Total Posts:24|Showing Posts:1-24
Jump to topic:

Why do you keep "warning" us?

ThinkFirst
Posts: 1,391
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2014 10:34:25 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
For those of you that continue to "preach" to us (atheists and agnostics), in such a self-assured and pompous manner, the phrase "you'll see..." Do you not understand that we are fully aware of what your books promise for those who reject such stupidity? Do you not understand that most of us know your bible better than you do (some, the qur'an, as well). For you to tell us, after the fashion of a tattletale child, "You're gonna get it!" is as laughable as anything you tell us...

Among the phrases that bring us a robust chuckle...

"Oh, he's real! You'll see!"
"Oh, the christ is coming... You'll see."
"Oh the bible is right. You'll see."
"You'll understand one day... but it'll be too late!"
"Get saved, while you still can!"

There are really far too many to list, here. We do not see that our "souls" are in danger. We don't believe that "sacred" threats of hell, damnation, or divine retribution are of any value; any merit. We're not buying the "urgent sell" approach to proselytizing. Your book doesn't scare us. Your "prophetic" threats don't intimidate us. Your words have been regurgitated for nearly two thousand years. Nothing has happened, and nothing ever will, in accordance with the "holy" garbage to which the theists keep pointing, as a warning. Death is a natural part of the cycle of natural life which has been going on for billions of years, and a couple of thousand years of regurgitating such ridiculous threats to non-believers just gets older with each passing year of ineffective failure of fulfillment.

We
Simply
Don't
Believe
All
The
Garbage
You
Have
Accepted.

We likely never will.
"Never attribute to villainy that which can be adequately explained by stupidity"
-----
"Men rarely if ever dream up a god superior to themselves. Most gods have the manners and morals of a spoiled child. "

-- Robert A Heinlein
bulproof
Posts: 25,203
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2014 10:41:06 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
It's the boogieman god syndrome, TF.

But he loves ya.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
ChristianPunk
Posts: 1,710
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2014 10:49:20 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Won't be surprised if some of those people your talking about start coming with hell fire preaching. I understand where your coming from because I believe this "preaching" or "evangelizing" is not being done properly and is become a pedestal for one to brag and boast while shunning others.
ThinkFirst
Posts: 1,391
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2014 10:54:19 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/12/2014 10:41:06 AM, bulproof wrote:
It's the boogieman god syndrome, TF.

But he loves ya.

I get that. I just don't understand why they won't get it through their heads that these words are meaningless. The tattletale child that threatens their sibling with "You're gunna get it, when dad getsback!" three years after the dad leaves the family doesn't understand that the older sibling is probably chuckling to himself...
"Never attribute to villainy that which can be adequately explained by stupidity"
-----
"Men rarely if ever dream up a god superior to themselves. Most gods have the manners and morals of a spoiled child. "

-- Robert A Heinlein
ThinkFirst
Posts: 1,391
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2014 11:04:43 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/12/2014 10:49:20 AM, ChristianPunk wrote:
Won't be surprised if some of those people your talking about start coming with hell fire preaching. I understand where your coming from because I believe this "preaching" or "evangelizing" is not being done properly and is become a pedestal for one to brag and boast while shunning others.

In full agreement with you here, kid. The hard-core christian zealots just don't get that, with each passing year, that threat becomes more and more meaningless. There is less and less reason to even dignify christians with a response.
"Never attribute to villainy that which can be adequately explained by stupidity"
-----
"Men rarely if ever dream up a god superior to themselves. Most gods have the manners and morals of a spoiled child. "

-- Robert A Heinlein
ChristianPunk
Posts: 1,710
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2014 11:55:22 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/12/2014 11:04:43 AM, ThinkFirst wrote:
At 10/12/2014 10:49:20 AM, ChristianPunk wrote:
Won't be surprised if some of those people your talking about start coming with hell fire preaching. I understand where your coming from because I believe this "preaching" or "evangelizing" is not being done properly and is become a pedestal for one to brag and boast while shunning others.

In full agreement with you here, kid. The hard-core christian zealots just don't get that, with each passing year, that threat becomes more and more meaningless. There is less and less reason to even dignify christians with a response.

Aye. I only hope that somebody can come and bring a new type of reasoning among people. Like I watched this girl Christian talk to this guy and it was just sad how she was crying about his teachings and that he didn't care.
DPMartin
Posts: 1,096
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2014 12:20:34 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Good then, move on, go somewhere else, I do believe this section of the site here is for those who believe, and will respond :

Oh, he's real! You'll see!"
"Oh, the christ is coming... You'll see."
"Oh the bible is right. You'll see."
"You'll understand one day... but it'll be too late!"
"Get saved, while you still can!"

And talk about what they believe, and all you have to do is go away and never come back and you won"t hear anything you complain about hearing. People that don"t like to hear country and western music, don"t turn on the country and western music stations. But no, morons like you, that hate religion, and spend their time voluntarily on the religion part of a forum expect something to change around them. Because the world revolves around them and the world is supposed to change according to their own views of things, and it makes them mad when the world around them could care less what they want others to do.
What do you expect, none religion? Wow what a ma-ron.

If you don"t want religious talk, go some where else. You know, what well adjusted normal people do. Oh I"m sorry, its quite obvious by your actions, and complaining you don"t know what well adjusted normal people do.

Stupid is as stupid does.
ThinkFirst
Posts: 1,391
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2014 2:11:04 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/12/2014 12:20:34 PM, DPMartin wrote:
Good then, move on, go somewhere else, I do believe this section of the site here is for those who believe, and will respond :

You believe incorrectly (no surprise). Your presumptuous understanding is every bit as intellectually diminutive as your "spiritual" assertions. This section of the site is for the TOPIC of religion, not religious PEOPLE. This forum is not "Pro-Religion," just "Religion." It is for the DISCUSSION of religion, not the BENEFIT of the religious. You don't get to take something and give it YOUR own purpose, unless it's YOUR forum. It is not, so STFU, and quit issuing ultimatums or mandates you are neither authorized nor qualified to give.

Oh, he's real! You'll see!"
"Oh, the christ is coming... You'll see."
"Oh the bible is right. You'll see."
"You'll understand one day... but it'll be too late!"
"Get saved, while you still can!"

And talk about what they believe, and all you have to do is go away and never come back and you won"t hear anything you complain about hearing.

It was a question, not a complaint. It's a warning (as I already told you) that I can summarily dismiss, out of hand. It's twenty centuries old, and means even less, today, than the first time it was used.

People that don"t like to hear country and western music, don"t turn on the country and western music stations.

That analogy is completely off the mark, as I already explained to you. Further, it applies more to you than it does to your opponents.

But no, morons like you, that hate religion, and spend their time voluntarily on the religion part of a forum expect something to change around them.

You're right, that I hate religion (not the people, the ideology). We spend our time on the religion (TOPIC) forum because religion needs to die (as an idea) before man can reach his full potential.

Because the world revolves around them and the world is supposed to change according to their own views of things, and it makes them mad when the world around them could care less what they want others to do.

The (human) world revolves around HUMAN concepts and ideas. The tribal mentality of the religious shows clearly that they care WAY more about what they want others to do than any other group. Prop 8, in California, shows that religious people are willing to pass legislation diminishing the HUMAN rights of others in order to bring about compliance with THEIR view of how things should be FAR more than those who oppose religion. Take you sniveling, whining sarcasm, and shove it in you @55. It's hypocritical, as well as inaccurate.

What do you expect, none religion? Wow what a ma-ron.

I don't expect it. I laugh at it. It is the single biggest hindrance to human intellect that there is, today. Your ridiculous misspelled attempt at sarcasm notwithstanding, I EXPECT religious discussion. That does not automatically indicate PRO discussion.... just religious discussion, in all veins, from all views.

If you don"t want religious talk, go some where else.

Redundant much? I already explained this, and the forum is not here, for you and your like-minded "sheep." Besides, if your weren't wasting your precious few brain cells trying to prove your beliefs were anything other than intellectual laziness to us, you'd be bickering among the remaining 38,000 denominations about what this (fantasy) scripture meant, or that (idiotic) prophesy was actually about. Your books are stupid and your conclusions are wrong. Further, it's a public forum. By your own reasoning, but based on rational views, if you don't want to hear talk about the stupidity of religion, YOU go somewhere else.

You know, what well adjusted normal people do. Oh I"m sorry, its quite obvious by your actions, and complaining you don"t know what well adjusted normal people do.

That was a truly poor attempt at a tongue-in-cheek insult, religitard. But, I suppose, that was probably the best you can do... Not really a surprise.

Stupid is as stupid does.

Yes, and very few things have turned out to be more stupid than believing the bible to be the inspired word of any "deity."
"Never attribute to villainy that which can be adequately explained by stupidity"
-----
"Men rarely if ever dream up a god superior to themselves. Most gods have the manners and morals of a spoiled child. "

-- Robert A Heinlein
bornofgod
Posts: 11,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2014 7:48:16 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/12/2014 10:34:25 AM, ThinkFirst wrote:
For those of you that continue to "preach" to us (atheists and agnostics), in such a self-assured and pompous manner, the phrase "you'll see..." Do you not understand that we are fully aware of what your books promise for those who reject such stupidity? Do you not understand that most of us know your bible better than you do (some, the qur'an, as well). For you to tell us, after the fashion of a tattletale child, "You're gonna get it!" is as laughable as anything you tell us...

Among the phrases that bring us a robust chuckle...

"Oh, he's real! You'll see!"
"Oh, the christ is coming... You'll see."
"Oh the bible is right. You'll see."
"You'll understand one day... but it'll be too late!"
"Get saved, while you still can!"

There are really far too many to list, here. We do not see that our "souls" are in danger. We don't believe that "sacred" threats of hell, damnation, or divine retribution are of any value; any merit. We're not buying the "urgent sell" approach to proselytizing. Your book doesn't scare us. Your "prophetic" threats don't intimidate us. Your words have been regurgitated for nearly two thousand years. Nothing has happened, and nothing ever will, in accordance with the "holy" garbage to which the theists keep pointing, as a warning. Death is a natural part of the cycle of natural life which has been going on for billions of years, and a couple of thousand years of regurgitating such ridiculous threats to non-believers just gets older with each passing year of ineffective failure of fulfillment.

We
Simply
Don't
Believe
All
The
Garbage
You
Have
Accepted.

We likely never will.

It's actually quite hilarious how God deceived Christians into believing that His saints were the first Christians. Christians still don't know what a true saint is.
DPMartin
Posts: 1,096
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2014 10:11:22 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/12/2014 2:11:04 PM, ThinkFirst wrote:
Yes, and very few things have turned out to be more stupid than believing the bible to be the inspired word of any "deity."

This proves my point exactly, you complain that people don"t answer the way you want them to, but this is all you have to say about their responses. If this part of the site isn"t pro-religion then it"s not anti-religion either, is it?
Which is what you constantly show here is your position which is anti-religion.

Their religions don"t change. Therefore the answers are the same. Hence I do believe Einstein said of insanity - Doing the same thing over and over with expectation of a different result.

But that"s not really the reason for the so called atheist"s for berating and practically attacking every posting of someone explaining anything that is religious. Its to discourage any one from continuing to post their religious beliefs and any one new to join in. There"s one thread after another on this section that complains of this. Its no accident, and obvious to anyone who actually wants to have civil discussions, that the crap-ola posted is a constant campaign to dominate this section with anti-religious rhetoric.

Disagreeing with a belief or view by discussing its validity is one thing, but constant "it"s a fairytale" because you"ve got nothing really to say. Or berating some one for offering an honest answers, is more of a anti-religion then topical of religion, isn"t it? Its no stroke of genius on the, what people here call troll"s, part to make it about the poster instead of the posting. But if the religious start to hand the so call troll some of their own medicine, they start crying about it. And do their best to show they can be even bigger jagoffs.
bulproof
Posts: 25,203
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2014 10:20:59 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/13/2014 10:11:22 AM, DPMartin wrote:
At 10/12/2014 2:11:04 PM, ThinkFirst wrote:
Yes, and very few things have turned out to be more stupid than believing the bible to be the inspired word of any "deity."

This proves my point exactly, you complain that people don"t answer the way you want them to, but this is all you have to say about their responses. If this part of the site isn"t pro-religion then it"s not anti-religion either, is it?
Which is what you constantly show here is your position which is anti-religion.

Their religions don"t change. Therefore the answers are the same. Hence I do believe Einstein said of insanity - Doing the same thing over and over with expectation of a different result.

But that"s not really the reason for the so called atheist"s for berating and practically attacking every posting of someone explaining anything that is religious. Its to discourage any one from continuing to post their religious beliefs and any one new to join in. There"s one thread after another on this section that complains of this. Its no accident, and obvious to anyone who actually wants to have civil discussions, that the crap-ola posted is a constant campaign to dominate this section with anti-religious rhetoric.

Disagreeing with a belief or view by discussing its validity is one thing, but constant "it"s a fairytale" because you"ve got nothing really to say. Or berating some one for offering an honest answers, is more of a anti-religion then topical of religion, isn"t it? Its no stroke of genius on the, what people here call troll"s, part to make it about the poster instead of the posting. But if the religious start to hand the so call troll some of their own medicine, they start crying about it. And do their best to show they can be even bigger jagoffs.

The earth being created before the stars.
Fairy tale or fact?
A solid dome covering a flat earth.
Fairy tale or fact?
The sun, mood and stars existing within that dome.
Fairy tale or fact?
Your god sitting on a throne just outside that dome.
Fairy tale or fact?
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
ThinkFirst
Posts: 1,391
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2014 11:06:46 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/13/2014 10:11:22 AM, DPMartin wrote:
At 10/12/2014 2:11:04 PM, ThinkFirst wrote:
Yes, and very few things have turned out to be more stupid than believing the bible to be the inspired word of any "deity."

This proves my point exactly, you complain that people don"t answer the way you want them to, but this is all you have to say about their responses. If this part of the site isn"t pro-religion then it"s not anti-religion either, is it?

No, it doesn't prove your point. You take it personally, and feel offended that I hold that opinion of a book you believe to be sacred. I don't consider it sacred. Further, this was NOT "all I have to say." It was the last thing I said, but the only thing you quoted and the only thing to which you wish to reply.

Which is what you constantly show here is your position which is anti-religion.

Yes, and I have never made any secret of the fact that I oppose religion. I also oppose fascist governments, totalitarian tyranny, human brutality, and dishonest politicians. You don't seem to have any problem with my opposition to those. Do you? I have every right to be opposed to religion and, especially, to religious involvement in our legislation.

Their religions don"t change. Therefore the answers are the same. Hence I do believe Einstein said of insanity - Doing the same thing over and over with expectation of a different result.

I fail to see what these statements have to do with anything we've discussed...

But that"s not really the reason for the so called atheist"s for berating and practically attacking every posting of someone explaining anything that is religious. Its to discourage any one from continuing to post their religious beliefs and any one new to join in. There"s one thread after another on this section that complains of this. Its no accident, and obvious to anyone who actually wants to have civil discussions, that the crap-ola posted is a constant campaign to dominate this section with anti-religious rhetoric.

The hindrance to civil discussion is that you have a different definition of it. Anti-religious rhetoric is side by side with religious rhetoric. To you, it's only civil discussion when believer is discussing with believer, and you're each "building up" the other in your ridiculous assertions about a deity and spiritual promises and "miracles" and all sorts of religious idiocy.

Disagreeing with a belief or view by discussing its validity is one thing, but constant "it"s a fairytale" because you"ve got nothing really to say. Or berating some one for offering an honest answers, is more of a anti-religion then topical of religion, isn"t it? Its no stroke of genius on the, what people here call troll"s, part to make it about the poster instead of the posting. But if the religious start to hand the so call troll some of their own medicine, they start crying about it. And do their best to show they can be even bigger jagoffs.

I only make it about the poster when the poster does the same. I'm not complaining about anything. I asked a simple question. Telling us, repeatedly, something that we don't believe, is sheer stupidity. I believe you mentioned "insanity," earlier? We consider religious beliefs to be ridiculous. We consider the holy books to be fraudulently ridiculous. We voice that. It hurts your feelings, but that's your issue with which to deal, not ours. You act as though we write what we write with the express exclusive purpose of "attacking" you. We are not attacking you. We are attacking the IDEAS of religious people, not the PEOPLE. We can't help it if you take that personally. As I have stated, repeatedly, examine the reasons for your anger and hurt feelings. I know you reallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreally want the bible to be true and correct. I know you reallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreally want for there to be a benevolent deity. I know you reallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreally want for there to be a "spiritual" realm and another life after this one. The fundamental fact of the matter is that the book that promises you all of these things is wrong, fallacious, erroneous, vicious, and bloody (making it also hypocritical). Furthermore, religious people feel so deeply about this that they feel the rest of our nation should also be forced, by legislation, to follow their moral "code." This is unacceptable, to us. This is why we speak out. If you can't deal with this, it's your problem, not ours.
"Never attribute to villainy that which can be adequately explained by stupidity"
-----
"Men rarely if ever dream up a god superior to themselves. Most gods have the manners and morals of a spoiled child. "

-- Robert A Heinlein
ethang5
Posts: 4,084
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2014 11:48:00 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/12/2014 12:20:34 PM, DPMartin wrote:
Good then, move on, go somewhere else, I do believe this section of the site here is for those who believe, and will respond :

Oh, he's real! You'll see!"
"Oh, the christ is coming... You'll see."
"Oh the bible is right. You'll see."
"You'll understand one day... but it'll be too late!"
"Get saved, while you still can!"


And talk about what they believe, and all you have to do is go away and never come back and you won"t hear anything you complain about hearing. People that don"t like to hear country and western music, don"t turn on the country and western music stations. But no, morons like you, that hate religion, and spend their time voluntarily on the religion part of a forum expect something to change around them. Because the world revolves around them and the world is supposed to change according to their own views of things, and it makes them mad when the world around them could care less what they want others to do.
What do you expect, none religion? Wow what a ma-ron.

If you don"t want religious talk, go some where else. You know, what well adjusted normal people do. Oh I"m sorry, its quite obvious by your actions, and complaining you don"t know what well adjusted normal people do.

Stupid is as stupid does.

+1
bulproof
Posts: 25,203
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2014 11:50:05 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/13/2014 10:20:59 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 10/13/2014 10:11:22 AM, DPMartin wrote:
At 10/12/2014 2:11:04 PM, ThinkFirst wrote:
Yes, and very few things have turned out to be more stupid than believing the bible to be the inspired word of any "deity."

This proves my point exactly, you complain that people don"t answer the way you want them to, but this is all you have to say about their responses. If this part of the site isn"t pro-religion then it"s not anti-religion either, is it?
Which is what you constantly show here is your position which is anti-religion.

Their religions don"t change. Therefore the answers are the same. Hence I do believe Einstein said of insanity - Doing the same thing over and over with expectation of a different result.

But that"s not really the reason for the so called atheist"s for berating and practically attacking every posting of someone explaining anything that is religious. Its to discourage any one from continuing to post their religious beliefs and any one new to join in. There"s one thread after another on this section that complains of this. Its no accident, and obvious to anyone who actually wants to have civil discussions, that the crap-ola posted is a constant campaign to dominate this section with anti-religious rhetoric.

Disagreeing with a belief or view by discussing its validity is one thing, but constant "it"s a fairytale" because you"ve got nothing really to say. Or berating some one for offering an honest answers, is more of a anti-religion then topical of religion, isn"t it? Its no stroke of genius on the, what people here call troll"s, part to make it about the poster instead of the posting. But if the religious start to hand the so call troll some of their own medicine, they start crying about it. And do their best to show they can be even bigger jagoffs.

The earth being created before the stars.
Fairy tale or fact?
A solid dome covering a flat earth.
Fairy tale or fact?
The sun, mood and stars existing within that dome.
Fairy tale or fact?
Your god sitting on a throne just outside that dome.
Fairy tale or fact?
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Beastt
Posts: 5,135
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2014 1:42:25 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/12/2014 10:34:25 AM, ThinkFirst wrote:
For those of you that continue to "preach" to us (atheists and agnostics), in such a self-assured and pompous manner, the phrase "you'll see..." Do you not understand that we are fully aware of what your books promise for those who reject such stupidity? Do you not understand that most of us know your bible better than you do (some, the qur'an, as well). For you to tell us, after the fashion of a tattletale child, "You're gonna get it!" is as laughable as anything you tell us...

Among the phrases that bring us a robust chuckle...

"Oh, he's real! You'll see!"
"Oh, the christ is coming... You'll see."
"Oh the bible is right. You'll see."
"You'll understand one day... but it'll be too late!"
"Get saved, while you still can!"

There are really far too many to list, here. We do not see that our "souls" are in danger. We don't believe that "sacred" threats of hell, damnation, or divine retribution are of any value; any merit. We're not buying the "urgent sell" approach to proselytizing. Your book doesn't scare us. Your "prophetic" threats don't intimidate us. Your words have been regurgitated for nearly two thousand years. Nothing has happened, and nothing ever will, in accordance with the "holy" garbage to which the theists keep pointing, as a warning. Death is a natural part of the cycle of natural life which has been going on for billions of years, and a couple of thousand years of regurgitating such ridiculous threats to non-believers just gets older with each passing year of ineffective failure of fulfillment.

We
Simply
Don't
Believe
All
The
Garbage
You
Have
Accepted.

We likely never will.

I think you forgot, "He knows if you've been bad or good, so be good for goodness sake!"
"If we believe absurdities we shall commit atrocities." -- Voltaire
Beastt
Posts: 5,135
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2014 1:45:59 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/12/2014 10:54:19 AM, ThinkFirst wrote:
At 10/12/2014 10:41:06 AM, bulproof wrote:
It's the boogieman god syndrome, TF.

But he loves ya.

I get that. I just don't understand why they won't get it through their heads that these words are meaningless. The tattletale child that threatens their sibling with "You're gunna get it, when dad getsback!" three years after the dad leaves the family doesn't understand that the older sibling is probably chuckling to himself...

It's simple. These people can't function at your level of cognition. The silly idle threats of religion frightened them, so they assume it will frighten you. And when it doesn't, rather than realizing it's because you're far more intelligent than they are, they assume you're too stupid to be frightened when you've been threatened.

It's made painfully clear here everyday that even theists who have great difficulty putting two words together, assume they have an intellectual advantage over everyone else.
"If we believe absurdities we shall commit atrocities." -- Voltaire
YamaVonKarma
Posts: 7,570
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2014 1:46:48 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/19/2014 1:42:25 PM, Beastt wrote:
At 10/12/2014 10:34:25 AM, ThinkFirst wrote:
For those of you that continue to "preach" to us (atheists and agnostics), in such a self-assured and pompous manner, the phrase "you'll see..." Do you not understand that we are fully aware of what your books promise for those who reject such stupidity? Do you not understand that most of us know your bible better than you do (some, the qur'an, as well). For you to tell us, after the fashion of a tattletale child, "You're gonna get it!" is as laughable as anything you tell us...

Among the phrases that bring us a robust chuckle...

"Oh, he's real! You'll see!"
"Oh, the christ is coming... You'll see."
"Oh the bible is right. You'll see."
"You'll understand one day... but it'll be too late!"
"Get saved, while you still can!"

There are really far too many to list, here. We do not see that our "souls" are in danger. We don't believe that "sacred" threats of hell, damnation, or divine retribution are of any value; any merit. We're not buying the "urgent sell" approach to proselytizing. Your book doesn't scare us. Your "prophetic" threats don't intimidate us. Your words have been regurgitated for nearly two thousand years. Nothing has happened, and nothing ever will, in accordance with the "holy" garbage to which the theists keep pointing, as a warning. Death is a natural part of the cycle of natural life which has been going on for billions of years, and a couple of thousand years of regurgitating such ridiculous threats to non-believers just gets older with each passing year of ineffective failure of fulfillment.

We
Simply
Don't
Believe
All
The
Garbage
You
Have
Accepted.

We likely never will.

I think you forgot, "He knows if you've been bad or good, so be good for goodness sake!"

Are you Santa Claus? Do you wanna hear my list, Santa? I've been a good girl.
People who I've called as mafia DP1:
TUF, and YYW
Beastt
Posts: 5,135
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2014 1:51:18 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/19/2014 1:46:48 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:
At 10/19/2014 1:42:25 PM, Beastt wrote:
At 10/12/2014 10:34:25 AM, ThinkFirst wrote:
For those of you that continue to "preach" to us (atheists and agnostics), in such a self-assured and pompous manner, the phrase "you'll see..." Do you not understand that we are fully aware of what your books promise for those who reject such stupidity? Do you not understand that most of us know your bible better than you do (some, the qur'an, as well). For you to tell us, after the fashion of a tattletale child, "You're gonna get it!" is as laughable as anything you tell us...

Among the phrases that bring us a robust chuckle...

"Oh, he's real! You'll see!"
"Oh, the christ is coming... You'll see."
"Oh the bible is right. You'll see."
"You'll understand one day... but it'll be too late!"
"Get saved, while you still can!"

There are really far too many to list, here. We do not see that our "souls" are in danger. We don't believe that "sacred" threats of hell, damnation, or divine retribution are of any value; any merit. We're not buying the "urgent sell" approach to proselytizing. Your book doesn't scare us. Your "prophetic" threats don't intimidate us. Your words have been regurgitated for nearly two thousand years. Nothing has happened, and nothing ever will, in accordance with the "holy" garbage to which the theists keep pointing, as a warning. Death is a natural part of the cycle of natural life which has been going on for billions of years, and a couple of thousand years of regurgitating such ridiculous threats to non-believers just gets older with each passing year of ineffective failure of fulfillment.

We
Simply
Don't
Believe
All
The
Garbage
You
Have
Accepted.

We likely never will.

I think you forgot, "He knows if you've been bad or good, so be good for goodness sake!"

Are you Santa Claus? Do you wanna hear my list, Santa? I've been a good girl.

Yes Virginia, I can be your Santa Claus ('cept for the belly and reindeer).
"If we believe absurdities we shall commit atrocities." -- Voltaire
YamaVonKarma
Posts: 7,570
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2014 1:55:58 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/19/2014 1:51:18 PM, Beastt wrote:
At 10/19/2014 1:46:48 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:
At 10/19/2014 1:42:25 PM, Beastt wrote:
At 10/12/2014 10:34:25 AM, ThinkFirst wrote:
For those of you that continue to "preach" to us (atheists and agnostics), in such a self-assured and pompous manner, the phrase "you'll see..." Do you not understand that we are fully aware of what your books promise for those who reject such stupidity? Do you not understand that most of us know your bible better than you do (some, the qur'an, as well). For you to tell us, after the fashion of a tattletale child, "You're gonna get it!" is as laughable as anything you tell us...

Among the phrases that bring us a robust chuckle...

"Oh, he's real! You'll see!"
"Oh, the christ is coming... You'll see."
"Oh the bible is right. You'll see."
"You'll understand one day... but it'll be too late!"
"Get saved, while you still can!"

There are really far too many to list, here. We do not see that our "souls" are in danger. We don't believe that "sacred" threats of hell, damnation, or divine retribution are of any value; any merit. We're not buying the "urgent sell" approach to proselytizing. Your book doesn't scare us. Your "prophetic" threats don't intimidate us. Your words have been regurgitated for nearly two thousand years. Nothing has happened, and nothing ever will, in accordance with the "holy" garbage to which the theists keep pointing, as a warning. Death is a natural part of the cycle of natural life which has been going on for billions of years, and a couple of thousand years of regurgitating such ridiculous threats to non-believers just gets older with each passing year of ineffective failure of fulfillment.

We
Simply
Don't
Believe
All
The
Garbage
You
Have
Accepted.

We likely never will.

I think you forgot, "He knows if you've been bad or good, so be good for goodness sake!"

Are you Santa Claus? Do you wanna hear my list, Santa? I've been a good girl.

Yes Virginia, I can be your Santa Claus ('cept for the belly and reindeer).

I want:
A tank
A flamethrower
An AR-15
A new knife
A new knife sharpener
A new sword
And a new whip
People who I've called as mafia DP1:
TUF, and YYW
ThinkFirst
Posts: 1,391
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2014 6:20:56 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/19/2014 1:42:25 PM, Beastt wrote:
At 10/12/2014 10:34:25 AM, ThinkFirst wrote:
For those of you that continue to "preach" to us (atheists and agnostics), in such a self-assured and pompous manner, the phrase "you'll see..." Do you not understand that we are fully aware of what your books promise for those who reject such stupidity? Do you not understand that most of us know your bible better than you do (some, the qur'an, as well). For you to tell us, after the fashion of a tattletale child, "You're gonna get it!" is as laughable as anything you tell us...

Among the phrases that bring us a robust chuckle...

"Oh, he's real! You'll see!"
"Oh, the christ is coming... You'll see."
"Oh the bible is right. You'll see."
"You'll understand one day... but it'll be too late!"
"Get saved, while you still can!"

There are really far too many to list, here. We do not see that our "souls" are in danger. We don't believe that "sacred" threats of hell, damnation, or divine retribution are of any value; any merit. We're not buying the "urgent sell" approach to proselytizing. Your book doesn't scare us. Your "prophetic" threats don't intimidate us. Your words have been regurgitated for nearly two thousand years. Nothing has happened, and nothing ever will, in accordance with the "holy" garbage to which the theists keep pointing, as a warning. Death is a natural part of the cycle of natural life which has been going on for billions of years, and a couple of thousand years of regurgitating such ridiculous threats to non-believers just gets older with each passing year of ineffective failure of fulfillment.

We
Simply
Don't
Believe
All
The
Garbage
You
Have
Accepted.

We likely never will.

I think you forgot, "He knows if you've been bad or good, so be good for goodness sake!"

My apologies. I will try to remember to be more complete, in the futures.
"Never attribute to villainy that which can be adequately explained by stupidity"
-----
"Men rarely if ever dream up a god superior to themselves. Most gods have the manners and morals of a spoiled child. "

-- Robert A Heinlein
ThinkFirst
Posts: 1,391
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2014 6:23:21 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/19/2014 1:45:59 PM, Beastt wrote:
At 10/12/2014 10:54:19 AM, ThinkFirst wrote:
At 10/12/2014 10:41:06 AM, bulproof wrote:
It's the boogieman god syndrome, TF.

But he loves ya.

I get that. I just don't understand why they won't get it through their heads that these words are meaningless. The tattletale child that threatens their sibling with "You're gunna get it, when dad getsback!" three years after the dad leaves the family doesn't understand that the older sibling is probably chuckling to himself...

It's simple. These people can't function at your level of cognition. The silly idle threats of religion frightened them, so they assume it will frighten you. And when it doesn't, rather than realizing it's because you're far more intelligent than they are, they assume you're too stupid to be frightened when you've been threatened.

It's made painfully clear here everyday that even theists who have great difficulty putting two words together, assume they have an intellectual advantage over everyone else.

It's a sad state of affairs, when the people least qualified to admonish others, intellectually, are the people most prone to doing exactly that...
"Never attribute to villainy that which can be adequately explained by stupidity"
-----
"Men rarely if ever dream up a god superior to themselves. Most gods have the manners and morals of a spoiled child. "

-- Robert A Heinlein
ThinkFirst
Posts: 1,391
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2014 6:25:02 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/19/2014 1:55:58 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:
At 10/19/2014 1:51:18 PM, Beastt wrote:
At 10/19/2014 1:46:48 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:
At 10/19/2014 1:42:25 PM, Beastt wrote:
At 10/12/2014 10:34:25 AM, ThinkFirst wrote:
For those of you that continue to "preach" to us (atheists and agnostics), in such a self-assured and pompous manner, the phrase "you'll see..." Do you not understand that we are fully aware of what your books promise for those who reject such stupidity? Do you not understand that most of us know your bible better than you do (some, the qur'an, as well). For you to tell us, after the fashion of a tattletale child, "You're gonna get it!" is as laughable as anything you tell us...

Among the phrases that bring us a robust chuckle...

"Oh, he's real! You'll see!"
"Oh, the christ is coming... You'll see."
"Oh the bible is right. You'll see."
"You'll understand one day... but it'll be too late!"
"Get saved, while you still can!"

There are really far too many to list, here. We do not see that our "souls" are in danger. We don't believe that "sacred" threats of hell, damnation, or divine retribution are of any value; any merit. We're not buying the "urgent sell" approach to proselytizing. Your book doesn't scare us. Your "prophetic" threats don't intimidate us. Your words have been regurgitated for nearly two thousand years. Nothing has happened, and nothing ever will, in accordance with the "holy" garbage to which the theists keep pointing, as a warning. Death is a natural part of the cycle of natural life which has been going on for billions of years, and a couple of thousand years of regurgitating such ridiculous threats to non-believers just gets older with each passing year of ineffective failure of fulfillment.

We
Simply
Don't
Believe
All
The
Garbage
You
Have
Accepted.

We likely never will.

I think you forgot, "He knows if you've been bad or good, so be good for goodness sake!"

Are you Santa Claus? Do you wanna hear my list, Santa? I've been a good girl.

Yes Virginia, I can be your Santa Claus ('cept for the belly and reindeer).

I want:
A tank
A flamethrower
An AR-15
A new knife
A new knife sharpener
A new sword
And a new whip

May I add (on her behalf) a new latex catsuit (PLEASE)?
"Never attribute to villainy that which can be adequately explained by stupidity"
-----
"Men rarely if ever dream up a god superior to themselves. Most gods have the manners and morals of a spoiled child. "

-- Robert A Heinlein
Beastt
Posts: 5,135
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2014 3:11:28 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/19/2014 1:55:58 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:
At 10/19/2014 1:51:18 PM, Beastt wrote:
At 10/19/2014 1:46:48 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:
At 10/19/2014 1:42:25 PM, Beastt wrote:
At 10/12/2014 10:34:25 AM, ThinkFirst wrote:
For those of you that continue to "preach" to us (atheists and agnostics), in such a self-assured and pompous manner, the phrase "you'll see..." Do you not understand that we are fully aware of what your books promise for those who reject such stupidity? Do you not understand that most of us know your bible better than you do (some, the qur'an, as well). For you to tell us, after the fashion of a tattletale child, "You're gonna get it!" is as laughable as anything you tell us...

Among the phrases that bring us a robust chuckle...

"Oh, he's real! You'll see!"
"Oh, the christ is coming... You'll see."
"Oh the bible is right. You'll see."
"You'll understand one day... but it'll be too late!"
"Get saved, while you still can!"

There are really far too many to list, here. We do not see that our "souls" are in danger. We don't believe that "sacred" threats of hell, damnation, or divine retribution are of any value; any merit. We're not buying the "urgent sell" approach to proselytizing. Your book doesn't scare us. Your "prophetic" threats don't intimidate us. Your words have been regurgitated for nearly two thousand years. Nothing has happened, and nothing ever will, in accordance with the "holy" garbage to which the theists keep pointing, as a warning. Death is a natural part of the cycle of natural life which has been going on for billions of years, and a couple of thousand years of regurgitating such ridiculous threats to non-believers just gets older with each passing year of ineffective failure of fulfillment.

We
Simply
Don't
Believe
All
The
Garbage
You
Have
Accepted.

We likely never will.

I think you forgot, "He knows if you've been bad or good, so be good for goodness sake!"

Are you Santa Claus? Do you wanna hear my list, Santa? I've been a good girl.

Yes Virginia, I can be your Santa Claus ('cept for the belly and reindeer).

I want:
A tank
A flamethrower
An AR-15
A new knife
A new knife sharpener
A new sword
And a new whip

Do you have a preference of steels for the knife?

No weapons-grade plutonium?
"If we believe absurdities we shall commit atrocities." -- Voltaire
Artur
Posts: 719
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2014 3:31:44 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Because they do not understand that we understand such garbages better than they do.
"I'm not as soft or as generous a person as I would be if the world hadn't changed me" Bobby Fischer