Jump to topic:

me the religious freak :)

Kahvan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2010 5:11:07 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
I may be behind the times but I just now realized that GodSands left this site. In that thread it was mentioned how he was run off and how poeple wished for a religious person who would defend his views. I think that I can make some good arguments. So please post one issue at a time to discuss with me. I ask that if you have more than one issue to discuss make more than one post and please be patient as I am not as active as I probably should be on this site.
Koopin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2010 5:22:05 AM
How come in the Book of Mormon it says that there were battles fought in the new world with horses? Horses did not even come to America till the 1500's. There are no bones at all in the land of horses, indicating that the book of Mormon is in fact wrong.
kfc
Kahvan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2010 5:24:04 AM
At 4/7/2010 5:22:05 AM, Koopin wrote:
How come in the Book of Mormon it says that there were battles fought in the new world with horses? Horses did not even come to America till the 1500's. There are no bones at all in the land of horses, indicating that the book of Mormon is in fact wrong.

Would you provide the scriptural reference so that I can read what you are reading and come up with an effiecient answer? :)
Puck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2010 5:38:20 AM
There are no bones at all in the land of horses, indicating that the book of Mormon is in fact wrong.

Horses returned to the Americas with Columbus. North America had its own equine genera, though they had become extinct, the last around 11 000 years ago.
Puck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2010 5:50:32 AM
Qu.1 If divinely inspired, why the textual changes through the editions?

Qu.2 You are aware a fair bit is copied from other sources right? :P
Zetsubou
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2010 6:31:09 AM
You can't defend the Abramic God.

It's thats simple.

If DATCOMTO leaves you won't have a Chistian to make fun of every day.
'sup DDO -- july 2013
Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2010 7:05:47 AM
At 4/7/2010 5:50:32 AM, Puck wrote:

I asked my pasture that once about the differences in the Gosples. he said that I was aurguing the difference between divenly inspired and divinly possesed.

if the holy spirit is credited with writing the books in the sense of he wispered each word in the writers ears, then thats diven possesion witch some christians are prepared to argue but we methodist are not.
So by divinly inspired, we refer to the drive the holy spirit provides that motivates us to write down something in paticular. and it drives us crazy until we get it out, until we tell as many people in the most effecint way that we can.
But because of that context of time and place remain very important in considering what scripture means.
One act of Rebellion created all the darkness and evil in the world; One life of Total Obedience created a path back to eternity and God.

A Scout is Obedient.
Freeman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2010 9:08:01 AM

Well done Koopin. Now, can you do the same with the Bible?
Chancellor of Propaganda and Foreign Relations in the Franklin administration.

"I intend to live forever. So far, so good." -- Steven Wright
Kahvan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2010 9:25:17 AM
At 4/7/2010 5:38:20 AM, Puck wrote:
There are no bones at all in the land of horses, indicating that the book of Mormon is in fact wrong.

Horses returned to the Americas with Columbus. North America had its own equine genera, though they had become extinct, the last around 11 000 years ago.

Thank you
Kahvan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2010 9:26:13 AM
At 4/7/2010 5:50:32 AM, Puck wrote:
Specifically wich textual changes.

Qu.2 You are aware a fair bit is copied from other sources right? :P
Some of it is the same because the plates that he was translating from had exact copies some of wich were in the bible. Yes i am aware some of it is exactly the same. :)
Kahvan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2010 9:26:57 AM
At 4/7/2010 6:31:09 AM, Zetsubou wrote:

It's thats simple.

I can defend a god though it depends on the god we are talking about. I view the Abrahamic god alittle bit differently from other religions.
Zetsubou
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2010 9:47:07 AM
At 4/7/2010 9:26:57 AM, Kahvan wrote:

It's thats simple.

I can defend a god though it depends on the god we are talking about. I view the Abrahamic god alittle bit differently from other religions.

Common Christian
Islamic
Jewish
Hindu
Almost all Omnipotent and Omniscience Gods.
'sup DDO -- july 2013
Kahvan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2010 9:52:26 AM
At 4/7/2010 9:47:07 AM, Zetsubou wrote:

It's thats simple.

Common Christian
Islamic
Jewish
Hindu

I can defend the god I believe in.
Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2010 10:12:50 AM
At 4/7/2010 9:47:07 AM, Zetsubou wrote:

It's thats simple.

Common Christian
Islamic
Jewish
Hindu

Kahvans god is not Omnipotent, it is not a god that can create. it can only rearange existing matter. I think the term for it is it cant create ex-ne-helos.
One act of Rebellion created all the darkness and evil in the world; One life of Total Obedience created a path back to eternity and God.

A Scout is Obedient.
Kahvan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2010 10:14:23 AM
At 4/7/2010 10:12:50 AM, Marauder wrote:

Kahvans god is not Omnipotent, it is not a god that can create. it can only rearange existing matter. I think the term for it is it cant create ex-ne-helos.

My god cannot do anything, for example he cannot lie. Although i myself do not know what the term is.
Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2010 10:14:46 AM
Kahvan, what created matter before the God was created from the other planet that created our god? What is the name for the God that predates your god and all other planets gods that could create out of nothing?

A Scout is Obedient.
Kahvan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2010 10:17:18 AM
At 4/7/2010 10:14:46 AM, Marauder wrote:
Kahvan, what created matter before the God was created from the other planet that created our god? What is the name for the God that predates your god and all other planets gods that could create out of nothing?

My god has no begining or end. He is the first one so to speak (since we belive that ultimatly he wants us to all become gods as well). The matter he used also has no begining or end. Just as the spirits in our bodies have no begining or end.
Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2010 10:18:36 AM
At 4/7/2010 10:14:23 AM, Kahvan wrote:

My god cannot do anything, for example he cannot lie. Although i myself do not know what the term is.

he cant do anything? not even divide the waters of the red sea? stop the sun in the sky, raise a man from the dead? turn a stick into a snake or crocodile?

A Scout is Obedient.
Kahvan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2010 10:20:07 AM
At 4/7/2010 10:18:36 AM, Marauder wrote:
At 4/7/2010 10:14:23 AM, Kahvan wrote:

he cant do anything? not even divide the waters of the red sea? stop the sun in the sky, raise a man from the dead? turn a stick into a snake or crocodile?

lol, sorry, i mean he cant do anything he wants. he does have limits (such as cant lie). but he can do what you just listed.
Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2010 10:20:48 AM
At 4/7/2010 10:17:18 AM, Kahvan wrote:

My god has no begining or end. He is the first one so to speak (since we belive that ultimatly he wants us to all become gods as well). The matter he used also has no begining or end. Just as the spirits in our bodies have no begining or end.

so when talking about genisis and what happened 'in the beginning...' what do you say there was? that there was God, our spirits right beside god, and matter? all three seperate and independant of the others in origin?

A Scout is Obedient.
Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2010 10:23:22 AM
At 4/7/2010 10:20:07 AM, Kahvan wrote:

I watched on some show say that the mormons say god was a man on another planet with its own god, and he lived a rightous life like a good mormon is supposed to and became a god himself comeing to this planet. Is that teaching changed?

A Scout is Obedient.
Kahvan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2010 10:24:06 AM
At 4/7/2010 10:20:48 AM, Marauder wrote:
At 4/7/2010 10:17:18 AM, Kahvan wrote:

so when talking about genisis and what happened 'in the beginning...' what do you say there was? that there was God, our spirits right beside god, and matter? all three seperate and independant of the others in origin?

In the begingin you had inteligences. god organized these inteligences and we came into ... i guess for lack of a better term at the moment, existence. That is as far back as we currently know.
Kahvan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2010 10:26:43 AM
At 4/7/2010 10:23:22 AM, Marauder wrote:
At 4/7/2010 10:20:07 AM, Kahvan wrote:

I watched on some show say that the mormons say god was a man on another planet with its own god, and he lived a rightous life like a good mormon is supposed to and became a god himself comeing to this planet. Is that teaching changed?

if it is or was a teaching it never reached my ears nor has it reached the ears of other mormons i know.
Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2010 10:28:15 AM
what do I need to do to go to hell?

A Scout is Obedient.
Kahvan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2010 10:30:46 AM
At 4/7/2010 10:28:15 AM, Marauder wrote:

heaven-one of the 3 degrees of glory

outer darkness

to us hell is the inabilty to progress any further.

to go to hell if i remember correctly is to not reach the celestial kingdom but it is definatly so if you go to outer darkness.

To go to hell depends on each individual. if right now you know it wrong to kill someone and you kill someone you will go to "hell"
Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2010 10:34:20 AM
At 4/7/2010 10:30:46 AM, Kahvan wrote:

outer darkness

to go to hell if i remember correctly is to not reach the celestial kingdom but it is definatly so if you go to outer darkness.

To go to hell depends on each individual. if right now you know it wrong to kill someone and you kill someone you will go to "hell"

if hell is the inability to progress, and I kill someone while knowing its wrong, I will go to the lowest heven forever right?

A Scout is Obedient.
Kahvan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2010 10:36:36 AM
At 4/7/2010 10:34:20 AM, Marauder wrote:

outer darkness

if hell is the inability to progress, and I kill someone while knowing its wrong, I will go to the lowest heven forever right?

Maybe not the lowest but definatly not the highest and as far as my understanding goes yes you will be thier forever.
Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2010 10:45:38 AM
At 4/7/2010 10:36:36 AM, Kahvan wrote:
At 4/7/2010 10:34:20 AM, Marauder wrote:

outer darkness

Maybe not the lowest but definatly not the highest and as far as my understanding goes yes you will be thier forever.

what does it take to go to 'outer darkness' and what is outer darness like? is there fire there?

A Scout is Obedient.