Jump to topic:

devil"s acknowledgment?

DPMartin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2014 7:07:23 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
When those who where possessed with demons, that came into the presence of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the spirit in them would acknowledge or make known Jesus as the Son of God. Why did Jesus tell them to keep quiet? Mk 3: 11-12, Lk 4:41
FaustianJustice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2014 10:34:35 PM
Because JC was annoyed with their constant yammering, he is trying to relate a parable, and these frickin' demons keep interupting his sermon.
Here we have an advocate for Islamic arranged marriages demonstrating that children can consent to sex.
http://www.debate.org...
DPMartin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2014 11:32:36 AM
At 10/7/2014 10:34:35 PM, FaustianJustice wrote:
Because JC was annoyed with their constant yammering, he is trying to relate a parable, and these frickin' demons keep interupting his sermon.

Na, I don"t think so, but its an answer.
Burls
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2014 11:55:57 AM
That was early in His career while He was actively suppressing the advertisement of His talent e.g MK 7:36 "And he charged them that they should tell no man"
12_13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2014 3:24:44 PM
At 10/7/2014 7:07:23 PM, DPMartin wrote:
When those who where possessed with demons, that came into the presence of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the spirit in them would acknowledge or make known Jesus as the Son of God. Why did Jesus tell them to keep quiet? Mk 3: 11-12, Lk 4:41

I think the reason was this:

Jesus therefore said to them, "My time has not yet come, but your time is always ready. The world can't hate you, but it hates me, because I testify about it, that its works are evil.
John 7:6-7
irreverent_god
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2014 3:41:50 PM

None of that ever really happened. The "why" of this tale is meaningless.
Logic and Reason are the precursor to Justice.
Faith and zealotry are the precursor to Folly.
DPMartin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2014 4:05:14 PM
At 10/8/2014 11:55:57 AM, Burls wrote:
That was early in His career while He was actively suppressing the advertisement of His talent e.g MK 7:36 "And he charged them that they should tell no man"

Never gave much thought to that possibility, but on the same token He eventually asked His Apostles what others were saying He is, and He then asked them who they thought He was.

I do believe He was looking for faith/acknowledgment from the people He was sent to. Every time they acknowledged Him as Son of God or show faith in Him He honored it, and it seems He was looking for those who could recognize Him rather then He proving He is who He said He is. For example the blind man that called out to Him and acknowledge Him as the Son of David, which is to acknowledge Him as the King promised.

In the case of the devils and demons I do believe it maybe based on the fact that He didn"t care for, or He wasn"t going to acknowledge their recognition of Him. He didn"t come to save them and restore them into God"s Presence. At the time that was for God"s Chosen the Israelites, and then the Gentiles.
DPMartin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2014 4:09:41 PM
At 10/8/2014 3:41:50 PM, irreverent_god wrote:

Thanks for that amazing insight, we would have never considered that other people don"t believe it. It amazing how insightful the faith in doubt all religions and beliefs and faith is.
DPMartin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2014 4:11:51 PM
At 10/8/2014 3:24:44 PM, 12_13 wrote:

Jesus therefore said to them, "My time has not yet come, but your time is always ready. The world can't hate you, but it hates me, because I testify about it, that its works are evil.

I"m not sure how you see that fits together as the reason. Could you explain?
irreverent_god
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2014 4:24:17 PM
At 10/8/2014 4:09:41 PM, DPMartin wrote:
At 10/8/2014 3:41:50 PM, irreverent_god wrote:

Thanks for that amazing insight, we would have never considered that other people don"t believe it. It amazing how insightful the faith in doubt all religions and beliefs and faith is.

You're welcome. I'm glad I could help.
Logic and Reason are the precursor to Justice.
Faith and zealotry are the precursor to Folly.
Burls
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2014 4:26:16 PM
Gee, I don't know, Jesus said he came for the lost and some of the host that fell from Heaven would figure into that.
DPMartin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2014 6:02:18 PM
At 10/8/2014 4:26:16 PM, Burls wrote:
Gee, I don't know, Jesus said he came for the lost and some of the host that fell from Heaven would figure into that.

If they figured into salvation, then they would be invited to repent and be saved of which they were not. They were cast out of the place that is man"s, not invited in. Even when A&E were explaining who was to blame, to the Lord, they were heard but the serpent had no opportunity to speak for himself. So no, those souls that refuse God have no salvation to claim unless they repent, Satan and friends get much less then that.

Therefore their acknowledgment of Jesus as Son of God will not bring them opportunity for restoration into God's Presence, the promise of God"s Grace and Mercy isn"t to them.
Burls
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2014 6:26:03 PM
The relatively undeveloped nature of our world suggests to me that it is an outpost where those dissatisfied with being close to God can implement a preferred style of world domination. Out of respect, I think God would leave it and it's settlers to their own devices until such a time that interference is obligatory, which may account for some lapses in apparent involvement. Doubtless the 'Fallen' have their perspectives and ambitions to greatness rivaling the powers of where they came from, and doubtless there are some, as in the Exodus, if it can be taken metaphorically, who regret leaving the relative security of their former lives, and prohibiting their repatriation of the prodigal doesn't fit the profile of a forgiving God.
DPMartin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2014 8:08:11 PM
At 10/8/2014 6:26:03 PM, Burls wrote:
The relatively undeveloped nature of our world suggests to me that it is an outpost where those dissatisfied with being close to God can implement a preferred style of world domination. Out of respect, I think God would leave it and it's settlers to their own devices until such a time that interference is obligatory, which may account for some lapses in apparent involvement. Doubtless the 'Fallen' have their perspectives and ambitions to greatness rivaling the powers of where they came from, and doubtless there are some, as in the Exodus, if it can be taken metaphorically, who regret leaving the relative security of their former lives, and prohibiting their repatriation of the prodigal doesn't fit the profile of a forgiving God.

If you are speaking of Satan and friends. It"s one thing to make choices that would cause one"s self to not be in God"s Presence, so to speak without getting into anything about heaven and hell and what they may or may not be. And its another thing to know the truth, and deceive others about it that they wouldn"t know and die.

Since Satan and friends have been in Heaven at one time that would mean they have seen the face of God and have rejected His will, but also lies to mankind about who God is and what He is like. When Satan convinces the world that he is god or at the least of god. I don"t think that"s going to win any points.

How is lying to others about the Truth that cause them to not only be ignorant of the Truth but die because of the ignorance warrant excuse for Mercy?
12_13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2014 1:48:09 PM
At 10/8/2014 4:11:51 PM, DPMartin wrote:

I think Jesus denied them to speak, because it was not right time to make known Jesus as the Son of God.
DPMartin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2014 2:20:11 PM
At 10/9/2014 1:48:09 PM, 12_13 wrote:
At 10/8/2014 4:11:51 PM, DPMartin wrote:

I think Jesus denied them to speak, because it was not right time to make known Jesus as the Son of God.

I can understand how one might see it that way, but I would disagree with that reason being the Gospel according to John was maybe not perfectly, chronological in his writing and in chapter 5 he writes:

Jn:5:16: And therefore did the Jews persecute Jesus, and sought to slay him, because he had done these things on the sabbath day.
17: But Jesus answered them, My Father worketh hitherto, and I work.
18: Therefore the Jews sought the more to kill him, because he not only had broken the sabbath, but said also that God was his Father, making himself equal with God.
19: Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise.
20: For the Father loveth the Son, and sheweth him all things that himself doeth: and he will shew him greater works than these, that ye may marvel.
21: For as the Father raiseth up the dead, and quickeneth them; even so the Son quickeneth whom he will.
22: For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son:
23: That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him.
24: Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.
25: Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live.
26: For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself;
27: And hath given him authority to execute judgment also, because he is the Son of man.

In v 18 it understood He is speaking as though He is the Son of God. So if what you are saying is true it would seem to me that Jesus would refrain from the speech or conversation He had.

Though they recognized He was speaking as though He was the Son of God in the Son of man, whether they acknowledge Him as the Son of God is another.
12_13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2014 1:23:46 PM
At 10/9/2014 2:20:11 PM, DPMartin wrote:
In v 18 it understood He is speaking as though He is the Son of God. So if what you are saying is true it would seem to me that Jesus would refrain from the speech or conversation He had.

Though they recognized He was speaking as though He was the Son of God in the Son of man, whether they acknowledge Him as the Son of God is another.

Good point. So, maybe the reason was that he wanted to tell it by himself.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2014 1:33:27 PM

False prophets wrote and produced the new testament, not God's saints. If you believe everything that is written in it, you will be greatly deceived.