Total Posts:103|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Are you created in God's image?

GreatestIam
Posts: 1,723
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2014 1:35:27 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Are you created in God's image?

"The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully."
" Richard Dawkins, The God Delusion

Deuteronomy 32:4
He is the Rock, his work is perfect

Matthew 5:48
Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

Scriptures tell us to be like God and emulate all he does as we are to follow in his footsteps.

If you are a Christian, are you capable of following your God?

Would you be able and willing to do some of the things the bible shows God doing?

Are you created in God"s image?

Regards
DL
neutral
Posts: 4,478
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2014 1:41:20 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/8/2014 1:35:27 PM, GreatestIam wrote:
Are you created in God's image?

"The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully."
" Richard Dawkins, The God Delusion

Deuteronomy 32:4
He is the Rock, his work is perfect

Matthew 5:48
Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

Scriptures tell us to be like God and emulate all he does as we are to follow in his footsteps.

If you are a Christian, are you capable of following your God?

Would you be able and willing to do some of the things the bible shows God doing?

Are you created in God"s image?

Regards
DL

I can't speak for you ... but I sure was. Adonis ... that's what my wife calls me ;-)
GreatestIam
Posts: 1,723
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2014 3:13:03 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/8/2014 1:41:20 PM, neutral wrote:
At 10/8/2014 1:35:27 PM, GreatestIam wrote:
Are you created in God's image?

"The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully."
" Richard Dawkins, The God Delusion

Deuteronomy 32:4
He is the Rock, his work is perfect

Matthew 5:48
Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

Scriptures tell us to be like God and emulate all he does as we are to follow in his footsteps.

If you are a Christian, are you capable of following your God?

Would you be able and willing to do some of the things the bible shows God doing?

Are you created in God"s image?

Regards
DL

I can't speak for you ... but I sure was. Adonis ... that's what my wife calls me ;-)

She just want's your check. :-)

That is what she told me when I dropped her of the other night. She calls me well hung for the same damned reason. LOL.

Regards
DL
12_13
Posts: 1,365
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2014 3:19:21 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/8/2014 1:35:27 PM, GreatestIam wrote:
Are you created in God's image?

I am human and I believe all humans were created as image of God. But I think image is less than the target. Or what do you think, would you pay as much for the image of house as for the actual house?

Matthew 5:48
Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

Scriptures tell us to be like God and emulate all he does as we are to follow in his footsteps.

And the scripture told that this means being perfect:

But I tell you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who mistreat you and persecute you, that you may be children of your Father who is in heaven. For he makes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the just and the unjust. For if you love those who love you, what reward do you have? Don't even the tax collectors do the same? If you only greet your friends, what more do you do than others? Don't even the tax collectors do the same? Therefore you shall be perfect, just as your Father in heaven is perfect.
Mat. 5:44-45

It seems to me that atheists hate that teaching and don"t want to live according to it.

If you are a Christian, are you capable of following your God?

I think with God"s help, everything is possible.
neutral
Posts: 4,478
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2014 1:26:08 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/8/2014 3:13:03 PM, GreatestIam wrote:
At 10/8/2014 1:41:20 PM, neutral wrote:
At 10/8/2014 1:35:27 PM, GreatestIam wrote:
Are you created in God's image?

"The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully."
" Richard Dawkins, The God Delusion

Deuteronomy 32:4
He is the Rock, his work is perfect

Matthew 5:48
Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

Scriptures tell us to be like God and emulate all he does as we are to follow in his footsteps.

If you are a Christian, are you capable of following your God?

Would you be able and willing to do some of the things the bible shows God doing?

Are you created in God"s image?

Regards
DL

I can't speak for you ... but I sure was. Adonis ... that's what my wife calls me ;-)

She just want's your check. :-)

That is what she told me when I dropped her of the other night. She calls me well hung for the same damned reason. LOL.

Regards
DL

That's only because you choke yourself INXS style ;-)

How did you know she was a rope salesperson though?
Beastt
Posts: 5,135
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2014 2:18:16 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/8/2014 1:41:20 PM, neutral wrote:
At 10/8/2014 1:35:27 PM, GreatestIam wrote:
Are you created in God's image?

"The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully."
" Richard Dawkins, The God Delusion

Deuteronomy 32:4
He is the Rock, his work is perfect

Matthew 5:48
Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

Scriptures tell us to be like God and emulate all he does as we are to follow in his footsteps.

If you are a Christian, are you capable of following your God?

Would you be able and willing to do some of the things the bible shows God doing?

Are you created in God"s image?

Regards
DL

I can't speak for you ... but I sure was. Adonis ... that's what my wife calls me ;-)

If you were made in God's (proposed) image, it would mean you don't have a body.
"If we believe absurdities we shall commit atrocities." -- Voltaire
Beastt
Posts: 5,135
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2014 2:28:56 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
How many here have no physical body,
... no physical brain
... no capacity to sin
... no sex drive
... no need to eat
... no need to breathe
... cannot forgive
... have no tie to any specific temporal rate
... exist everywhere at all times
... love that which is sinful, evil and wicked
... believe that justice is done when the innocent are punished and the guilty freed
... are racist
... believe men are superior to women
... can only act through the actions of men
... believe everyone should be allowed to do whatever they wish to do
... believe that children of parents who do evil should be killed.

Anyone fitting that set of criteria may have grounds upon which to claim that they are made in the image of God.
"If we believe absurdities we shall commit atrocities." -- Voltaire
neutral
Posts: 4,478
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2014 2:58:29 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/9/2014 2:18:16 AM, Beastt wrote:
At 10/8/2014 1:41:20 PM, neutral wrote:
At 10/8/2014 1:35:27 PM, GreatestIam wrote:
Are you created in God's image?

"The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully."
" Richard Dawkins, The God Delusion

Deuteronomy 32:4
He is the Rock, his work is perfect

Matthew 5:48
Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

Scriptures tell us to be like God and emulate all he does as we are to follow in his footsteps.

If you are a Christian, are you capable of following your God?

Would you be able and willing to do some of the things the bible shows God doing?

Are you created in God"s image?

Regards
DL

I can't speak for you ... but I sure was. Adonis ... that's what my wife calls me ;-)

If you were made in God's (proposed) image, it would mean you don't have a body.

Who says God does not have a body? Or that he cannot?

Again, you keep making things up about our faith with the sole attempt to descredit through strawmen.
GreatestIam
Posts: 1,723
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2014 4:48:26 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/8/2014 3:19:21 PM, 12_13 wrote:
At 10/8/2014 1:35:27 PM, GreatestIam wrote:
Are you created in God's image?

I am human and I believe all humans were created as image of God. But I think image is less than the target. Or what do you think, would you pay as much for the image of house as for the actual house?

Matthew 5:48
Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

Scriptures tell us to be like God and emulate all he does as we are to follow in his footsteps.

And the scripture told that this means being perfect:

But I tell you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who mistreat you and persecute you, that you may be children of your Father who is in heaven. For he makes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the just and the unjust. For if you love those who love you, what reward do you have? Don't even the tax collectors do the same? If you only greet your friends, what more do you do than others? Don't even the tax collectors do the same? Therefore you shall be perfect, just as your Father in heaven is perfect.
Mat. 5:44-45

It seems to me that atheists hate that teaching and don"t want to live according to it.

If you are a Christian, are you capable of following your God?

I think with God"s help, everything is possible.

https://www.youtube.com...

Only an idiot would have told the Jews to love Hitler as they walked into the furnaces and only a fool would love a God who creates a hell for them to burn in.

Will you love the one who rapes your wife. Will you turn the other cheek and hand him your daughter for his next with a loving hand?

Put your brain in gears fool.

Regards
DL
Beastt
Posts: 5,135
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2014 4:54:04 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/9/2014 2:58:29 AM, neutral wrote:
At 10/9/2014 2:18:16 AM, Beastt wrote:
At 10/8/2014 1:41:20 PM, neutral wrote:
At 10/8/2014 1:35:27 PM, GreatestIam wrote:
Are you created in God's image?

"The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully."
" Richard Dawkins, The God Delusion

Deuteronomy 32:4
He is the Rock, his work is perfect

Matthew 5:48
Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

Scriptures tell us to be like God and emulate all he does as we are to follow in his footsteps.

If you are a Christian, are you capable of following your God?

Would you be able and willing to do some of the things the bible shows God doing?

Are you created in God"s image?

Regards
DL

I can't speak for you ... but I sure was. Adonis ... that's what my wife calls me ;-)

If you were made in God's (proposed) image, it would mean you don't have a body.

Who says God does not have a body? Or that he cannot?
When you point out that there isn't any evidence for God, it's... "But, but, but... God isn't physical!"
When you point out that he doesn't have a body... you want to argue with that as well.

Again, you keep making things up about our faith with the sole attempt to descredit through strawmen.
No, no one is making up the claim that God is not physical. Moron!
"If we believe absurdities we shall commit atrocities." -- Voltaire
bulproof
Posts: 25,309
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2014 5:07:27 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/9/2014 2:28:56 AM, Beastt wrote:
How many here have no physical body,
... no physical brain
... no capacity to sin
... no sex drive
... no need to eat
... no need to breathe
... cannot forgive
... have no tie to any specific temporal rate
... exist everywhere at all times
... love that which is sinful, evil and wicked
... believe that justice is done when the innocent are punished and the guilty freed
... are racist
... believe men are superior to women
... can only act through the actions of men
... believe everyone should be allowed to do whatever they wish to do
... believe that children of parents who do evil should be killed.

Anyone fitting that set of criteria may have grounds upon which to claim that they are made in the image of God.

+1
neutral
Posts: 4,478
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2014 5:56:07 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/9/2014 4:54:04 AM, Beastt wrote:
At 10/9/2014 2:58:29 AM, neutral wrote:
At 10/9/2014 2:18:16 AM, Beastt wrote:
At 10/8/2014 1:41:20 PM, neutral wrote:
At 10/8/2014 1:35:27 PM, GreatestIam wrote:
Are you created in God's image?

"The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully."
" Richard Dawkins, The God Delusion

Deuteronomy 32:4
He is the Rock, his work is perfect

Matthew 5:48
Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

Scriptures tell us to be like God and emulate all he does as we are to follow in his footsteps.

If you are a Christian, are you capable of following your God?

Would you be able and willing to do some of the things the bible shows God doing?

Are you created in God"s image?

Regards
DL

I can't speak for you ... but I sure was. Adonis ... that's what my wife calls me ;-)

If you were made in God's (proposed) image, it would mean you don't have a body.

Who says God does not have a body? Or that he cannot?
When you point out that there isn't any evidence for God, it's... "But, but, but... God isn't physical!"
When you point out that he doesn't have a body... you want to argue with that as well.

Again, you keep making things up about our faith with the sole attempt to descredit through strawmen.
No, no one is making up the claim that God is not physical. Moron!

Who says that an incorporeal being cannot take a body? Does not present himself in a body?

Again - it says IMAGE - not physical body of god transposed onto us. You are simply reading things that aren't there ... agh ... moron?
GreatestIam
Posts: 1,723
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2014 11:54:58 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/9/2014 7:18:36 AM, bulproof wrote:
The Jewish/Christian god is made in man's image.
Just read the book.

But not through faith blinders or literally.

Faith v/s Reason

Faith is a way for theists to quit using their "God given" power of Reason and Logic, so they will believe doctrines that moral men reject as immoral.

The God of the OT says..."Come now, and let us reason together," [Isaiah 1:18]

How can one reason with God when one throw away reason?

Religions, especially Christianity reply.

"Faith must trample under foot all reason, sense, and understanding."
"Reason is a whore, the greatest enemy that faith has."
Martin Luther "

This puts the rest of us in a position where reasoning with theist becomes impossible.

It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into.
Jonathan Swift

Literalism is an evil practice that hides the true messages of myths. We cannot show our friends that they are wrong through their faith colored glasses. Their faith also plugs their ears.

Regards
DL
seeu46
Posts: 578
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2014 1:04:01 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/9/2014 11:54:58 AM, GreatestIam wrote:
At 10/9/2014 7:18:36 AM, bulproof wrote:
The Jewish/Christian god is made in man's image.
Just read the book.

But not through faith blinders or literally.

Faith v/s Reason

Faith is a way for theists to quit using their "God given" power of Reason and Logic, so they will believe doctrines that moral men reject as immoral.

The God of the OT says..."Come now, and let us reason together," [Isaiah 1:18]

How can one reason with God when one throw away reason?

Religions, especially Christianity reply.

"Faith must trample under foot all reason, sense, and understanding."
"Reason is a whore, the greatest enemy that faith has."
Martin Luther "

This puts the rest of us in a position where reasoning with theist becomes impossible.

It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into.
Jonathan Swift

Literalism is an evil practice that hides the true messages of myths. We cannot show our friends that they are wrong through their faith colored glasses. Their faith also plugs their ears.

Regards
DL

That's the problem with our reason. It is not ultimate. How many thought David would have beaten Goliath? How many thought Ali the Boxer would have beaten the rising star George Forman? Reason has its limitations but the trust in God in the end even if you don't understand "it" can endure to the end, without understanding the worldly ways. While those that picked George Foreman with reasons of the "sweet science" of boxing or understanding will look like fools to God.

Find me the man that can win the bet on any and every sport........every time and all the time..........and then ask him if God is real. Good luck finding such reason or logic.........LOL.

If you then say there are to many factors that hinders logic and reason for outcomes in these simple sports. Then you have answered the same thing for something that is much more greater then those simple games..............LOL

You never will.
Beastt
Posts: 5,135
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2014 1:40:03 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/9/2014 5:56:07 AM, neutral wrote:
At 10/9/2014 4:54:04 AM, Beastt wrote:
At 10/9/2014 2:58:29 AM, neutral wrote:
At 10/9/2014 2:18:16 AM, Beastt wrote:
At 10/8/2014 1:41:20 PM, neutral wrote:
At 10/8/2014 1:35:27 PM, GreatestIam wrote:
Are you created in God's image?

"The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully."
" Richard Dawkins, The God Delusion

Deuteronomy 32:4
He is the Rock, his work is perfect

Matthew 5:48
Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

Scriptures tell us to be like God and emulate all he does as we are to follow in his footsteps.

If you are a Christian, are you capable of following your God?

Would you be able and willing to do some of the things the bible shows God doing?

Are you created in God"s image?

Regards
DL

I can't speak for you ... but I sure was. Adonis ... that's what my wife calls me ;-)

If you were made in God's (proposed) image, it would mean you don't have a body.

Who says God does not have a body? Or that he cannot?
When you point out that there isn't any evidence for God, it's... "But, but, but... God isn't physical!"
When you point out that he doesn't have a body... you want to argue with that as well.

Again, you keep making things up about our faith with the sole attempt to descredit through strawmen.
No, no one is making up the claim that God is not physical. Moron!

Who says that an incorporeal being cannot take a body? Does not present himself in a body?
Grow up, Neutral. You're not even debating anymore. You're simply disagreeing with anything others say if you've disagreed with them in the past. For God to have a body makes him a biological being with a physical presence. He'd no longer be omnipresent, he'd need to eat, breathe, fart, and use the restroom. You're just being your usual pathetic self.

Again - it says IMAGE - not physical body of god transposed onto us. You are simply reading things that aren't there ... agh ... moron?
No, YOU are reading things which aren't there. If he doesn't have a physical body, then he doesn't have a body. Want to argue that? Then learn what that means - it means actually explaining yourself. If God doesn't have a physical body, how can he have a body?

I'm a bit sick of your childish gain-saying, without ever providing the slightest hint of support for your assertions. If you can't support your assertions, you have no place in debate. You're done here.
"If we believe absurdities we shall commit atrocities." -- Voltaire
Beastt
Posts: 5,135
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2014 1:46:57 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/9/2014 1:04:01 PM, seeu46 wrote:
At 10/9/2014 11:54:58 AM, GreatestIam wrote:
At 10/9/2014 7:18:36 AM, bulproof wrote:
The Jewish/Christian god is made in man's image.
Just read the book.

But not through faith blinders or literally.

Faith v/s Reason

Faith is a way for theists to quit using their "God given" power of Reason and Logic, so they will believe doctrines that moral men reject as immoral.

The God of the OT says..."Come now, and let us reason together," [Isaiah 1:18]

How can one reason with God when one throw away reason?

Religions, especially Christianity reply.

"Faith must trample under foot all reason, sense, and understanding."
"Reason is a whore, the greatest enemy that faith has."
Martin Luther "

This puts the rest of us in a position where reasoning with theist becomes impossible.

It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into.
Jonathan Swift

Literalism is an evil practice that hides the true messages of myths. We cannot show our friends that they are wrong through their faith colored glasses. Their faith also plugs their ears.

Regards
DL

That's the problem with our reason. It is not ultimate. How many thought David would have beaten Goliath?
That's fiction. It's like saying, "Who thought Jerry - a mouse - would win against Tom, the cat?

How many thought Ali the Boxer would have beaten the rising star George Forman?
Reason requires sufficient data. There are many things for which we simply can't gather than degree of data, or properly assess it, as tiny variations at one point, can have dramatic effects at a later point. This is what chaos theory shows us.

Reason has its limitations but the trust in God in the end even if you don't understand "it" can endure to the end, without understanding the worldly ways.
One can trust in fairies, four-leaf clovers, or a severed rodent's paw. All that shows is that they're not able to reason.
"If we believe absurdities we shall commit atrocities." -- Voltaire
12_13
Posts: 1,365
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2014 1:47:58 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/9/2014 4:48:26 AM, GreatestIam wrote:
Only an idiot would have told the Jews to love Hitler as they walked into the furnaces and only a fool would love a God who creates a hell for them to burn in.

Will you love the one who rapes your wife. Will you turn the other cheek and hand him your daughter for his next with a loving hand?

Love means that I don"t do anything wrong to others. I hope I would love also my enemies. It does not mean that I accept all evil things that people want to do, but that I don"t do anything evil for them. Other persons evilness doesn"t give right to be evil, in my opinion.
DPMartin
Posts: 1,096
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2014 1:50:07 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/8/2014 1:35:27 PM, GreatestIam wrote:
Are you created in God's image?

"The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully."

Well if that"s true and you are against Him then it would be safe to say, its not going to go well for you.

Considering He wiped out all flesh on the face of the gorund except Noah, what was the reason? Oh yea Noah found Grace in God"s site, an what was it God said of all men:

Gen:6:5: And GOD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.

Gen:6:6: And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.

Gen:8:21: And the LORD smelled a sweet savour; and the LORD said in his heart, I will not again curse the ground any more for man's sake; for the imagination of man's heart is evil from his youth; neither will I again smite any more every thing living, as I have done.

If one makes a veridical for a use and purpose, he"s not stupid enough to let it control it"s self and do what it wants. That"s not what he made it for, only a fool would agree to that or see that, that"s the way things work. Whether one believes in a Creator and Judge or not. If one is making something for one"s self then its made to the satisfaction of the maker not the made, the painter guides the result of the painting, not the other way around. (And no the figure isn"t in the rock if there"s no one to see what it is and bring it into the light) God has proven that He wants a certain result and will wipe the slate clean and start over if that"s what it takes. He"s got eternity to see it fulfilled to His satisfaction, man"s satisfactions, and dissatisfactions don"t warrant any of His attention in this.
seeu46
Posts: 578
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2014 2:28:23 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/9/2014 1:46:57 PM, Beastt wrote:
At 10/9/2014 1:04:01 PM, seeu46 wrote:
At 10/9/2014 11:54:58 AM, GreatestIam wrote:
At 10/9/2014 7:18:36 AM, bulproof wrote:
The Jewish/Christian god is made in man's image.
Just read the book.

But not through faith blinders or literally.

Faith v/s Reason

Faith is a way for theists to quit using their "God given" power of Reason and Logic, so they will believe doctrines that moral men reject as immoral.

The God of the OT says..."Come now, and let us reason together," [Isaiah 1:18]

How can one reason with God when one throw away reason?

Religions, especially Christianity reply.

"Faith must trample under foot all reason, sense, and understanding."
"Reason is a whore, the greatest enemy that faith has."
Martin Luther "

This puts the rest of us in a position where reasoning with theist becomes impossible.

It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into.
Jonathan Swift

Literalism is an evil practice that hides the true messages of myths. We cannot show our friends that they are wrong through their faith colored glasses. Their faith also plugs their ears.

Regards
DL

That's the problem with our reason. It is not ultimate. How many thought David would have beaten Goliath?
That's fiction. It's like saying, "Who thought Jerry - a mouse - would win against Tom, the cat?

You say that it is fiction. Show me your great....great...great....great grand mother from the time of 300 BC. Bring me her corpse or she is fiction........LOL.


How many thought Ali the Boxer would have beaten the rising star George Forman?
Reason requires sufficient data. There are many things for which we simply can't gather than degree of data, or properly assess it, as tiny variations at one point, can have dramatic effects at a later point. This is what chaos theory shows us.

Exactly logic and reason reaches a chaotic level and can not guide you approximately. Concession accepted. haha.........therefore logic and reason is not ultimate.


Reason has its limitations but the trust in God in the end even if you don't understand "it" can endure to the end, without understanding the worldly ways.
One can trust in fairies, four-leaf clovers, or a severed rodent's paw. All that shows is that they're not able to reason.

Trust can endure regardless if it is for God or for no God. But it is the trust that endures as my point still remains that logic and reason will always have it's limitation.
Beastt
Posts: 5,135
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2014 2:29:52 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/9/2014 1:50:07 PM, DPMartin wrote:
At 10/8/2014 1:35:27 PM, GreatestIam wrote:
Are you created in God's image?

"The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully."


Well if that"s true and you are against Him then it would be safe to say, its not going to go well for you.
Things didn't go well for those against Hitler in Nazi Germany either. Should we see might as the mark of right?

Considering He wiped out all flesh on the face of the gorund except Noah, what was the reason? Oh yea Noah found Grace in God"s site, an what was it God said of all men:
And all of those thousands and thousands of infants didn't find grace in God's site, nor did they have the intellectual capacity to do so, or to reject God. The same goes for the billions of animals.
Of course this is simply fiction. If there was enough water on Earth to flood Earth, Earth would be flooded. There are dozens of other problems regarding this supposed flood which show it to be fiction.

Gen:6:5: And GOD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.
Write in the name of God, and if your work is selected by a crew of plebeian dullards in the 4th century, and suddenly billions of people take your words as those of God.

Gen:6:6: And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.
Yes, it's a plagiarized story, edited to support Christianity. There are many older versions of the same fictional tale.

Gen:8:21: And the LORD smelled a sweet savour; and the LORD said in his heart, I will not again curse the ground any more for man's sake; for the imagination of man's heart is evil from his youth; neither will I again smite any more every thing living, as I have done.
So God created evil, then became angry because so many were evil, and this "perfect" God came up with a plan to wipe-out evil on the Earth. Being omnipotent, he didn't just miracle the evil away. No, he decided to drown it; animals, infants, children... everyone! Everyone except Noah and his family because they were the only people in the entire planet God considered to be worthy of saving. So after all of the anguish, fear, pain, suffering and death.... we still have evil.

So either the story is completely untrue as all evidence would indicate. Or God failed.




If one makes a veridical for a use and purpose, he"s not stupid enough to let it control it"s self and do what it wants. That"s not what he made it for, only a fool would agree to that or see that, that"s the way things work. Whether one believes in a Creator and Judge or not. If one is making something for one"s self then its made to the satisfaction of the maker not the made
And yet, we're told that God was dissatisfied with mankind, so he wiped them out (except for 8-people), to remove evil from the Earth... and the same book tells us that Earth is corrupted by evil today.

the painter guides the result of the painting, not the other way around. (And no the figure isn"t in the rock if there"s no one to see what it is and bring it into the light) God has proven that He wants a certain result and will wipe the slate clean and start over if that"s what it takes. He"s got eternity to see it fulfilled to His satisfaction, man"s satisfactions, and dissatisfactions don"t warrant any of His attention in this.
The failure of any design, is the failure of the designer.

"Perfect" entities have no need of wiping the slate clean and starting over. If they must do that, they're not perfect.
"If we believe absurdities we shall commit atrocities." -- Voltaire
Otokage
Posts: 2,360
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2014 2:37:16 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/9/2014 1:04:01 PM, seeu46 wrote:
At 10/9/2014 11:54:58 AM, GreatestIam wrote:
At 10/9/2014 7:18:36 AM, bulproof wrote:
The Jewish/Christian god is made in man's image.
Just read the book.

But not through faith blinders or literally.

Faith v/s Reason

Faith is a way for theists to quit using their "God given" power of Reason and Logic, so they will believe doctrines that moral men reject as immoral.

The God of the OT says..."Come now, and let us reason together," [Isaiah 1:18]

How can one reason with God when one throw away reason?

Religions, especially Christianity reply.

"Faith must trample under foot all reason, sense, and understanding."
"Reason is a whore, the greatest enemy that faith has."
Martin Luther "

This puts the rest of us in a position where reasoning with theist becomes impossible.

It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into.
Jonathan Swift

Literalism is an evil practice that hides the true messages of myths. We cannot show our friends that they are wrong through their faith colored glasses. Their faith also plugs their ears.

Regards
DL

That's the problem with our reason. It is not ultimate. How many thought David would have beaten Goliath? How many thought Ali the Boxer would have beaten the rising star George Forman? Reason has its limitations but the trust in God in the end even if you don't understand "it" can endure to the end, without understanding the worldly ways. While those that picked George Foreman with reasons of the "sweet science" of boxing or understanding will look like fools to God.

Find me the man that can win the bet on any and every sport........every time and all the time..........and then ask him if God is real. Good luck finding such reason or logic.........LOL.

If you then say there are to many factors that hinders logic and reason for outcomes in these simple sports. Then you have answered the same thing for something that is much more greater then those simple games..............LOL

You never will.

Wow, so now the existence of probability is another proof of God. You guys keep getting better and better at finding evidence to support your nonsense. Someday you will come to the forum and say: evolution proves God. lol
seeu46
Posts: 578
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2014 2:43:14 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/9/2014 2:37:16 PM, Otokage wrote:
At 10/9/2014 1:04:01 PM, seeu46 wrote:
At 10/9/2014 11:54:58 AM, GreatestIam wrote:
At 10/9/2014 7:18:36 AM, bulproof wrote:
The Jewish/Christian god is made in man's image.
Just read the book.

But not through faith blinders or literally.

Faith v/s Reason

Faith is a way for theists to quit using their "God given" power of Reason and Logic, so they will believe doctrines that moral men reject as immoral.

The God of the OT says..."Come now, and let us reason together," [Isaiah 1:18]

How can one reason with God when one throw away reason?

Religions, especially Christianity reply.

"Faith must trample under foot all reason, sense, and understanding."
"Reason is a whore, the greatest enemy that faith has."
Martin Luther "

This puts the rest of us in a position where reasoning with theist becomes impossible.

It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into.
Jonathan Swift

Literalism is an evil practice that hides the true messages of myths. We cannot show our friends that they are wrong through their faith colored glasses. Their faith also plugs their ears.

Regards
DL

That's the problem with our reason. It is not ultimate. How many thought David would have beaten Goliath? How many thought Ali the Boxer would have beaten the rising star George Forman? Reason has its limitations but the trust in God in the end even if you don't understand "it" can endure to the end, without understanding the worldly ways. While those that picked George Foreman with reasons of the "sweet science" of boxing or understanding will look like fools to God.

Find me the man that can win the bet on any and every sport........every time and all the time..........and then ask him if God is real. Good luck finding such reason or logic.........LOL.

If you then say there are to many factors that hinders logic and reason for outcomes in these simple sports. Then you have answered the same thing for something that is much more greater then those simple games..............LOL

You never will.

Wow, so now the existence of probability is another proof of God. You guys keep getting better and better at finding evidence to support your nonsense. Someday you will come to the forum and say: evolution proves God. lol

Wow, so now existence of probability is proof of no God. Wow you will use anything to disprove God. Next you will say you see no God under a microscope......so therefor there is no God.LOL

Obviously it is for "neither". It is what you believe in.
Otokage
Posts: 2,360
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2014 2:49:08 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/9/2014 2:43:14 PM, seeu46 wrote:
At 10/9/2014 2:37:16 PM, Otokage wrote:
At 10/9/2014 1:04:01 PM, seeu46 wrote:
At 10/9/2014 11:54:58 AM, GreatestIam wrote:
At 10/9/2014 7:18:36 AM, bulproof wrote:
The Jewish/Christian god is made in man's image.
Just read the book.

But not through faith blinders or literally.

Faith v/s Reason

Faith is a way for theists to quit using their "God given" power of Reason and Logic, so they will believe doctrines that moral men reject as immoral.

The God of the OT says..."Come now, and let us reason together," [Isaiah 1:18]

How can one reason with God when one throw away reason?

Religions, especially Christianity reply.

"Faith must trample under foot all reason, sense, and understanding."
"Reason is a whore, the greatest enemy that faith has."
Martin Luther "

This puts the rest of us in a position where reasoning with theist becomes impossible.

It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into.
Jonathan Swift

Literalism is an evil practice that hides the true messages of myths. We cannot show our friends that they are wrong through their faith colored glasses. Their faith also plugs their ears.

Regards
DL

That's the problem with our reason. It is not ultimate. How many thought David would have beaten Goliath? How many thought Ali the Boxer would have beaten the rising star George Forman? Reason has its limitations but the trust in God in the end even if you don't understand "it" can endure to the end, without understanding the worldly ways. While those that picked George Foreman with reasons of the "sweet science" of boxing or understanding will look like fools to God.

Find me the man that can win the bet on any and every sport........every time and all the time..........and then ask him if God is real. Good luck finding such reason or logic.........LOL.

If you then say there are to many factors that hinders logic and reason for outcomes in these simple sports. Then you have answered the same thing for something that is much more greater then those simple games..............LOL

You never will.

Wow, so now the existence of probability is another proof of God. You guys keep getting better and better at finding evidence to support your nonsense. Someday you will come to the forum and say: evolution proves God. lol

Wow, so now existence of probability is proof of no God. Wow you will use anything to disprove God. Next you will say you see no God under a microscope......so therefor there is no God.LOL

Obviously it is for "neither". It is what you believe in.

Next thread will be: "atheism, a definitive proof for God". And the posts in there will be very numerous and packed full of impossible to prove cheap crapy metaphysics that anyone with half a brain would never swallow.
seeu46
Posts: 578
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2014 2:54:23 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/9/2014 2:49:08 PM, Otokage wrote:
At 10/9/2014 2:43:14 PM, seeu46 wrote:
At 10/9/2014 2:37:16 PM, Otokage wrote:
At 10/9/2014 1:04:01 PM, seeu46 wrote:
At 10/9/2014 11:54:58 AM, GreatestIam wrote:
At 10/9/2014 7:18:36 AM, bulproof wrote:
The Jewish/Christian god is made in man's image.
Just read the book.

But not through faith blinders or literally.

Faith v/s Reason

Faith is a way for theists to quit using their "God given" power of Reason and Logic, so they will believe doctrines that moral men reject as immoral.

The God of the OT says..."Come now, and let us reason together," [Isaiah 1:18]

How can one reason with God when one throw away reason?

Religions, especially Christianity reply.

"Faith must trample under foot all reason, sense, and understanding."
"Reason is a whore, the greatest enemy that faith has."
Martin Luther "

This puts the rest of us in a position where reasoning with theist becomes impossible.

It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into.
Jonathan Swift

Literalism is an evil practice that hides the true messages of myths. We cannot show our friends that they are wrong through their faith colored glasses. Their faith also plugs their ears.

Regards
DL

That's the problem with our reason. It is not ultimate. How many thought David would have beaten Goliath? How many thought Ali the Boxer would have beaten the rising star George Forman? Reason has its limitations but the trust in God in the end even if you don't understand "it" can endure to the end, without understanding the worldly ways. While those that picked George Foreman with reasons of the "sweet science" of boxing or understanding will look like fools to God.

Find me the man that can win the bet on any and every sport........every time and all the time..........and then ask him if God is real. Good luck finding such reason or logic.........LOL.

If you then say there are to many factors that hinders logic and reason for outcomes in these simple sports. Then you have answered the same thing for something that is much more greater then those simple games..............LOL

You never will.

Wow, so now the existence of probability is another proof of God. You guys keep getting better and better at finding evidence to support your nonsense. Someday you will come to the forum and say: evolution proves God. lol

Wow, so now existence of probability is proof of no God. Wow you will use anything to disprove God. Next you will say you see no God under a microscope......so therefor there is no God.LOL

Obviously it is for "neither". It is what you believe in.

Next thread will be: "atheism, a definitive proof for God". And the posts in there will be very numerous and packed full of impossible to prove cheap crapy metaphysics that anyone with half a brain would never swallow.

^translation.....blah....blah.....you ka ka.......and doodoo don't swallow.
LOL
Next up......theism, a definitive proof for no God.
GreatestIam
Posts: 1,723
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2014 2:54:57 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/9/2014 1:04:01 PM, seeu46 wrote:
At 10/9/2014 11:54:58 AM, GreatestIam wrote:
At 10/9/2014 7:18:36 AM, bulproof wrote:
The Jewish/Christian god is made in man's image.
Just read the book.

But not through faith blinders or literally.

Faith v/s Reason

Faith is a way for theists to quit using their "God given" power of Reason and Logic, so they will believe doctrines that moral men reject as immoral.

The God of the OT says..."Come now, and let us reason together," [Isaiah 1:18]

How can one reason with God when one throw away reason?

Religions, especially Christianity reply.

"Faith must trample under foot all reason, sense, and understanding."
"Reason is a whore, the greatest enemy that faith has."
Martin Luther "

This puts the rest of us in a position where reasoning with theist becomes impossible.

It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into.
Jonathan Swift

Literalism is an evil practice that hides the true messages of myths. We cannot show our friends that they are wrong through their faith colored glasses. Their faith also plugs their ears.

Regards
DL

That's the problem with our reason. It is not ultimate. How many thought David would have beaten Goliath? How many thought Ali the Boxer would have beaten the rising star George Forman? Reason has its limitations but the trust in God in the end even if you don't understand "it" can endure to the end, without understanding the worldly ways. While those that picked George Foreman with reasons of the "sweet science" of boxing or understanding will look like fools to God.

Find me the man that can win the bet on any and every sport........every time and all the time..........and then ask him if God is real. Good luck finding such reason or logic.........LOL.

If you then say there are to many factors that hinders logic and reason for outcomes in these simple sports. Then you have answered the same thing for something that is much more greater then those simple games..............LOL

You never will.

We are not evaluating a sport. We are evaluating morals.

I see a genocidal son murdering prick of a God.

What do you see being portrayed in scriptures?

Regards
DL
GreatestIam
Posts: 1,723
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2014 3:03:41 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/9/2014 1:47:58 PM, 12_13 wrote:
At 10/9/2014 4:48:26 AM, GreatestIam wrote:
Only an idiot would have told the Jews to love Hitler as they walked into the furnaces and only a fool would love a God who creates a hell for them to burn in.

Will you love the one who rapes your wife. Will you turn the other cheek and hand him your daughter for his next with a loving hand?

Love means that I don"t do anything wrong to others. I hope I would love also my enemies. It does not mean that I accept all evil things that people want to do, but that I don"t do anything evil for them. Other persons evilness doesn"t give right to be evil, in my opinion.

Do unto others means reciprocity is fair play.

Your enemy is your enemy because he wishes you harm. If not he would not be your enemy.

Reciprocity or doing unto others means that you are to respond in kind. Sure, you ca show mercy but if he is truly your enemy then you are a fool to not hate him. Even God hated Esau in the womb in your myths so there is no divine injunction not to hate. Remember all those God hates all those he will send to hell.

Hate is good or your God would not have as much hate in him as he must have.

Regards
DL
seeu46
Posts: 578
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2014 3:11:38 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/9/2014 2:54:57 PM, GreatestIam wrote:
At 10/9/2014 1:04:01 PM, seeu46 wrote:
At 10/9/2014 11:54:58 AM, GreatestIam wrote:
At 10/9/2014 7:18:36 AM, bulproof wrote:
The Jewish/Christian god is made in man's image.
Just read the book.

But not through faith blinders or literally.

Faith v/s Reason

Faith is a way for theists to quit using their "God given" power of Reason and Logic, so they will believe doctrines that moral men reject as immoral.

The God of the OT says..."Come now, and let us reason together," [Isaiah 1:18]

How can one reason with God when one throw away reason?

Religions, especially Christianity reply.

"Faith must trample under foot all reason, sense, and understanding."
"Reason is a whore, the greatest enemy that faith has."
Martin Luther "

This puts the rest of us in a position where reasoning with theist becomes impossible.

It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into.
Jonathan Swift

Literalism is an evil practice that hides the true messages of myths. We cannot show our friends that they are wrong through their faith colored glasses. Their faith also plugs their ears.

Regards
DL

That's the problem with our reason. It is not ultimate. How many thought David would have beaten Goliath? How many thought Ali the Boxer would have beaten the rising star George Forman? Reason has its limitations but the trust in God in the end even if you don't understand "it" can endure to the end, without understanding the worldly ways. While those that picked George Foreman with reasons of the "sweet science" of boxing or understanding will look like fools to God.

Find me the man that can win the bet on any and every sport........every time and all the time..........and then ask him if God is real. Good luck finding such reason or logic.........LOL.

If you then say there are to many factors that hinders logic and reason for outcomes in these simple sports. Then you have answered the same thing for something that is much more greater then those simple games..............LOL

You never will.

We are not evaluating a sport. We are evaluating morals.

I see a genocidal son murdering prick of a God.

What do you see being portrayed in scriptures?

Regards
DL

What does your evaluation of God do.........
It does nothing to God. God should not do this.......God should not do that......

Do you always walk backwards? It is the other way around.
GreatestIam
Posts: 1,723
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2014 3:35:57 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/9/2014 1:50:07 PM, DPMartin wrote:
At 10/8/2014 1:35:27 PM, GreatestIam wrote:
Are you created in God's image?

"The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully."


Well if that"s true and you are against Him then it would be safe to say, its not going to go well for you.

Considering He wiped out all flesh on the face of the gorund except Noah, what was the reason? Oh yea Noah found Grace in God"s site, an what was it God said of all men:

Gen:6:5: And GOD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.

Gen:6:6: And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.

Gen:8:21: And the LORD smelled a sweet savour; and the LORD said in his heart, I will not again curse the ground any more for man's sake; for the imagination of man's heart is evil from his youth; neither will I again smite any more every thing living, as I have done.




If one makes a veridical for a use and purpose, he"s not stupid enough to let it control it"s self and do what it wants. That"s not what he made it for, only a fool would agree to that or see that, that"s the way things work. Whether one believes in a Creator and Judge or not. If one is making something for one"s self then its made to the satisfaction of the maker not the made, the painter guides the result of the painting, not the other way around. (And no the figure isn"t in the rock if there"s no one to see what it is and bring it into the light) God has proven that He wants a certain result and will wipe the slate clean and start over if that"s what it takes. He"s got eternity to see it fulfilled to His satisfaction, man"s satisfactions, and dissatisfactions don"t warrant any of His attention in this.

If what I said is true and you are for him, what does that say of you?

I think I would be on the moral high ground and you would be on the satanic low ground.

We are not a painting, vehicles nor stones. We are sentient beings. You have to reduce us to inanimate objects in your thinking to not be disgusted with yourself.

I am working on an answer for another and might make it an O.P. See what you think.

How much hate does God have as compared to love in his heart?

God says to love the sinner and hate the sin. But scriptures say that, at the end, the numbers of souls in hell will far surpass the number of souls in heaven. The wide road as compared to the narrow road.

If, at the end, God must destroy that many of us in the lake of fire, his hate would have to be much greater than the love he has for the relatively few that he will cling to and love in the place for eternal bliss, heaven.

To my way of thinking, it would be impossible to kill with love in one"s heart and so God would have to have hate in his when he kills instead of cures all those souls. We do know that God does not need or have to kill, but will, and God cannot have love in his heart when he does. That would be monstrous.

I know that love and hate for souls are not necessarily proportional but even at ten to one, God must end with a lot more hate than love in his heart when he pours the vast majority of us into the lake of fire.

How then can God ask us to love sinners and hate the sin when he hates the sinner?

Regards
DL