Jump to topic:

When you die.

bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2014 5:01:25 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
I'm wondering can anybody supply a reason to love and worship their particular god if said god does not offer an afterlife.

So you believe what we believe that we are born, we live, we die and that's it.
But you believe that this scenario is a result of the planning and execution of the same god you believe in now.

Would you still love, praise and worship this god?
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2014 8:46:23 AM
At 10/12/2014 5:01:25 AM, bulproof wrote:
I'm wondering can anybody supply a reason to love and worship their particular god if said god does not offer an afterlife.

So you believe what we believe that we are born, we live, we die and that's it.
But you believe that this scenario is a result of the planning and execution of the same god you believe in now.

Would you still love, praise and worship this god?

Since none of us will remember living in this first age, it's like dying without ever living again. But the Truth is, that we're only experiencing a dream anyway so we aren't real in the first place.

Isaiah 65
16: So that he who blesses himself in the land shall bless himself by the God of truth, and he who takes an oath in the land shall swear by the God of truth; because the former troubles are forgotten and are hid from my eyes.
17: "For behold, I create new heavens and a new earth; and the former things shall not be remembered or come into mind.
FaustianJustice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2014 10:13:24 PM
At 10/12/2014 10:04:36 PM, bulproof wrote:
Blatant bump

Devils Advocate reply:

the more I serve Him, the more He serves me. Afterlife excluded, my life is blessed by my faith in Him.
Here we have an advocate for Islamic arranged marriages demonstrating that children can consent to sex.
http://www.debate.org...
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2014 10:15:53 PM
At 10/12/2014 10:13:24 PM, FaustianJustice wrote:
At 10/12/2014 10:04:36 PM, bulproof wrote:
Blatant bump

Devils Advocate reply:

the more I serve Him, the more He serves me. Afterlife excluded, my life is blessed by my faith in Him.
An excellent impersonation. Bravo
Waffle, waffle.........................what question?? ROFL.