Total Posts:13|Showing Posts:1-13
Jump to topic:

Trust in God

MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2014 7:48:57 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Do you really want to know the truth from scripture?

Well God actually wants you to know it, and therefore if you ask him in prayer, and in complete trust in his guidance you will find it.

But you see that is why so many miss otu. They trust in men.

The Jws tell you not to. Not even to trust in them, only in God and scripture.

Why? Because they now only too well that if God accepts your request for wisdom (James 1:5-8) you will find that you have joined them in trusting only in God.

That is why when they teach you what they have found in scripture, they ask you to check it up in the bible before accepting it as truth, just as the Beroeans were highly commended for doing (Act 17:10,11).

God knows that men have messed about with scripture, mostly under the influence of the enemy, Satan, but he will instruct his son to use holy spirit to let you recognise what has been changed and what has not, what fits and what doesn't.

There really is no-one but God you can trust.

Even the JWs, God's own people on this earth, must only be seen as teachers and guides, and everything they teach must be checked in scripture so you can make the truth your own, not just something borrowed and copied from any man. Any translation will do. In the end they all teach the same thing, once the kinks have been ironed out.

OK now stand back and watch Satan's dupes dive in to kill this thread at birth, Satan's usual technique, lol
Burls
Posts: 61
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2014 4:51:09 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Honestly, I doubt God is listening. We contact the Holy Ghost when we pray, whose job it is to cater to us.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2014 5:47:41 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/5/2014 4:51:09 AM, Burls wrote:
Honestly, I doubt God is listening. We contact the Holy Ghost when we pray, whose job it is to cater to us.

I have never been sure whether or not the job of listening to prayers has been delegated to one or more angels, but it makes no difference really, prayers addressed to the right God are heard others put in the little round bin in the corner.

God and Christ never have, and never will desert those faithful to them, though they have taken little or notice of those who aren't for whatever reason, unless they raise their heads above the herd and ask God for help.

If they ask for help for the right reasons they get it, after all, it is for the benefit of God's plan that he does listen to them.

However, if he had abandoned humanity completely humanity would not longer exist, simple as.

If you think of nothing else, remember this. If even one person remains faithful God will listen to him because that one person will be proving Satan wrong. Thus that person will benefit for that reason alone, if not for other reasons.

Judging by his reaction when deciding to flood the earth in Noah's day, God doesn't like losing any more than anyone else does, just that he only ever fights fair.
bulproof
Posts: 25,218
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2014 6:02:00 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/5/2014 5:47:41 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 10/5/2014 4:51:09 AM, Burls wrote:
Honestly, I doubt God is listening. We contact the Holy Ghost when we pray, whose job it is to cater to us.

I have never been sure whether or not the job of listening to prayers has been delegated to one or more angels, but it makes no difference really, prayers addressed to the right God are heard others put in the little round bin in the corner.

God and Christ never have, and never will desert those faithful to them, though they have taken little or notice of those who aren't for whatever reason, unless they raise their heads above the herd and ask God for help.

If they ask for help for the right reasons they get it, after all, it is for the benefit of God's plan that he does listen to them.

However, if he had abandoned humanity completely humanity would not longer exist, simple as.

If you think of nothing else, remember this. If even one person remains faithful God will listen to him because that one person will be proving Satan wrong. Thus that person will benefit for that reason alone, if not for other reasons.

Judging by his reaction when deciding to flood the earth in Noah's day, God doesn't like losing any more than anyone else does, just that he only ever fights fair.

These would be the angels who supply your omniscient, omnipresent god with all the knowledge he possesses.

WooHoo, what a god.

And he made the decision to destroy the world with a flood before he even created a world, but you claim it was a reaction.
hahahahahahahahaah
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Composer
Posts: 5,858
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2014 6:06:20 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/5/2014 4:51:09 AM, Burls wrote:
Honestly, I doubt God is listening. We contact the Holy Ghost when we pray, whose job it is to cater to us.

At 10/5/2014 5:47:41 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
I have never been sure whether or not the job of listening to prayers has been delegated to one or more angels, but it makes no difference really, prayers addressed to the right God are heard others put in the little round bin in the corner.

God and Christ never have, and never will desert those faithful to them, though they have taken little or notice of those who aren't for whatever reason, unless they raise their heads above the herd and ask God for help.

If they ask for help for the right reasons they get it, after all, it is for the benefit of God's plan that he does listen to them.

However, if he had abandoned humanity completely humanity would not longer exist, simple as.

If you think of nothing else, remember this. If even one person remains faithful God will listen to him because that one person will be proving Satan wrong. Thus that person will benefit for that reason alone, if not for other reasons.

Judging by his reaction when deciding to flood the earth in Noah's day, God doesn't like losing any more than anyone else does, just that he only ever fights fair.

10/4/2014 7:38:30 AM
At 10/3/2014 2:41:15 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
And I have told you, I have holy spirit to assist me, and that is the comforter that Christ would send. Scripture ois one comforter as Paul said, holy spirit is another, and I have both.

ALL readers can also now & henceforth, totally disregard whatever MCB claims regarding his ideology. For as we have just read, MCB apparently is supported & instructed by not 1 divine comforter and guider, but 2!

So with these, not 1 but 2 divine guides, MCB then came out with (LOL!) e.g. -

At 10/2/2014 3:57:01 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
. . . . His (i.e. biblical gods) home is the heavens and he does not leave there.

I then proceeded yet again to successfully expose MCB as an idiot, who has no idea that his own propaganda totally refutes him & refutes his 2 supposed divine guides; as this following example taken from his own supposedly preferred propaganda unambiguously proves-

And Jehovah proceeded to go down to see the city and the tower that the sons of men had built. . . . . (Gen. 11:5) Botchtower propaganda

So MCB claimed his not 1 but 2 ' divine guides / comforters ', told him that his god never leaves heaven!

However! fatal to MCB, Gen. 11:5 taken from MCB's own bible propaganda, exposes MCB as a fraud, liar and deceiver, with absolutely NO ' divine privileges ' but only his human carnal arrogance, error and BS ideology!

In other words, readers can forever be assured that whatever MCB claims and asserts regarding his current ideology, it is hereby an unambiguously proven fraudulent one!

QED

&

As far as MCB's other psychotic drivel that he can sustain his Satanic ideology using ANY biblical text. My long outstanding challenge that he does so; using the YLT & his own supposedly preferred Cults publication called the EMPHATIC DIAGLOTT, MCB has also declined that challenge and instead prefers to continue to espouse his lies and dishonesty for all to see!

All in all MCB is a liar, fraud, deceiver and psychotic fool that has been unambiguously defeated by moi and his ideology remains in tatters at my feet and at the feet of even his supposedly own preferred propaganda!

QED
Burls
Posts: 61
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2014 6:36:10 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Given the corrupting nature of power, we could assume that a need exists to continuously be on guard against corruption of the 'word' by the powers that provide it. Besides providing a constant fuel for debate and suspicion, this state of affairs provides the opportunity to witness the struggle between forces of disparate size, with entertainment for all.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2014 7:11:57 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/5/2014 6:36:10 AM, Burls wrote:
Given the corrupting nature of power, we could assume that a need exists to continuously be on guard against corruption of the 'word' by the powers that provide it. Besides providing a constant fuel for debate and suspicion, this state of affairs provides the opportunity to witness the struggle between forces of disparate size, with entertainment for all.

Absolutely. Even as intelligent and powerful a being as the one who became Satan fell foul of that.

Scripture has been messed about, there is no doubting that, the number of translation differences is clear evidence of that. However it should not be too difficult to sort out which is what because the simple rule of thumb is that if it introduces a contradiction then something somewhere is wrong.

But yes we do need to take extreme care, since the opposition is very powerful and can influence even our thoughts if we do not guard against him.

There is noly one way to do so, and that is the theme of this thread. Trust i God, 100% unequivocal trust in teh right God to guide you to him.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2014 7:12:54 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/5/2014 4:51:09 AM, Burls wrote:
Honestly, I doubt God is listening. We contact the Holy Ghost when we pray, whose job it is to cater to us.

Fair enough, but I can guarantee he is. It is in his own interest to do so.
bulproof
Posts: 25,218
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2014 8:37:55 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/5/2014 7:12:54 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 10/5/2014 4:51:09 AM, Burls wrote:
Honestly, I doubt God is listening. We contact the Holy Ghost when we pray, whose job it is to cater to us.

Fair enough, but I can guarantee he is. It is in his own interest to do so.

You actually make the claim that it is impossible for your god to be everywhere and to listen to everyone, so what is your guarantee based on?
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
bornofgod
Posts: 11,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2014 8:55:51 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/4/2014 7:48:57 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
Do you really want to know the truth from scripture?

Well God actually wants you to know it, and therefore if you ask him in prayer, and in complete trust in his guidance you will find it.

But you see that is why so many miss otu. They trust in men.

The Jws tell you not to. Not even to trust in them, only in God and scripture.

Why? Because they now only too well that if God accepts your request for wisdom (James 1:5-8) you will find that you have joined them in trusting only in God.

That is why when they teach you what they have found in scripture, they ask you to check it up in the bible before accepting it as truth, just as the Beroeans were highly commended for doing (Act 17:10,11).

God knows that men have messed about with scripture, mostly under the influence of the enemy, Satan, but he will instruct his son to use holy spirit to let you recognise what has been changed and what has not, what fits and what doesn't.

There really is no-one but God you can trust.

Even the JWs, God's own people on this earth, must only be seen as teachers and guides, and everything they teach must be checked in scripture so you can make the truth your own, not just something borrowed and copied from any man. Any translation will do. In the end they all teach the same thing, once the kinks have been ironed out.

OK now stand back and watch Satan's dupes dive in to kill this thread at birth, Satan's usual technique, lol

Whoever puts their trust in books called the Bible, Quran, Book of Mormon, etc., will die without any knowledge of God. We saints aren't God but we were created as His knowledge, therefore, whatever we speak comes directly from His knowledge called the Word of God, also known as His voice. You can trust every word we write and speak. However, the new testament was NOT produced by us saints. It was produced by false prophets and antichrists called Christians who stole our written and spoken words from the knowledge of God ( Christ ) and used them to force the rest of God's people to listen to them instead of God's voice through the saints.
Cooldudebro
Posts: 383
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2014 9:15:40 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Although I disagree with anyone who believes fully in the Bible, I don't really feel the need to argue it right now.
bornofgod
Posts: 11,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2014 9:21:22 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/5/2014 9:15:40 PM, Cooldudebro wrote:
Although I disagree with anyone who believes fully in the Bible, I don't really feel the need to argue it right now.

Does arguing about the Bible get a man closer to the Truth?
Cooldudebro
Posts: 383
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2014 12:26:16 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Yes because the Bible is not the truth. Thus, you are pulling someone away from something that is wrong. They are then open to the truth. So, the answer to your question, is yes.