Jump to topic:

The Will of God

s-anthony
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2014 5:25:29 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
My idea of God has changed with time. I have gone from Christian theism to pantheism to panentheism to a completely new idea of who or what God is.

Lately, I been thinking of contrasting wills, or desires, and how it is a dominant, or more powerful, will suppresses a submissive, or weaker, will. In thinking about this, I thought there must be a greatest, or most powerful, will in the universe, a desire that is greater than any other desire, an appetite that is insatiable, a hunger that devours all things. This desire is so strong it allows nothing to escape its grasp. Once one is lost to its bottomless pit, it can never again escape. Its identity is obliterated, and its individuality is no more. This black hole I believe is God, an ever consuming entity that draws all things to itself.

However, without its tremendous appetite, nothing would exist. It is our creation that brings forth our destruction.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2014 7:32:55 PM
At 10/12/2014 5:25:29 PM, s-anthony wrote:
My idea of God has changed with time. I have gone from Christian theism to pantheism to panentheism to a completely new idea of who or what God is.

Lately, I been thinking of contrasting wills, or desires, and how it is a dominant, or more powerful, will suppresses a submissive, or weaker, will. In thinking about this, I thought there must be a greatest, or most powerful, will in the universe, a desire that is greater than any other desire, an appetite that is insatiable, a hunger that devours all things. This desire is so strong it allows nothing to escape its grasp. Once one is lost to its bottomless pit, it can never again escape. Its identity is obliterated, and its individuality is no more. This black hole I believe is God, an ever consuming entity that draws all things to itself.

However, without its tremendous appetite, nothing would exist. It is our creation that brings forth our destruction.

God's will is His eternal plan ( program ) called Eternal Life. His illusions called flesh exist as characters in His dream.

There's no such thing as a black hole that quantum physicists are trying to feed God's gullible people.
s-anthony
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2014 7:47:12 PM
At 10/12/2014 7:00:16 PM, Gump wrote:
God's will is for priests to rape little children!

You mean to tell me God is a homosexual?
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2014 7:51:17 PM
At 10/12/2014 7:47:12 PM, s-anthony wrote:

God planned, created and formed EVERYTHING we observe in this world of illusions. The tree of the knowledge of good and evil has confused ALL His people during this age. However, out of this strong delusion, He called out His invisible servant in the minds of His prophets and saints and taught us who we are in Him. Now we know that God's servant is called His voice, or Word and that His people and beasts are only characters in His dream.
s-anthony
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2014 7:58:58 PM
God's will is His eternal plan ( program ) called Eternal Life. His illusions called flesh exist as characters in His dream.

This eternal life is it for God, alone? Or, is it, also, for these illusionary fleshly clad beings?

There's no such thing as a black hole that quantum physicists are trying to feed God's gullible people.
s-anthony
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2014 8:10:49 PM
God planned, created and formed EVERYTHING we observe in this world of illusions. The tree of the knowledge of good and evil has confused ALL His people during this age.

Are you saying good and evil do not actually exist?

However, out of this strong delusion, He called out His invisible servant in the minds of His prophets and saints and taught us who we are in Him. Now we know that God's servant is called His voice, or Word and that His people and beasts are only characters in His dream.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2014 8:20:35 PM
At 10/12/2014 7:58:58 PM, s-anthony wrote:

This eternal life is it for God, alone? Or, is it, also, for these illusionary fleshly clad beings?

God is the Creator of us all ( man and beasts ) but only as invisible characters within His thoughts. We each get an individual perspective to experience His planned visions and dreams for us but we're not made of matter because there's no such thing as matter. There's no such thing as time and space, either. These are all illusions that we get to witness in our individual vision and dream experiences.

Think of each of us created beings as getting a Big Bang of information to live life with for eternity but we can only observe this information if it's processed into illusions to give us a vision or dream experience.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2014 8:23:59 PM
At 10/12/2014 8:10:49 PM, s-anthony wrote:
God planned, created and formed EVERYTHING we observe in this world of illusions. The tree of the knowledge of good and evil has confused ALL His people during this age.

Good and evil are only illusions that will end after this first dream of God's has ended. The end of this dream will begin with a violent shaking of the earth that will destroy every living thing right before hot molten lava blows through the crust and melts it into a lake of fire ( Revelation "lake of fire" story ).

In the next age ( New Heaven and Earth ) we won't understand what good and evil means.
s-anthony
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2014 8:53:18 PM
God is the Creator of us all ( man and beasts ) but only as invisible characters within His thoughts. We each get an individual perspective to experience His planned visions and dreams for us but we're not made of matter because there's no such thing as matter. There's no such thing as time and space, either. These are all illusions that we get to witness in our individual vision and dream experiences.

If creation is a mere illusion in the mind of God, are you saying God is deluded? If so, who deceived God into believing such a thing was real?

Think of each of us created beings as getting a Big Bang of information to live life with for eternity but we can only observe this information if it's processed into illusions to give us a vision or dream experience.

So, what use is information if it's only illusionary?
s-anthony
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2014 9:04:00 PM
Good and evil are only illusions that will end after this first dream of God's has ended. The end of this dream will begin with a violent shaking of the earth that will destroy every living thing right before hot molten lava blows through the crust and melts it into a lake of fire ( Revelation "lake of fire" story ).

In the next age ( New Heaven and Earth ) we won't understand what good and evil means.

Being there are no values, how will we distinguish one thing from another? In other words, if nothing is of any value, then, what significance will it hold?
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2014 9:04:50 PM
At 10/12/2014 8:53:18 PM, s-anthony wrote:

If creation is a mere illusion in the mind of God, are you saying God is deluded? If so, who deceived God into believing such a thing was real?

So, what use is information if it's only illusionary?

Think about the information on a CD-Rom that a computer processor reads before our senses detect the information coming out of the computer peripherals.

Now think of a computer program called "The Sims" and how it's possible now to give the characters personalities by changing the information in the program.

Now think of God making a program called "Eternal Life" with all His characters in the information ( His thoughts ). Each character is like a computer processor that processes information into illusions that we experience with our senses, that are also made out of information.

I'm trying to take you into the invisible realm where we exist as God's people that have to be processed into objects before we can observe them.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2014 9:08:40 PM
At 10/12/2014 9:04:00 PM, s-anthony wrote:

Being there are no values, how will we distinguish one thing from another? In other words, if nothing is of any value, then, what significance will it hold?

We won't be concerned with values in the next age. Everything will be understand as a ride ( journey ) that God takes us on from each of our individual perspectives.

Man was created male and female so you will have a perfect partner to be with in every individual dream experience aside from the dream that we all exist in together. So each of us will get unique experiences to talk to each other about so our conversations will always be about new experiences we've had. This means we won't be gossiping about our neighbors and talking about boring old experiences.
s-anthony
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2014 9:53:17 PM
Think about the information on a CD-Rom that a computer processor reads before our senses detect the information coming out of the computer peripherals.

Now think of a computer program called "The Sims" and how it's possible now to give the characters personalities by changing the information in the program.

Now think of God making a program called "Eternal Life" with all His characters in the information ( His thoughts ). Each character is like a computer processor that processes information into illusions that we experience with our senses, that are also made out of information.

I'm trying to take you into the invisible realm where we exist as God's people that have to be processed into objects before we can observe them.
#13Report PostReply & QuoteAdd Post

bornofgod

According to Wikipedia, an illusion is "(a)nything that seems to be something that it is not." There's no mistaking The Sims for anything other than computer animation.

If God has deluded us, then, as you have said, God is also deluded or it's God's intention to deceive us. If God is deluded, what has deluded God? If God is not deluded and only wishes to deceive us, then, why?
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2014 10:23:15 PM
At 10/12/2014 9:53:17 PM, s-anthony wrote:

#13Report PostReply & QuoteAdd Post

bornofgod

According to Wikipedia, an illusion is "(a)nything that seems to be something that it is not." There's no mistaking The Sims for anything other than computer animation.

If God has deluded us, then, as you have said, God is also deluded or it's God's intention to deceive us. If God is deluded, what has deluded God? If God is not deluded and only wishes to deceive us, then, why?

God's created beings had to be taught who we were so it took this first age to do that. In the next age, we will all know that we're only information that's being processed into observable experiences.
s-anthony
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2014 7:50:38 AM
We won't be concerned with values in the next age. Everything will be understand as a ride ( journey ) that God takes us on from each of our individual perspectives.

Man was created male and female so you will have a perfect partner to be with in every individual dream experience aside from the dream that we all exist in together. So each of us will get unique experiences to talk to each other about so our conversations will always be about new experiences we've had. This means we won't be gossiping about our neighbors and talking about boring old experiences.

How will we have different perspectives if everyone is perfect and all values are the same? How can any one perspective be evaluated differently?

I don't think you understand the significance of morality. If all things were equal and nothing were good or bad, how could a decision be made, since any decision is neither right nor wrong?
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2014 8:38:33 AM
At 10/13/2014 7:50:38 AM, s-anthony wrote:

How will we have different perspectives if everyone is perfect and all values are the same? How can any one perspective be evaluated differently?

I don't think you understand the significance of morality. If all things were equal and nothing were good or bad, how could a decision be made, since any decision is neither right nor wrong?

None of us has ever made a decision. God is the Creator of EVERYTHING, including all the decisions that we thought we were making.
RoderickSpode
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2014 10:00:57 AM
At 10/12/2014 5:25:29 PM, s-anthony wrote:

There is a will of God. I'm not really sure about some of your analogies as it seems to relate to a completely impersonal entity.

Once God is no longer impersonal, that's where God's will comes into play. Then it becomes personal instead of corporate subjection, or personal victimization.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2014 10:11:42 AM

Raping children has no relationship with homosexuality.

Please grow up.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
s-anthony
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2014 11:01:38 AM
None of us has ever made a decision. God is the Creator of EVERYTHING, including all the decisions that we thought we were making.

So, are you saying we don't exist? If so, how do we experience ourselves? I'm sure you'll answer by saying we are mere illusions. Being illusions, we exist as illusions. We have illusionary values and having illusionary values, we operate under these illusionary impressions. If we didn't, they could not be called illusions. To say we are delusional is a contradiction in terms. If we were delusional, how would we know we were delusional? I'm sure you'll say because God's prophets have told us. How do we know they are indeed God's prophets and not delusional, themselves? Why would God create us as illusions? If we found out we were mere illusions and did not actually exist, the moment we realized this, wouldn't we cease to exist?
ThinkFirst
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2014 11:11:20 AM

No, but the leaders of his fan clubs sure seem to be replete with them...
"Never attribute to villainy that which can be adequately explained by stupidity"
-----
"Men rarely if ever dream up a god superior to themselves. Most gods have the manners and morals of a spoiled child. "

-- Robert A Heinlein
ThinkFirst
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2014 11:12:25 AM
At 10/12/2014 8:23:59 PM, bornofgod wrote:

Does your deity have a name?
"Never attribute to villainy that which can be adequately explained by stupidity"
-----
"Men rarely if ever dream up a god superior to themselves. Most gods have the manners and morals of a spoiled child. "

-- Robert A Heinlein
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2014 11:28:10 AM
At 10/13/2014 11:01:38 AM, s-anthony wrote:

So, are you saying we don't exist? If so, how do we experience ourselves? I'm sure you'll answer by saying we are mere illusions. Being illusions, we exist as illusions. We have illusionary values and having illusionary values, we operate under these illusionary impressions. If we didn't, they could not be called illusions. To say we are delusional is a contradiction in terms. If we were delusional, how would we know we were delusional? I'm sure you'll say because God's prophets have told us. How do we know they are indeed God's prophets and not delusional, themselves? Why would God create us as illusions? If we found out we were mere illusions and did not actually exist, the moment we realized this, wouldn't we cease to exist?

I didn't say we don't exist. I said we are only characters in God's dream who believe we're real.

If you're sure of what I'm going to say next, then why do you ask me questions?
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2014 11:29:58 AM
At 10/13/2014 11:12:25 AM, ThinkFirst wrote:

I don't know any deities ( imaginary gods that religious people believe in ). I speak for our invisible Creator who told me on December 7th, 1979 that He was my Creator.
ThinkFirst
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2014 12:01:07 PM
At 10/13/2014 11:29:58 AM, bornofgod wrote:

I don't know any deities ( imaginary gods that religious people believe in ). I speak for our invisible Creator who told me on December 7th, 1979 that He was my Creator.

So, he never told you his name?
-----

-- Robert A Heinlein
s-anthony
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2014 12:04:10 PM
There is a will of God. I'm not really sure about some of your analogies as it seems to relate to a completely impersonal entity.

Once God is no longer impersonal, that's where God's will comes into play. Then it becomes personal instead of corporate subjection, or personal victimization.

What is more personal than to consume something to satiate one's insatiable appetite?
s-anthony
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2014 12:08:05 PM
At 10/13/2014 10:11:42 AM, bulproof wrote:

Raping children has no relationship with homosexuality.

Please grow up.

I know. I was being facetious.
s-anthony
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2014 1:00:51 PM
I didn't say we don't exist. I said we are only characters in God's dream who believe we're real.

Say we are mere illusions with no basis in reality, if we are to know that which is real, we must know that which is not real, also. However, if we were delusional, thinking that which is not real is indeed real, then, it could not be said we know reality. Knowing not reality and thinking it is that which it is not, what use is it to tell someone, "This is reality," when it is he, or she, believes just the opposite to be true? For, I'm sure it will make you look like the delusional one.

bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2014 1:34:12 PM
At 10/13/2014 12:01:07 PM, ThinkFirst wrote:

Our invisible Creator doesn't need a human name. I already told you that He said He was my Creator in the post above. You need to read my posts and ponder them for awhile before you assume that I didn't give you an answer.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2014 1:36:16 PM
At 10/13/2014 1:00:51 PM, s-anthony wrote:

Say we are mere illusions with no basis in reality, if we are to know that which is real, we must know that which is not real, also. However, if we were delusional, thinking that which is not real is indeed real, then, it could not be said we know reality. Knowing not reality and thinking it is that which it is not, what use is it to tell someone, "This is reality," when it is he, or she, believes just the opposite to be true? For, I'm sure it will make you look like the delusional one.

You sound like all the other Christians who need to twist everything around to completely ignore my answer. Read my last post until you get the answer, that's if God gave you the ability to do so.
ThinkFirst
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2014 1:46:07 PM
At 10/13/2014 1:34:12 PM, bornofgod wrote:
At 10/13/2014 12:01:07 PM, ThinkFirst wrote:

Our invisible Creator doesn't need a human name. I already told you that He said He was my Creator in the post above. You need to read my posts and ponder them for awhile before you assume that I didn't give you an answer.

ROFL!!! I read your posts PURELY for entertainment value of a deluded schizophrenic trying to "teach" me. There is nothing about the deluded fantasy that you spew out that I would ever need to "ponder." First you call the bible false, then you quote from it as if it's a prophetic fountain of future knowledge. You claim you are a saint from a deity that has "deceived" humans into thinking we actually exist. You claim knowledge of past and future. You are just flat out FUNNY!
-----

-- Robert A Heinlein