Jump to topic:

What satan looks like at the pulpit

Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2010 11:39:22 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
The sad thing is he clearly his strawmans arguments pertain to wait the 'way of the masters' do.
One act of Rebellion created all the darkness and evil in the world; One life of Total Obedience created a path back to eternity and God.

A Scout is Obedient.
DATCMOTO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2010 2:59:13 AM
At 4/13/2010 11:39:22 AM, Marauder wrote:

The sad thing is he clearly his strawmans arguments pertain to wait the 'way of the masters' do.

And attacking other Christians is glorifying Christ how?
The Cross.. the Cross.
Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2010 5:41:21 AM
At 4/15/2010 2:59:13 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:

http://www.biblegateway.com...
somehow Paul found it justifieable. Even Peter was accused by Jesus of being Satan http://bible.cc...
This man started the attack on other christians, some of the most effective ones at shareing the gosple too. From listening to his rant its on unsound doctrines that we dont want in our church. This man is the reason christians stay lukewarm. In a topic he preaches that supposedly concerns witnessing he has managed to dull down the message and standard we take each of the 10 commandments at just so that people can feel good about themselves.
One act of Rebellion created all the darkness and evil in the world; One life of Total Obedience created a path back to eternity and God.

A Scout is Obedient.
Servant_of_God
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2010 8:21:45 PM
Who is this preacher preaching?

He is a false teacher as well. He said repentance is not taught in the Bible in order to be saved. Jesus said in Luke 13:3 I tell you, no, but unless you repent, you will all likewise perish.

My question is, what happens if I don't repent? If I don't repent then I will perish.

If I learn I have sin in my life that God has condemned and I continue to live that way then I can never be saved. The Bible is full of examples of people repenting and so to say that you can be saved without repentance is sinful.

Thanks for reading
Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2010 8:22:18 AM
At 4/17/2010 8:21:45 PM, Servant_of_God wrote:
Who is this preacher preaching?

He is a false teacher as well. He said repentance is not taught in the Bible in order to be saved. Jesus said in Luke 13:3 I tell you, no, but unless you repent, you will all likewise perish.

My question is, what happens if I don't repent? If I don't repent then I will perish.

If I learn I have sin in my life that God has condemned and I continue to live that way then I can never be saved. The Bible is full of examples of people repenting and so to say that you can be saved without repentance is sinful.

Thanks for reading

I compleatly agree, but the thing is, you have to be really carefull with just how you preach that message. Because ultimately we are saved by grace alone and not our works and that can easily be confused with repentance. you know like if I have no works then I have not repented. But the desire to change and fruits of somesort should be natural out of someone who has accapted the grace of gods salvation. We should have enough reason to persue a repentant life away from sin without even bringing salvation into the conversation yet.
But can the success of ones practicing repentance really reflect accurately if they have gods grace enough for salvation? For through Experience we have learned that backsliding is a serious problem even for whatever we would call the best of us. If the heart is truely repentant I think its possible for it to still be undisciplened enough to make noticable changes in there life, or the changes could be short lived.
The heart still must be repentant, and on this the Scriptures is clear; but does that without fail lead to a different life? It can but it might not because the problem of backslideing. The good thing though is that we dont need to know what others hearts are in terms of repentance becuase its not our job, a different judge has that overwellming task.

A Scout is Obedient.
DATCMOTO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2010 3:07:18 AM
At 4/15/2010 5:41:21 AM, Marauder wrote:

somehow Paul found it justifieable. Even Peter was accused by Jesus of being Satan http://bible.cc...
This man started the attack on other christians, some of the most effective ones at shareing the gosple too. From listening to his rant its on unsound doctrines that we dont want in our church. This man is the reason christians stay lukewarm. In a topic he preaches that supposedly concerns witnessing he has managed to dull down the message and standard we take each of the 10 commandments at just so that people can feel good about themselves.

Comparing your discernment with Christs is disingenius to say the least; you are pointing the finger and saying 'bad' so you can be 'good'.. I know;I've been there.
The Cross.. the Cross.
Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2010 6:05:56 AM
At 4/20/2010 3:07:18 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:

Comparing your discernment with Christs is disingenius to say the least; you are pointing the finger and saying 'bad' so you can be 'good'.. I know;I've been there.

Uhh...No.

I point a finger so that are church can identify the problems that are in it and deal with them. I mentioned Paul too, 1 Corinthians chapter 5. Was Paul being arragant claiming himself christ? No. Just because we are christians does not mean we are immune to Satans attacks and even inadvertantly promoting what Satan wants us to promote. When we see other christians promoting these unbiblical things we cannot let it go unchallanged.
It has nothing to do with thinking myself good or bad or sidways from the 2. It has to do with keeping yeast like this out of such a dangerous position like the pulpit.

Our church has paid a heavy consequence for ignoring such things just because their christian in cases like Jim Jones http://en.wikipedia.org...
He took all his members away with his teachings in the name of christ and had them all commit suicide or inforce the suicide or those that didnt want too before commiting suicide themself. Dont you think it would have been better if all the christians that new better than his teachings had worked together to him down in sight of the public so that no one would follow him to such an secluded place that he had control enough to kill them all? so no one could follow him and be deluded enough to kill themselves?

A Scout is Obedient.
DATCMOTO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2010 10:18:23 AM
At 4/20/2010 6:05:56 AM, Marauder wrote:

Comparing your discernment with Christs is disingenuous to say the least; you are pointing the finger and saying 'bad' so you can be 'good'.. I know;I've been there.

Uhh...No.

I point a finger so that are church can identify the problems that are in it and deal with them. I mentioned Paul too, 1 Corinthians chapter 5. Was Paul being arragant claiming himself christ? No. Just because we are christians does not mean we are immune to Satans attacks and even inadvertantly promoting what Satan wants us to promote. When we see other christians promoting these unbiblical things we cannot let it go unchallanged.
It has nothing to do with thinking myself good or bad or sidways from the 2. It has to do with keeping yeast like this out of such a dangerous position like the pulpit.

Our church has paid a heavy consequence for ignoring such things just because their christian in cases like Jim Jones http://en.wikipedia.org...
He took all his members away with his teachings in the name of christ and had them all commit suicide or inforce the suicide or those that didnt want too before commiting suicide themself. Dont you think it would have been better if all the christians that new better than his teachings had worked together to him down in sight of the public so that no one would follow him to such an secluded place that he had control enough to kill them all? so no one could follow him and be deluded enough to kill themselves?

All very heroic, I'm sure.. but this isn't the church. This is a public forum and certainly not the place for Christians to attack one another.

And use the spellcheck please.
The Cross.. the Cross.
Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2010 11:10:10 AM
At 4/26/2010 10:18:23 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 4/20/2010 6:05:56 AM, Marauder wrote:

Comparing your discernment with Christs is disingenuous to say the least; you are pointing the finger and saying 'bad' so you can be 'good'.. I know;I've been there.

Uhh...No.

I point a finger so that our church can identify the problems that are in it and deal with them. I mentioned Paul too, 1 Corinthians chapter 5. Was Paul being arragant claiming himself christ? No. Just because we are christians does not mean we are immune to Satans attacks and even inadvertantly promoting what Satan wants us to promote. When we see other christians promoting these unbiblical things we cannot let it go unchallanged.

He took all his members away with his teachings in the name of christ and had them all commit suicide or inforce the suicide or those that didnt want too before commiting suicide themself. Dont you think it would have been better if all the christians that new better than his teachings had worked together to 'tear' him down in sight of the public so that no one would follow him to such an secluded place that he had control enough to kill them all? so no one could follow him and be deluded enough to kill themselves?

All very heroic, I'm sure.. but this isn't the church. This is a public forum and certainly not the place for Christians to attack one another.

Just were do you think the church is DATC? The body of christ that we are in is eccumenical and is not defined as a building. like in the song 'you are the church, I am the church, we are the church togeeether.....' This guys preaching is on the internet so likewise the accurate biblical responses should be too. otherwise the responses to his flawed preaching is virtually non-existant to everyone who watches the video.

A Scout is Obedient.
DATCMOTO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2010 3:10:25 AM
At 4/26/2010 11:10:10 AM, Marauder wrote:

Just were do you think the church is DATC? The body of christ that we are in is eccumenical and is not defined as a building. like in the song 'you are the church, I am the church, we are the church togeeether.....' This guys preaching is on the internet so likewise the accurate biblical responses should be too. otherwise the responses to his flawed preaching is virtually non-existant to everyone who watches the video.

There are plenty of sites that only Christians use (I can recommend crosstalkblog.com) which are suitable to analyse the church etc.. this is not a suitable forum.
You either consider or disregard my advice; I will not be drawn into a lengthy squabble as this also does not glorify our Lord and Saviour.
The Cross.. the Cross.
Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2010 5:16:33 AM
why is this forum not sutible? there are christians hear that have a heart for debate. thats all thats needed is it not? are you worried about agnostics and agnostics that think there athiest using our comments about the man in the video against us, because they wont when all our comments really rest on already believing the bible is true that god is real and that we are sinners and cannot get to heaven without the blood of the lamb.

A Scout is Obedient.
Servant_of_God
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2010 8:14:27 AM
If this isn't the place for debate for religious things and belief's then I don't know why I have seen many many other debates and conversations on religion. I don't agree with the way of the master, but if there is any place to argue this it is here on this site.

roger
DATCMOTO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2010 8:45:56 AM
At 4/27/2010 5:16:33 AM, Marauder wrote:
why is this forum not sutible? there are christians hear that have a heart for debate. thats all thats needed is it not? are you worried about agnostics and agnostics that think there athiest using our comments about the man in the video against us, because they wont when all our comments really rest on already believing the bible is true that god is real and that we are sinners and cannot get to heaven without the blood of the lamb.

Let's switch to messaging..
The Cross.. the Cross.
DATCMOTO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2010 3:26:06 AM
At 5/4/2010 11:53:57 AM, JustCallMeTarzan wrote:
Yes, let's switch to messaging where nobody can see DAT being made a fool...

=P

*whilst not daring to attack Christian theology or Biblical inerrantcy* HA!

You really are a glutton for punishment Tarzan..
The Cross.. the Cross.
Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2010 8:38:27 AM
At 5/5/2010 3:26:06 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:

=P

So its not okay for us to 'childishly squable' but its okay for you to do so with athiest?

A Scout is Obedient.
DATCMOTO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2010 3:39:39 AM
At 5/5/2010 8:38:27 AM, Marauder wrote:

=P

So its not okay for us to 'childishly squable' but its okay for you to do so with athiest?

You got it.
The Cross.. the Cross.
Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2010 6:53:57 AM
At 5/6/2010 3:39:39 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:

=P

You got it.

If its 'childish' when we do it together, were still being 'childish' if we do it with them.

A Scout is Obedient.
DATCMOTO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2010 7:03:58 AM
At 5/6/2010 6:53:57 AM, Marauder wrote:

=P

You got it.

If its 'childish' when we do it together, were still being 'childish' if we do it with them.

I was hoping to avoid this but since you insist: YOU are to treat me like a Father, I to treat you like a son.. As you do not seem to understand this simple precept I would rather not discourse publicly.

ALSO; you are still on trial.. I am not wholly convinced you are a 21yr old Methodist from Virginia..
The Cross.. the Cross.
Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2010 10:26:36 AM
At 5/10/2010 7:03:58 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 5/6/2010 6:53:57 AM, Marauder wrote:

=P

You got it.

I was hoping to avoid this but since you insist: YOU are to treat me like a Father, I to treat you like a son.. As you do not seem to understand this simple precept I would rather not discourse publicly.

ALSO; you are still on trial.. I am not wholly convinced you are a 21yr old Methodist from Virginia..

Im not 100% certain your name is not an acronim for Duplicate Account Tukbok Created Mocking Only Theistic Orthadoxy. If your really this websites athiest 'Tukbok', then it would explain why your dont wish to formally debate anyone as its easy to spamm the forums with weak examples of christain arguments, but to commit to a full debate is much more difficult. Even in your debate with Narcacist its clear you werent really debating, you were just using that as an extendion of the forums to claim you did not say the things narcisist accused you of.
I find it most incredelous that your father would give you a nickname that means nothing, and then you choose to put a meaningless name in all caps like its an acronym for something.

Also, for what God given reason should I treat you like a father? even granted the assumtion that your not Tukbok.

A Scout is Obedient.
Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2010 11:30:58 AM

I understand well enough that just because two people are debating, they are not by defalt childish. I understand well enough that the people who know this fact that arguing can be okay come to this very website because elseware confrontation is irritatingly avoided. what is one to do if he feels god has made him like Andrew Jackson who said 'I was born for the storm, the calm does not suit me' for if everyone insist on avoiding debates to avoid 'storms' then who are those built to debate to debate with.

Debate is not Childish DATC (dublicate account tubock created). Period.

Debate is the prefered method for a search for truth amoung what people think outside thier own thoughts. God didnt give any one man knowledge of everything and therefor all truth. but I would be willing to bet all have some truth, and that that truth generally not the same between any two individuals. the only way to mine for this truth amoung all of what a person only 'thinks they know' is through debate.

Debate is the most mature adult way to seek and end to conflicting views. other methods like shooting each other are not mature, or compramising by ignoring each other and agreeing leave each other alone is not mature as it completely disrespects the intelligence, the competence of the other individual in against that of your own without warrent.

I beleive the people drawn to this website are drawn so for the same reasons that I am, and understand this simple fact that debating is a mature thing to do. Is it possible to do so in a immature manner, like add unessisary swear terms, or throw add-hominins into your arguments, our in general disrespect your opponents arguments by ignoring all of them and even going on as if they had said something they had not? for sure. but on the whole debate is a mature practice.
And we, like those who are not yet christians, also do not have all truth or all the answers, and God has led us individually on defferent independant paths of discovering different answers for ourselves because we each need difforent imformation on our side to perform the deferent purposes he has given us. Nothing about the cercumstances that make debate mature change because we are christian and there is no reason to think it does.
Because it is a weak argument on Satans behalf to convince someone that debate would make us childish simpley explain to the accusing individual what I just have and, if knowhere else it will on this website because of the kind of people it draws, make them realize there is nothing wrong or hippocritical about our christian debates or existing christian controversies.

and who knows, mabey the root core to a paticular agnostic for disbelief is tied to one of the christian arguments that they never really found resolution too, or herd all the wrong arguments for the side that had the answer that would keep them in the faith... or something like that and God would lead that person to read our discussion and they pick up on something they had not realized before that drasticly changes there take on God and the reasons for there disbelief go away.

A Scout is Obedient.
DATCMOTO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2010 4:02:24 AM
At 5/10/2010 11:30:58 AM, Marauder wrote:

I understand well enough that just because two people are debating, they are not by defalt childish. I understand well enough that the people who know this fact that arguing can be okay come to this very website because elseware confrontation is irritatingly avoided. what is one to do if he feels god has made him like Andrew Jackson who said 'I was born for the storm, the calm does not suit me' for if everyone insist on avoiding debates to avoid 'storms' then who are those built to debate to debate with.

Debate is not Childish DATC (dublicate account tubock created). Period.

Debate is the prefered method for a search for truth amoung what people think outside thier own thoughts. God didnt give any one man knowledge of everything and therefor all truth. but I would be willing to bet all have some truth, and that that truth generally not the same between any two individuals. the only way to mine for this truth amoung all of what a person only 'thinks they know' is through debate.

Debate is the most mature adult way to seek and end to conflicting views. other methods like shooting each other are not mature, or compramising by ignoring each other and agreeing leave each other alone is not mature as it completely disrespects the intelligence, the competence of the other individual in against that of your own without warrent.

I beleive the people drawn to this website are drawn so for the same reasons that I am, and understand this simple fact that debating is a mature thing to do. Is it possible to do so in a immature manner, like add unessisary swear terms, or throw add-hominins into your arguments, our in general disrespect your opponents arguments by ignoring all of them and even going on as if they had said something they had not? for sure. but on the whole debate is a mature practice.
And we, like those who are not yet christians, also do not have all truth or all the answers, and God has led us individually on defferent independant paths of discovering different answers for ourselves because we each need difforent imformation on our side to perform the deferent purposes he has given us. Nothing about the cercumstances that make debate mature change because we are christian and there is no reason to think it does.
Because it is a weak argument on Satans behalf to convince someone that debate would make us childish simpley explain to the accusing individual what I just have and, if knowhere else it will on this website because of the kind of people it draws, make them realize there is nothing wrong or hippocritical about our christian debates or existing christian controversies.

and who knows, mabey the root core to a paticular agnostic for disbelief is tied to one of the christian arguments that they never really found resolution too, or herd all the wrong arguments for the side that had the answer that would keep them in the faith... or something like that and God would lead that person to read our discussion and they pick up on something they had not realized before that drasticly changes there take on God and the reasons for there disbelief go away.

No, debate it not childish BUT continually siding with unbelievers against me is unchristian and foolhardy.. Let's agree to stay out of each others way or I AM going to take you to task.
The Cross.. the Cross.
Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2010 6:36:17 AM
At 5/11/2010 4:02:24 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:

No, debate it not childish BUT continually siding with unbelievers against me is unchristian and foolhardy.. Let's agree to stay out of each others way or I AM going to take you to task.

Narcassist, Geo, Kleptin, Tukbok, Korshack, Floid, Mattdamon.....and any other athiest that I missed that may have learned I frequent the Religious fourums, and have debated with me on issues of god, do you think I am one your side when it comes to christian teachings?

A Scout is Obedient.
DATCMOTO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2010 3:54:37 AM
At 5/11/2010 6:36:17 AM, Marauder wrote:

Narcassist, Geo, Kleptin, Tukbok, Korshack, Floid, Mattdamon.....and any other athiest that I missed that may have learned I frequent the Religious fourums, and have debated with me on issues of god, do you think I am one your side when it comes to christian teachings?

OK, I'm giving you 24 hours to close your account, OR I will initiate an investigation; (IF you are a duplicate then you WILL lose BOTH accounts) IF you are a legitimate Christian I'm going to take you to task BY formalling debating you on the issues we have clashed over.
Until then I again respectfully REQUEST that we do not engage on the forums.. Thankyou.
The Cross.. the Cross.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2010 6:41:41 AM
At 5/17/2010 3:54:37 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 5/11/2010 6:36:17 AM, Marauder wrote:

OK, I'm giving you 24 hours to close your account, OR I will initiate an investigation; (IF you are a duplicate then you WILL lose BOTH accounts) IF you are a legitimate Christian I'm going to take you to task BY formalling debating you on the issues we have clashed over.
Until then I again respectfully REQUEST that we do not engage on the forums.. Thankyou.

One fake Christian threatening another fake Christian over an internet turf war... brilliant.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2010 9:29:03 AM
At 5/17/2010 6:41:41 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:

One fake Christian threatening another fake Christian over an internet turf war... brilliant.

I only see a fake athiest here who dosnt know he's an agnostic.

A Scout is Obedient.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2010 9:46:37 AM
At 5/17/2010 9:29:03 AM, Marauder wrote:
At 5/17/2010 6:41:41 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:

I only see a fake athiest here who dosnt know he's an agnostic.

Waaaah!!!!
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
Moroni23
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2010 1:50:55 PM

Lol love this rebute. I couldn't agree more.
DATCMOTO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2010 4:31:33 AM
At 5/17/2010 1:50:55 PM, Moroni23 wrote:

Lol love this rebute. I couldn't agree more.

You're not a Christian, so..
The Cross.. the Cross.