Jump to topic:

Is God alive

abyteofbrain
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2014 10:54:06 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
This is a serious thread for serious posts about some of the most important ideas. I have significant reason to believe that God is perhaps either dead, or ignoring us. perhaps he created a perfect world and left us on our own. Perhaps the devil defeated Him. Or, least likely of all, perhaps He never existed.
Also, what about Biblical salvation, if there is a God? I have a fairly strong opinion on this subject, but the Bible is so nebulous that it permits a wide spectrum of views on the subject.
I want to hear serious opinions on these things.
Beastt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2014 11:11:21 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/8/2014 10:54:06 PM, abyteofbrain wrote:
This is a serious thread for serious posts about some of the most important ideas. I have significant reason to believe that God is perhaps either dead, or ignoring us. perhaps he created a perfect world and left us on our own. Perhaps the devil defeated Him. Or, least likely of all, perhaps He never existed.
Also, what about Biblical salvation, if there is a God? I have a fairly strong opinion on this subject, but the Bible is so nebulous that it permits a wide spectrum of views on the subject.
I want to hear serious opinions on these things.

God could not qualify to be defined as "living". Life is a specific set of chemical reactions, occurring within a physical body. God is said to have no physical body, and thus does not qualify; nor is God physical, which rules out chemical reactions. God does fully qualify - and is fully consistent - with being imaginary.
"If we believe absurdities we shall commit atrocities." -- Voltaire