Jump to topic:

Why Are Christians Starting Stuff

ChristianPunk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2014 10:26:18 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
It seems when I come on here, a Christian is posting a trash talking thread on a religion forum. It disgusts me. They write things like "The Atheist Delusion" or "Why atheists are dumb" and go about rants of why atheists are idiots. The atheist is an idiot to you so called christians because they don't believe in God. They may appear fools to you and God, but does that mean God hates them? I'm sure you were told that you were a fool for being certain things by your parents. Did they still love you? I have different political views compared to my dad and he said I was a fool going down the wrong path. But he told me he still loved me. God is supposed to be greater than what your painting in your posts. I'm not talking about all christians here, but some of you should know who you are. It is said in the bible that he (mortal man/woman) who calls people fools is condemning themselves to hell. I'm here to tell you that I love you, God loves you, but that we both love the atheists too. So stop trying to start trouble on the forums just because you want to get attention and replies from people. Just so I can prove I'm not trying to do the same, I will politely ask that nobody reply (if you feel like you must say something, then fine, but don't troll.).
neutral
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2014 1:00:05 AM
At 10/5/2014 10:26:18 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
It seems when I come on here, a Christian is posting a trash talking thread on a religion forum. It disgusts me. They write things like "The Atheist Delusion" or "Why atheists are dumb" and go about rants of why atheists are idiots. The atheist is an idiot to you so called christians because they don't believe in God. They may appear fools to you and God, but does that mean God hates them? I'm sure you were told that you were a fool for being certain things by your parents. Did they still love you? I have different political views compared to my dad and he said I was a fool going down the wrong path. But he told me he still loved me. God is supposed to be greater than what your painting in your posts. I'm not talking about all christians here, but some of you should know who you are. It is said in the bible that he (mortal man/woman) who calls people fools is condemning themselves to hell. I'm here to tell you that I love you, God loves you, but that we both love the atheists too. So stop trying to start trouble on the forums just because you want to get attention and replies from people. Just so I can prove I'm not trying to do the same, I will politely ask that nobody reply (if you feel like you must say something, then fine, but don't troll.).

I think these are a direct response to how many of these Christians have been treated. As you see with threads such as 'All religion is a lie' or the constant refrain of 'genocidal gods' and the dearth of intelligent atheist responses - or the ready resort to flame when pressed ... at some point you reap what you sew.

Atheism itself may not be 'dumb' but there are a lot of atheists whose pretense in the religion forum is that they are here to school obviously stupid religious people - and with such an attitude, its a one way street without even the pretense of listening. And when an 'uppity' religious person corrects one of their mistakes? We see the flame.

Again, not all religious people are like this, but even a blind fool can see some of the worst offenders doing this here.
Emilrose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2014 9:49:41 AM

Christians are perfectly entitled to express their opinions on atheism; just as atheists are are entitled to express their views on religion and/or religious people. It works both ways.
Commentator on a picture with David Cameron and a Cat: 'Amazing what you can achieve with photoshop these days. I'm sure that used to be a pig.'

Commentator on Hillary Clinton: 'If Clinton is now what passes for progressive, maybe this country deserves Trump.'

Commentator on British parliament: 'All that talent in one place, where is Ebola when you need it?'

John Kerry on words: 'These aren't just words, folks.'
ChristianPunk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2014 11:04:00 AM
At 10/6/2014 9:49:41 AM, Emilrose wrote:

Christians are perfectly entitled to express their opinions on atheism; just as atheists are are entitled to express their views on religion and/or religious people. It works both ways.

Correct, but the reason why I guess I'm a bit flustered is that christians, if they claim to follow the whole bible, must tolerate and continue to be talked down upon each other.
DPMartin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2014 12:09:13 PM
At 10/6/2014 11:04:00 AM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 10/6/2014 9:49:41 AM, Emilrose wrote:

Correct, but the reason why I guess I'm a bit flustered is that christians, if they claim to follow the whole bible, must tolerate and continue to be talked down upon each other.

Do you mean like when, Elisha was taunted by children and a bear attacked them? Or when Israel was attacked King David tore into them? Those are include in the bible too. Or how about when Pharaoh refused to let Israel go, and the Lord God trashed the place?

Or are you expecting something you want, rather then what people do? Jesus wasn"t afraid to tell the belligerent leadership of His day, Pharisees, Sadducees, and the like, the truth. And if you are lying and pretending to know or understand what I believe by telling me how stupid I am, or mocking me because you"ve got nothing better to do, for believing it, then I will take the opportunity to tell you exactly what I see you are doing. And if its moronic or mentally deranged, then maybe you should know that. Maybe I wouldn"t want you to be uninformed, since it"s the expressed dedication of most so called atheists here, to be rid of religion. and well ajusted non-believes just get on with their own lives and leave the religions to the religious, unless they want to know something about it.

Anyways, why would you expect a religious person to perform according to an atheist interpretation of his religion? The religious person is going to do according to what he understands in his faith, not according to what someone who doesn"t have faith in what he believes.
steffon66
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2014 12:31:48 PM
At 10/6/2014 1:00:05 AM, neutral wrote:

I think these are a direct response to how many of these Christians have been treated. As you see with threads such as 'All religion is a lie' or the constant refrain of 'genocidal gods' and the dearth of intelligent atheist responses - or the ready resort to flame when pressed ... at some point you reap what you sew.

Atheism itself may not be 'dumb' but there are a lot of atheists whose pretense in the religion forum is that they are here to school obviously stupid religious people - and with such an attitude, its a one way street without even the pretense of listening. And when an 'uppity' religious person corrects one of their mistakes? We see the flame.

Again, not all religious people are like this, but even a blind fool can see some of the worst offenders doing this here.

listen up you stupid piece of shitt. heres how it is. lol just kidding.. i like how you admit that atheism isnt dumb. christians think we are stupid because the what if your wrong argument. well i say what if christians are wrong and another religion is right. they all have one way to get to heaven and they claim its the only way. so if almost any religion is right most people are going to hell or a hellish place to be tormented forever. thats why i think religion is insane. would god really give us a bunch of false religions and one true religion and make us pick and play the lottery for salvation while throwing people in a lake of fire for picking the wrong religions? no he wouldnt. and i have heard no good argument against my perception on religion. i dont think theism is stupid but i do think religion is stupid and cruel and useless. we can build rockets that escape the gravity of this planet we are living on and christians and other religious people dont think we can come up with a few good rules for a morality on our own? yea right. the funny part about that for christians is that they think our ancestors ate from a magical tree of knowledge and that we will all know right from wrong whether we have a religion or not because its inherited. so they contradict themselves here yet again!