Jump to topic:

The pope just might get arrested.

Freeman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2010 6:40:06 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Two days ago I made a forum topic that was slightly misleading. Of course, I didn't mean to do this intentionally.

At the time that I showed the article regarding Dawkins and the pope, the title of the article was:

"Richard Dawkins: I will arrest Pope Benedict XVI"

If you look at the article now it reads:

"Richard Dawkins calls for arrest of Pope Benedict XVI" http://www.timesonline.co.uk...

And... Yes... Richard Dawkins did clarify this issue when he was asked about it.

Comment #478580 by Richard Dawkins on April 11, 2010 at 8:48 am
"Needless to say, I did NOT say "I will arrest Pope Benedict XVI" or anything so personally grandiloquent. You have to remember that The Sunday Times is a Murdoch newspaper, and that all newspapers follow the odd custom of entrusting headlines to a sub-editor, not the author of the article itself.

What I DID say to Marc Horne when he telephoned me out of the blue, and I repeat it here, is that I am whole-heartedly behind the initiative by Geoffrey Robertson and Mark Stephens to mount a legal challenge to the Pope's proposed visit to Britain. Beyond that, I declined to comment to Marc Horme, other than to refer him to my 'Ratzinger is the Perfect Pope' article here: http://richarddawkins.net...

Here is what really happened. Christopher Hitchens first proposed the legal challenge idea to me on March 14th. I responded enthusiastically, and suggested the name of a high profile human rights lawyer whom I know. I had lost her address, however, and set about tracking her down. Meanwhile, Christopher made the brilliant suggestion of Geoffrey Robertson. He approached him, and Mr Robertson's subsequent 'Put the Pope in the Dock' article in The Guardian shows him to be ideal:
http://richarddawkins.net...
The case is obviously in good hands, with him and Mark Stephens. I am especially intrigued by the proposed challenge to the legality of the Vatican as a sovereign state whose head can claim diplomatic immunity.

Even if the Pope doesn't end up in the dock, and even if the Vatican doesn't cancel the visit, I am optimistic that we shall raise public consciousness to the point where the British government will find it very awkward indeed to go ahead with the Pope's visit, let alone pay for it." http://richarddawkins.net...

Anyway...

Dawkins and Hitchens are still dead serious about having the pope arrested.
Chancellor of Propaganda and Foreign Relations in the Franklin administration.

"I intend to live forever. So far, so good." -- Steven Wright
banker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2010 7:36:22 PM
Well any nation wording things like that against the pope shout be boycotted...!! I surly will
the most important source for muslim Arabs:

"And thereafter We [Allah] said to the Children of Israel: 'Dwell securely in the Promised Land. And when the last warning will come to pass, we will gather you together in a mingled crowd'.".

- Qur'an 17:104 -

Any sincere muslim must recognize the Land they call "Palestine" as the Jewish Homeland, according to the book considered by muslims to be the most sacred word and Allah's ultimate revelation.

Ibn Khaldun, one of the most creditable
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2010 4:48:42 AM
At 4/13/2010 7:36:22 PM, banker wrote:
Well any nation wording things like that against the pope shout be boycotted...!! I surly will

So you are defending the Pope's actions in protecting paedophiles from the law and directly aiding and abetting the abuse of children?
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
Ren
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2010 6:47:04 AM
At 4/14/2010 4:48:42 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 4/13/2010 7:36:22 PM, banker wrote:

So you are defending the Pope's actions in protecting paedophiles from the law and directly aiding and abetting the abuse of children?

Widespread, even.

Religion has its strong points, but this historical exploitation and abuse of large numbers of people, often women and children, by Catholic leaders in particular should reeeaaaallly stop.
DATCMOTO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2010 3:20:31 AM
Every time anyone points the finger and says " BAD! " we are really pointing at ourselves and saying " GOOD! "

This is self-righteousness and is all we have if we do not have real righteousness in Christ.

This all began in the garden of eden as soon as they fell from grace: (proper relationship with God)

Genesis 3:8-13 (New International Version)

8 Then the man and his wife heard the sound of the LORD God as he was walking in the garden in the cool of the day, and they hid from the LORD God among the trees of the garden. 9 But the LORD God called to the man, "Where are you?"

10 He answered, "I heard you in the garden, and I was afraid because I was naked; so I hid."

11 And he said, "Who told you that you were naked? Have you eaten from the tree that I commanded you not to eat from?"

12 The man said, "The woman you put here with me—she gave me some fruit from the tree, and I ate it."

13 Then the LORD God said to the woman, "What is this you have done?"
The woman said, "The serpent deceived me, and I ate."

It's called shifting the burden.

None of you are going to be called to give an account of the Popes sins.
The Cross.. the Cross.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2010 3:22:15 AM
I see, thank you for that nonsenical defence of the Popes right to shield paedophiles from the law and facilitate the abuse of children.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
Tlhedglin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2010 3:40:11 AM
At 4/15/2010 3:20:31 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
Every time anyone points the finger and says " BAD! " we are really pointing at ourselves and saying " GOOD! "

No. It is merely saying that someone is doing something immoral.
DATCMOTO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2010 2:53:14 AM
At 4/15/2010 3:22:15 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
I see, thank you for that nonsenical defence of the Popes right to shield paedophiles from the law and facilitate the abuse of children.

READ AS:

Pope/DATCMOTO BAADDDD! C_N good!
The Cross.. the Cross.
DATCMOTO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2010 2:54:23 AM
At 4/15/2010 3:40:11 AM, Tlhedglin wrote:
At 4/15/2010 3:20:31 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:

No. It is merely saying that someone is doing something immoral.

Whilst making himself 'good' by comparison.. OR he would point out things that he is ALSO guilty of.
The Cross.. the Cross.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2010 3:57:05 AM
At 4/20/2010 2:53:14 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:

READ AS:

I see, so apparently you are now the Pope? Do you not have one word against the Pope's decision to protect and faciliatate paedophilia?
banker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2010 5:34:18 AM
Its fun to see how the same who advocated bush should be indifferent to saddam killing and gazing millions of people condemning popes indifferance as support..!!

The same who acted with indiferance to a nation hanging kids and rape victims ,are accusing the popes indifferance as support..!!
Do libs who advocate our release of gutanamo bay terrorist support terror.?
Do libs who advocated allowing saddam to kill his peopple support killing people.?
Do libs who advocate allowing iran to kill kids and rape victims support shaira law.?
the most important source for muslim Arabs:

"And thereafter We [Allah] said to the Children of Israel: 'Dwell securely in the Promised Land. And when the last warning will come to pass, we will gather you together in a mingled crowd'.".

- Qur'an 17:104 -

Any sincere muslim must recognize the Land they call "Palestine" as the Jewish Homeland, according to the book considered by muslims to be the most sacred word and Allah's ultimate revelation.

Ibn Khaldun, one of the most creditable
DATCMOTO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2010 10:09:47 AM
At 4/20/2010 3:57:05 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 4/20/2010 2:53:14 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:

READ AS:

I see, so apparently you are now the Pope? Do you not have one word against the Pope's decision to protect and faciliatate paedophilia?

English lesson: one these / indicates an ' and or ' meaning.

I'm not in a dialogue with the Pope but with you; so I wish to attack your self righteousness.. it'll be the death of you.
The Cross.. the Cross.
DATCMOTO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2010 10:14:02 AM
At 4/26/2010 10:11:47 AM, Mirza wrote:
What is your position on this case, DACTMOTO?

The Catholic Church is almost completely unscriptural: anything that is not inline with the Word of God is the legal property of satan.

Hence satanic practices such as child abuse.
The Cross.. the Cross.
Kahvan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2010 10:17:44 AM
I think that the pope should get arrested but who is going to do so? If he does get arrested then bravo to those who arrest him.
DATCMOTO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2010 10:20:24 AM
At 4/26/2010 10:17:44 AM, Kahvan wrote:
I think that the pope should get arrested but who is going to do so? If he does get arrested then bravo to those who arrest him.

Well, Hitchens and Dawkins are going to try.. although I believe it has much more to do with promoting Hitchens and Dawkins than any real desire for justice.
The Cross.. the Cross.
Kahvan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2010 10:36:29 AM
At 4/26/2010 10:20:24 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 4/26/2010 10:17:44 AM, Kahvan wrote:

Well, Hitchens and Dawkins are going to try.. although I believe it has much more to do with promoting Hitchens and Dawkins than any real desire for justice.

But as long as justice is obtained isnt it ok if they promote themsleves alittle bit? it takes alot of cajones to arrest the pope.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2010 2:33:08 PM
At 4/26/2010 10:14:02 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:

The Catholic Church is almost completely unscriptural: anything that is not inline with the Word of God is the legal property of satan.

You are a complete hypocrite.
DATCMOTO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2010 3:37:33 AM
At 4/26/2010 2:33:08 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:

But you fail to say why..
The Cross.. the Cross.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2010 3:39:29 AM
At 4/27/2010 3:37:33 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:

You condemn me for speaking out against Catholic paedophilia, then condemn Catholic paedophilia.

Strange.
DATCMOTO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2010 8:38:10 AM
At 4/27/2010 3:39:29 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:

You condemn me for speaking out against Catholic paedophilia, then condemn Catholic paedophilia.

Strange.

Not at all; you are unsaved and so judge from an evil desire to elevate yourself morally where as I spiritually discern (not judge!) the truth of the matter.
The Cross.. the Cross.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2010 8:41:59 AM
At 5/4/2010 8:38:10 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:

Strange.

Not at all; you are unsaved and so judge from an evil desire to elevate yourself morally where as I spiritually discern (not judge!) the truth of the matter.

Scripture is quite clear that you are not saved simply by proclaiming yourself to be so, but that you are expected to actually follow the laws of God. Your claim of salavation and spiritual superiority are a violation of your religion.
DATCMOTO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2010 3:56:10 AM
At 5/4/2010 8:41:59 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:

Strange.

Scripture is quite clear that you are not saved simply by proclaiming yourself to be so, but that you are expected to actually follow the laws of God. Your claim of salavation and spiritual superiority are a violation of your religion.

We are saved by faith in Jesus Christ and the satification of the cross.. Your opinion on this is utterly meaningless!
The Cross.. the Cross.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2010 6:01:24 AM
At 5/5/2010 3:56:10 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:

Strange.

We are saved by faith in Jesus Christ and the satification of the cross.. Your opinion on this is utterly meaningless!

Scripture says otherwise, your soul is pointing hellwards.
brian_eggleston
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2010 6:57:15 AM

Strange.

Just as a matter of interest, DATCMOTO, are you not Church of England - or at least a Protestant?

If so, I would've thought you'd want to see the Pope burn in hell - along with all his Catholic followers?
Visit the burglars' bulletin board: http://www.break-in-news.com...
DATCMOTO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2010 3:41:08 AM
At 5/5/2010 6:57:15 AM, brian_eggleston wrote:

Strange.

Just as a matter of interest, DATCMOTO, are you not Church of England - or at least a Protestant?

If so, I would've thought you'd want to see the Pope burn in hell - along with all his Catholic followers?

No, I hope they come to a saving knowledge of the Lord Jesus Christ..
The Cross.. the Cross.