Jump to topic:

Enforcing the Rules.

bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2014 11:25:12 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
There's an attempt being made in this forum to change the way it's being moderated.

As always, each forum that is moderated with stronger enforcement becomes a haven for small groups to control everyone else who doesn't comply to their rules. This smaller group are the one's who learn how to get members in trouble by using the rules in their favor but at the same time, keep their control. This is how all religious groups and governments operate in this world.

This forum is the best forum that I've been in since I started speaking for our Creator because it appears to be impossible to be banned from it, no matter what you write in here. This is what I call a "Free Speech" forum, which is what the citizens of the U.S. are protected by instead of a small group of people who dictate what you can say or not say.

I am preaching the gospel here in Campbell, CA., under the "Free Speech" laws of the United States of America, There are many religious Christians here who have been threatening to get rid of me since I started doing this on July 24th, 2011. I have connected with hundreds of God's believers who love what I'm doing because they are too afraid to speak out against the religious suppression that's been going on around here in Campbell with it's majority of Christian based businesses and citizens.

Freedom of Speech is hated by these Christians who would love it if everyone conformed to their own laws that are contrary to the Law of God that I've been teaching God's believers. The Law of God will eventually destroy this world and all it's laws protecting the few who control the land and it's wealth, along with all religions of this world, especially the religion of Christianity that has been used by the few false prophets who want to dominate our lives here on earth.

If you comply to these people who want to start enforcing their rules in this forum, you can be assured that your "Freedom of Speech" will be taken away in favor of their own ideas they want everyone to conform to. This is the beginning of a new religion and a governing body to protect the few who are seeking these changes.

These changes they are seeking are to eliminate anyone that takes a stand against religion or any group that is trying to control other people. So if you're a free bird who wants to fly anywhere you want according to God's Law, this plan is not for you.

God bless those who understand the Law of God,
Saint Brad
ethang5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2014 2:18:47 PM
At 10/14/2014 11:25:12 AM, bornofgod wrote:
There's an attempt being made in this forum to change the way it's being moderated.

As always, each forum that is moderated with stronger enforcement becomes a haven for small groups to control everyone else who doesn't comply to their rules. This smaller group are the one's who learn how to get members in trouble by using the rules in their favor but at the same time, keep their control. This is how all religious groups and governments operate in this world.

This forum is the best forum that I've been in since I started speaking for our Creator because it appears to be impossible to be banned from it, no matter what you write in here. This is what I call a "Free Speech" forum, which is what the citizens of the U.S. are protected by instead of a small group of people who dictate what you can say or not say.

I am preaching the gospel here in Campbell, CA., under the "Free Speech" laws of the United States of America, There are many religious Christians here who have been threatening to get rid of me since I started doing this on July 24th, 2011. I have connected with hundreds of God's believers who love what I'm doing because they are too afraid to speak out against the religious suppression that's been going on around here in Campbell with it's majority of Christian based businesses and citizens.

Freedom of Speech is hated by these Christians who would love it if everyone conformed to their own laws that are contrary to the Law of God that I've been teaching God's believers. The Law of God will eventually destroy this world and all it's laws protecting the few who control the land and it's wealth, along with all religions of this world, especially the religion of Christianity that has been used by the few false prophets who want to dominate our lives here on earth.

If you comply to these people who want to start enforcing their rules in this forum, you can be assured that your "Freedom of Speech" will be taken away in favor of their own ideas they want everyone to conform to. This is the beginning of a new religion and a governing body to protect the few who are seeking these changes.

These changes they are seeking are to eliminate anyone that takes a stand against religion or any group that is trying to control other people. So if you're a free bird who wants to fly anywhere you want according to God's Law, this plan is not for you.

Saint Brad

Having been kicked off more than a hundred forums, I understand your trepidation. But I don't think you have too much to worry about. The overwhelming majority of posters here would not want you banned or censured.

You're the very voice of God for crying out loud. What can they do to you?
SNP1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2014 5:01:14 PM

To be honest, I am pretty sure you are just rebelling against this because you have been kicked from countless forums and do not want to be kicked from this forum.
#TheApatheticNihilistPartyofAmerica
#WarOnDDO
Skepticalone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2014 6:40:31 PM

Saint Brad

This may be the longest post I have ever seen you submit!

For what its worth, I'm for free speech also. It would be a little better if there were not so many pointless flame wars in which two or three individuals take over a thread to insult each other, though.
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2014 7:31:29 PM
At 10/14/2014 2:18:47 PM, ethang5 wrote:

Saint Brad

Having been kicked off more than a hundred forums, I understand your trepidation. But I don't think you have too much to worry about. The overwhelming majority of posters here would not want you banned or censured.

You're the very voice of God for crying out loud. What can they do to you?

Most of the prophets and all of us saints are killed for being the voice of our Creator because God designed it that way. He made sure that there would be religious people who hate the Truth because they are totally satisfied with the illusion of ruling this world. Thank God that death is only an illusion that isn't real.

There never was anything to worry about because God planned as saving ALL His people from their wicked flesh and this world of good and evil. Never again will we be confused and fearful like we were in this age.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2014 7:33:52 PM
At 10/14/2014 5:01:14 PM, SNP1 wrote:

To be honest, I am pretty sure you are just rebelling against this because you have been kicked from countless forums and do not want to be kicked from this forum.

There are many people in this world that can't wait for God to end this nightmare they're living in under the rules of religious people and governments that support them.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2014 7:41:01 PM
At 10/14/2014 6:40:31 PM, Skepticalone wrote:

Saint Brad

This may be the longest post I have ever seen you submit!

For what its worth, I'm for free speech also. It would be a little better if there were not so many pointless flame wars in which two or three individuals take over a thread to insult each other, though.

Do you stop and listen to two or three people arguing on the streets?

I've put up some very long posts in this forum but most of the time, members don't finish reading them anyway. I can tell by their comments on whether they read them or not. Most of the time, I just make some short, meaningful quotes to get the attention of God's believers who may begin reading my longer posts of the past.

No one can be taught new information if they aren't led to it a little at a time. That's why people go to school and learn a little at a time instead of getting all the knowledge at once, which is impossible to handle for most people.
Beastt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2014 12:51:49 AM
Those who govern least, govern best.

Some social unrest is unavoidable, and even productive. That said, there are times when just one person (or a small group), shows themselves to be completely incapable of "playing well with others". And it's not unusual for that one person to also be the one who complains the most to "government", about everyone else. Perhaps this is one of those times when government needs to find itself effective.

Those who taunt to get attention, then run to scream for help, then repeat the process cyclically, are usually the key to restoring an appropriate level of harmony. In avoiding contact with this "key individual", I've found the forum to be a much improved medium for discussion.

Sometimes one need look no further than the old axiom "don't dish it out if you can't take it", in order to provide clarity and resolution.
"If we believe absurdities we shall commit atrocities." -- Voltaire
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2014 8:01:14 AM
At 10/15/2014 12:51:49 AM, Beastt wrote:

Some social unrest is unavoidable, and even productive. That said, there are times when just one person (or a small group), shows themselves to be completely incapable of "playing well with others". And it's not unusual for that one person to also be the one who complains the most to "government", about everyone else. Perhaps this is one of those times when government needs to find itself effective.

Those who taunt to get attention, then run to scream for help, then repeat the process cyclically, are usually the key to restoring an appropriate level of harmony. In avoiding contact with this "key individual", I've found the forum to be a much improved medium for discussion.

Sometimes one need look no further than the old axiom "don't dish it out if you can't take it", in order to provide clarity and resolution.

Well said !!!!
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2014 10:21:32 PM

I tend to agree and find that the best approach to moderation is the type that no one is aware of because it is very limited or discreet. I intentionally keep myself behind the scenes to the extent that many members of this forum probably had no idea who I was until I began engaging this issue.

With that said, I hope it reflects the extent to which I am now finding this to be a problem that Bladerunner and I are attempting to get things better under control. This doesn't need to be a massive sweeping change or require a lot of action on my part, but something does need to happen to mitigate many of the problems brought to my attention daily.

I think this frames the issue decently, though if this was only about a few people having a problem with only a few people I wouldn't bother with much beyond just removing the necessary elements. There are justified complaints, and if we can resolve some of them, while encouraging discourse that is more productive for a forum of this type, I think we'll all be happier and the value of the content will increase.

I agree with your final sentence. This initiative is about increasing the effectiveness of moderation efforts and reducing the negative elements in the most fair and practical way possible. I'm sure things will evolve as it moves forward, but I'd rather work with Bladerunner and interested member first, before I just start removing members some perceive to be the most problematic.

I don't want to discuss specifics, but there are many issues and many different members brought to my attention every day. The volume of issues I have with from this forum alone, does often become overwhelming and make it difficult for me to resolve some of those reports. For this reason and others, I believe this approach will be helpful. In some time, I think we may be able to better define expectations and then remove/reduce some of the catalysts for these problems.
Debate.org Moderator
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2014 10:30:09 PM

Those who taunt to get attention, then run to scream for help,

This is the very thing that you've claimed to have done, although I personally have no evidence (other than your own claims). As for me, I've never even mentioned that anyone needed to be removed from this forum, with the sole exception of Saint Brad Holkesvig. And the only reason for that was (and is) his own mental health and safety.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
Beastt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2014 10:42:03 PM
At 10/15/2014 10:30:09 PM, annanicole wrote:

This is the very thing that you've claimed to have done, although I personally have no evidence (other than your own claims). As for me, I've never even mentioned that anyone needed to be removed from this forum, with the sole exception of Saint Brad Holkesvig. And the only reason for that was (and is) his own mental health and safety.

I've contacted moderators exactly two times here. Neither time was for the situation you suggest, nor have I EVER claimed that I would do so. I think if you'll think back a bit, you'll remember a time when I was requesting that people please not derail a thread which I started and one member in particular, told me that they didn't care about the intended topic of the thread and to go ahead and report them, that they had no intention of complying with my request.
More recently I've found that there are certain members who simply cannot focus on attempting rational discourse. Even when the argument has been soundly put to bed, they continue to "beat the dead horse" - sometimes for days, and even to the point of following particular users from thread to thread, trying to resurrect their dead points of argument.

In these cases, I've found it best to just ignore them and it has been working well, though I do see one very recent example of an attempt to violate the unspoken truce, through a patently false allegation.
"If we believe absurdities we shall commit atrocities." -- Voltaire
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2014 10:49:16 PM
At 10/15/2014 10:42:03 PM, Beastt wrote:

I've contacted moderators exactly two times here. Neither time was for the situation you suggest, nor have I EVER claimed that I would do so. I think if you'll think back a bit, you'll remember a time when I was requesting that people please not derail a thread which I started and one member in particular, told me that they didn't care about the intended topic of the thread and to go ahead and report them, that they had no intention of complying with my request.

Threads rarely, if ever, stay on topic.

More recently I've found that there are certain members who simply cannot focus on attempting rational discourse. Even when the argument has been soundly put to bed, they continue to "beat the dead horse" - sometimes for days, and even to the point of following particular users from thread to thread, trying to resurrect their dead points of argument.

I'm guessing that the "determiner" of when someone else's argument or questions has been "soundly put to bed" is ..... YOU? That's just a guess, mind you. Same goes for determining what are "dead points."

In these cases, I've found it best to just ignore them and it has been working well, though I do see one very recent example of an attempt to violate the unspoken truce, through a patently false allegation.

I haven't noticed it.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2014 11:19:15 AM
At 10/15/2014 10:21:32 PM, airmax1227 wrote:

I tend to agree and find that the best approach to moderation is the type that no one is aware of because it is very limited or discreet. I intentionally keep myself behind the scenes to the extent that many members of this forum probably had no idea who I was until I began engaging this issue.

With that said, I hope it reflects the extent to which I am now finding this to be a problem that Bladerunner and I are attempting to get things better under control. This doesn't need to be a massive sweeping change or require a lot of action on my part, but something does need to happen to mitigate many of the problems brought to my attention daily.

I think this frames the issue decently, though if this was only about a few people having a problem with only a few people I wouldn't bother with much beyond just removing the necessary elements. There are justified complaints, and if we can resolve some of them, while encouraging discourse that is more productive for a forum of this type, I think we'll all be happier and the value of the content will increase.

I agree with your final sentence. This initiative is about increasing the effectiveness of moderation efforts and reducing the negative elements in the most fair and practical way possible. I'm sure things will evolve as it moves forward, but I'd rather work with Bladerunner and interested member first, before I just start removing members some perceive to be the most problematic.

I don't want to discuss specifics, but there are many issues and many different members brought to my attention every day. The volume of issues I have with from this forum alone, does often become overwhelming and make it difficult for me to resolve some of those reports. For this reason and others, I believe this approach will be helpful. In some time, I think we may be able to better define expectations and then remove/reduce some of the catalysts for these problems.

If I were you, I would send out a message to all forum members that you're not going to moderate any of their complaints so if they don't get a reply from you, then you're off the hook for not replying to them. When you try take on all the problems of the world, you will be one miserable person. This is what is called "burnout" that many leaders ( managers ) go through because they believe they have to solve everyone's problems.

I have hundreds of friends now because of the gospel I preach here in Campbell, CA. I wouldn't get anything accomplished if I had to go solve all their problems for them. I tell them that they will keep having problems in this world until they're dead unless God has planned to remove a few of these problems while they're still here. I tell them to blame everything that happens on God because He's the Creator of everything. This fact usually calms them down and helps them understand that God is in control, not His people.

This forum is the best forum I've been involved in because you do allow "Free Speech" which is very important to everyone in this forum, whether they believe that or not. As soon as you start banning some of the members because of other forum members complaining about them, then you have taken away the freedom to express whatever is in their mind. This becomes a dictatorship by the few who believe they are doing them a favor by eliminating those that don't conform to their rules.

I know that I'm right so if you continue on your journey to try control your forum members with your rules, this forum will eventually die out like most of the other forums I've been in. I've been in forums where there's only a few members left arguing with each other about the same stories they were arguing about when the forum was new. I've been banned from forums where only one member was active and that member disagreed with me and told the moderator to have me banned.

I'm not at all concerned whether or not I'm banned because I've gone through it over a hundred times but my concern is to ALL God's people ( atheists, deists and theists alike ) who are thoroughly confused and fearful of each other. These people need each other and want to share their stories and beliefs. If you make them conform to rules, it will inhibit them from sharing. They will end up as onlookers who won't participate in fear of being banned.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2014 11:36:02 AM

I've been in this forum for over a year without any mental breakdown, Anna. In fact, I've had several members tell Me that they like My presence in this forum. I know that you hate "free speech" because if you had your way, you would have everyone believing that we're living in the next age after your false god, Jesus died on the cross for everyone's sins.
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2014 2:30:33 AM
At 10/16/2014 11:19:15 AM, bornofgod wrote:

If I were you, I would send out a message to all forum members that you're not going to moderate any of their complaints so if they don't get a reply from you, then you're off the hook for not replying to them.

Even if I don't intend to react in the way a member wants me to with regards to their complaint, I still reply to nearly every message that is sent to me that is complaining about something. While I may not take the particular action desired, I like to engage the member about the issue so that they can learn my perspective and so that I may better understand theirs. At the very least if it doesn't result in an action they were hoping for it's important that they understand why things are being done the way they are.

So this isn't something I'm going to do because I don't plan on ignoring anyone or all of their complains. I'll reply to everyone who sends me a message, just as I always have so that I can fully understand, and establish the validity of their complaint.

When you try take on all the problems of the world, you will be one miserable person. This is what is called "burnout" that many leaders ( :managers ) go through because they believe they have to solve everyone's problems.

This is a debate website, and while I take my responsibilities very seriously, I know how to keep things in perspective.

I have hundreds of friends now because of the gospel I preach here in Campbell, CA. I wouldn't get anything accomplished if I had to go solve all their problems for them. I tell them that they will keep having problems in this world until they're dead unless God has planned to remove a few of these problems while they're still here. I tell them to blame everything that happens on God because He's the Creator of everything. This fact usually calms them down and helps them understand that God is in control, not His people.

This forum is the best forum I've been involved in because you do allow "Free Speech" which is very important to everyone in this forum, whether they believe that or not. As soon as you start banning some of the members because of other forum members complaining about them, then you have taken away the freedom to express whatever is in their mind. This becomes a dictatorship by the few who believe they are doing them a favor by eliminating those that don't conform to their rules.

I know that I'm right so if you continue on your journey to try control your forum members with your rules, this forum will eventually die out like most of the other forums I've been in. I've been in forums where there's only a few members left arguing with each other about the same stories they were arguing about when the forum was new. I've been banned from forums where only one member was active and that member disagreed with me and told the moderator to have me banned.

I'm not at all concerned whether or not I'm banned because I've gone through it over a hundred times but my concern is to ALL God's people ( atheists, deists and theists alike ) who are thoroughly confused and fearful of each other. These people need each other and want to share their stories and beliefs. If you make them conform to rules, it will inhibit them from sharing. They will end up as onlookers who won't participate in fear of being banned.

The rest of this post seems to have a fundamental misunderstanding of what is happening here, and it seems to be spawned from your paranoia regarding this initiative.

Since you spent the time to say what you have, I'll say that you are not the specific type of target for this initiative. Regardless of the validity of your claims, or how reasonable they might be, this effort is not about making value judgements on assertions and ideas - but about mitigating personal attacks and general insults that detract from more substantive exchanges. As far as I can tell, you are not necessarily responsible for those types of problems.

However, and I say this reluctantly, there is the issue of my tacit approval of facilitating the continued diminishing mental health of a member, by allowing that member to remain a member. I'm aware of this, it certainly weighs on my conscience, and it's something I have to live with. This is however completely unrelated to this initiative, and this is not the time nor the place for me to be having this particular discussion.
Debate.org Moderator
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2014 8:27:00 AM
At 10/17/2014 2:30:33 AM, airmax1227 wrote:
At 10/16/2014 11:19:15 AM, bornofgod wrote:

If I were you, I would send out a message to all forum members that you're not going to moderate any of their complaints so if they don't get a reply from you, then you're off the hook for not replying to them.

Even if I don't intend to react in the way a member wants me to with regards to their complaint, I still reply to nearly every message that is sent to me that is complaining about something. While I may not take the particular action desired, I like to engage the member about the issue so that they can learn my perspective and so that I may better understand theirs. At the very least if it doesn't result in an action they were hoping for it's important that they understand why things are being done the way they are.

So this isn't something I'm going to do because I don't plan on ignoring anyone or all of their complains. I'll reply to everyone who sends me a message, just as I always have so that I can fully understand, and establish the validity of their complaint.

When you try take on all the problems of the world, you will be one miserable person. This is what is called "burnout" that many leaders ( :managers ) go through because they believe they have to solve everyone's problems.

This is a debate website, and while I take my responsibilities very seriously, I know how to keep things in perspective.

The rest of this post seems to have a fundamental misunderstanding of what is happening here, and it seems to be spawned from your paranoia regarding this initiative.

Since you spent the time to say what you have, I'll say that you are not the specific type of target for this initiative. Regardless of the validity of your claims, or how reasonable they might be, this effort is not about making value judgements on assertions and ideas - but about mitigating personal attacks and general insults that detract from more substantive exchanges. As far as I can tell, you are not necessarily responsible for those types of problems.

However, and I say this reluctantly, there is the issue of my tacit approval of facilitating the continued diminishing mental health of a member, by allowing that member to remain a member. I'm aware of this, it certainly weighs on my conscience, and it's something I have to live with. This is however completely unrelated to this initiative, and this is not the time nor the place for me to be having this particular discussion.

As long as you're the only one running the show, I'm sure this debate forum will run the way it always has. I was sharing my experiences with you to show you what happens with forums that are heavily moderated by more than one moderator who conforms to the older members who are controlling the conversations. Like I said, I've been banned by most every religious forum on the internet for sharing information that some members did