Jump to topic:

True love

Truth_seeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2014 11:54:09 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Been studying psychology a bit and learned that people cannot control what happens, but they can control their reactions to it. Our successes and mistakes also form who we are as individuals. If we never made mistakes, we would not be able to grow. The purpose of the Torah is to show our sin and that we need a remedy for it through Jesus. We all need to fail, but we must never allow our failures to define who we are. We accept ourselves and become elevated to something greater.

Growing up, i used to be very selfish, arrogant, hurtful, and cold. Nevertheless, bad things happened to me which was devastating, but changed me. I am so much more loving and caring than before. The strongest person is the one who learns to love others despite the pain inflicted. As Christians, we are to freely give the same love Jesus gave. We are to accept who we are because God accepted us so then acknowledge that we can change.
Measure
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2014 12:01:49 AM
At 10/7/2014 11:54:09 PM, Truth_seeker wrote:
Been studying psychology a bit and learned that people cannot control what happens, but they can control their reactions to it. Our successes and mistakes also form who we are as individuals. If we never made mistakes, we would not be able to grow. The purpose of the Torah is to show our sin and that we need a remedy for it through Jesus. We all need to fail, but we must never allow our failures to define who we are. We accept ourselves and become elevated to something greater.

Growing up, i used to be very selfish, arrogant, hurtful, and cold. Nevertheless, bad things happened to me which was devastating, but changed me. I am so much more loving and caring than before. The strongest person is the one who learns to love others despite the pain inflicted. As Christians, we are to freely give the same love Jesus gave. We are to accept who we are because God accepted us so then acknowledge that we can change.

What kind of love is that? Some have different ideas of JESUS' love, etc eternal torment.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2014 12:03:19 AM
At 10/7/2014 11:54:09 PM, Truth_seeker wrote:

And as human animals you need to understand that you are not special that you, like everything else, dies.
There is no need nor chance of an afterlife invented by superstitious goatherds.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Obed
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2014 5:06:47 PM
We do not love purely, sincerely, deeply from the heart until after we obey Jesus" teachings. We do not know how to really love, until we love like Jesus loved us, and that comes from obeying him and believing in him. We love better after the sanctifying work of the Holy Spirit.

See 1 Peter 1:22; John 13:34; Romans 12:10; James 4:8; Hebrews 13:1; 1 Peter 1:2; 1 Peter 3:8; 1 Peter 4:8;