Total Posts:101|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

How To Get To Heaven When You Die

xfrodobagginsx
Posts: 12
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2014 3:43:33 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
ARE YOU 100% SURE THAT IF YOU DIED TODAY THAT YOU WOULD GO TO HEAVEN?

There are some things that you should know:

1. Realize that you are a sinner and in need of a Savior:

Ro 3:23 "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;"

Ro 3:10 "As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:"

This all began with the story of Adam and Eve in the garden of Eden. God created them perfect, there was no death or sorrow. God told them not to eat of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. They disobeyed God and as a result, sin entered into the world. The pain which this world sees is the result of sin.

2. Because of our sins, we die both spiritually and physically, but God sent His Son to die so that you can have a chance not to have to go to hell by accepting what He did on the cross for you:

Ro 6:23 "For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord."

Ro 5:8 "But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. for us."

Every person who has ever lived is a sinner and is not righteous because we do bad things. A sin is a crime against God, just as if you steal something at the store, it is punishable by going to jail. It's the same thing with sin. Even if we lie one time, the punishment is hell, which is a prison for those who commit crimes against God. That"s because you must be perfect in order to get to heaven. No matter how well you live your life from then on, you have already committed a sin which will be punished if you are not pardoned. If you commit a crime, and then live as a good citizen you still will go to jail for the crime you committed. Right? Just as the president can pardon a crime so you won't go to jail, Jesus can pardon your sins so that you do not go to hell, and can go to heaven when you die.

3. If you will Admit to Jesus Christ that you are a sinner and in need of a Savior, Believe in your heart that He died on the cross and rose from the dead and Accept Him as your Lord and Savior and you will be forgiven and taken to heaven to be with Him when you die.

Joh 1:12 "But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name"

Ro 10:9,10 "that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.."

You cannot get to heaven by being a good person, going to church, baptism or any other way other than by turning to Jesus, believing in your heart that He died on the cross and rose from the dead for your sins and placing your trust in Him. While these are good things to do, some people believe that they will get to heaven if they do these things, but the bible says that there is only one way to heaven and that is through receiving what Jesus Christ did on the cross for you.

Will you do that today? If you will, you can be 100% sure that you will go to heaven when you die.

DO YOU BELIEVE THAT JESUS CHRIST DIED ON THE CROSS AND ROSE FROM THE DEAD FOR YOUR SINS?

ARE YOU WILLING TO TURN TO JESUS CHRIST FOR SALVATION?

4. If you are willing to accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior you could pray something like this to God from your heart:

"Dear Lord Jesus, I believe that You died on the Cross and Rose from the dead for my sins. I ask you to come into my heart and forgive me for my sins, save me, take me to be with You when I die. I now receive You as my Lord and Savior. Thank You for saving me. In Jesus holy name, Amen."

If you have placed your faith in Jesus Christ, believing that He died on the cross and rose from the dead for your sins, you are now a child of God and will go to heaven.

Now that you are on your way to heaven, you should attend a bible believing church and follow in baptism.
SNP1
Posts: 2,403
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2014 5:02:27 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/14/2014 3:43:33 PM, xfrodobagginsx wrote:

I am all for theists coming onto this site, but you honestly need to come here to DEBATE and DISCUSS topics, not to preach.
#TheApatheticNihilistPartyofAmerica
#WarOnDDO
xfrodobagginsx
Posts: 12
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2014 8:56:00 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/14/2014 5:02:27 PM, SNP1 wrote:
At 10/14/2014 3:43:33 PM, xfrodobagginsx wrote:

I am all for theists coming onto this site, but you honestly need to come here to DEBATE and DISCUSS topics, not to preach.

I have come to explain how Jesus is the only way of salvation, debate those who disagree and explain why. So, do you agree or disagree with what I have posted and why?
Beastt
Posts: 5,135
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2014 9:10:16 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
HOW TO BAKE CINNAMON ROLLS WHEN YOU DIE!

Just store flour, cinnamon, sugar, baking powder, vegetable oil, shortening, and a printed copy of this text in a bag, and as you're dying, think "cinnamon rolls", and you'll have an endless supply of cinnamon rolls to eat during your eternity in heaven. And if you don't go to Heaven, you'll end up eating crispy sticky-buns.

REALLY! You HAVE to believe me... just because I said so.
"If we believe absurdities we shall commit atrocities." -- Voltaire
bornofgod
Posts: 11,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2014 10:40:40 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/14/2014 3:43:33 PM, xfrodobagginsx wrote:
ARE YOU 100% SURE THAT IF YOU DIED TODAY THAT YOU WOULD GO TO HEAVEN?

There are some things that you should know:

1. Realize that you are a sinner and in need of a Savior:

Ro 3:23 "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;"

Ro 3:10 "As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:"

This all began with the story of Adam and Eve in the garden of Eden. God created them perfect, there was no death or sorrow. God told them not to eat of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. They disobeyed God and as a result, sin entered into the world. The pain which this world sees is the result of sin.

2. Because of our sins, we die both spiritually and physically, but God sent His Son to die so that you can have a chance not to have to go to hell by accepting what He did on the cross for you:

Ro 6:23 "For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord."

Ro 5:8 "But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. for us."

Every person who has ever lived is a sinner and is not righteous because we do bad things. A sin is a crime against God, just as if you steal something at the store, it is punishable by going to jail. It's the same thing with sin. Even if we lie one time, the punishment is hell, which is a prison for those who commit crimes against God. That"s because you must be perfect in order to get to heaven. No matter how well you live your life from then on, you have already committed a sin which will be punished if you are not pardoned. If you commit a crime, and then live as a good citizen you still will go to jail for the crime you committed. Right? Just as the president can pardon a crime so you won't go to jail, Jesus can pardon your sins so that you do not go to hell, and can go to heaven when you die.

3. If you will Admit to Jesus Christ that you are a sinner and in need of a Savior, Believe in your heart that He died on the cross and rose from the dead and Accept Him as your Lord and Savior and you will be forgiven and taken to heaven to be with Him when you die.

Joh 1:12 "But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name"

Ro 10:9,10 "that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.."

You cannot get to heaven by being a good person, going to church, baptism or any other way other than by turning to Jesus, believing in your heart that He died on the cross and rose from the dead for your sins and placing your trust in Him. While these are good things to do, some people believe that they will get to heaven if they do these things, but the bible says that there is only one way to heaven and that is through receiving what Jesus Christ did on the cross for you.

Will you do that today? If you will, you can be 100% sure that you will go to heaven when you die.

DO YOU BELIEVE THAT JESUS CHRIST DIED ON THE CROSS AND ROSE FROM THE DEAD FOR YOUR SINS?

ARE YOU WILLING TO TURN TO JESUS CHRIST FOR SALVATION?

4. If you are willing to accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior you could pray something like this to God from your heart:

"Dear Lord Jesus, I believe that You died on the Cross and Rose from the dead for my sins. I ask you to come into my heart and forgive me for my sins, save me, take me to be with You when I die. I now receive You as my Lord and Savior. Thank You for saving me. In Jesus holy name, Amen."

If you have placed your faith in Jesus Christ, believing that He died on the cross and rose from the dead for your sins, you are now a child of God and will go to heaven.

Now that you are on your way to heaven, you should attend a bible believing church and follow in baptism.

Since we were created in the mind of God ( Heaven ) we have no choice but to remain in Heaven once we die in this make-believe world. It's a good thing our invisible Creator made a New Earth ( make-believe world ) for us to live in after we die in this world, otherwise we wouldn't know we exist.
SNP1
Posts: 2,403
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2014 9:30:41 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/14/2014 8:56:00 PM, xfrodobagginsx wrote:
At 10/14/2014 5:02:27 PM, SNP1 wrote:
At 10/14/2014 3:43:33 PM, xfrodobagginsx wrote:

I am all for theists coming onto this site, but you honestly need to come here to DEBATE and DISCUSS topics, not to preach.

I have come to explain how Jesus is the only way of salvation, debate those who disagree and explain why. So, do you agree or disagree with what I have posted and why?

Debate implies an open mind. You have just admitted by saying "debate those who disagree AND EXPLAIN WHY." that you do not have this open mind.

Now, do I agree with what you have to say? No. You make too many unsupported assumptions.
1) You assume there is an afterlife.
2) You assume there is a god.
3) You assume Christianity is correct.
4) You assume the Bible is correct.
5) You assume that the Bible is literal.
6) You assume there is a historical Jesus (I will let this one slide though).
7) You assume that (if there is a historical Jesus) Jesus was as portrayed in the Gospels.

7 unsupported assumptions. I see no reason to take such a claim seriously.
#TheApatheticNihilistPartyofAmerica
#WarOnDDO
bornofgod
Posts: 11,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2014 10:21:34 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/15/2014 9:30:41 AM, SNP1 wrote:
At 10/14/2014 8:56:00 PM, xfrodobagginsx wrote:
At 10/14/2014 5:02:27 PM, SNP1 wrote:
At 10/14/2014 3:43:33 PM, xfrodobagginsx wrote:

I am all for theists coming onto this site, but you honestly need to come here to DEBATE and DISCUSS topics, not to preach.

I have come to explain how Jesus is the only way of salvation, debate those who disagree and explain why. So, do you agree or disagree with what I have posted and why?

Debate implies an open mind. You have just admitted by saying "debate those who disagree AND EXPLAIN WHY." that you do not have this open mind.

Now, do I agree with what you have to say? No. You make too many unsupported assumptions.
1) You assume there is an afterlife.
2) You assume there is a god.
3) You assume Christianity is correct.
4) You assume the Bible is correct.
5) You assume that the Bible is literal.
6) You assume there is a historical Jesus (I will let this one slide though).
7) You assume that (if there is a historical Jesus) Jesus was as portrayed in the Gospels.

7 unsupported assumptions. I see no reason to take such a claim seriously.

Is your mind opened up enough to believe that life experiences are only dreams made up by our invisible Creator?

Are you open minded to believe that there's no such thing as matter and that time and space can only be observed as illusions?

Does your mind accept the fact that your only information being processed into illusions that make you believe your real?

If you can't accept these ideas, then your mind isn't anymore open than a deceived religious person.
SNP1
Posts: 2,403
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2014 11:50:46 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/15/2014 10:21:34 AM, bornofgod wrote:
At 10/15/2014 9:30:41 AM, SNP1 wrote:
At 10/14/2014 8:56:00 PM, xfrodobagginsx wrote:
At 10/14/2014 5:02:27 PM, SNP1 wrote:
At 10/14/2014 3:43:33 PM, xfrodobagginsx wrote:

I am all for theists coming onto this site, but you honestly need to come here to DEBATE and DISCUSS topics, not to preach.

I have come to explain how Jesus is the only way of salvation, debate those who disagree and explain why. So, do you agree or disagree with what I have posted and why?

Debate implies an open mind. You have just admitted by saying "debate those who disagree AND EXPLAIN WHY." that you do not have this open mind.

Now, do I agree with what you have to say? No. You make too many unsupported assumptions.
1) You assume there is an afterlife.
2) You assume there is a god.
3) You assume Christianity is correct.
4) You assume the Bible is correct.
5) You assume that the Bible is literal.
6) You assume there is a historical Jesus (I will let this one slide though).
7) You assume that (if there is a historical Jesus) Jesus was as portrayed in the Gospels.

7 unsupported assumptions. I see no reason to take such a claim seriously.

Is your mind opened up enough to believe that life experiences are only dreams made up by our invisible Creator?

Are you open minded to believe that there's no such thing as matter and that time and space can only be observed as illusions?

Does your mind accept the fact that your only information being processed into illusions that make you believe your real?

If you can't accept these ideas, then your mind isn't anymore open than a deceived religious person.

I am open minded, but not so open minded that my brain falls out. So, no, I do not believe what you claim because you have no evidence.
#TheApatheticNihilistPartyofAmerica
#WarOnDDO
xfrodobagginsx
Posts: 12
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2014 7:44:43 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/14/2014 10:40:40 PM, bornofgod wrote:
At 10/14/2014 3:43:33 PM, xfrodobagginsx wrote:
ARE YOU 100% SURE THAT IF YOU DIED TODAY THAT YOU WOULD GO TO HEAVEN?

There are some things that you should know:

1. Realize that you are a sinner and in need of a Savior:

Ro 3:23 "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;"

Ro 3:10 "As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:"

This all began with the story of Adam and Eve in the garden of Eden. God created them perfect, there was no death or sorrow. God told them not to eat of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. They disobeyed God and as a result, sin entered into the world. The pain which this world sees is the result of sin.

2. Because of our sins, we die both spiritually and physically, but God sent His Son to die so that you can have a chance not to have to go to hell by accepting what He did on the cross for you:

Ro 6:23 "For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord."

Ro 5:8 "But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. for us."

Every person who has ever lived is a sinner and is not righteous because we do bad things. A sin is a crime against God, just as if you steal something at the store, it is punishable by going to jail. It's the same thing with sin. Even if we lie one time, the punishment is hell, which is a prison for those who commit crimes against God. That"s because you must be perfect in order to get to heaven. No matter how well you live your life from then on, you have already committed a sin which will be punished if you are not pardoned. If you commit a crime, and then live as a good citizen you still will go to jail for the crime you committed. Right? Just as the president can pardon a crime so you won't go to jail, Jesus can pardon your sins so that you do not go to hell, and can go to heaven when you die.

3. If you will Admit to Jesus Christ that you are a sinner and in need of a Savior, Believe in your heart that He died on the cross and rose from the dead and Accept Him as your Lord and Savior and you will be forgiven and taken to heaven to be with Him when you die.

Joh 1:12 "But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name"

Ro 10:9,10 "that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.."

You cannot get to heaven by being a good person, going to church, baptism or any other way other than by turning to Jesus, believing in your heart that He died on the cross and rose from the dead for your sins and placing your trust in Him. While these are good things to do, some people believe that they will get to heaven if they do these things, but the bible says that there is only one way to heaven and that is through receiving what Jesus Christ did on the cross for you.

Will you do that today? If you will, you can be 100% sure that you will go to heaven when you die.

DO YOU BELIEVE THAT JESUS CHRIST DIED ON THE CROSS AND ROSE FROM THE DEAD FOR YOUR SINS?

ARE YOU WILLING TO TURN TO JESUS CHRIST FOR SALVATION?

4. If you are willing to accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior you could pray something like this to God from your heart:

"Dear Lord Jesus, I believe that You died on the Cross and Rose from the dead for my sins. I ask you to come into my heart and forgive me for my sins, save me, take me to be with You when I die. I now receive You as my Lord and Savior. Thank You for saving me. In Jesus holy name, Amen."

If you have placed your faith in Jesus Christ, believing that He died on the cross and rose from the dead for your sins, you are now a child of God and will go to heaven.

Now that you are on your way to heaven, you should attend a bible believing church and follow in baptism.

Since we were created in the mind of God ( Heaven ) we have no choice but to remain in Heaven once we die in this make-believe world. It's a good thing our invisible Creator made a New Earth ( make-believe world ) for us to live in after we die in this world, otherwise we wouldn't know we exist.

The problem is that this isn't what the Creator says will happen if you reject Him. He also doesn't say that we were created in the mind of God, He said that He created man in His image.
xfrodobagginsx
Posts: 12
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2014 7:46:31 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/15/2014 9:30:41 AM, SNP1 wrote:
At 10/14/2014 8:56:00 PM, xfrodobagginsx wrote:
At 10/14/2014 5:02:27 PM, SNP1 wrote:
At 10/14/2014 3:43:33 PM, xfrodobagginsx wrote:

I am all for theists coming onto this site, but you honestly need to come here to DEBATE and DISCUSS topics, not to preach.

I have come to explain how Jesus is the only way of salvation, debate those who disagree and explain why. So, do you agree or disagree with what I have posted and why?

Debate implies an open mind. You have just admitted by saying "debate those who disagree AND EXPLAIN WHY." that you do not have this open mind.

Now, do I agree with what you have to say? No. You make too many unsupported assumptions.
1) You assume there is an afterlife.
2) You assume there is a god.
3) You assume Christianity is correct.
4) You assume the Bible is correct.
5) You assume that the Bible is literal.
6) You assume there is a historical Jesus (I will let this one slide though).
7) You assume that (if there is a historical Jesus) Jesus was as portrayed in the Gospels.

7 unsupported assumptions. I see no reason to take such a claim seriously.

These are not assumptions based on blind faith. These are logical conclusions I have based on evidence, but my faith in God is not dependent on it. I must admit that.
Beastt
Posts: 5,135
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2014 7:48:35 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/15/2014 7:46:31 PM, xfrodobagginsx wrote:
At 10/15/2014 9:30:41 AM, SNP1 wrote:
At 10/14/2014 8:56:00 PM, xfrodobagginsx wrote:
At 10/14/2014 5:02:27 PM, SNP1 wrote:
At 10/14/2014 3:43:33 PM, xfrodobagginsx wrote:

I am all for theists coming onto this site, but you honestly need to come here to DEBATE and DISCUSS topics, not to preach.

I have come to explain how Jesus is the only way of salvation, debate those who disagree and explain why. So, do you agree or disagree with what I have posted and why?

Debate implies an open mind. You have just admitted by saying "debate those who disagree AND EXPLAIN WHY." that you do not have this open mind.

Now, do I agree with what you have to say? No. You make too many unsupported assumptions.
1) You assume there is an afterlife.
2) You assume there is a god.
3) You assume Christianity is correct.
4) You assume the Bible is correct.
5) You assume that the Bible is literal.
6) You assume there is a historical Jesus (I will let this one slide though).
7) You assume that (if there is a historical Jesus) Jesus was as portrayed in the Gospels.

7 unsupported assumptions. I see no reason to take such a claim seriously.

These are not assumptions based on blind faith. These are logical conclusions I have based on evidence, but my faith in God is not dependent on it. I must admit that.

Provide the evidence and logic which supports these conclusions.
"If we believe absurdities we shall commit atrocities." -- Voltaire
xfrodobagginsx
Posts: 12
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2014 7:49:14 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/15/2014 10:21:34 AM, bornofgod wrote:
At 10/15/2014 9:30:41 AM, SNP1 wrote:
At 10/14/2014 8:56:00 PM, xfrodobagginsx wrote:
At 10/14/2014 5:02:27 PM, SNP1 wrote:
At 10/14/2014 3:43:33 PM, xfrodobagginsx wrote:

I am all for theists coming onto this site, but you honestly need to come here to DEBATE and DISCUSS topics, not to preach.

I have come to explain how Jesus is the only way of salvation, debate those who disagree and explain why. So, do you agree or disagree with what I have posted and why?

Debate implies an open mind. You have just admitted by saying "debate those who disagree AND EXPLAIN WHY." that you do not have this open mind.

Now, do I agree with what you have to say? No. You make too many unsupported assumptions.
1) You assume there is an afterlife.
2) You assume there is a god.
3) You assume Christianity is correct.
4) You assume the Bible is correct.
5) You assume that the Bible is literal.
6) You assume there is a historical Jesus (I will let this one slide though).
7) You assume that (if there is a historical Jesus) Jesus was as portrayed in the Gospels.

7 unsupported assumptions. I see no reason to take such a claim seriously.

Is your mind opened up enough to believe that life experiences are only dreams made up by our invisible Creator?

Are you open minded to believe that there's no such thing as matter and that time and space can only be observed as illusions?

Does your mind accept the fact that your only information being processed into illusions that make you believe your real?

If you can't accept these ideas, then your mind isn't anymore open than a deceived religious person.

When you ask me if my mind is open it sounds as if what you are saying is that if I don't change my position than I am the one who is closed minded. Are you closed minded if you don't believe what the Bible says? Does your mind accept the fact that God created everything that exists?
Beastt
Posts: 5,135
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2014 7:54:26 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/15/2014 7:49:14 PM, xfrodobagginsx wrote:
At 10/15/2014 10:21:34 AM, bornofgod wrote:
At 10/15/2014 9:30:41 AM, SNP1 wrote:
At 10/14/2014 8:56:00 PM, xfrodobagginsx wrote:
At 10/14/2014 5:02:27 PM, SNP1 wrote:
At 10/14/2014 3:43:33 PM, xfrodobagginsx wrote:

I am all for theists coming onto this site, but you honestly need to come here to DEBATE and DISCUSS topics, not to preach.

I have come to explain how Jesus is the only way of salvation, debate those who disagree and explain why. So, do you agree or disagree with what I have posted and why?

Debate implies an open mind. You have just admitted by saying "debate those who disagree AND EXPLAIN WHY." that you do not have this open mind.

Now, do I agree with what you have to say? No. You make too many unsupported assumptions.
1) You assume there is an afterlife.
2) You assume there is a god.
3) You assume Christianity is correct.
4) You assume the Bible is correct.
5) You assume that the Bible is literal.
6) You assume there is a historical Jesus (I will let this one slide though).
7) You assume that (if there is a historical Jesus) Jesus was as portrayed in the Gospels.

7 unsupported assumptions. I see no reason to take such a claim seriously.

Is your mind opened up enough to believe that life experiences are only dreams made up by our invisible Creator?

Are you open minded to believe that there's no such thing as matter and that time and space can only be observed as illusions?

Does your mind accept the fact that your only information being processed into illusions that make you believe your real?

If you can't accept these ideas, then your mind isn't anymore open than a deceived religious person.

When you ask me if my mind is open it sounds as if what you are saying is that if I don't change my position than I am the one who is closed minded. Are you closed minded if you don't believe what the Bible says? Does your mind accept the fact that God created everything that exists?

"Open-minded" means the ability to accept the conclusion most strongly supported by the evidence. Religious "faith" is the opposite; it's the ability to reject conclusions with superior support in evidence. "Faith" is proclaimed loyalty to closed-mindedness.
"If we believe absurdities we shall commit atrocities." -- Voltaire
bornofgod
Posts: 11,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2014 9:00:04 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/15/2014 11:50:46 AM, SNP1 wrote:
At 10/15/2014 10:21:34 AM, bornofgod wrote:
At 10/15/2014 9:30:41 AM, SNP1 wrote:
At 10/14/2014 8:56:00 PM, xfrodobagginsx wrote:
At 10/14/2014 5:02:27 PM, SNP1 wrote:
At 10/14/2014 3:43:33 PM, xfrodobagginsx wrote:

I am all for theists coming onto this site, but you honestly need to come here to DEBATE and DISCUSS topics, not to preach.

I have come to explain how Jesus is the only way of salvation, debate those who disagree and explain why. So, do you agree or disagree with what I have posted and why?

Debate implies an open mind. You have just admitted by saying "debate those who disagree AND EXPLAIN WHY." that you do not have this open mind.

Now, do I agree with what you have to say? No. You make too many unsupported assumptions.
1) You assume there is an afterlife.
2) You assume there is a god.
3) You assume Christianity is correct.
4) You assume the Bible is correct.
5) You assume that the Bible is literal.
6) You assume there is a historical Jesus (I will let this one slide though).
7) You assume that (if there is a historical Jesus) Jesus was as portrayed in the Gospels.

7 unsupported assumptions. I see no reason to take such a claim seriously.

Is your mind opened up enough to believe that life experiences are only dreams made up by our invisible Creator?

Are you open minded to believe that there's no such thing as matter and that time and space can only be observed as illusions?

Does your mind accept the fact that your only information being processed into illusions that make you believe your real?

If you can't accept these ideas, then your mind isn't anymore open than a deceived religious person.

I am open minded, but not so open minded that my brain falls out. So, no, I do not believe what you claim because you have no evidence.

Open minded people take in all information without judging whether it's true or not.
bornofgod
Posts: 11,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2014 9:01:43 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/15/2014 7:44:43 PM, xfrodobagginsx wrote:
At 10/14/2014 10:40:40 PM, bornofgod wrote:
At 10/14/2014 3:43:33 PM, xfrodobagginsx wrote:
ARE YOU 100% SURE THAT IF YOU DIED TODAY THAT YOU WOULD GO TO HEAVEN?

There are some things that you should know:

1. Realize that you are a sinner and in need of a Savior:

Ro 3:23 "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;"

Ro 3:10 "As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:"

This all began with the story of Adam and Eve in the garden of Eden. God created them perfect, there was no death or sorrow. God told them not to eat of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. They disobeyed God and as a result, sin entered into the world. The pain which this world sees is the result of sin.

2. Because of our sins, we die both spiritually and physically, but God sent His Son to die so that you can have a chance not to have to go to hell by accepting what He did on the cross for you:

Ro 6:23 "For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord."

Ro 5:8 "But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. for us."

Every person who has ever lived is a sinner and is not righteous because we do bad things. A sin is a crime against God, just as if you steal something at the store, it is punishable by going to jail. It's the same thing with sin. Even if we lie one time, the punishment is hell, which is a prison for those who commit crimes against God. That"s because you must be perfect in order to get to heaven. No matter how well you live your life from then on, you have already committed a sin which will be punished if you are not pardoned. If you commit a crime, and then live as a good citizen you still will go to jail for the crime you committed. Right? Just as the president can pardon a crime so you won't go to jail, Jesus can pardon your sins so that you do not go to hell, and can go to heaven when you die.

3. If you will Admit to Jesus Christ that you are a sinner and in need of a Savior, Believe in your heart that He died on the cross and rose from the dead and Accept Him as your Lord and Savior and you will be forgiven and taken to heaven to be with Him when you die.

Joh 1:12 "But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name"

Ro 10:9,10 "that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.."

You cannot get to heaven by being a good person, going to church, baptism or any other way other than by turning to Jesus, believing in your heart that He died on the cross and rose from the dead for your sins and placing your trust in Him. While these are good things to do, some people believe that they will get to heaven if they do these things, but the bible says that there is only one way to heaven and that is through receiving what Jesus Christ did on the cross for you.

Will you do that today? If you will, you can be 100% sure that you will go to heaven when you die.

DO YOU BELIEVE THAT JESUS CHRIST DIED ON THE CROSS AND ROSE FROM THE DEAD FOR YOUR SINS?

ARE YOU WILLING TO TURN TO JESUS CHRIST FOR SALVATION?

4. If you are willing to accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior you could pray something like this to God from your heart:

"Dear Lord Jesus, I believe that You died on the Cross and Rose from the dead for my sins. I ask you to come into my heart and forgive me for my sins, save me, take me to be with You when I die. I now receive You as my Lord and Savior. Thank You for saving me. In Jesus holy name, Amen."

If you have placed your faith in Jesus Christ, believing that He died on the cross and rose from the dead for your sins, you are now a child of God and will go to heaven.

Now that you are on your way to heaven, you should attend a bible believing church and follow in baptism.

Since we were created in the mind of God ( Heaven ) we have no choice but to remain in Heaven once we die in this make-believe world. It's a good thing our invisible Creator made a New Earth ( make-believe world ) for us to live in after we die in this world, otherwise we wouldn't know we exist.

The problem is that this isn't what the Creator says will happen if you reject Him. He also doesn't say that we were created in the mind of God, He said that He created man in His image.

His image is invisible so we are invisible, also, but as information ( His thoughts ).
bornofgod
Posts: 11,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2014 9:03:29 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/15/2014 7:49:14 PM, xfrodobagginsx wrote:
At 10/15/2014 10:21:34 AM, bornofgod wrote:
At 10/15/2014 9:30:41 AM, SNP1 wrote:
At 10/14/2014 8:56:00 PM, xfrodobagginsx wrote:
At 10/14/2014 5:02:27 PM, SNP1 wrote:
At 10/14/2014 3:43:33 PM, xfrodobagginsx wrote:

I am all for theists coming onto this site, but you honestly need to come here to DEBATE and DISCUSS topics, not to preach.

I have come to explain how Jesus is the only way of salvation, debate those who disagree and explain why. So, do you agree or disagree with what I have posted and why?

Debate implies an open mind. You have just admitted by saying "debate those who disagree AND EXPLAIN WHY." that you do not have this open mind.

Now, do I agree with what you have to say? No. You make too many unsupported assumptions.
1) You assume there is an afterlife.
2) You assume there is a god.
3) You assume Christianity is correct.
4) You assume the Bible is correct.
5) You assume that the Bible is literal.
6) You assume there is a historical Jesus (I will let this one slide though).
7) You assume that (if there is a historical Jesus) Jesus was as portrayed in the Gospels.

7 unsupported assumptions. I see no reason to take such a claim seriously.

Is your mind opened up enough to believe that life experiences are only dreams made up by our invisible Creator?

Are you open minded to believe that there's no such thing as matter and that time and space can only be observed as illusions?

Does your mind accept the fact that your only information being processed into illusions that make you believe your real?

If you can't accept these ideas, then your mind isn't anymore open than a deceived religious person.

When you ask me if my mind is open it sounds as if what you are saying is that if I don't change my position than I am the one who is closed minded. Are you closed minded if you don't believe what the Bible says? Does your mind accept the fact that God created everything that exists?

I am the mind of God so I accept everything as HIs.
VelCrow
Posts: 1,273
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2014 9:11:00 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/15/2014 7:44:43 PM, xfrodobagginsx wrote:
At 10/14/2014 10:40:40 PM, bornofgod wrote:
At 10/14/2014 3:43:33 PM, xfrodobagginsx wrote:
ARE YOU 100% SURE THAT IF YOU DIED TODAY THAT YOU WOULD GO TO HEAVEN?

There are some things that you should know:

1. Realize that you are a sinner and in need of a Savior:

Ro 3:23 "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;"

Ro 3:10 "As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:"

This all began with the story of Adam and Eve in the garden of Eden. God created them perfect, there was no death or sorrow. God told them not to eat of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. They disobeyed God and as a result, sin entered into the world. The pain which this world sees is the result of sin.

2. Because of our sins, we die both spiritually and physically, but God sent His Son to die so that you can have a chance not to have to go to hell by accepting what He did on the cross for you:

Ro 6:23 "For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord."

Ro 5:8 "But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. for us."

Every person who has ever lived is a sinner and is not righteous because we do bad things. A sin is a crime against God, just as if you steal something at the store, it is punishable by going to jail. It's the same thing with sin. Even if we lie one time, the punishment is hell, which is a prison for those who commit crimes against God. That"s because you must be perfect in order to get to heaven. No matter how well you live your life from then on, you have already committed a sin which will be punished if you are not pardoned. If you commit a crime, and then live as a good citizen you still will go to jail for the crime you committed. Right? Just as the president can pardon a crime so you won't go to jail, Jesus can pardon your sins so that you do not go to hell, and can go to heaven when you die.

3. If you will Admit to Jesus Christ that you are a sinner and in need of a Savior, Believe in your heart that He died on the cross and rose from the dead and Accept Him as your Lord and Savior and you will be forgiven and taken to heaven to be with Him when you die.

Joh 1:12 "But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name"

Ro 10:9,10 "that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.."

You cannot get to heaven by being a good person, going to church, baptism or any other way other than by turning to Jesus, believing in your heart that He died on the cross and rose from the dead for your sins and placing your trust in Him. While these are good things to do, some people believe that they will get to heaven if they do these things, but the bible says that there is only one way to heaven and that is through receiving what Jesus Christ did on the cross for you.

Will you do that today? If you will, you can be 100% sure that you will go to heaven when you die.

DO YOU BELIEVE THAT JESUS CHRIST DIED ON THE CROSS AND ROSE FROM THE DEAD FOR YOUR SINS?

ARE YOU WILLING TO TURN TO JESUS CHRIST FOR SALVATION?

4. If you are willing to accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior you could pray something like this to God from your heart:

"Dear Lord Jesus, I believe that You died on the Cross and Rose from the dead for my sins. I ask you to come into my heart and forgive me for my sins, save me, take me to be with You when I die. I now receive You as my Lord and Savior. Thank You for saving me. In Jesus holy name, Amen."

If you have placed your faith in Jesus Christ, believing that He died on the cross and rose from the dead for your sins, you are now a child of God and will go to heaven.

Now that you are on your way to heaven, you should attend a bible believing church and follow in baptism.

Since we were created in the mind of God ( Heaven ) we have no choice but to remain in Heaven once we die in this make-believe world. It's a good thing our invisible Creator made a New Earth ( make-believe world ) for us to live in after we die in this world, otherwise we wouldn't know we exist.

The problem is that this isn't what the Creator says will happen if you reject Him. He also doesn't say that we were created in the mind of God, He said that He created man in His image.

Original text
Then God said, "Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals, and over all the creatures that move along the ground."

note that God said "let US make mankind in OUR image, in OUR likeness.."
Doesn't that imply many gods?

http://biblehub.com...
"Ah....So when god "Taught you" online, did he have a user name like "Darthmaulrules1337", and did he talk in all caps?" ~ Axonly

http://www.debate.org...
annanicole
Posts: 19,782
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2014 10:34:23 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/14/2014 5:02:27 PM, SNP1 wrote:
At 10/14/2014 3:43:33 PM, xfrodobagginsx wrote:

I am all for theists coming onto this site,

I'd hope so. Who else would be on a religion forum site?
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
SNP1
Posts: 2,403
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2014 10:05:25 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/15/2014 7:46:31 PM, xfrodobagginsx wrote:
At 10/15/2014 9:30:41 AM, SNP1 wrote:
At 10/14/2014 8:56:00 PM, xfrodobagginsx wrote:
At 10/14/2014 5:02:27 PM, SNP1 wrote:
At 10/14/2014 3:43:33 PM, xfrodobagginsx wrote:

I am all for theists coming onto this site, but you honestly need to come here to DEBATE and DISCUSS topics, not to preach.

I have come to explain how Jesus is the only way of salvation, debate those who disagree and explain why. So, do you agree or disagree with what I have posted and why?

Debate implies an open mind. You have just admitted by saying "debate those who disagree AND EXPLAIN WHY." that you do not have this open mind.

Now, do I agree with what you have to say? No. You make too many unsupported assumptions.
1) You assume there is an afterlife.
2) You assume there is a god.
3) You assume Christianity is correct.
4) You assume the Bible is correct.
5) You assume that the Bible is literal.
6) You assume there is a historical Jesus (I will let this one slide though).
7) You assume that (if there is a historical Jesus) Jesus was as portrayed in the Gospels.

7 unsupported assumptions. I see no reason to take such a claim seriously.

These are not assumptions based on blind faith. These are logical conclusions I have based on evidence, but my faith in God is not dependent on it. I must admit that.

Can you please share how you reach each "logical" conclusion? But, before that, I recommend looking at previous debates, earlier threads, etc. I would be surprised if you have a new argument that has not already been addressed.
#TheApatheticNihilistPartyofAmerica
#WarOnDDO
12_13
Posts: 1,361
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2014 2:12:36 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/14/2014 3:43:33 PM, xfrodobagginsx wrote:
...you are now a child of God and will go to heaven.

And I would like to add this so that people could know how to recognize child of God:

He who does righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous. He who sins is of the devil, for the devil has been sinning from the beginning. To this end the Son of God was revealed, that he might destroy the works of the devil. Whoever is born of God doesn't commit sin, because his seed remains in him; and he can't sin, because he is born of God. In this the children of God are revealed, and the children of the devil. Whoever doesn't do righteousness is not of God, neither is he who doesn't love his brother.
1 John 3:7-10

These will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.
Mat. 25:46
ChristianPunk
Posts: 1,710
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2014 4:20:36 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/14/2014 3:43:33 PM, xfrodobagginsx wrote:
ARE YOU 100% SURE THAT IF YOU DIED TODAY THAT YOU WOULD GO TO HEAVEN?

There are some things that you should know:

1. Realize that you are a sinner and in need of a Savior:

Ro 3:23 "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;"

Ro 3:10 "As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:"

This all began with the story of Adam and Eve in the garden of Eden. God created them perfect, there was no death or sorrow. God told them not to eat of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. They disobeyed God and as a result, sin entered into the world. The pain which this world sees is the result of sin.

2. Because of our sins, we die both spiritually and physically, but God sent His Son to die so that you can have a chance not to have to go to hell by accepting what He did on the cross for you:

Ro 6:23 "For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord."

Ro 5:8 "But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. for us."

Every person who has ever lived is a sinner and is not righteous because we do bad things. A sin is a crime against God, just as if you steal something at the store, it is punishable by going to jail. It's the same thing with sin. Even if we lie one time, the punishment is hell, which is a prison for those who commit crimes against God. That"s because you must be perfect in order to get to heaven. No matter how well you live your life from then on, you have already committed a sin which will be punished if you are not pardoned. If you commit a crime, and then live as a good citizen you still will go to jail for the crime you committed. Right? Just as the president can pardon a crime so you won't go to jail, Jesus can pardon your sins so that you do not go to hell, and can go to heaven when you die.

3. If you will Admit to Jesus Christ that you are a sinner and in need of a Savior, Believe in your heart that He died on the cross and rose from the dead and Accept Him as your Lord and Savior and you will be forgiven and taken to heaven to be with Him when you die.

Joh 1:12 "But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name"

Ro 10:9,10 "that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.."

You cannot get to heaven by being a good person, going to church, baptism or any other way other than by turning to Jesus, believing in your heart that He died on the cross and rose from the dead for your sins and placing your trust in Him. While these are good things to do, some people believe that they will get to heaven if they do these things, but the bible says that there is only one way to heaven and that is through receiving what Jesus Christ did on the cross for you.

Will you do that today? If you will, you can be 100% sure that you will go to heaven when you die.

DO YOU BELIEVE THAT JESUS CHRIST DIED ON THE CROSS AND ROSE FROM THE DEAD FOR YOUR SINS?

ARE YOU WILLING TO TURN TO JESUS CHRIST FOR SALVATION?

4. If you are willing to accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior you could pray something like this to God from your heart:

"Dear Lord Jesus, I believe that You died on the Cross and Rose from the dead for my sins. I ask you to come into my heart and forgive me for my sins, save me, take me to be with You when I die. I now receive You as my Lord and Savior. Thank You for saving me. In Jesus holy name, Amen."

If you have placed your faith in Jesus Christ, believing that He died on the cross and rose from the dead for your sins, you are now a child of God and will go to heaven.

Now that you are on your way to heaven, you should attend a bible believing church and follow in baptism.

I followed a church, but they condemned people and followed the way of the hypocrites. So I left and read the bible on my own. Like any Christian with a sense of individuality and knowledge would do compared to brainwashed sheep of the corrupt sheep herder.
xfrodobagginsx
Posts: 12
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2014 12:23:39 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/15/2014 7:54:26 PM, Beastt wrote:
At 10/15/2014 7:49:14 PM, xfrodobagginsx wrote:
At 10/15/2014 10:21:34 AM, bornofgod wrote:
At 10/15/2014 9:30:41 AM, SNP1 wrote:
At 10/14/2014 8:56:00 PM, xfrodobagginsx wrote:
At 10/14/2014 5:02:27 PM, SNP1 wrote:
At 10/14/2014 3:43:33 PM, xfrodobagginsx wrote:

I am all for theists coming onto this site, but you honestly need to come here to DEBATE and DISCUSS topics, not to preach.

I have come to explain how Jesus is the only way of salvation, debate those who disagree and explain why. So, do you agree or disagree with what I have posted and why?

Debate implies an open mind. You have just admitted by saying "debate those who disagree AND EXPLAIN WHY." that you do not have this open mind.

Now, do I agree with what you have to say? No. You make too many unsupported assumptions.
1) You assume there is an afterlife.
2) You assume there is a god.
3) You assume Christianity is correct.
4) You assume the Bible is correct.
5) You assume that the Bible is literal.
6) You assume there is a historical Jesus (I will let this one slide though).
7) You assume that (if there is a historical Jesus) Jesus was as portrayed in the Gospels.

7 unsupported assumptions. I see no reason to take such a claim seriously.

Is your mind opened up enough to believe that life experiences are only dreams made up by our invisible Creator?

Are you open minded to believe that there's no such thing as matter and that time and space can only be observed as illusions?

Does your mind accept the fact that your only information being processed into illusions that make you believe your real?

If you can't accept these ideas, then your mind isn't anymore open than a deceived religious person.

When you ask me if my mind is open it sounds as if what you are saying is that if I don't change my position than I am the one who is closed minded. Are you closed minded if you don't believe what the Bible says? Does your mind accept the fact that God created everything that exists?

"Open-minded" means the ability to accept the conclusion most strongly supported by the evidence. Religious "faith" is the opposite; it's the ability to reject conclusions with superior support in evidence. "Faith" is proclaimed loyalty to closed-mindedness.

I believe that the actual evidence is on my side, but my faith doesn't depend on it. It takes more faith to believe in the no God scenario or in Evolution. Those are faith based systems as well.
xfrodobagginsx
Posts: 12
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2014 12:24:43 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/15/2014 9:00:04 PM, bornofgod wrote:
At 10/15/2014 11:50:46 AM, SNP1 wrote:
At 10/15/2014 10:21:34 AM, bornofgod wrote:
At 10/15/2014 9:30:41 AM, SNP1 wrote:
At 10/14/2014 8:56:00 PM, xfrodobagginsx wrote:
At 10/14/2014 5:02:27 PM, SNP1 wrote:
At 10/14/2014 3:43:33 PM, xfrodobagginsx wrote:

I am all for theists coming onto this site, but you honestly need to come here to DEBATE and DISCUSS topics, not to preach.

I have come to explain how Jesus is the only way of salvation, debate those who disagree and explain why. So, do you agree or disagree with what I have posted and why?

Debate implies an open mind. You have just admitted by saying "debate those who disagree AND EXPLAIN WHY." that you do not have this open mind.

Now, do I agree with what you have to say? No. You make too many unsupported assumptions.
1) You assume there is an afterlife.
2) You assume there is a god.
3) You assume Christianity is correct.
4) You assume the Bible is correct.
5) You assume that the Bible is literal.
6) You assume there is a historical Jesus (I will let this one slide though).
7) You assume that (if there is a historical Jesus) Jesus was as portrayed in the Gospels.

7 unsupported assumptions. I see no reason to take such a claim seriously.

Is your mind opened up enough to believe that life experiences are only dreams made up by our invisible Creator?

Are you open minded to believe that there's no such thing as matter and that time and space can only be observed as illusions?

Does your mind accept the fact that your only information being processed into illusions that make you believe your real?

If you can't accept these ideas, then your mind isn't anymore open than a deceived religious person.

I am open minded, but not so open minded that my brain falls out. So, no, I do not believe what you claim because you have no evidence.

Open minded people take in all information without judging whether it's true or not.

I have researched all of the information and I can confidently conclude that Jesus Christ is Lord and that there is a God.
xfrodobagginsx
Posts: 12
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2014 12:25:48 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/15/2014 9:03:29 PM, bornofgod wrote:
At 10/15/2014 7:49:14 PM, xfrodobagginsx wrote:
At 10/15/2014 10:21:34 AM, bornofgod wrote:
At 10/15/2014 9:30:41 AM, SNP1 wrote:
At 10/14/2014 8:56:00 PM, xfrodobagginsx wrote:
At 10/14/2014 5:02:27 PM, SNP1 wrote:
At 10/14/2014 3:43:33 PM, xfrodobagginsx wrote:

I am all for theists coming onto this site, but you honestly need to come here to DEBATE and DISCUSS topics, not to preach.

I have come to explain how Jesus is the only way of salvation, debate those who disagree and explain why. So, do you agree or disagree with what I have posted and why?

Debate implies an open mind. You have just admitted by saying "debate those who disagree AND EXPLAIN WHY." that you do not have this open mind.

Now, do I agree with what you have to say? No. You make too many unsupported assumptions.
1) You assume there is an afterlife.
2) You assume there is a god.
3) You assume Christianity is correct.
4) You assume the Bible is correct.
5) You assume that the Bible is literal.
6) You assume there is a historical Jesus (I will let this one slide though).
7) You assume that (if there is a historical Jesus) Jesus was as portrayed in the Gospels.

7 unsupported assumptions. I see no reason to take such a claim seriously.

Is your mind opened up enough to believe that life experiences are only dreams made up by our invisible Creator?

Are you open minded to believe that there's no such thing as matter and that time and space can only be observed as illusions?

Does your mind accept the fact that your only information being processed into illusions that make you believe your real?

If you can't accept these ideas, then your mind isn't anymore open than a deceived religious person.

When you ask me if my mind is open it sounds as if what you are saying is that if I don't change my position than I am the one who is closed minded. Are you closed minded if you don't believe what the Bible says? Does your mind accept the fact that God created everything that exists?

I am the mind of God so I accept everything as HIs.

First of all you are not the mind of God. Secondly, you have no evidence that you are the mind of God.
xfrodobagginsx
Posts: 12
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2014 12:27:42 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/15/2014 9:11:00 PM, VelCrow wrote:
At 10/15/2014 7:44:43 PM, xfrodobagginsx wrote:
At 10/14/2014 10:40:40 PM, bornofgod wrote:
At 10/14/2014 3:43:33 PM, xfrodobagginsx wrote:
ARE YOU 100% SURE THAT IF YOU DIED TODAY THAT YOU WOULD GO TO HEAVEN?

There are some things that you should know:

1. Realize that you are a sinner and in need of a Savior:

Ro 3:23 "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;"

Ro 3:10 "As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:"

This all began with the story of Adam and Eve in the garden of Eden. God created them perfect, there was no death or sorrow. God told them not to eat of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. They disobeyed God and as a result, sin entered into the world. The pain which this world sees is the result of sin.

2. Because of our sins, we die both spiritually and physically, but God sent His Son to die so that you can have a chance not to have to go to hell by accepting what He did on the cross for you:

Ro 6:23 "For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord."

Ro 5:8 "But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. for us."

Every person who has ever lived is a sinner and is not righteous because we do bad things. A sin is a crime against God, just as if you steal something at the store, it is punishable by going to jail. It's the same thing with sin. Even if we lie one time, the punishment is hell, which is a prison for those who commit crimes against God. That"s because you must be perfect in order to get to heaven. No matter how well you live your life from then on, you have already committed a sin which will be punished if you are not pardoned. If you commit a crime, and then live as a good citizen you still will go to jail for the crime you committed. Right? Just as the president can pardon a crime so you won't go to jail, Jesus can pardon your sins so that you do not go to hell, and can go to heaven when you die.

3. If you will Admit to Jesus Christ that you are a sinner and in need of a Savior, Believe in your heart that He died on the cross and rose from the dead and Accept Him as your Lord and Savior and you will be forgiven and taken to heaven to be with Him when you die.

Joh 1:12 "But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name"

Ro 10:9,10 "that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.."

You cannot get to heaven by being a good person, going to church, baptism or any other way other than by turning to Jesus, believing in your heart that He died on the cross and rose from the dead for your sins and placing your trust in Him. While these are good things to do, some people believe that they will get to heaven if they do these things, but the bible says that there is only one way to heaven and that is through receiving what Jesus Christ did on the cross for you.

Will you do that today? If you will, you can be 100% sure that you will go to heaven when you die.

DO YOU BELIEVE THAT JESUS CHRIST DIED ON THE CROSS AND ROSE FROM THE DEAD FOR YOUR SINS?

ARE YOU WILLING TO TURN TO JESUS CHRIST FOR SALVATION?

4. If you are willing to accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior you could pray something like this to God from your heart:

"Dear Lord Jesus, I believe that You died on the Cross and Rose from the dead for my sins. I ask you to come into my heart and forgive me for my sins, save me, take me to be with You when I die. I now receive You as my Lord and Savior. Thank You for saving me. In Jesus holy name, Amen."

If you have placed your faith in Jesus Christ, believing that He died on the cross and rose from the dead for your sins, you are now a child of God and will go to heaven.

Now that you are on your way to heaven, you should attend a bible believing church and follow in baptism.

Since we were created in the mind of God ( Heaven ) we have no choice but to remain in Heaven once we die in this make-believe world. It's a good thing our invisible Creator made a New Earth ( make-believe world ) for us to live in after we die in this world, otherwise we wouldn't know we exist.

The problem is that this isn't what the Creator says will happen if you reject Him. He also doesn't say that we were created in the mind of God, He said that He created man in His image.

Original text
Then God said, "Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals, and over all the creatures that move along the ground."

note that God said "let US make mankind in OUR image, in OUR likeness.."
Doesn't that imply many gods?

http://biblehub.com...

That's a good question. Here is the Answer. God is one God, but has 3 personalities. God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit. The Son wasn't fully revealed until hundreds of years after that passage was written.
xfrodobagginsx
Posts: 12
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2014 12:29:35 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/16/2014 10:05:25 AM, SNP1 wrote:
At 10/15/2014 7:46:31 PM, xfrodobagginsx wrote:
At 10/15/2014 9:30:41 AM, SNP1 wrote:
At 10/14/2014 8:56:00 PM, xfrodobagginsx wrote:
At 10/14/2014 5:02:27 PM, SNP1 wrote:
At 10/14/2014 3:43:33 PM, xfrodobagginsx wrote:

I am all for theists coming onto this site, but you honestly need to come here to DEBATE and DISCUSS topics, not to preach.

I have come to explain how Jesus is the only way of salvation, debate those who disagree and explain why. So, do you agree or disagree with what I have posted and why?

Debate implies an open mind. You have just admitted by saying "debate those who disagree AND EXPLAIN WHY." that you do not have this open mind.

Now, do I agree with what you have to say? No. You make too many unsupported assumptions.
1) You assume there is an afterlife.
2) You assume there is a god.
3) You assume Christianity is correct.
4) You assume the Bible is correct.
5) You assume that the Bible is literal.
6) You assume there is a historical Jesus (I will let this one slide though).
7) You assume that (if there is a historical Jesus) Jesus was as portrayed in the Gospels.

7 unsupported assumptions. I see no reason to take such a claim seriously.

These are not assumptions based on blind faith. These are logical conclusions I have based on evidence, but my faith in God is not dependent on it. I must admit that.

Can you please share how you reach each "logical" conclusion? But, before that, I recommend looking at previous debates, earlier threads, etc. I would be surprised if you have a new argument that has not already been addressed.

Who is your question pertaining to? I didn't write that list.
xfrodobagginsx
Posts: 12
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2014 12:34:43 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/16/2014 4:20:36 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 10/14/2014 3:43:33 PM, xfrodobagginsx wrote:
ARE YOU 100% SURE THAT IF YOU DIED TODAY THAT YOU WOULD GO TO HEAVEN?

There are some things that you should know:

1. Realize that you are a sinner and in need of a Savior:

Ro 3:23 "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;"

Ro 3:10 "As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:"

This all began with the story of Adam and Eve in the garden of Eden. God created them perfect, there was no death or sorrow. God told them not to eat of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. They disobeyed God and as a result, sin entered into the world. The pain which this world sees is the result of sin.

2. Because of our sins, we die both spiritually and physically, but God sent His Son to die so that you can have a chance not to have to go to hell by accepting what He did on the cross for you:

Ro 6:23 "For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord."

Ro 5:8 "But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. for us."

Every person who has ever lived is a sinner and is not righteous because we do bad things. A sin is a crime against God, just as if you steal something at the store, it is punishable by going to jail. It's the same thing with sin. Even if we lie one time, the punishment is hell, which is a prison for those who commit crimes against God. That"s because you must be perfect in order to get to heaven. No matter how well you live your life from then on, you have already committed a sin which will be punished if you are not pardoned. If you commit a crime, and then live as a good citizen you still will go to jail for the crime you committed. Right? Just as the president can pardon a crime so you won't go to jail, Jesus can pardon your sins so that you do not go to hell, and can go to heaven when you die.

3. If you will Admit to Jesus Christ that you are a sinner and in need of a Savior, Believe in your heart that He died on the cross and rose from the dead and Accept Him as your Lord and Savior and you will be forgiven and taken to heaven to be with Him when you die.

Joh 1:12 "But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name"

Ro 10:9,10 "that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.."

You cannot get to heaven by being a good person, going to church, baptism or any other way other than by turning to Jesus, believing in your heart that He died on the cross and rose from the dead for your sins and placing your trust in Him. While these are good things to do, some people believe that they will get to heaven if they do these things, but the bible says that there is only one way to heaven and that is through receiving what Jesus Christ did on the cross for you.

Will you do that today? If you will, you can be 100% sure that you will go to heaven when you die.

DO YOU BELIEVE THAT JESUS CHRIST DIED ON THE CROSS AND ROSE FROM THE DEAD FOR YOUR SINS?

ARE YOU WILLING TO TURN TO JESUS CHRIST FOR SALVATION?

4. If you are willing to accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior you could pray something like this to God from your heart:

"Dear Lord Jesus, I believe that You died on the Cross and Rose from the dead for my sins. I ask you to come into my heart and forgive me for my sins, save me, take me to be with You when I die. I now receive You as my Lord and Savior. Thank You for saving me. In Jesus holy name, Amen."

If you have placed your faith in Jesus Christ, believing that He died on the cross and rose from the dead for your sins, you are now a child of God and will go to heaven.

Now that you are on your way to heaven, you should attend a bible believing church and follow in baptism.

I followed a church, but they condemned people and followed the way of the hypocrites. So I left and read the bible on my own. Like any Christian with a sense of individuality and knowledge would do compared to brainwashed sheep of the corrupt sheep herder.

First of all, your first mistake is that you "Followed" a Church. Church people are not perfect and there is no perfect Church. There are hypocrites at Churches. With that said, Jesus instituted the Church.

Mt 16:18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it. {Peter: this name signifies a rock }

If you read the bible, then you should know what Paul says about not going to Church:

Heb 10:25 Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.

The Church is around to help believers build each other up and learn about the Bible together and create opportunities to be active in Sharing the Gospel.
bulproof
Posts: 25,197
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2014 12:39:00 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/18/2014 12:24:43 AM, xfrodobagginsx wrote:
At 10/15/2014 9:00:04 PM, bornofgod wrote:
At 10/15/2014 11:50:46 AM, SNP1 wrote:
At 10/15/2014 10:21:34 AM, bornofgod wrote:
At 10/15/2014 9:30:41 AM, SNP1 wrote:
At 10/14/2014 8:56:00 PM, xfrodobagginsx wrote:
At 10/14/2014 5:02:27 PM, SNP1 wrote:
At 10/14/2014 3:43:33 PM, xfrodobagginsx wrote:

I am all for theists coming onto this site, but you honestly need to come here to DEBATE and DISCUSS topics, not to preach.

I have come to explain how Jesus is the only way of salvation, debate those who disagree and explain why. So, do you agree or disagree with what I have posted and why?

Debate implies an open mind. You have just admitted by saying "debate those who disagree AND EXPLAIN WHY." that you do not have this open mind.

Now, do I agree with what you have to say? No. You make too many unsupported assumptions.
1) You assume there is an afterlife.
2) You assume there is a god.
3) You assume Christianity is correct.
4) You assume the Bible is correct.
5) You assume that the Bible is literal.
6) You assume there is a historical Jesus (I will let this one slide though).
7) You assume that (if there is a historical Jesus) Jesus was as portrayed in the Gospels.

7 unsupported assumptions. I see no reason to take such a claim seriously.

Is your mind opened up enough to believe that life experiences are only dreams made up by our invisible Creator?

Are you open minded to believe that there's no such thing as matter and that time and space can only be observed as illusions?

Does your mind accept the fact that your only information being processed into illusions that make you believe your real?

If you can't accept these ideas, then your mind isn't anymore open than a deceived religious person.

I am open minded, but not so open minded that my brain falls out. So, no, I do not believe what you claim because you have no evidence.

Open minded people take in all information without judging whether it's true or not.

I have researched all of the information and I can confidently conclude that Jesus Christ is Lord and that there is a God.

So you won't have a problem supplying objective evidence to support your conclusions?
We await!!
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Beastt
Posts: 5,135
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2014 12:54:07 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/18/2014 12:23:39 AM, xfrodobagginsx wrote:
At 10/15/2014 7:54:26 PM, Beastt wrote:
At 10/15/2014 7:49:14 PM, xfrodobagginsx wrote:
At 10/15/2014 10:21:34 AM, bornofgod wrote:
At 10/15/2014 9:30:41 AM, SNP1 wrote:
At 10/14/2014 8:56:00 PM, xfrodobagginsx wrote:
At 10/14/2014 5:02:27 PM, SNP1 wrote:
At 10/14/2014 3:43:33 PM, xfrodobagginsx wrote:

I am all for theists coming onto this site, but you honestly need to come here to DEBATE and DISCUSS topics, not to preach.

I have come to explain how Jesus is the only way of salvation, debate those who disagree and explain why. So, do you agree or disagree with what I have posted and why?

Debate implies an open mind. You have just admitted by saying "debate those who disagree AND EXPLAIN WHY." that you do not have this open mind.

Now, do I agree with what you have to say? No. You make too many unsupported assumptions.
1) You assume there is an afterlife.
2) You assume there is a god.
3) You assume Christianity is correct.
4) You assume the Bible is correct.
5) You assume that the Bible is literal.
6) You assume there is a historical Jesus (I will let this one slide though).
7) You assume that (if there is a historical Jesus) Jesus was as portrayed in the Gospels.

7 unsupported assumptions. I see no reason to take such a claim seriously.

Is your mind opened up enough to believe that life experiences are only dreams made up by our invisible Creator?

Are you open minded to believe that there's no such thing as matter and that time and space can only be observed as illusions?

Does your mind accept the fact that your only information being processed into illusions that make you believe your real?

If you can't accept these ideas, then your mind isn't anymore open than a deceived religious person.

When you ask me if my mind is open it sounds as if what you are saying is that if I don't change my position than I am the one who is closed minded. Are you closed minded if you don't believe what the Bible says? Does your mind accept the fact that God created everything that exists?

"Open-minded" means the ability to accept the conclusion most strongly supported by the evidence. Religious "faith" is the opposite; it's the ability to reject conclusions with superior support in evidence. "Faith" is proclaimed loyalty to closed-mindedness.

I believe that the actual evidence is on my side, but my faith doesn't depend on it. It takes more faith to believe in the no God scenario or in Evolution. Those are faith based systems as well.

First... Present the supposed "evidence" which you believe supports your belief.

Second... I've heard the "it takes more faith to believe there's no God", line at least 100 times. I've yet to see anyone who could support that statement. It requires NO FAITH to believe that God doesn't exist, because there's no objective evidence for God. But since you've made the assertion that there is, go ahead.

But let's add a twist to this first. How many objective evidences for evolution can you name? One... two... maybe three? Disbelief in evolution requires ignorance. Show me that I'm wrong.
"If we believe absurdities we shall commit atrocities." -- Voltaire
Skepticalone
Posts: 6,090
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2014 1:12:59 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/18/2014 12:54:07 AM, Beastt wrote:
At 10/18/2014 12:23:39 AM, xfrodobagginsx wrote:
At 10/15/2014 7:54:26 PM, Beastt wrote:
At 10/15/2014 7:49:14 PM, xfrodobagginsx wrote:
At 10/15/2014 10:21:34 AM, bornofgod wrote:
At 10/15/2014 9:30:41 AM, SNP1 wrote:
At 10/14/2014 8:56:00 PM, xfrodobagginsx wrote:
At 10/14/2014 5:02:27 PM, SNP1 wrote:
At 10/14/2014 3:43:33 PM, xfrodobagginsx wrote:

I am all for theists coming onto this site, but you honestly need to come here to DEBATE and DISCUSS topics, not to preach.

I have come to explain how Jesus is the only way of salvation, debate those who disagree and explain why. So, do you agree or disagree with what I have posted and why?

Debate implies an open mind. You have just admitted by saying "debate those who disagree AND EXPLAIN WHY." that you do not have this open mind.

Now, do I agree with what you have to say? No. You make too many unsupported assumptions.
1) You assume there is an afterlife.
2) You assume there is a god.
3) You assume Christianity is correct.
4) You assume the Bible is correct.
5) You assume that the Bible is literal.
6) You assume there is a historical Jesus (I will let this one slide though).
7) You assume that (if there is a historical Jesus) Jesus was as portrayed in the Gospels.

7 unsupported assumptions. I see no reason to take such a claim seriously.

Is your mind opened up enough to believe that life experiences are only dreams made up by our invisible Creator?

Are you open minded to believe that there's no such thing as matter and that time and space can only be observed as illusions?

Does your mind accept the fact that your only information being processed into illusions that make you believe your real?

If you can't accept these ideas, then your mind isn't anymore open than a deceived religious person.

When you ask me if my mind is open it sounds as if what you are saying is that if I don't change my position than I am the one who is closed minded. Are you closed minded if you don't believe what the Bible says? Does your mind accept the fact that God created everything that exists?

"Open-minded" means the ability to accept the conclusion most strongly supported by the evidence. Religious "faith" is the opposite; it's the ability to reject conclusions with superior support in evidence. "Faith" is proclaimed loyalty to closed-mindedness.

I believe that the actual evidence is on my side, but my faith doesn't depend on it. It takes more faith to believe in the no God scenario or in Evolution. Those are faith based systems as well.

First... Present the supposed "evidence" which you believe supports your belief.

Second... I've heard the "it takes more faith to believe there's no God", line at least 100 times. I've yet to see anyone who could support that statement. It requires NO FAITH to believe that God doesn't exist, because there's no objective evidence for God. But since you've made the assertion that there is, go ahead.

But let's add a twist to this first. How many objective evidences for evolution can you name? One... two... maybe three? Disbelief in evolution requires ignorance. Show me that I'm wrong.

+1
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten