Total Posts:41|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

atheists you have convinced me

LogicalLunatic
Posts: 1,633
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2014 11:14:44 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Guys listen to atheistm because it is proven fact that there no eyewitnesses of Jesus and they all ignorant shepherd so they ignorance disprove all things told to them by omniscient God and God genocide maniac who kill holy Canaanite and Amalekite they not deserve death for burning baby on alter it proven fact that burn baby on alter is good so God evil so sayeth atheistm expert Richard Dawkins Carl Sagan Charles Darwin and now my life is without real purpose except to pretend my life have meaningful purpose so now I am liberrate from Christian superstition that cause me to eat babies and believe Earth is flat so atheistm rule and Christian join us in 21 century or be shun from society by atheistm elite professor and we will perform sexual act with your statues of Jesus because we tolerant and you bigot and I atheistm now
A True Work of Art: http://www.debate.org...

Atheist Logic: http://www.debate.org...

Bulproof formally admits to being a troll (Post 16):
http://www.debate.org...
POPOO5560
Posts: 2,487
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2014 11:23:50 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/4/2014 11:14:44 AM, LogicalLunatic wrote:
Guys listen to atheistm because it is proven fact that there no eyewitnesses of Jesus and they all ignorant shepherd so they ignorance disprove all things told to them by omniscient God and God genocide maniac who kill holy Canaanite and Amalekite they not deserve death for burning baby on alter it proven fact that burn baby on alter is good so God evil so sayeth atheistm expert Richard Dawkins Carl Sagan Charles Darwin and now my life is without real purpose except to pretend my life have meaningful purpose so now I am liberrate from Christian superstition that cause me to eat babies and believe Earth is flat so atheistm rule and Christian join us in 21 century or be shun from society by atheistm elite professor and we will perform sexual act with your statues of Jesus because we tolerant and you bigot and I atheistm now

you forgot to erase the "athiest logic" down there signature :D
Never fart near dog
Envisage
Posts: 3,646
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2014 11:26:42 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/4/2014 11:14:44 AM, LogicalLunatic wrote:
Guys listen to atheistm because it is proven fact that there no eyewitnesses of Jesus and they all ignorant shepherd so they ignorance disprove all things told to them by omniscient God and God genocide maniac who kill holy Canaanite and Amalekite they not deserve death for burning baby on alter it proven fact that burn baby on alter is good so God evil so sayeth atheistm expert Richard Dawkins Carl Sagan Charles Darwin and now my life is without real purpose except to pretend my life have meaningful purpose so now I am liberrate from Christian superstition that cause me to eat babies and believe Earth is flat so atheistm rule and Christian join us in 21 century or be shun from society by atheistm elite professor and we will perform sexual act with your statues of Jesus because we tolerant and you bigot and I atheistm now

You know, this is exactly the problem SNP1, and PCP were referring to about the downfall of the religion forum. Threads made purely for the purposes or provocation, or ridicule.

So, the only thought that was going through my head when I read this was "What a d*ckhead".
POPOO5560
Posts: 2,487
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2014 11:31:16 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
and thats it man now you can go and fornicate all night steal as much u want there is no consequence no evil or good anyway no porpuse thats make really sense good luck...
Never fart near dog
ChristianPunk
Posts: 1,710
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2014 11:39:15 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/4/2014 11:14:44 AM, LogicalLunatic wrote:
Guys listen to atheistm because it is proven fact that there no eyewitnesses of Jesus and they all ignorant shepherd so they ignorance disprove all things told to them by omniscient God and God genocide maniac who kill holy Canaanite and Amalekite they not deserve death for burning baby on alter it proven fact that burn baby on alter is good so God evil so sayeth atheistm expert Richard Dawkins Carl Sagan Charles Darwin and now my life is without real purpose except to pretend my life have meaningful purpose so now I am liberrate from Christian superstition that cause me to eat babies and believe Earth is flat so atheistm rule and Christian join us in 21 century or be shun from society by atheistm elite professor and we will perform sexual act with your statues of Jesus because we tolerant and you bigot and I atheistm now

Wow. Really? I tried to do this back then but even I tried to stay reasonable. Richard Dawkins is critical of organized religion when it tells people to kill abortion doctors, burn witches and kill non believers. He has no problem with harmless gospel worshippers. Carl Sagan didn't really give much opinions on God. He just didn't believe in him. Same with Darwin. Doesn't mean they think God is evil. Just, not likely to be true.

Even if some day came and we find that the god you and I worship doesn't exist, then I doubt you'd stop with the Christian morality. Because if your doing it to earn favor into heaven, then your not doing good things because your good. But your doing it to get a free pass for your evil deeds in the first place.
LogicalLunatic
Posts: 1,633
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2014 12:21:00 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/4/2014 11:39:15 AM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 10/4/2014 11:14:44 AM, LogicalLunatic wrote:
Guys listen to atheistm because it is proven fact that there no eyewitnesses of Jesus and they all ignorant shepherd so they ignorance disprove all things told to them by omniscient God and God genocide maniac who kill holy Canaanite and Amalekite they not deserve death for burning baby on alter it proven fact that burn baby on alter is good so God evil so sayeth atheistm expert Richard Dawkins Carl Sagan Charles Darwin and now my life is without real purpose except to pretend my life have meaningful purpose so now I am liberrate from Christian superstition that cause me to eat babies and believe Earth is flat so atheistm rule and Christian join us in 21 century or be shun from society by atheistm elite professor and we will perform sexual act with your statues of Jesus because we tolerant and you bigot and I atheistm now

Wow. Really? I tried to do this back then but even I tried to stay reasonable. Richard Dawkins is critical of organized religion when it tells people to kill abortion doctors, burn witches and kill non believers. He has no problem with harmless gospel worshippers. Carl Sagan didn't really give much opinions on God. He just didn't believe in him. Same with Darwin. Doesn't mean they think God is evil. Just, not likely to be true.

Even if some day came and we find that the god you and I worship doesn't exist, then I doubt you'd stop with the Christian morality. Because if your doing it to earn favor into heaven, then your not doing good things because your good. But your doing it to get a free pass for your evil deeds in the first place.

Would you stop being a Christian if one day you discovered that Christianity and Evolution were incompatible?
A True Work of Art: http://www.debate.org...

Atheist Logic: http://www.debate.org...

Bulproof formally admits to being a troll (Post 16):
http://www.debate.org...
ChristianPunk
Posts: 1,710
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2014 12:26:02 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/4/2014 12:21:00 PM, LogicalLunatic wrote:
At 10/4/2014 11:39:15 AM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 10/4/2014 11:14:44 AM, LogicalLunatic wrote:
Guys listen to atheistm because it is proven fact that there no eyewitnesses of Jesus and they all ignorant shepherd so they ignorance disprove all things told to them by omniscient God and God genocide maniac who kill holy Canaanite and Amalekite they not deserve death for burning baby on alter it proven fact that burn baby on alter is good so God evil so sayeth atheistm expert Richard Dawkins Carl Sagan Charles Darwin and now my life is without real purpose except to pretend my life have meaningful purpose so now I am liberrate from Christian superstition that cause me to eat babies and believe Earth is flat so atheistm rule and Christian join us in 21 century or be shun from society by atheistm elite professor and we will perform sexual act with your statues of Jesus because we tolerant and you bigot and I atheistm now

Wow. Really? I tried to do this back then but even I tried to stay reasonable. Richard Dawkins is critical of organized religion when it tells people to kill abortion doctors, burn witches and kill non believers. He has no problem with harmless gospel worshippers. Carl Sagan didn't really give much opinions on God. He just didn't believe in him. Same with Darwin. Doesn't mean they think God is evil. Just, not likely to be true.

Even if some day came and we find that the god you and I worship doesn't exist, then I doubt you'd stop with the Christian morality. Because if your doing it to earn favor into heaven, then your not doing good things because your good. But your doing it to get a free pass for your evil deeds in the first place.

Would you stop being a Christian if one day you discovered that Christianity and Evolution were incompatible?

That depends. Which is false? Christianity or Evolution? How would they be incompatible? Evolution in Christianity or Christianity in Evolution? You have to be more specific.
Fly
Posts: 2,045
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2014 12:27:18 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/4/2014 11:31:16 AM, POPOO5560 wrote:
and thats it man now you can go and fornicate all night steal as much u want there is no consequence no evil or good anyway no porpuse thats make really sense good luck...

If your virtue comes only from threat of severe punishment or some sort of coercion, you are not truly virtuous. I recommend watching or reading "A Clockwork Orange."
"You don't have a right to be a jerk."
--Religion Forum's hypocrite extraordinaire serving up lulz
LogicalLunatic
Posts: 1,633
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2014 1:03:37 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/4/2014 12:26:02 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 10/4/2014 12:21:00 PM, LogicalLunatic wrote:
At 10/4/2014 11:39:15 AM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 10/4/2014 11:14:44 AM, LogicalLunatic wrote:
Guys listen to atheistm because it is proven fact that there no eyewitnesses of Jesus and they all ignorant shepherd so they ignorance disprove all things told to them by omniscient God and God genocide maniac who kill holy Canaanite and Amalekite they not deserve death for burning baby on alter it proven fact that burn baby on alter is good so God evil so sayeth atheistm expert Richard Dawkins Carl Sagan Charles Darwin and now my life is without real purpose except to pretend my life have meaningful purpose so now I am liberrate from Christian superstition that cause me to eat babies and believe Earth is flat so atheistm rule and Christian join us in 21 century or be shun from society by atheistm elite professor and we will perform sexual act with your statues of Jesus because we tolerant and you bigot and I atheistm now

Wow. Really? I tried to do this back then but even I tried to stay reasonable. Richard Dawkins is critical of organized religion when it tells people to kill abortion doctors, burn witches and kill non believers. He has no problem with harmless gospel worshippers. Carl Sagan didn't really give much opinions on God. He just didn't believe in him. Same with Darwin. Doesn't mean they think God is evil. Just, not likely to be true.

Even if some day came and we find that the god you and I worship doesn't exist, then I doubt you'd stop with the Christian morality. Because if your doing it to earn favor into heaven, then your not doing good things because your good. But your doing it to get a free pass for your evil deeds in the first place.

Would you stop being a Christian if one day you discovered that Christianity and Evolution were incompatible?

That depends. Which is false? Christianity or Evolution? How would they be incompatible? Evolution in Christianity or Christianity in Evolution? You have to be more specific.

The Genesis narrative doesn't fit into the Evolutionist theory on how the Earth and life on it began, or at least in this hypothetical scenario. Which one would you choose? Your Christian faith or your sense of being scientifically minded?
A True Work of Art: http://www.debate.org...

Atheist Logic: http://www.debate.org...

Bulproof formally admits to being a troll (Post 16):
http://www.debate.org...
ChristianPunk
Posts: 1,710
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2014 1:11:17 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/4/2014 1:03:37 PM, LogicalLunatic wrote:
At 10/4/2014 12:26:02 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 10/4/2014 12:21:00 PM, LogicalLunatic wrote:
At 10/4/2014 11:39:15 AM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 10/4/2014 11:14:44 AM, LogicalLunatic wrote:
Guys listen to atheistm because it is proven fact that there no eyewitnesses of Jesus and they all ignorant shepherd so they ignorance disprove all things told to them by omniscient God and God genocide maniac who kill holy Canaanite and Amalekite they not deserve death for burning baby on alter it proven fact that burn baby on alter is good so God evil so sayeth atheistm expert Richard Dawkins Carl Sagan Charles Darwin and now my life is without real purpose except to pretend my life have meaningful purpose so now I am liberrate from Christian superstition that cause me to eat babies and believe Earth is flat so atheistm rule and Christian join us in 21 century or be shun from society by atheistm elite professor and we will perform sexual act with your statues of Jesus because we tolerant and you bigot and I atheistm now

Wow. Really? I tried to do this back then but even I tried to stay reasonable. Richard Dawkins is critical of organized religion when it tells people to kill abortion doctors, burn witches and kill non believers. He has no problem with harmless gospel worshippers. Carl Sagan didn't really give much opinions on God. He just didn't believe in him. Same with Darwin. Doesn't mean they think God is evil. Just, not likely to be true.

Even if some day came and we find that the god you and I worship doesn't exist, then I doubt you'd stop with the Christian morality. Because if your doing it to earn favor into heaven, then your not doing good things because your good. But your doing it to get a free pass for your evil deeds in the first place.

Would you stop being a Christian if one day you discovered that Christianity and Evolution were incompatible?

That depends. Which is false? Christianity or Evolution? How would they be incompatible? Evolution in Christianity or Christianity in Evolution? You have to be more specific.

The Genesis narrative doesn't fit into the Evolutionist theory on how the Earth and life on it began, or at least in this hypothetical scenario. Which one would you choose? Your Christian faith or your sense of being scientifically minded?

My Christian Faith if it wasn't compatible in the sense of nowhere being in scripture. But scripture says this.

Genesis 1:24

And God said, Let the earth bring forth the living creature after his kind, cattle, and creeping thing, and beast of the earth after his kind: and it was so.

So even if Genesis was supposed to be literal for me to take, I would say this verse proves evolution is compatible.

If you would like to learn more, read or hear John Lennox on his book, Seven Days That Divide The World.
LogicalLunatic
Posts: 1,633
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2014 1:12:37 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/4/2014 1:11:17 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 10/4/2014 1:03:37 PM, LogicalLunatic wrote:
At 10/4/2014 12:26:02 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 10/4/2014 12:21:00 PM, LogicalLunatic wrote:
At 10/4/2014 11:39:15 AM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 10/4/2014 11:14:44 AM, LogicalLunatic wrote:
Guys listen to atheistm because it is proven fact that there no eyewitnesses of Jesus and they all ignorant shepherd so they ignorance disprove all things told to them by omniscient God and God genocide maniac who kill holy Canaanite and Amalekite they not deserve death for burning baby on alter it proven fact that burn baby on alter is good so God evil so sayeth atheistm expert Richard Dawkins Carl Sagan Charles Darwin and now my life is without real purpose except to pretend my life have meaningful purpose so now I am liberrate from Christian superstition that cause me to eat babies and believe Earth is flat so atheistm rule and Christian join us in 21 century or be shun from society by atheistm elite professor and we will perform sexual act with your statues of Jesus because we tolerant and you bigot and I atheistm now

Wow. Really? I tried to do this back then but even I tried to stay reasonable. Richard Dawkins is critical of organized religion when it tells people to kill abortion doctors, burn witches and kill non believers. He has no problem with harmless gospel worshippers. Carl Sagan didn't really give much opinions on God. He just didn't believe in him. Same with Darwin. Doesn't mean they think God is evil. Just, not likely to be true.

Even if some day came and we find that the god you and I worship doesn't exist, then I doubt you'd stop with the Christian morality. Because if your doing it to earn favor into heaven, then your not doing good things because your good. But your doing it to get a free pass for your evil deeds in the first place.

Would you stop being a Christian if one day you discovered that Christianity and Evolution were incompatible?

That depends. Which is false? Christianity or Evolution? How would they be incompatible? Evolution in Christianity or Christianity in Evolution? You have to be more specific.

The Genesis narrative doesn't fit into the Evolutionist theory on how the Earth and life on it began, or at least in this hypothetical scenario. Which one would you choose? Your Christian faith or your sense of being scientifically minded?

My Christian Faith if it wasn't compatible in the sense of nowhere being in scripture. But scripture says this.

Genesis 1:24

And God said, Let the earth bring forth the living creature after his kind, cattle, and creeping thing, and beast of the earth after his kind: and it was so.

So even if Genesis was supposed to be literal for me to take, I would say this verse proves evolution is compatible.

If you would like to learn more, read or hear John Lennox on his book, Seven Days That Divide The World.

Well, I suppose that's good to know.
A True Work of Art: http://www.debate.org...

Atheist Logic: http://www.debate.org...

Bulproof formally admits to being a troll (Post 16):
http://www.debate.org...
SamStevens
Posts: 3,819
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2014 1:32:09 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/4/2014 1:03:37 PM, LogicalLunatic wrote:
At 10/4/2014 12:26:02 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 10/4/2014 12:21:00 PM, LogicalLunatic wrote:
At 10/4/2014 11:39:15 AM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 10/4/2014 11:14:44 AM, LogicalLunatic wrote:
Guys listen to atheistm because it is proven fact that there no eyewitnesses of Jesus and they all ignorant shepherd so they ignorance disprove all things told to them by omniscient God and God genocide maniac who kill holy Canaanite and Amalekite they not deserve death for burning baby on alter it proven fact that burn baby on alter is good so God evil so sayeth atheistm expert Richard Dawkins Carl Sagan Charles Darwin and now my life is without real purpose except to pretend my life have meaningful purpose so now I am liberrate from Christian superstition that cause me to eat babies and believe Earth is flat so atheistm rule and Christian join us in 21 century or be shun from society by atheistm elite professor and we will perform sexual act with your statues of Jesus because we tolerant and you bigot and I atheistm now

Wow. Really? I tried to do this back then but even I tried to stay reasonable. Richard Dawkins is critical of organized religion when it tells people to kill abortion doctors, burn witches and kill non believers. He has no problem with harmless gospel worshippers. Carl Sagan didn't really give much opinions on God. He just didn't believe in him. Same with Darwin. Doesn't mean they think God is evil. Just, not likely to be true.

Even if some day came and we find that the god you and I worship doesn't exist, then I doubt you'd stop with the Christian morality. Because if your doing it to earn favor into heaven, then your not doing good things because your good. But your doing it to get a free pass for your evil deeds in the first place.

Would you stop being a Christian if one day you discovered that Christianity and Evolution were incompatible?

That depends. Which is false? Christianity or Evolution? How would they be incompatible? Evolution in Christianity or Christianity in Evolution? You have to be more specific.

The Genesis narrative doesn't fit into the Evolutionist theory

It is not Evolutionist. Just like how people don't call others gravitationist for accepting the theory of gravity.

on how the Earth and life on it began, or at least in this hypothetical scenario. Which one would you choose? Your Christian faith or your sense of being scientifically minded?
"This is the true horror of religion. It allows perfectly decent and sane people to believe by the billions, what only lunatics could believe on their own." Sam Harris
Life asked Death "Why do people love me but hate you?"
Death responded: "Because you are a beautiful lie, and I am the painful truth."
Arasa
Posts: 380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2014 1:45:30 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/4/2014 11:14:44 AM, LogicalLunatic wrote:
Guys listen to atheistm because it is proven fact that there no eyewitnesses of Jesus and they all ignorant shepherd so they ignorance disprove all things told to them by omniscient God and God genocide maniac who kill holy Canaanite and Amalekite they not deserve death for burning baby on alter it proven fact that burn baby on alter is good so God evil so sayeth atheistm expert Richard Dawkins Carl Sagan Charles Darwin and now my life is without real purpose except to pretend my life have meaningful purpose so now I am liberrate from Christian superstition that cause me to eat babies and believe Earth is flat so atheistm rule and Christian join us in 21 century or be shun from society by atheistm elite professor and we will perform sexual act with your statues of Jesus because we tolerant and you bigot and I atheistm now

This is the stench of the foulness that I have made it a point of to eradicate on these forums. As a Christian, I would ask that you make haste to apologize for this slanderous and insulting post. We are of greater and sounder mind than the children we provide examples for. This is an example that would surely destroy a generation.

August Rasa, a 4:53 mind
Beastt
Posts: 5,135
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2014 1:48:03 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/4/2014 11:14:44 AM, LogicalLunatic wrote:
Guys listen to atheistm because it is proven fact that there no eyewitnesses of Jesus and they all ignorant shepherd so they ignorance disprove all things told to them by omniscient God and God genocide maniac who kill holy Canaanite and Amalekite they not deserve death for burning baby on alter it proven fact that burn baby on alter is good so God evil so sayeth atheistm expert Richard Dawkins Carl Sagan Charles Darwin and now my life is without real purpose except to pretend my life have meaningful purpose so now I am liberrate from Christian superstition that cause me to eat babies and believe Earth is flat so atheistm rule and Christian join us in 21 century or be shun from society by atheistm elite professor and we will perform sexual act with your statues of Jesus because we tolerant and you bigot and I atheistm now

Yet another divisive strawman list.
"If we believe absurdities we shall commit atrocities." -- Voltaire
Beastt
Posts: 5,135
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2014 1:51:09 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/4/2014 11:31:16 AM, POPOO5560 wrote:
and thats it man now you can go and fornicate all night steal as much u want there is no consequence no evil or good anyway no porpuse thats make really sense good luck...

Because we all know that if you want to commit criminal acts, all you have to do is not believe that police exist and it renders you immune to them... right?

All you've done is add another strawman to the list of strawmen in the O.P. And when you have to argue through strawmen, it must mean the real arguments you dislike are impervious to refutation. So you make up fake arguments to put in the mouths of your opponents. (See: Strawman fallacy)
"If we believe absurdities we shall commit atrocities." -- Voltaire
Beastt
Posts: 5,135
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2014 1:58:55 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/4/2014 11:14:44 AM, LogicalLunatic wrote:
Guys listen to atheistm because it is proven fact that there no eyewitnesses of Jesus and they all ignorant shepherd so they ignorance disprove all things told to them by omniscient God and God genocide maniac who kill holy Canaanite and Amalekite they not deserve death for burning baby on alter it proven fact that burn baby on alter is good so God evil so sayeth atheistm expert Richard Dawkins Carl Sagan Charles Darwin and now my life is without real purpose except to pretend my life have meaningful purpose so now I am liberrate from Christian superstition that cause me to eat babies and believe Earth is flat so atheistm rule and Christian join us in 21 century or be shun from society by atheistm elite professor and we will perform sexual act with your statues of Jesus because we tolerant and you bigot and I atheistm now

Before you can be convinced of anything, you have to be honest enough to listen to the arguments provided, rather than distorting and inverting them with the intent of inverting the logical into the ridiculous.

By the way, it has been concluded and confirmed that atheists tend to be more intelligent than theists so the feigned broken English is just another strawman.
"If we believe absurdities we shall commit atrocities." -- Voltaire
Beastt
Posts: 5,135
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2014 4:09:35 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/4/2014 1:11:17 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 10/4/2014 1:03:37 PM, LogicalLunatic wrote:
At 10/4/2014 12:26:02 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 10/4/2014 12:21:00 PM, LogicalLunatic wrote:
At 10/4/2014 11:39:15 AM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 10/4/2014 11:14:44 AM, LogicalLunatic wrote:
Guys listen to atheistm because it is proven fact that there no eyewitnesses of Jesus and they all ignorant shepherd so they ignorance disprove all things told to them by omniscient God and God genocide maniac who kill holy Canaanite and Amalekite they not deserve death for burning baby on alter it proven fact that burn baby on alter is good so God evil so sayeth atheistm expert Richard Dawkins Carl Sagan Charles Darwin and now my life is without real purpose except to pretend my life have meaningful purpose so now I am liberrate from Christian superstition that cause me to eat babies and believe Earth is flat so atheistm rule and Christian join us in 21 century or be shun from society by atheistm elite professor and we will perform sexual act with your statues of Jesus because we tolerant and you bigot and I atheistm now

Wow. Really? I tried to do this back then but even I tried to stay reasonable. Richard Dawkins is critical of organized religion when it tells people to kill abortion doctors, burn witches and kill non believers. He has no problem with harmless gospel worshippers. Carl Sagan didn't really give much opinions on God. He just didn't believe in him. Same with Darwin. Doesn't mean they think God is evil. Just, not likely to be true.

Even if some day came and we find that the god you and I worship doesn't exist, then I doubt you'd stop with the Christian morality. Because if your doing it to earn favor into heaven, then your not doing good things because your good. But your doing it to get a free pass for your evil deeds in the first place.

Would you stop being a Christian if one day you discovered that Christianity and Evolution were incompatible?

That depends. Which is false? Christianity or Evolution? How would they be incompatible? Evolution in Christianity or Christianity in Evolution? You have to be more specific.

The Genesis narrative doesn't fit into the Evolutionist theory on how the Earth and life on it began, or at least in this hypothetical scenario. Which one would you choose? Your Christian faith or your sense of being scientifically minded?

My Christian Faith if it wasn't compatible in the sense of nowhere being in scripture. But scripture says this.

Genesis 1:24

And God said, Let the earth bring forth the living creature after his kind, cattle, and creeping thing, and beast of the earth after his kind: and it was so.
The theory of evolution doesn't include God acting to cause any part of it.

So even if Genesis was supposed to be literal for me to take, I would say this verse proves evolution is compatible.
- "And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul."

And I would say that this verse proves Christianity and evolution aren't compatible.

If you would like to learn more, read or hear John Lennox on his book, Seven Days That Divide The World.
"If we believe absurdities we shall commit atrocities." -- Voltaire
ChristianPunk
Posts: 1,710
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2014 4:24:49 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/4/2014 4:09:35 PM, Beastt wrote:
At 10/4/2014 1:11:17 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 10/4/2014 1:03:37 PM, LogicalLunatic wrote:
At 10/4/2014 12:26:02 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 10/4/2014 12:21:00 PM, LogicalLunatic wrote:
At 10/4/2014 11:39:15 AM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 10/4/2014 11:14:44 AM, LogicalLunatic wrote:
Guys listen to atheistm because it is proven fact that there no eyewitnesses of Jesus and they all ignorant shepherd so they ignorance disprove all things told to them by omniscient God and God genocide maniac who kill holy Canaanite and Amalekite they not deserve death for burning baby on alter it proven fact that burn baby on alter is good so God evil so sayeth atheistm expert Richard Dawkins Carl Sagan Charles Darwin and now my life is without real purpose except to pretend my life have meaningful purpose so now I am liberrate from Christian superstition that cause me to eat babies and believe Earth is flat so atheistm rule and Christian join us in 21 century or be shun from society by atheistm elite professor and we will perform sexual act with your statues of Jesus because we tolerant and you bigot and I atheistm now

Wow. Really? I tried to do this back then but even I tried to stay reasonable. Richard Dawkins is critical of organized religion when it tells people to kill abortion doctors, burn witches and kill non believers. He has no problem with harmless gospel worshippers. Carl Sagan didn't really give much opinions on God. He just didn't believe in him. Same with Darwin. Doesn't mean they think God is evil. Just, not likely to be true.

Even if some day came and we find that the god you and I worship doesn't exist, then I doubt you'd stop with the Christian morality. Because if your doing it to earn favor into heaven, then your not doing good things because your good. But your doing it to get a free pass for your evil deeds in the first place.

Would you stop being a Christian if one day you discovered that Christianity and Evolution were incompatible?

That depends. Which is false? Christianity or Evolution? How would they be incompatible? Evolution in Christianity or Christianity in Evolution? You have to be more specific.

The Genesis narrative doesn't fit into the Evolutionist theory on how the Earth and life on it began, or at least in this hypothetical scenario. Which one would you choose? Your Christian faith or your sense of being scientifically minded?

My Christian Faith if it wasn't compatible in the sense of nowhere being in scripture. But scripture says this.

Genesis 1:24

And God said, Let the earth bring forth the living creature after his kind, cattle, and creeping thing, and beast of the earth after his kind: and it was so.
The theory of evolution doesn't include God acting to cause any part of it.

So even if Genesis was supposed to be literal for me to take, I would say this verse proves evolution is compatible.
- "And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul."

And I would say that this verse proves Christianity and evolution aren't compatible.

If you would like to learn more, read or hear John Lennox on his book, Seven Days That Divide The World.

I know that Evolution doesn't say anything about God. It's my belief and view, not my researched facts.

People who aren't religious will agree the earth was made of space dust, which life originated from once the chemistry was set. SO I think that verse does not even conflict with Christianity and Abiogenesis.
Demetriuscapone
Posts: 152
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2014 8:05:22 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/4/2014 1:11:17 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:

My Christian Faith if it wasn't compatible in the sense of nowhere being in scripture. But scripture says this.

Genesis 1:24

And God said, Let the earth bring forth the living creature after his kind, cattle, and creeping thing, and beast of the earth after his kind: and it was so.


So the scripture is false.

So even if Genesis was supposed to be literal for me to take, I would say this verse proves evolution is compatible.

It is, was and always will be meant to be taken litterally. If there weren't any scientists out today doing discoveries that makes a mockery out of this fairy tale, you would believe it as much as any christian fundie.


If you would like to learn more, read or hear John Lennox on his book, Seven Days That Divide The World.

A waste of time and money.
ChristianPunk
Posts: 1,710
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2014 9:32:12 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/4/2014 8:05:22 PM, Demetriuscapone wrote:
At 10/4/2014 1:11:17 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:

My Christian Faith if it wasn't compatible in the sense of nowhere being in scripture. But scripture says this.

Genesis 1:24

And God said, Let the earth bring forth the living creature after his kind, cattle, and creeping thing, and beast of the earth after his kind: and it was so.


So the scripture is false.

So even if Genesis was supposed to be literal for me to take, I would say this verse proves evolution is compatible.

It is, was and always will be meant to be taken litterally. If there weren't any scientists out today doing discoveries that makes a mockery out of this fairy tale, you would believe it as much as any christian fundie.


If you would like to learn more, read or hear John Lennox on his book, Seven Days That Divide The World.

A waste of time and money.

Which is why stuff in the beginning has figurative language in the bible. Poetry. Metaphors. I'd recommend going to BioLogos if you'd like to see what i'm talking about.
Demetriuscapone
Posts: 152
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2014 6:16:35 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/4/2014 9:32:12 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:


Which is why stuff in the beginning has figurative language in the bible. Poetry. Metaphors. I'd recommend going to BioLogos if you'd like to see what i'm talking about.

I see you've clearly missunderstood what a metaphor is. You can't use 'the earth was created in 6 days' as a metaphor for 'the earth was formed 4.5 billion years ago through natural process'. This is a Shakespeare metaphor:

All the world's a stage,
And all the men and women merely players;
They have their exits and their entrances;

No such writing exists in the genesis account of creation.
ChristianPunk
Posts: 1,710
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2014 8:03:32 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/5/2014 6:16:35 AM, Demetriuscapone wrote:
At 10/4/2014 9:32:12 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:


Which is why stuff in the beginning has figurative language in the bible. Poetry. Metaphors. I'd recommend going to BioLogos if you'd like to see what i'm talking about.

I see you've clearly missunderstood what a metaphor is. You can't use 'the earth was created in 6 days' as a metaphor for 'the earth was formed 4.5 billion years ago through natural process'. This is a Shakespeare metaphor:

All the world's a stage,
And all the men and women merely players;
They have their exits and their entrances;

No such writing exists in the genesis account of creation.

Very well. Either way, there are ways to tell that it's not literal.
Demetriuscapone
Posts: 152
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2014 8:32:29 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/5/2014 8:03:32 AM, ChristianPunk wrote:


Very well. Either way, there are ways to tell that it's not literal.

Yeah, if you were born in the 20th century and beyond. But consider for a moment that litterally nobody thought it wasn't meant to be litteral before science stepped on the scene and made a mockery out of it. Bear in mind that christians in the first world also believe that this is a litteral account.

It's easy to be smart in hindsight.
ChristianPunk
Posts: 1,710
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2014 11:21:02 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/5/2014 8:32:29 AM, Demetriuscapone wrote:
At 10/5/2014 8:03:32 AM, ChristianPunk wrote:


Very well. Either way, there are ways to tell that it's not literal.

Yeah, if you were born in the 20th century and beyond. But consider for a moment that litterally nobody thought it wasn't meant to be litteral before science stepped on the scene and made a mockery out of it. Bear in mind that christians in the first world also believe that this is a litteral account.

It's easy to be smart in hindsight.

When we read it literal, we can find there are contradictions.
POPOO5560
Posts: 2,487
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2014 12:39:06 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/4/2014 1:51:09 PM, Beastt wrote:
At 10/4/2014 11:31:16 AM, POPOO5560 wrote:
and thats it man now you can go and fornicate all night steal as much u want there is no consequence no evil or good anyway no porpuse thats make really sense good luck...

Because we all know that if you want to commit criminal acts, all you have to do is not believe that police exist and it renders you immune to them... right?

All you've done is add another strawman to the list of strawmen in the O.P. And when you have to argue through strawmen, it must mean the real arguments you dislike are impervious to refutation. So you make up fake arguments to put in the mouths of your opponents. (See: Strawman fallacy)

dude im saying that because some athiests think like that and their logic is fine (if its me i wouldnt do it i will still believe in good and bad...) online here or in real life... for example i know somebody who was a muslim and after he left islam he is like the most disgusting man on earth... doesnt care about anything if its good to him he doing it he became selfish disgusting person.... now im not saying all athiests like that crap but without objective good and bad people would do stuff seem good to them thats all...
Never fart near dog
LogicalLunatic
Posts: 1,633
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2014 12:45:50 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/5/2014 12:39:06 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:
At 10/4/2014 1:51:09 PM, Beastt wrote:
At 10/4/2014 11:31:16 AM, POPOO5560 wrote:
and thats it man now you can go and fornicate all night steal as much u want there is no consequence no evil or good anyway no porpuse thats make really sense good luck...

Because we all know that if you want to commit criminal acts, all you have to do is not believe that police exist and it renders you immune to them... right?

All you've done is add another strawman to the list of strawmen in the O.P. And when you have to argue through strawmen, it must mean the real arguments you dislike are impervious to refutation. So you make up fake arguments to put in the mouths of your opponents. (See: Strawman fallacy)

dude im saying that because some athiests think like that and their logic is fine (if its me i wouldnt do it i will still believe in good and bad...) online here or in real life... for example i know somebody who was a muslim and after he left islam he is like the most disgusting man on earth... doesnt care about anything if its good to him he doing it he became selfish disgusting person.... now im not saying all athiests like that crap but without objective good and bad people would do stuff seem good to them thats all...

I know that this will definitely come off as mean, but your grammar is horrible.
A True Work of Art: http://www.debate.org...

Atheist Logic: http://www.debate.org...

Bulproof formally admits to being a troll (Post 16):
http://www.debate.org...
POPOO5560
Posts: 2,487
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2014 12:47:25 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/4/2014 12:27:18 PM, Fly wrote:
At 10/4/2014 11:31:16 AM, POPOO5560 wrote:
and thats it man now you can go and fornicate all night steal as much u want there is no consequence no evil or good anyway no porpuse thats make really sense good luck...

If your virtue comes only from threat of severe punishment or some sort of coercion, you are not truly virtuous. I recommend watching or reading "A Clockwork Orange."

if i were athiest i would doing only good... but my problem is for some athiests taking it and doing whatever they want because at the end we all will perish yeah? so good and bad for them are bullcrp... they are the most selfish persons on earth.
Never fart near dog
POPOO5560
Posts: 2,487
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2014 12:47:51 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/5/2014 12:45:50 PM, LogicalLunatic wrote:
At 10/5/2014 12:39:06 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:
At 10/4/2014 1:51:09 PM, Beastt wrote:
At 10/4/2014 11:31:16 AM, POPOO5560 wrote:
and thats it man now you can go and fornicate all night steal as much u want there is no consequence no evil or good anyway no porpuse thats make really sense good luck...

Because we all know that if you want to commit criminal acts, all you have to do is not believe that police exist and it renders you immune to them... right?

All you've done is add another strawman to the list of strawmen in the O.P. And when you have to argue through strawmen, it must mean the real arguments you dislike are impervious to refutation. So you make up fake arguments to put in the mouths of your opponents. (See: Strawman fallacy)

dude im saying that because some athiests think like that and their logic is fine (if its me i wouldnt do it i will still believe in good and bad...) online here or in real life... for example i know somebody who was a muslim and after he left islam he is like the most disgusting man on earth... doesnt care about anything if its good to him he doing it he became selfish disgusting person.... now im not saying all athiests like that crap but without objective good and bad people would do stuff seem good to them thats all...

I know that this will definitely come off as mean, but your grammar is horrible.

hhhhhh i know xDDDDDDDD
Never fart near dog
popculturepooka
Posts: 7,924
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2014 1:43:59 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/4/2014 11:26:42 AM, Envisage wrote:
At 10/4/2014 11:14:44 AM, LogicalLunatic wrote:
Guys listen to atheistm because it is proven fact that there no eyewitnesses of Jesus and they all ignorant shepherd so they ignorance disprove all things told to them by omniscient God and God genocide maniac who kill holy Canaanite and Amalekite they not deserve death for burning baby on alter it proven fact that burn baby on alter is good so God evil so sayeth atheistm expert Richard Dawkins Carl Sagan Charles Darwin and now my life is without real purpose except to pretend my life have meaningful purpose so now I am liberrate from Christian superstition that cause me to eat babies and believe Earth is flat so atheistm rule and Christian join us in 21 century or be shun from society by atheistm elite professor and we will perform sexual act with your statues of Jesus because we tolerant and you bigot and I atheistm now

You know, this is exactly the problem SNP1, and PCP were referring to about the downfall of the religion forum. Threads made purely for the purposes or provocation, or ridicule.

So, the only thought that was going through my head when I read this was "What a d*ckhead".

This.
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
Fly
Posts: 2,045
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2014 1:55:20 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/5/2014 12:47:25 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:
At 10/4/2014 12:27:18 PM, Fly wrote:
At 10/4/2014 11:31:16 AM, POPOO5560 wrote:
and thats it man now you can go and fornicate all night steal as much u want there is no consequence no evil or good anyway no porpuse thats make really sense good luck...

If your virtue comes only from threat of severe punishment or some sort of coercion, you are not truly virtuous. I recommend watching or reading "A Clockwork Orange."

if i were athiest i would doing only good... but my problem is for some athiests taking it and doing whatever they want because at the end we all will perish yeah? so good and bad for them are bullcrp... they are the most selfish persons on earth.

OK, you are describing sociopathy rather than atheism. Frankly, you exhibit the same sort of broad brush judgmentalism that you would hate to see visited upon yourself. Set the example for the behavior you want to see, not the behavior you despise.
"You don't have a right to be a jerk."
--Religion Forum's hypocrite extraordinaire serving up lulz