Total Posts:16|Showing Posts:1-16
Jump to topic:

Do you think Christian teens should date?

bulproof
Posts: 25,296
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2014 8:07:53 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/9/2014 7:50:31 AM, Truth_seeker wrote:
I don't think they should, but what are your thoughts?

The opinion of a child is what you present.
ChristianPunk
Posts: 1,710
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2014 8:31:20 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/9/2014 7:50:31 AM, Truth_seeker wrote:
I don't think they should, but what are your thoughts?

Why shouldn't they? It's our culture to date for romance. Back then, men went and married women without their consent and fathers even gave their daughters to people they thought were worthy of marriage. Would you prefer that?
Truth_seeker
Posts: 1,811
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2014 8:34:45 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/9/2014 8:31:20 AM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 10/9/2014 7:50:31 AM, Truth_seeker wrote:
I don't think they should, but what are your thoughts?

Why shouldn't they? It's our culture to date for romance. Back then, men went and married women without their consent and fathers even gave their daughters to people they thought were worthy of marriage. Would you prefer that?

I would rather have that then allow my daughter get raped by a guy who doesn't care about her, hows that for an answer? :P
bulproof
Posts: 25,296
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2014 8:42:16 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/9/2014 8:34:45 AM, Truth_seeker wrote:
At 10/9/2014 8:31:20 AM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 10/9/2014 7:50:31 AM, Truth_seeker wrote:
I don't think they should, but what are your thoughts?

Why shouldn't they? It's our culture to date for romance. Back then, men went and married women without their consent and fathers even gave their daughters to people they thought were worthy of marriage. Would you prefer that?

I would rather have that then allow my daughter get raped by a guy who doesn't care about her, hows that for an answer? :P

Your threads don't indicate that you are old enough to have a daughter.
ChristianPunk
Posts: 1,710
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2014 8:53:42 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/9/2014 8:34:45 AM, Truth_seeker wrote:
At 10/9/2014 8:31:20 AM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 10/9/2014 7:50:31 AM, Truth_seeker wrote:
I don't think they should, but what are your thoughts?

Why shouldn't they? It's our culture to date for romance. Back then, men went and married women without their consent and fathers even gave their daughters to people they thought were worthy of marriage. Would you prefer that?

I would rather have that then allow my daughter get raped by a guy who doesn't care about her, hows that for an answer? :P

That would happen either way from a guy who stalks. Dating is consensual.
Truth_seeker
Posts: 1,811
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2014 8:57:11 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/9/2014 8:53:42 AM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 10/9/2014 8:34:45 AM, Truth_seeker wrote:
At 10/9/2014 8:31:20 AM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 10/9/2014 7:50:31 AM, Truth_seeker wrote:
I don't think they should, but what are your thoughts?

Why shouldn't they? It's our culture to date for romance. Back then, men went and married women without their consent and fathers even gave their daughters to people they thought were worthy of marriage. Would you prefer that?

I would rather have that then allow my daughter get raped by a guy who doesn't care about her, hows that for an answer? :P

That would happen either way from a guy who stalks. Dating is consensual.

So if your daughter believes that love is all about money, you would allow her to date a "gold digger" so long as she consents? I think i'd prefer arranged marriages just fine :P
bulproof
Posts: 25,296
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2014 9:26:45 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/9/2014 8:42:16 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 10/9/2014 8:34:45 AM, Truth_seeker wrote:
At 10/9/2014 8:31:20 AM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 10/9/2014 7:50:31 AM, Truth_seeker wrote:
I don't think they should, but what are your thoughts?

Why shouldn't they? It's our culture to date for romance. Back then, men went and married women without their consent and fathers even gave their daughters to people they thought were worthy of marriage. Would you prefer that?

I would rather have that then allow my daughter get raped by a guy who doesn't care about her, hows that for an answer? :P

Your threads don't indicate that you are old enough to have a daughter.

Do you have a daughter??
Zylorarchy
Posts: 209
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2014 9:36:00 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/9/2014 7:50:31 AM, Truth_seeker wrote:
I don't think they should, but what are your thoughts?

There is no logical reason for not allowing them to do so.
"I am not intolerant of religion, I am intolerant of intolerance"
"True freedom is not simply left or right. It is the ability to know when a law is needed, but more importantly, know when one is not"
ChristianPunk
Posts: 1,710
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2014 9:44:50 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/9/2014 8:57:11 AM, Truth_seeker wrote:
At 10/9/2014 8:53:42 AM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 10/9/2014 8:34:45 AM, Truth_seeker wrote:
At 10/9/2014 8:31:20 AM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 10/9/2014 7:50:31 AM, Truth_seeker wrote:
I don't think they should, but what are your thoughts?

Why shouldn't they? It's our culture to date for romance. Back then, men went and married women without their consent and fathers even gave their daughters to people they thought were worthy of marriage. Would you prefer that?

I would rather have that then allow my daughter get raped by a guy who doesn't care about her, hows that for an answer? :P

That would happen either way from a guy who stalks. Dating is consensual.

So if your daughter believes that love is all about money, you would allow her to date a "gold digger" so long as she consents? I think i'd prefer arranged marriages just fine :P

She's still going to think that even in another marriage of arranged. She'll do like some have done and force the men to be something they aren't. If the marriage is arranged, the wife might not like the husband and will lie in front of God by saying I love you when she doesn't know that much and doesn't have feelings about this guy.

So I'd rather let her have her opinion on marriage, but try to reason with her, then to let her lie in a church to people when she puts on act.
Truth_seeker
Posts: 1,811
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2014 9:49:42 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/9/2014 9:44:50 AM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 10/9/2014 8:57:11 AM, Truth_seeker wrote:
At 10/9/2014 8:53:42 AM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 10/9/2014 8:34:45 AM, Truth_seeker wrote:
At 10/9/2014 8:31:20 AM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 10/9/2014 7:50:31 AM, Truth_seeker wrote:
I don't think they should, but what are your thoughts?

Why shouldn't they? It's our culture to date for romance. Back then, men went and married women without their consent and fathers even gave their daughters to people they thought were worthy of marriage. Would you prefer that?

I would rather have that then allow my daughter get raped by a guy who doesn't care about her, hows that for an answer? :P

That would happen either way from a guy who stalks. Dating is consensual.

So if your daughter believes that love is all about money, you would allow her to date a "gold digger" so long as she consents? I think i'd prefer arranged marriages just fine :P

She's still going to think that even in another marriage of arranged. She'll do like some have done and force the men to be something they aren't. If the marriage is arranged, the wife might not like the husband and will lie in front of God by saying I love you when she doesn't know that much and doesn't have feelings about this guy.

So I'd rather let her have her opinion on marriage, but try to reason with her, then to let her lie in a church to people when she puts on act.

Just as you assume the negative about arranged marriages, we can also assume that it brings positive results. Your children might not have the experience or the mentality to sustain a relationship. With sex and going out on dates, financial independence can be essential. Your argument for why dating is better isn't well supported.
ChristianPunk
Posts: 1,710
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2014 10:15:58 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/9/2014 9:49:42 AM, Truth_seeker wrote:
At 10/9/2014 9:44:50 AM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 10/9/2014 8:57:11 AM, Truth_seeker wrote:
At 10/9/2014 8:53:42 AM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 10/9/2014 8:34:45 AM, Truth_seeker wrote:
At 10/9/2014 8:31:20 AM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 10/9/2014 7:50:31 AM, Truth_seeker wrote:
I don't think they should, but what are your thoughts?

Why shouldn't they? It's our culture to date for romance. Back then, men went and married women without their consent and fathers even gave their daughters to people they thought were worthy of marriage. Would you prefer that?

I would rather have that then allow my daughter get raped by a guy who doesn't care about her, hows that for an answer? :P

That would happen either way from a guy who stalks. Dating is consensual.

So if your daughter believes that love is all about money, you would allow her to date a "gold digger" so long as she consents? I think i'd prefer arranged marriages just fine :P

She's still going to think that even in another marriage of arranged. She'll do like some have done and force the men to be something they aren't. If the marriage is arranged, the wife might not like the husband and will lie in front of God by saying I love you when she doesn't know that much and doesn't have feelings about this guy.

So I'd rather let her have her opinion on marriage, but try to reason with her, then to let her lie in a church to people when she puts on act.

Just as you assume the negative about arranged marriages, we can also assume that it brings positive results. Your children might not have the experience or the mentality to sustain a relationship. With sex and going out on dates, financial independence can be essential. Your argument for why dating is better isn't well supported.

Then tell me what the positive points of an arranged marriage is? Cuz I can see desperate attempts of escape. Like suicide. Same with abortion. You can kill the policy, but people will either do illegal abortions or the mom will force it to happen. I remember watching an episode of Sons of Anarchy where a woman wanted to frame this other woman for attacking her. So she rammed a desk against her womb and killed the baby inside (I don't think she was really pregnant, but somebody can do that if they reach their breaking point.)