Total Posts:34|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Why are Christians opposed to child porn?

Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2014 5:42:05 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I represent and speak for all atheists. When I say that we see nothing wrong with child porn. I'm just wondering.... What's the deal Christians? Where in the bible does it say child porn was wrong?

And wasn't Jesus always talking about loving children, anyway?
Skepticalone
Posts: 6,132
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2014 6:14:35 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Wylted: They see me trollin'......

https://www.youtube.com...
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
SamStevens
Posts: 3,819
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2014 6:22:55 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/7/2014 5:42:05 PM, Wylted wrote:
I represent and speak for all atheists. When I say that we see nothing wrong with child porn. I'm just wondering.... What's the deal Christians? Where in the bible does it say child porn was wrong?

It depends. If a child is not harmed physically, or mentally, then you do speak for me. If physical and mental damage occurs, then you do not speak for me.

And wasn't Jesus always talking about loving children, anyway?
"This is the true horror of religion. It allows perfectly decent and sane people to believe by the billions, what only lunatics could believe on their own." Sam Harris
Life asked Death "Why do people love me but hate you?"
Death responded: "Because you are a beautiful lie, and I am the painful truth."
Beastt
Posts: 5,135
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2014 6:23:29 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/7/2014 5:42:05 PM, Wylted wrote:
I represent and speak for all atheists.
No you don't.

When I say that we see nothing wrong with child porn. I'm just wondering.... What's the deal Christians? Where in the bible does it say child porn was wrong?

And wasn't Jesus always talking about loving children, anyway?

This is a complex issue. It has been shown that as far as standard adult porn is concerned, where it is available, there are fewer sex crimes. It makes sense that making child porn available might result in fewer attacks against children. But the issue becomes; how do you make the decision for a child, that he or her is going to be made the object of lust when they're too young to make that decision for themselves?

I think the severe restrictions on child porn likely lead to more attacks on children and I'd rather see a child victimized through photos, than physically. But the fact remains that the child is a victim either way.

I think the likelihood is that you're a Christian, and you're trying to tell the world that atheist=pedophile. And that's simply sick, twisted and purely false.
"If we believe absurdities we shall commit atrocities." -- Voltaire
LogicalLunatic
Posts: 1,633
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2014 6:25:35 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/7/2014 5:42:05 PM, Wylted wrote:
I represent and speak for all atheists. When I say that we see nothing wrong with child porn. I'm just wondering.... What's the deal Christians? Where in the bible does it say child porn was wrong?

And wasn't Jesus always talking about loving children, anyway?

It is a sexual in nature, so all pornography is sinful according to the Bible, though it didn't exist back then outside of Greek statues and perhaps some paintings.
As for the child part, the Bible doesn't speak directly on Pedophilia (probably because there was already a taboo against it). However, in a symbolic passage about Israel, God says that He married Israel (personified as a female) whenever she was "at the age for love", implying that there is a time when someone is not at the age for love, such as with children.
It is also possible that sexual sins with children was a part of why God ordered the Canaanites annihilated/driven out of the land.
A True Work of Art: http://www.debate.org...

Atheist Logic: http://www.debate.org...

Bulproof formally admits to being a troll (Post 16):
http://www.debate.org...
Beastt
Posts: 5,135
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2014 6:28:38 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/7/2014 6:25:35 PM, LogicalLunatic wrote:
At 10/7/2014 5:42:05 PM, Wylted wrote:
I represent and speak for all atheists. When I say that we see nothing wrong with child porn. I'm just wondering.... What's the deal Christians? Where in the bible does it say child porn was wrong?

And wasn't Jesus always talking about loving children, anyway?

It is a sexual in nature, so all pornography is sinful according to the Bible, though it didn't exist back then outside of Greek statues and perhaps some paintings.
As for the child part, the Bible doesn't speak directly on Pedophilia (probably because there was already a taboo against it). However, in a symbolic passage about Israel, God says that He married Israel (personified as a female) whenever she was "at the age for love", implying that there is a time when someone is not at the age for love, such as with children.
It is also possible that sexual sins with children was a part of why God ordered the Canaanites annihilated/driven out of the land.

The guy is a troll. Notice how deliberately he claims to speak for all atheists? That's the set-up. Then he tries to claim there isn't anything wrong with child porn, and pretends that only Christians have a problem with it. The obvious interpretation he's trying to suggest is that atheists have no problem with child porn and he's 100% wrong.
"If we believe absurdities we shall commit atrocities." -- Voltaire
TN05
Posts: 4,492
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2014 6:29:34 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
It's one thing to joke about adult rape. It's another thing entirely to joke about child rape.
ElCorazonAma
Posts: 781
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2014 6:36:51 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/7/2014 5:42:05 PM, Wylted wrote:
I represent and speak for all atheists. When I say that we see nothing wrong with child porn. I'm just wondering.... What's the deal Christians? Where in the bible does it say child porn was wrong?

And wasn't Jesus always talking about loving children, anyway?

I'm not taking sides here, but child porn is illegal. So I can reason with maybe that being an exceptional explanation.
The verb is real but the adjective is only a hypothetical ideal. ~ Freedo
Dr_Obvious
Posts: 551
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2014 6:44:33 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/7/2014 5:42:05 PM, Wylted wrote:
I represent and speak for all atheists. When I say that we see nothing wrong with child porn. I'm just wondering.... What's the deal Christians? Where in the bible does it say child porn was wrong?

And wasn't Jesus always talking about loving children, anyway?

Please don't feed the troll. Just ignore it.
Truth_seeker
Posts: 1,811
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2014 6:44:44 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/7/2014 5:42:05 PM, Wylted wrote:
I represent and speak for all atheists. When I say that we see nothing wrong with child porn. I'm just wondering.... What's the deal Christians? Where in the bible does it say child porn was wrong?

And wasn't Jesus always talking about loving children, anyway?

Child pornography is a sin just as normal pornography because it promotes fornication. Exploiting children for sexual gratification is committing the sin of lust and that's what is forbidden in the Scriptures. There doesn't have to be a verse explicitly stating child porn is wrong, simply that lust can come in many forms.
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2014 6:54:11 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/7/2014 6:23:29 PM, Beastt wrote:
At 10/7/2014 5:42:05 PM, Wylted wrote:
I represent and speak for all atheists.
No you don't.

When I say that we see nothing wrong with child porn. I'm just wondering.... What's the deal Christians? Where in the bible does it say child porn was wrong?

And wasn't Jesus always talking about loving children, anyway?

This is a complex issue. It has been shown that as far as standard adult porn is concerned, where it is available, there are fewer sex crimes. It makes sense that making child porn available might result in fewer attacks against children. But the issue becomes; how do you make the decision for a child, that he or her is going to be made the object of lust when they're too young to make that decision for themselves?

You just have a kid take one for the team.


I think the severe restrictions on child porn likely lead to more attacks on children and I'd rather see a child victimized through photos, than physically. But the fact remains that the child is a victim either way.

I think the likelihood is that you're a Christian, and you're trying to tell the world that atheist=pedophile. And that's simply sick, twisted and purely false.
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2014 6:55:34 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/7/2014 6:29:34 PM, TN05 wrote:
It's one thing to joke about adult rape. It's another thing entirely to joke about child rape.

You're the king of noticing stuff that is different from each other.
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2014 6:56:26 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/7/2014 6:44:44 PM, Truth_seeker wrote:
At 10/7/2014 5:42:05 PM, Wylted wrote:
I represent and speak for all atheists. When I say that we see nothing wrong with child porn. I'm just wondering.... What's the deal Christians? Where in the bible does it say child porn was wrong?

And wasn't Jesus always talking about loving children, anyway?

Child pornography is a sin just as normal pornography because it promotes fornication. Exploiting children for sexual gratification is committing the sin of lust and that's what is forbidden in the Scriptures. There doesn't have to be a verse explicitly stating child porn is wrong, simply that lust can come in many forms.

Yeh, but Jesus loved children.
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2014 6:57:32 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/7/2014 6:44:33 PM, Dr_Obvious wrote:
At 10/7/2014 5:42:05 PM, Wylted wrote:
I represent and speak for all atheists. When I say that we see nothing wrong with child porn. I'm just wondering.... What's the deal Christians? Where in the bible does it say child porn was wrong?

And wasn't Jesus always talking about loving children, anyway?

Please don't feed the troll. Just ignore it.

What's my ELO?
Truth_seeker
Posts: 1,811
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2014 6:57:59 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/7/2014 6:56:26 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 10/7/2014 6:44:44 PM, Truth_seeker wrote:
At 10/7/2014 5:42:05 PM, Wylted wrote:
I represent and speak for all atheists. When I say that we see nothing wrong with child porn. I'm just wondering.... What's the deal Christians? Where in the bible does it say child porn was wrong?

And wasn't Jesus always talking about loving children, anyway?

Child pornography is a sin just as normal pornography because it promotes fornication. Exploiting children for sexual gratification is committing the sin of lust and that's what is forbidden in the Scriptures. There doesn't have to be a verse explicitly stating child porn is wrong, simply that lust can come in many forms.

Yeh, but Jesus loved children.

Not in a sexual manner though.
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2014 7:09:31 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/7/2014 6:57:59 PM, Truth_seeker wrote:
At 10/7/2014 6:56:26 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 10/7/2014 6:44:44 PM, Truth_seeker wrote:
At 10/7/2014 5:42:05 PM, Wylted wrote:
I represent and speak for all atheists. When I say that we see nothing wrong with child porn. I'm just wondering.... What's the deal Christians? Where in the bible does it say child porn was wrong?

And wasn't Jesus always talking about loving children, anyway?

Child pornography is a sin just as normal pornography because it promotes fornication. Exploiting children for sexual gratification is committing the sin of lust and that's what is forbidden in the Scriptures. There doesn't have to be a verse explicitly stating child porn is wrong, simply that lust can come in many forms.

Yeh, but Jesus loved children.

Not in a sexual manner though.

According to Scientology he did and I'm a Scientologist.
Dr_Obvious
Posts: 551
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2014 7:11:23 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/7/2014 6:57:32 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 10/7/2014 6:44:33 PM, Dr_Obvious wrote:
At 10/7/2014 5:42:05 PM, Wylted wrote:
I represent and speak for all atheists. When I say that we see nothing wrong with child porn. I'm just wondering.... What's the deal Christians? Where in the bible does it say child porn was wrong?

And wasn't Jesus always talking about loving children, anyway?

Please don't feed the troll. Just ignore it.

What's my ELO?

Who cares? I sure don't
LogicalLunatic
Posts: 1,633
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2014 7:11:39 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/7/2014 6:28:38 PM, Beastt wrote:
At 10/7/2014 6:25:35 PM, LogicalLunatic wrote:
At 10/7/2014 5:42:05 PM, Wylted wrote:
I represent and speak for all atheists. When I say that we see nothing wrong with child porn. I'm just wondering.... What's the deal Christians? Where in the bible does it say child porn was wrong?

And wasn't Jesus always talking about loving children, anyway?

It is a sexual in nature, so all pornography is sinful according to the Bible, though it didn't exist back then outside of Greek statues and perhaps some paintings.
As for the child part, the Bible doesn't speak directly on Pedophilia (probably because there was already a taboo against it). However, in a symbolic passage about Israel, God says that He married Israel (personified as a female) whenever she was "at the age for love", implying that there is a time when someone is not at the age for love, such as with children.
It is also possible that sexual sins with children was a part of why God ordered the Canaanites annihilated/driven out of the land.

The guy is a troll. Notice how deliberately he claims to speak for all atheists? That's the set-up. Then he tries to claim there isn't anything wrong with child porn, and pretends that only Christians have a problem with it. The obvious interpretation he's trying to suggest is that atheists have no problem with child porn and he's 100% wrong.

Wylted is either a Satanist or an atheist.
A True Work of Art: http://www.debate.org...

Atheist Logic: http://www.debate.org...

Bulproof formally admits to being a troll (Post 16):
http://www.debate.org...
YamaVonKarma
Posts: 7,570
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2014 7:14:54 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/7/2014 5:42:05 PM, Wylted wrote:
I represent and speak for all atheists. When I say that we see nothing wrong with child porn. I'm just wondering.... What's the deal Christians? Where in the bible does it say child porn was wrong?

And wasn't Jesus always talking about loving children, anyway?

I'm 65% pro child porn.
People who I've called as mafia DP1:
TUF, and YYW
Natec
Posts: 84
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2014 7:26:41 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/7/2014 6:29:34 PM, TN05 wrote:
It's one thing to joke about adult rape. It's another thing entirely to joke about child rape.

Quoted for truth.
Dude... stop...
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2014 7:39:21 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/7/2014 7:26:41 PM, Natec wrote:
At 10/7/2014 6:29:34 PM, TN05 wrote:
It's one thing to joke about adult rape. It's another thing entirely to joke about child rape.

Quoted for truth.

Children aren't old enough to consent by law. So how are people supposed to have sex with them consenting?
Natec
Posts: 84
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2014 7:52:41 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/7/2014 7:39:21 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 10/7/2014 7:26:41 PM, Natec wrote:
At 10/7/2014 6:29:34 PM, TN05 wrote:
It's one thing to joke about adult rape. It's another thing entirely to joke about child rape.

Quoted for truth.

Children aren't old enough to consent by law. So how are people supposed to have sex with them consenting?

Wait until they're 18 I guess.
Dude... stop...
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2014 7:55:41 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/7/2014 7:52:41 PM, Natec wrote:
At 10/7/2014 7:39:21 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 10/7/2014 7:26:41 PM, Natec wrote:
At 10/7/2014 6:29:34 PM, TN05 wrote:
It's one thing to joke about adult rape. It's another thing entirely to joke about child rape.

Quoted for truth.

Children aren't old enough to consent by law. So how are people supposed to have sex with them consenting?

Wait until they're 18 I guess.

But then they'll be too old
Natec
Posts: 84
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2014 7:57:15 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/7/2014 7:55:41 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 10/7/2014 7:52:41 PM, Natec wrote:
At 10/7/2014 7:39:21 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 10/7/2014 7:26:41 PM, Natec wrote:
At 10/7/2014 6:29:34 PM, TN05 wrote:
It's one thing to joke about adult rape. It's another thing entirely to joke about child rape.

Quoted for truth.

Children aren't old enough to consent by law. So how are people supposed to have sex with them consenting?

Wait until they're 18 I guess.

But then they'll be too old

Dude stop
Dude... stop...
1harderthanyouthink
Posts: 13,102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2014 8:04:57 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
To be honest, I'm not against child porn (as in 15 year olds, if I see an 8 year old...scarred...). It's their decision to do whatever they want. It doesn't say anything. The only thing that says it's wrong is national law. That's why I don't look for pictures of girls who are 17 years and 364 days old.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
jh1234lnew
Posts: 225
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2014 8:33:38 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/7/2014 5:42:05 PM, Wylted wrote:
I represent and speak for all atheists. When I say that we see nothing wrong with child porn. I'm just wondering.... What's the deal Christians? Where in the bible does it say child porn was wrong?

And wasn't Jesus always talking about loving children, anyway?

Because the Bible bans all pornography in general.