Jump to topic:

God to Human Relations

BellumQuodPacis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/9/2010 7:30:57 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
The almighty maker "God" in biblical text, contacts the humans in multiple different ways that are quite evident, so why then would he cease this communication so abruptly. And please don't say "Its because Jesus died and he didn't need to anymore." Because please remember he contacts John in Revelations, wayyy after his death.
lastrequest691
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/9/2010 10:31:42 PM
God speak to them through Bible, dreams or through Visions.
God only speaks to those who are close to him.
"That song was absolutely waste of talent; you sounded like a wounded animal and who told you to play the guitar by yourself." Simon Cowell
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/9/2010 10:49:11 PM
At 4/9/2010 10:31:42 PM, lastrequest691 wrote:

Well, isn't that convenient.

But anyways, its fairly obvious why God doesn't talk to anyone anymore, at least no one credible (Joseph Smith, amirite?). He simply doesn't like us anymore.

After murdering His Son, spitting at his churches, and essentially p*ssing away our lives, God's mighty disappointed. Which is why we must rise up and destroy Him before he destroys us.
brian_eggleston
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2010 12:08:13 AM
At 4/9/2010 10:49:11 PM, Volkov wrote:

But anyways, its fairly obvious why God doesn't talk to anyone anymore, at least no one credible (Joseph Smith, amirite?). He simply doesn't like us anymore.

After murdering His Son, spitting at his churches, and essentially p*ssing away our lives, God's mighty disappointed. Which is why we must rise up and destroy Him before he destroys us.

It wasn't "us" that murdered his son - it was the Jews. If God has a problem, fair enough, have a pop at the Israelites, but there's no need to involve the rest of us, is there?
Visit the burglars' bulletin board: http://www.break-in-news.com...
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2010 12:49:13 AM
At 4/9/2010 7:30:57 PM, BellumQuodPacis wrote:
The almighty maker "God" in biblical text, contacts the humans in multiple different ways that are quite evident, so why then would he cease this communication so abruptly. And please don't say "Its because Jesus died and he didn't need to anymore." Because please remember he contacts John in Revelations, wayyy after his death.

do you know what happens when a little kid gets a new toy at christmas?
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2010 5:09:37 AM
At 4/10/2010 12:49:13 AM, OreEle wrote:

do you know what happens when a little kid gets a new toy at christmas?

God's having too much fun to talk to normal people
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2010 5:10:05 AM
God's having too much fun to talk to normal people

oops, forgot the link:
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2010 9:06:38 AM
At 4/9/2010 10:49:11 PM, Volkov wrote:

How on earth do you propose to kill a God? Like in the Rio Deoblo movie (with Kenny Rodgers) The way I see you got 1, mabey two choices. submit to his will or suffer without him in your life. The third option let us kill him cant exist.
One act of Rebellion created all the darkness and evil in the world; One life of Total Obedience created a path back to eternity and God.

A Scout is Obedient.
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2010 11:51:45 AM
At 4/12/2010 9:06:38 AM, Marauder wrote:

How on earth do you propose to kill a God? Like in the Rio Deoblo movie (with Kenny Rodgers) The way I see you got 1, mabey two choices. submit to his will or suffer without him in your life. The third option let us kill him cant exist.

It is possible to kill God. Just stop believing in him and he'll be gone.

I guarantee that if the entire population forgot about God, there would be no sign of him and no dvine interventions just like there aren't divine interventions today.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
DATCMOTO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2010 3:11:15 AM

He hasn't.
The Cross.. the Cross.
BellumQuodPacis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2010 4:37:13 AM
At 4/13/2010 3:11:15 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:

He hasn't.

Has God called you up on your Mobile Phone recently? Perhaps you were running low on minutes and don't remember the conversation. Perhaps, he sent you a text:
To: Datc

"Ey Datc!!!! Its me! God! Wats crackin. Wat u up 2! Been a while huh? Well, I wuz just hopin youve been annoyin peeple recently. K byez!"

Or perhaps an email or derrogatory photo?

Oh so back to my point. Contact how? How come he doesnt contact the nonbelievers and be like "BYOTCHES BELIEVE ME!"
Kahvan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2010 4:57:09 AM
At 4/13/2010 4:37:13 AM, BellumQuodPacis wrote:

He hasn't.

Has God called you up on your Mobile Phone recently? Perhaps you were running low on minutes and don't remember the conversation. Perhaps, he sent you a text:

"Ey Datc!!!! Its me! God! Wats crackin. Wat u up 2! Been a while huh? Well, I wuz just hopin youve been annoyin peeple recently. K byez!"

Oh so back to my point. Contact how? How come he doesnt contact the nonbelievers and be like "BYOTCHES BELIEVE ME!"

pm me and we can discuss this better :)
Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2010 8:12:44 AM
At 4/13/2010 4:55:15 AM, Kahvan wrote:
Mormons belive that revelation still goes on today :) that it didn't stop.

yeah, god tells the mormons in there scripture that polegamy is okay, even expected, and then he tells the mormon pope its bad in a vision your beliefs change
One act of Rebellion created all the darkness and evil in the world; One life of Total Obedience created a path back to eternity and God.

A Scout is Obedient.
Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2010 8:15:16 AM

He hasn't.

He dosnt use phones cause that would be lame. it seems the only reported miracles are in predominently non-christian contries, as if there is a corralation between necessity of intervention and location/frequency of its occurance.

God interveined in the 6-day war for example.

A Scout is Obedient.
DATCMOTO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2010 2:58:14 AM

He hasn't.

3.2 Peter 3:3
First of all, you must understand that in the last days scoffers will come, scoffing and following their own evil desires.

The Lord has spoken to me on a number of occasions and continues to do so.

Your belief/disbelief of this is utterly immaterial.
The Cross.. the Cross.