Jump to topic:

Religion is a evil lie!

jh1234lnew
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2014 7:15:46 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Religion is a lie, and all religions are the same: Religion and Christianity are interchangable terms as they are both dogma, indoctrination, and brainwashing.

Religious people frequently attempt to force Christianity over america. One excellent example is how they force us to believe in their deities by adding their deities names into the Pledge of Allegiance, and they are trying to force us to be "patriotic" when loving one's own country is authoritarian evil!

Religion is BRAINWASHING! Christians believe in their deities even though they have as much proof as SANTA CLAUS! The burden of proof is on them to prove that their deities exist, therefore their deities do not exist and are just like the invisible pink unicorn because the burden of proof lies on THEM!
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2014 9:24:49 PM
At 10/5/2014 7:15:46 PM, jh1234lnew wrote:
Religion is a lie, and all religions are the same: Religion and Christianity are interchangable terms as they are both dogma, indoctrination, and brainwashing.

Religious people frequently attempt to force Christianity over america. One excellent example is how they force us to believe in their deities by adding their deities names into the Pledge of Allegiance, and they are trying to force us to be "patriotic" when loving one's own country is authoritarian evil!

Religion is BRAINWASHING! Christians believe in their deities even though they have as much proof as SANTA CLAUS! The burden of proof is on them to prove that their deities exist, therefore their deities do not exist and are just like the invisible pink unicorn because the burden of proof lies on THEM!

I agree with you that most Christians believe in a deity, which is an imaginary god that they get in their minds by reading written words by God's prophets and saints who knew God.

If the Roman Catholic Church had taught their Christians that Superman was the King and Savior of the world and all they had to do was read Superman comic books, they would all believe that Superman was coming in the clouds to rescue them soon.
LogicalLunatic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2014 1:12:29 PM

Christianity es EVUL because teyh eet babees
A True Work of Art: http://www.debate.org...

Atheist Logic: http://www.debate.org...

Bulproof formally admits to being a troll (Post 16):
http://www.debate.org...
DPMartin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2014 3:54:19 PM
Yea, so, most of the people who established this country believed in a God as in Creator and Judge and had no problem making sure it was known. And it had to be most of them because the majority ruled then. What those people have established has effected so many people to become liberated that they risked life and limb to get there and get a life for themselves and their children, there is no other known country in documented history that has that effect on the world.

What is it that you have establish? What, you know how to talk like an idiot?
Arasa
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2014 6:17:47 PM

I am sorry to hear that this is what you have come to believe. I would like to hear the disagreements you have with Christianity, but I do not think that this open forum is the place. If you would like to talk, please message me and I will get back to you as my schedule dictates (which could be anywhere between hours and days between responses)

I think that you have a very malformed image of my beliefs as a Christian, and so I would like to have a conversation in which we can try to remove the mud from the water.

August Rasa, a 4:53 mind
jh1234lnew
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2014 10:29:10 PM
At 10/6/2014 6:17:47 PM, Arasa wrote:

I am sorry to hear that this is what you have come to believe. I would like to hear the disagreements you have with Christianity, but I do not think that this open forum is the place. If you would like to talk, please message me and I will get back to you as my schedule dictates (which could be anywhere between hours and days between responses)

I think that you have a very malformed image of my beliefs as a Christian, and so I would like to have a conversation in which we can try to remove the mud from the water.

August Rasa, a 4:53 mind

I was trying to make fun of how atheists make logical fallacies when they debate. Notice how I intentionally avoided using blasphemous language and referring to deities in a casual manner.
Idealist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2014 12:35:29 AM

You need to read Lord of the Flies. The Boyscouts rely on dogma, indoctrination and "brainwashing." You are confusing human behavior with religious behavior.

Atheistic people frequently seek to convince those who believe in a creator to forsake their beliefs. It seems obvious that they would be happy if religion would just disappear. Some use abuse tactics in furtherance of their goals and are quick to pick a fight where none was necessary. These are the actions extremists, which many religious people also share. Extremism is a bad thing, and not a good way to address the division which is causing so many problems in the world.

Atheism is brainwashing. I have watched atheists gang-up on people for no other reason than that they believe in God, and they can be very caustic in their verbal attacks. I watched a group of seven atheists band together to attack the beliefs of a 29-year-old woman who admitted she had a health condition which limited her mental capacity to that of a 13-year-old. Isn't that what brain-washing is - trying to force someone to change their mind through the use of aggressive tactics? Atheists like to talk about science as if it is something which only they understand, when science is actually almost universally practiced. Half of "believers" also believe in evolution.

You pointed-out the real problem. It comes from separating everybody into groups of "us" and "them." There is only one human race on this planet, and conflict over our personal beliefs will never help us at all get along.
Beastt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2014 3:19:30 AM
At 10/6/2014 3:54:19 PM, DPMartin wrote:
Yea, so, most of the people who established this country believed in a God as in Creator and Judge and had no problem making sure it was known. And it had to be most of them because the majority ruled then. What those people have established has effected so many people to become liberated that they risked life and limb to get there and get a life for themselves and their children, there is no other known country in documented history that has that effect on the world.

What is it that you have establish? What, you know how to talk like an idiot?

Some can learn over 200-years time. Others cannot.
"If we believe absurdities we shall commit atrocities." -- Voltaire