps. Unfortunately I have no background in it, or I'd join in.

I would love to talk about the multiverse theory, interstellar travel, etc. But when those topics are made, they die fast.


Lol, I'm reading about those right now, actually. Completely above my head!

-- e.g., Potbelliedgeek if he ever were to return -- know quite a lot.

Why did he leave?


He was busy with real-life stuff, if I recall correctly.

That sucks. He was actually pretty cool.

I completely agree. Hopefully he'll return soon.
~JMK

9:43 P.M. EST, Nov 5, 2014: I became a basic white girl.