Total Posts:38|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

If Jesus is God...

RoyalAries
Posts: 43
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2014 11:01:52 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
If Jesus is God, how does Jesus not know the day and time of the rapture ?
"If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything. -Mark Twain

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and is widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams

"Science has proof without any certainty. Creationists have certainty without any proof."
- Ashley Montague

"You laugh at me because I'm different. I laugh at you because you're all the same." Unknown
Composer
Posts: 5,858
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2014 11:17:33 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/12/2014 11:01:52 PM, RoyalAries wrote:
If Jesus is God, how does Jesus not know the day and time of the rapture ?

Because it is just a Story book character that can only do, say etc. whatever its human authors want it to do!

In reality it is a Historical MYTH!
Skepticalone
Posts: 6,122
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2014 11:26:04 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/12/2014 11:01:52 PM, RoyalAries wrote:
If Jesus is God, how does Jesus not know the day and time of the rapture ?

I have wondered that as well. Also, it is not just the rapture, but the second coming (of Jesus) that Jesus has no knowledge of. Polytheism?

Maybe one of the Christians can explain this.
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
Geogeer
Posts: 4,270
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2014 1:00:14 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/12/2014 11:01:52 PM, RoyalAries wrote:
If Jesus is God, how does Jesus not know the day and time of the rapture ?

Here is a paper that summarizes the classical theories.

http://tinyurl.com...
RoyalAries
Posts: 43
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2014 7:22:52 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/13/2014 1:00:14 AM, Geogeer wrote:
At 10/12/2014 11:01:52 PM, RoyalAries wrote:
If Jesus is God, how does Jesus not know the day and time of the rapture ?

Here is a paper that summarizes the classical theories.

http://tinyurl.com...

Interesting, however; Jesus still does/did not know the time. These are mere theories
"If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything. -Mark Twain

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and is widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams

"Science has proof without any certainty. Creationists have certainty without any proof."
- Ashley Montague

"You laugh at me because I'm different. I laugh at you because you're all the same." Unknown
bornofgod
Posts: 11,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2014 9:22:16 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/12/2014 11:01:52 PM, RoyalAries wrote:
If Jesus is God, how does Jesus not know the day and time of the rapture ?

Jesus is an illusion that was used by God to testify for Him. All us saints are killed for our testimonies but since we understand that death is only an illusions, we're not concerned about our bodies ( illusions ) being killed.
Geogeer
Posts: 4,270
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2014 9:41:54 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/13/2014 7:22:52 AM, RoyalAries wrote:
At 10/13/2014 1:00:14 AM, Geogeer wrote:
At 10/12/2014 11:01:52 PM, RoyalAries wrote:
If Jesus is God, how does Jesus not know the day and time of the rapture ?

Here is a paper that summarizes the classical theories.

http://tinyurl.com...

Interesting, however; Jesus still does/did not know the time. These are mere theories

Yes, they are theories 4 them describe what he meant. I also read another one at some point in time which stated that it was a Jewish idiom which basically meant something along the lines of none of your bees wax
nothead
Posts: 371
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2014 10:31:28 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/13/2014 9:22:16 AM, bornofgod wrote:
At 10/12/2014 11:01:52 PM, RoyalAries wrote:
If Jesus is God, how does Jesus not know the day and time of the rapture ?

Jesus is an illusion that was used by God to testify for Him. All us saints are killed for our testimonies but since we understand that death is only an illusions, we're not concerned about our bodies ( illusions ) being killed.

Your post is an illusion. Obviously you prioritize some over others. If illusion then all of false basis. So then we have no reason to read you, sir.
nothead
Posts: 371
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2014 10:33:15 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/13/2014 9:41:54 AM, Geogeer wrote:
At 10/13/2014 7:22:52 AM, RoyalAries wrote:
At 10/13/2014 1:00:14 AM, Geogeer wrote:
At 10/12/2014 11:01:52 PM, RoyalAries wrote:
If Jesus is God, how does Jesus not know the day and time of the rapture ?

Here is a paper that summarizes the classical theories.

http://tinyurl.com...

Interesting, however; Jesus still does/did not know the time. These are mere theories

Yes, they are theories 4 them describe what he meant. I also read another one at some point in time which stated that it was a Jewish idiom which basically meant something along the lines of none of your bees wax

"None of your beeswax" makes no sense. No hint this is an idiom at all, by Jesus. And the plain import is too plain to misconstrue otherwise.
nothead
Posts: 371
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2014 10:43:33 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/13/2014 7:22:52 AM, RoyalAries wrote:
At 10/13/2014 1:00:14 AM, Geogeer wrote:
At 10/12/2014 11:01:52 PM, RoyalAries wrote:
If Jesus is God, how does Jesus not know the day and time of the rapture ?

Here is a paper that summarizes the classical theories.

http://tinyurl.com...

Interesting, however; Jesus still does/did not know the time. These are mere theories

Also this does not account for the other things Jesus did not know:

1) who touched his hem
2) who would sit at his left and right hands

And for those who believe in reason, how can Jesus be the God who sits at the right hand of God, when John and Jame's mother wanted this for her sons? The left and right hands of God are also God? This would make the ones next to Jesus also God.

This makes no sense, and proves she didn't want GODHOOD for her sons in the literal conception of.
Geogeer
Posts: 4,270
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2014 10:48:18 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/13/2014 10:33:15 AM, nothead wrote:
At 10/13/2014 9:41:54 AM, Geogeer wrote:
At 10/13/2014 7:22:52 AM, RoyalAries wrote:
At 10/13/2014 1:00:14 AM, Geogeer wrote:
At 10/12/2014 11:01:52 PM, RoyalAries wrote:
If Jesus is God, how does Jesus not know the day and time of the rapture ?

Here is a paper that summarizes the classical theories.

http://tinyurl.com...

Interesting, however; Jesus still does/did not know the time. These are mere theories

Yes, they are theories 4 them describe what he meant. I also read another one at some point in time which stated that it was a Jewish idiom which basically meant something along the lines of none of your bees wax

"None of your beeswax" makes no sense. No hint this is an idiom at all, by Jesus. And the plain import is too plain to misconstrue otherwise.

Okay, you don't want to discuss. Fine. Ciao.
bornofgod
Posts: 11,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2014 11:22:37 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/13/2014 10:31:28 AM, nothead wrote:
At 10/13/2014 9:22:16 AM, bornofgod wrote:
At 10/12/2014 11:01:52 PM, RoyalAries wrote:
If Jesus is God, how does Jesus not know the day and time of the rapture ?

Jesus is an illusion that was used by God to testify for Him. All us saints are killed for our testimonies but since we understand that death is only an illusions, we're not concerned about our bodies ( illusions ) being killed.

Your post is an illusion. Obviously you prioritize some over others. If illusion then all of false basis. So then we have no reason to read you, sir.

The fact that you read my post shows you have no control over yourself.
POPOO5560
Posts: 2,487
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2014 6:15:49 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/13/2014 10:43:33 AM, nothead wrote:
At 10/13/2014 7:22:52 AM, RoyalAries wrote:
At 10/13/2014 1:00:14 AM, Geogeer wrote:
At 10/12/2014 11:01:52 PM, RoyalAries wrote:
If Jesus is God, how does Jesus not know the day and time of the rapture ?

Here is a paper that summarizes the classical theories.

http://tinyurl.com...

Interesting, however; Jesus still does/did not know the time. These are mere theories

Also this does not account for the other things Jesus did not know:

1) who touched his hem
2) who would sit at his left and right hands

And for those who believe in reason, how can Jesus be the God who sits at the right hand of God, when John and Jame's mother wanted this for her sons? The left and right hands of God are also God? This would make the ones next to Jesus also God.

This makes no sense, and proves she didn't want GODHOOD for her sons in the literal conception of.

reason? more simle clear statement of Jesus: Mark 10:18
"Why do you call me good?" Jesus answered. "No one is good--except God alone.

see what debaters like sam shamoun or james white say about this verse... they have to come out with ridiculous excuses becuase they know very well they got caught... gospels full of proofs shows jesus never claimed to be God and he rejected it...

John 5:30 - By myself I can do nothing; I judge only as I hear, and my judgment is just, for I seek not to please myself but him who sent me.

God can do anything, jesus cant.

or just read john 10:23-35.. when the jews accused him claiming to be God (when he said - i and my father are one, as most christains did and doing) Jesus him self refuted them. but the problem they putting a full stop in the verse where the jews accused him, so taking out of context.
Never fart near dog
DPMartin
Posts: 1,096
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2014 7:04:58 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
According to the first chapter of the Gospel according to John In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God.
All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

And:
And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us,

Hence if you notice if something is made by God then it must be spoken first hence via the Word of God that Jesus Christ is. So what He"s saying is, at the time they asked Him, is it wasn"t spoken yet.
Emilrose
Posts: 2,479
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2014 7:21:55 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Jesus is not G-d, and there is no "rapture".
Commentator on a picture with David Cameron and a Cat: 'Amazing what you can achieve with photoshop these days. I'm sure that used to be a pig.'

Commentator on Hillary Clinton: 'If Clinton is now what passes for progressive, maybe this country deserves Trump.'

Commentator on British parliament: 'All that talent in one place, where is Ebola when you need it?'

John Kerry on words: 'These aren't just words, folks.'
nothead
Posts: 371
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2014 9:38:13 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/13/2014 11:22:37 AM, bornofgod wrote:
At 10/13/2014 10:31:28 AM, nothead wrote:
At 10/13/2014 9:22:16 AM, bornofgod wrote:
At 10/12/2014 11:01:52 PM, RoyalAries wrote:
If Jesus is God, how does Jesus not know the day and time of the rapture ?

Jesus is an illusion that was used by God to testify for Him. All us saints are killed for our testimonies but since we understand that death is only an illusions, we're not concerned about our bodies ( illusions ) being killed.

Your post is an illusion. Obviously you prioritize some over others. If illusion then all of false basis. So then we have no reason to read you, sir.

The fact that you read my post shows you have no control over yourself.

You mean I am without reasonable reason (to read your posts). True.
nothead
Posts: 371
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2014 9:42:48 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/13/2014 7:04:58 PM, DPMartin wrote:
According to the first chapter of the Gospel according to John In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God.
All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

And:
And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us,

Hence if you notice if something is made by God then it must be spoken first hence via the Word of God that Jesus Christ is. So what He"s saying is, at the time they asked Him, is it wasn"t spoken yet.

Jesus cannot be Creator since YHWH Elohim was already designated as. You act as if Jesus replaced the Father here in your verse. Why does IT not mention the OTHER Creator? And why did the original story not mention Jesus? TWO gaps in your terp, sir.

Hint DIA is the conduit or channel of Creation, and Jesus WAS it, not the Creator Himself.

Conduit for what? ERM, ideal kingdom of God, or Creation back to Ideal? Just guessin'.
nothead
Posts: 371
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2014 9:45:57 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/13/2014 7:21:55 PM, Emilrose wrote:
Jesus is not G-d, and there is no "rapture".

What does rapture have to do? With anything beh beh?

Sounds like your denom is being proclaimed here. Okaydokay. I can dig it.

Agreed upon to, although Rapture is another subject. Eh. (Don't be offended, I call everyone "beh beh").
bornofgod
Posts: 11,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2014 10:05:26 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/13/2014 7:04:58 PM, DPMartin wrote:
According to the first chapter of the Gospel according to John In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God.
All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

And:
And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us,

Hence if you notice if something is made by God then it must be spoken first hence via the Word of God that Jesus Christ is. So what He"s saying is, at the time they asked Him, is it wasn"t spoken yet.

All the saints learned that we're created as the voice of the Lord, also known as the word of the Lord that even God's prophets spoke.

Jesus is an English name of a saint. Christ is the invisible Word of God that we saints speak. Therefore, Jesus Christ is just a symbolic name for the invisible Word of God that all us saints and prophets spoke for our invisible Creator who calls Himself Lord, God, Savior, King, The Father, etc.
Obed
Posts: 463
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2014 10:06:58 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/12/2014 11:01:52 PM, RoyalAries wrote:
If Jesus is God, how does Jesus not know the day and time of the rapture ?

Jesus really is God. Jesus is God come as a Man. God did not pretend to come as a Man; He really did come as a Man.
RoyalAries
Posts: 43
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2014 10:13:28 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/15/2014 10:06:58 PM, Obed wrote:
At 10/12/2014 11:01:52 PM, RoyalAries wrote:
If Jesus is God, how does Jesus not know the day and time of the rapture ?

Jesus really is God. Jesus is God come as a Man. God did not pretend to come as a Man; He really did come as a Man.

So how could he not no the day and time?
"If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything. -Mark Twain

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and is widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams

"Science has proof without any certainty. Creationists have certainty without any proof."
- Ashley Montague

"You laugh at me because I'm different. I laugh at you because you're all the same." Unknown
Beastt
Posts: 5,135
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2014 10:30:08 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/12/2014 11:17:33 PM, Composer wrote:
At 10/12/2014 11:01:52 PM, RoyalAries wrote:
If Jesus is God, how does Jesus not know the day and time of the rapture ?

Because it is just a Story book character that can only do, say etc. whatever its human authors want it to do!

In reality it is a Historical MYTH!

Bingo!
"If we believe absurdities we shall commit atrocities." -- Voltaire
Beastt
Posts: 5,135
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2014 10:33:33 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/12/2014 11:01:52 PM, RoyalAries wrote:
If Jesus is God, how does Jesus not know the day and time of the rapture ?

Sure he didn't know the exact time. But if we look to Matthew 16:27 we see the rapture described as the time when Jesus will return and reward each man according to his works.

And if we look to Matthew 16:28, we'll see that this is to happen before all of the disciples die. This idea is reflected in Luke 21:32, Mark 13:30 and Matthew 24:34. The problem for Christians is that this time has long since passed, and it never happened.
"If we believe absurdities we shall commit atrocities." -- Voltaire
Obed
Posts: 463
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2014 7:25:06 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/15/2014 10:13:28 PM, RoyalAries wrote:
At 10/15/2014 10:06:58 PM, Obed wrote:
At 10/12/2014 11:01:52 PM, RoyalAries wrote:
If Jesus is God, how does Jesus not know the day and time of the rapture ?

Jesus really is God. Jesus is God come as a Man. God did not pretend to come as a Man; He really did come as a Man.

So how could he not no the day and time?

God lives in unapproachable light. Jesus is God made visible. When God came to earth in the body of the Man Jesus, Jesus was still subject to the One who lives in unapproachable light. As a Man, Jesus did not know the day and time of the end.
Obed
Posts: 463
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2014 7:27:13 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
1 Timothy 6:16 who alone is immortal and who lives in unapproachable light, whom no one has seen or can see. To him be honor and might forever. Amen.

Colossians 1:15 The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.
RoyalAries
Posts: 43
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2014 8:30:24 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/16/2014 7:25:06 AM, Obed wrote:
At 10/15/2014 10:13:28 PM, RoyalAries wrote:
At 10/15/2014 10:06:58 PM, Obed wrote:
At 10/12/2014 11:01:52 PM, RoyalAries wrote:
If Jesus is God, how does Jesus not know the day and time of the rapture ?

Jesus really is God. Jesus is God come as a Man. God did not pretend to come as a Man; He really did come as a Man.

So how could he not no the day and time?

God lives in unapproachable light. Jesus is God made visible. When God came to earth in the body of the Man Jesus, Jesus was still subject to the One who lives in unapproachable light. As a Man, Jesus did not know the day and time of the end.

But even so Jesus would still be God so they would have the same mind huh?
"If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything. -Mark Twain

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and is widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams

"Science has proof without any certainty. Creationists have certainty without any proof."
- Ashley Montague

"You laugh at me because I'm different. I laugh at you because you're all the same." Unknown
Obed
Posts: 463
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2014 2:24:01 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/16/2014 8:30:24 AM, RoyalAries wrote:
At 10/16/2014 7:25:06 AM, Obed wrote:
At 10/15/2014 10:13:28 PM, RoyalAries wrote:
At 10/15/2014 10:06:58 PM, Obed wrote:
At 10/12/2014 11:01:52 PM, RoyalAries wrote:
If Jesus is God, how does Jesus not know the day and time of the rapture ?

Jesus really is God. Jesus is God come as a Man. God did not pretend to come as a Man; He really did come as a Man.

So how could he not no the day and time?

God lives in unapproachable light. Jesus is God made visible. When God came to earth in the body of the Man Jesus, Jesus was still subject to the One who lives in unapproachable light. As a Man, Jesus did not know the day and time of the end.

But even so Jesus would still be God so they would have the same mind huh?

Jesus is God come as a Man.

The Man Jesus is God.

To have the mind of Christ is to have an obedient mind. A mind obedient to God.
Obed
Posts: 463
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2014 2:30:06 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/15/2014 10:13:28 PM, RoyalAries wrote:
At 10/15/2014 10:06:58 PM, Obed wrote:
At 10/12/2014 11:01:52 PM, RoyalAries wrote:
If Jesus is God, how does Jesus not know the day and time of the rapture ?

Jesus really is God. Jesus is God come as a Man. God did not pretend to come as a Man; He really did come as a Man.

So how could he not no the day and time?

God the Father knows. God the Father did not yet tell Jesus the Man.

Jesus is now in heaven exalted above all to the highest place and given the name that is above every name.
Beastt
Posts: 5,135
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2014 3:46:53 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/18/2014 2:30:06 PM, Obed wrote:
At 10/15/2014 10:13:28 PM, RoyalAries wrote:
At 10/15/2014 10:06:58 PM, Obed wrote:
At 10/12/2014 11:01:52 PM, RoyalAries wrote:
If Jesus is God, how does Jesus not know the day and time of the rapture ?

Jesus really is God. Jesus is God come as a Man. God did not pretend to come as a Man; He really did come as a Man.

So how could he not no the day and time?

God the Father knows. God the Father did not yet tell Jesus the Man.

Jesus is now in heaven exalted above all to the highest place and given the name that is above every name.

But if Jesus didn't know because "God the Father" didn't tell him, then clearly, they're not one and the same.

Please quantify how names equate to altitude.
"If we believe absurdities we shall commit atrocities." -- Voltaire
Composer
Posts: 5,858
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2014 9:08:36 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/18/2014 2:24:01 PM, Obed wrote:
Jesus is God come as a Man.

The Man Jesus is God.
You are wrong & wrong!

IF 100% Natural Orange Juice is tampered with or manipulated or chemicals added, then it isn't the Original, but a corrupted form!

Same goes for the Non-Original trinitarian Story book jebus!

Factual statement 1.

IF jebus were a 100% Fully man, then there is NO room for anything else e.g. a god!

&

Factual statement 2.

The former Bishop of Woolwich, Dr. Robinson, in his book, "Honest to God," in a passage where he was explaining how most claiming to be xtians view jebus:

"Jesus was not a man born and bred, he was God for a limited period taking part in a charade. He looked like a man, but underneath he was God dressed up - like Father Christmas."

Many church people find the bishop's reference to Father Christmas offensive. Yet apart from that, they agree that this is a fair statement of church teaching. If jebus was really a god, or even a mighty angel who once lived in heaven, then it was never a real man, but a Divine Person dressed up in human flesh.

Not a figure of speech there, but a second statement of fact!

If jebus was really a god, or even a mighty angel who once lived in heaven, then it was never a real man, but a Divine Person dressed up in human flesh.

Hence Johnny Come Lately trinitarians swallow corrupted Orange Juice and believe in Father Xmas!