Jump to topic:

Q/A Christian Help

The-Holy-Macrel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2014 7:31:08 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
If you need help with your faith or want help in beliving, or just want questions awnsered this is my place to do that.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2014 7:46:56 AM
At 10/9/2014 7:31:08 AM, The-Holy-Macrel wrote:
If you need help with your faith or want help in beliving, or just want questions awnsered this is my place to do that.

Why is your god described, by the book allegedly of his word, as a genocidal, jealous, vengeful, hateful, incompetent moron?
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
The-Holy-Macrel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2014 7:57:02 AM
For proof check out my debates, and for why that is in the bible is because that is how his endless love is described in it.
mortsdor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2014 5:03:47 PM
At 10/9/2014 7:46:56 AM, bulproof wrote:
Why is your god described, by the book allegedly of his word, as a genocidal, jealous, vengeful, hateful, incompetent moron?

At 10/9/2014 7:57:02 AM, The-Holy-Macrel wrote:
for why that is in the bible is because that is how his endless love is described in it.

lol
Your saying the Bible describes "Endless Love" as genocidal, jealous, incompetent hatred?

seems like an awkward definition.
mortsdor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2014 5:10:39 PM
I mean, I don't doubt that somewhere in one of the two tomes it identifies God with endless love...

and we all know that there's ample evidence of him being a childish, stubborn, violent, buffoon....

It's just funny to hear the two competing aspects of the character admitted to at once, much less be said claiming those seemingly opposed set of traits being said to be one and the same thing.
mortsdor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2014 6:32:04 PM
At 10/9/2014 6:09:06 PM, The-Holy-Macrel wrote:
Remember god isn't a person of this time period, or any for that matter.

In the bible he's often portrayed as reacting in a contemporaneous manner to current events.

like when he reacts to the jews worshiping a golden calf, and tells Moses that he's going to kill all the jews...

then moses changes god's mind, convincing him to only kill about half of them.

this story among others places his thoughts as particular to/changing with time.
Skikx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2014 6:37:11 PM

Why would anybody want help to believe in something?
That's like asking to be brainwashed.
Skikx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2014 7:02:36 PM
At 10/9/2014 6:40:20 PM, The-Holy-Macrel wrote:
This forum is for people who need religous help, specifically christians.

Well, this is a debate website, not a religious guide.

Either way, my question remains. Why would anybody ask for help, and therefore want to believe in something they don't currently believe in?
Asking somebody to make me believe in something is asking to be brainwashed.
JasperFrancisShickadance
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2014 7:12:17 PM

I am a Christian but I want to hear your answer. Can a Christian be homosexual?
My cat knows how I feel (inside joke). Oh and I'm a klutz who loves to make people laugh! I want to be remembered for my hospitality and humor.
The-Holy-Macrel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2014 7:33:26 PM
Technically yes but my opinion on homosexuality is that is against nature but i don't try to explain it because it requires a higher wisedom to awnser that question, so i go with "what would jesus do/think"
mortsdor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2014 7:40:46 PM
At 10/9/2014 7:33:26 PM, The-Holy-Macrel wrote:
Technically yes but my opinion on homosexuality is that is against nature but i don't try to explain it because it requires a higher wisedom to awnser that question, so i go with "what would jesus do/think"

against nature...
were you aware that sometimes people are born with rather ambiguous genetalia?

are you aware that nature sometimes winds up with people straddling the line between male and female?

It's clear that this occurs with the more explicit, obvious, ends of sex/gender, that is in people's physical parts...
but why couldn't nature similarly wind up creating a more varied landscape of differences in the way that people naturally feel?

also, as to what would Jesus do...
what do you think he would he do/think ?
The-Holy-Macrel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2014 7:45:55 PM
I don't want to hurt anyone who was slightly mutated at birth so i am not awnsering that. But i don't know what jesus would do so i get as close as i can.
mortsdor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2014 7:48:17 PM
At 10/9/2014 7:40:46 PM, mortsdor wrote:
It's clear that this occurs with the more explicit, obvious, ends of sex/gender, that is in people's physical parts...
but why couldn't nature similarly wind up creating a more varied landscape of differences in the way that people naturally feel?

I don't see how answering the bolded could offend any people who have an uncommon collection of parts.
Composer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2014 8:05:11 PM
Well jebus slept with up to 12 men at a time!
mortsdor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2014 8:42:59 PM
At 10/9/2014 8:40:05 PM, Double_R wrote:
I just killed a man. If I go to church and confess can I be saved and never have to face punishment?

From what I remember, that's going to be a lot of hail-marys.
also, I'm thinking most priests will probably tell you to confess to the cops as well... to better show that you're really sorry.

Now if you were a priest it'd be best to just say sorry and be done with it... bad PR is bad PR
mortsdor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2014 8:44:56 PM
At 10/9/2014 8:42:59 PM, mortsdor wrote:
At 10/9/2014 8:40:05 PM, Double_R wrote:
I just killed a man. If I go to church and confess can I be saved and never have to face punishment?

From what I remember, that's going to be a lot of hail-marys.
also, I'm thinking most priests will probably tell you to confess to the cops as well... to better show that you're really sorry.

Now if you were a priest it'd be best to just say sorry and be done with it... bad PR is bad PR

Granted, I guess this is mostly applicable from a catholic perspective...

also, I don't mean to seem self-righteous, not that i've killed anyone or anything though.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2014 9:30:13 PM

Man can't help anyone get faith. Only God can make faithful prophets and saints when He comes into their mind to teach them who He is before He has us write and speak for Him.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2014 9:32:47 PM

Only God is wise and He uses saints to speak His wisdom. Christians have never been used to speak for our invisible Creator.
FaustianJustice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2014 10:38:43 PM
Ladies and Gents, considering the topic of the forum post is "Christian Help", might it be possible that the exisistance/good/bad traits we would like to assign to the denomination named could be put into a different more relevant thread?

This particular topic is not asking for a debate, it would be in good taste to leave it specifically for Christians to speak with one another.
Here we have an advocate for Islamic arranged marriages demonstrating that children can consent to sex.
http://www.debate.org...
POPOO5560
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2014 12:33:41 AM
At 10/9/2014 9:30:13 PM, bornofgod wrote:

Man can't help anyone get faith. Only God can make faithful prophets and saints when He comes into their mind to teach them who He is before He has us write and speak for Him.

Bornofgod you are the best thing on this site.
Never fart near dog
Beastt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2014 12:55:30 AM

Does God answer prayer?

OR

Does God always do what benefits the greater good?

He can't do both. If you pray for what doesn't benefit the greater good, then God can't do as you request. But if God always does what provides for the greater good, then if you pray for that, God was going to do it anyway.

So does God always act to serve the greater good, or does he answer prayers?
"If we believe absurdities we shall commit atrocities." -- Voltaire
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2014 11:07:03 AM
At 10/10/2014 12:55:30 AM, Beastt wrote:

Does God answer prayer?

Yes, if the prayer is within the confines of the permissible. He will not answer any prayer of an unsaved person, of course, nor will be respond to any prayer by miraculous means. When Jesus prayed, "Give us this day our daily bread", he wasn't asking that manna fall from heaven.

OR

Does God always do what benefits the greater good?

Do? I'm not sure what you mean.

He can't do both. If you pray for what doesn't benefit the greater good, then God can't do as you request. But if God always does what provides for the greater good, then if you pray for that, God was going to do it anyway.

So does God always act to serve the greater good, or does he answer prayers?

I think this question is based upon false (and unstated) assumptions.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
mortsdor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2014 11:20:57 AM
At 10/9/2014 10:38:43 PM, FaustianJustice wrote:
This particular topic is not asking for a debate, it would be in good taste to leave it specifically for Christians to speak with one another.

Given the very name of this site, it is kind of tough to respect a no-debate, no question, boundary, even when you appeal to what would be good taste.

However, for my part at least, I didn't presume to throw my own questions at the OP... Just question his responses/or lack of response.

For example his lack of detailed response to the one question that seemed to be from an actual christian seeking his perspective on christianity.