Total Posts:48|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

The bop lies on Christians

jh1234lnew
Posts: 225
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2014 9:10:48 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
we atheists do not have the bop because we dont reject there deities we just lack belief in it just like we dont reject unicorns we just lack believe in them therefore the bop is on christian to prove that atheism is wrong theirfore christianity is lie and evil and christians burn good athests on steaks
Beastt
Posts: 5,135
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2014 10:16:08 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Not on "Christians", but upon "theists".

They are making a claim contrary to the default conclusion - that the lack of evidence for any suggested concept, supports non-existence, rather than existence.

Theists readily understand this when looking both ways before crossing the street. They're checking for evidence of cross-traffic in their vicinity. And when they find no such evidence, they conclude that it's safe to cross.

But when the same standards are suggested for their deities, they choke and gag on its simplicity, and accuracy.
"If we believe absurdities we shall commit atrocities." -- Voltaire
bornofgod
Posts: 11,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2014 10:19:30 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/14/2014 9:10:48 PM, jh1234lnew wrote:
we atheists do not have the bop because we dont reject there deities we just lack belief in it just like we dont reject unicorns we just lack believe in them therefore the bop is on christian to prove that atheism is wrong theirfore christianity is lie and evil and christians burn good athests on steaks

The BOP lies on our invisible Creator who created everything. Christians and atheists have no idea who God is so it's impossible for them to show proof of our invisible existence within His thoughts.
Beastt
Posts: 5,135
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2014 10:24:28 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/14/2014 10:19:30 PM, bornofgod wrote:
At 10/14/2014 9:10:48 PM, jh1234lnew wrote:
we atheists do not have the bop because we dont reject there deities we just lack belief in it just like we dont reject unicorns we just lack believe in them therefore the bop is on christian to prove that atheism is wrong theirfore christianity is lie and evil and christians burn good athests on steaks

The BOP lies on our invisible Creator who created everything. Christians and atheists have no idea who God is so it's impossible for them to show proof of our invisible existence within His thoughts.
Just like it wasn't possible for us to observe that some particles have mass before we understood the Higgs boson and Higgs field.
"If we believe absurdities we shall commit atrocities." -- Voltaire
bornofgod
Posts: 11,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2014 10:27:33 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/14/2014 10:24:28 PM, Beastt wrote:
At 10/14/2014 10:19:30 PM, bornofgod wrote:
At 10/14/2014 9:10:48 PM, jh1234lnew wrote:
we atheists do not have the bop because we dont reject there deities we just lack belief in it just like we dont reject unicorns we just lack believe in them therefore the bop is on christian to prove that atheism is wrong theirfore christianity is lie and evil and christians burn good athests on steaks

The BOP lies on our invisible Creator who created everything. Christians and atheists have no idea who God is so it's impossible for them to show proof of our invisible existence within His thoughts.
Just like it wasn't possible for us to observe that some particles have mass before we understood the Higgs boson and Higgs field.

There's no such thing as mass or matter. Time only exists as waves of energy are formed into pictures and viewed at a rate that we see movement. No space is required for invisible energy waves.

Higgs had no idea that he was observing a dream that isn't real.
DPMartin
Posts: 1,096
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2014 7:19:55 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/14/2014 9:10:48 PM, jh1234lnew wrote:
we atheists do not have the bop because we dont reject there deities we just lack belief in it just like we dont reject unicorns we just lack believe in them therefore the bop is on christian to prove that atheism is wrong theirfore christianity is lie and evil and christians burn good athests on steaks

Well then, what is proof to an atheist?
DPMartin
Posts: 1,096
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2014 7:32:23 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/14/2014 10:27:33 PM, bornofgod wrote:

There's no such thing as mass or matter. Time only exists as waves of energy are formed into pictures and viewed at a rate that we see movement. No space is required for invisible energy waves.

Higgs had no idea that he was observing a dream that isn't real.

Is that Buddhism or something from the same region? You know bornofgod if you follow some sort of Asian religion, why don"t you just say so? Then we won"t think you"ve lost it or something.
Beastt
Posts: 5,135
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2014 7:40:06 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/15/2014 7:32:23 PM, DPMartin wrote:
At 10/14/2014 10:27:33 PM, bornofgod wrote:

There's no such thing as mass or matter. Time only exists as waves of energy are formed into pictures and viewed at a rate that we see movement. No space is required for invisible energy waves.

Higgs had no idea that he was observing a dream that isn't real.

Is that Buddhism or something from the same region? You know bornofgod if you follow some sort of Asian religion, why don"t you just say so? Then we won"t think you"ve lost it or something.

Like many people suffering from the incapacity to differentiate fantasy from reality; he has produced his own beliefs devoid of the need to show them to be consistent with reality, and thinks of the rest of humanity as wrong and inferior for remaining within the confines of logic and reason. This is his "own special little world" and he rejects reality to accommodate it.
"If we believe absurdities we shall commit atrocities." -- Voltaire
Beastt
Posts: 5,135
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2014 7:41:56 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/15/2014 7:19:55 PM, DPMartin wrote:
At 10/14/2014 9:10:48 PM, jh1234lnew wrote:
we atheists do not have the bop because we dont reject there deities we just lack belief in it just like we dont reject unicorns we just lack believe in them therefore the bop is on christian to prove that atheism is wrong theirfore christianity is lie and evil and christians burn good athests on steaks

Well then, what is proof to an atheist?

We're not asking for "proof". Start by providing some objective evidence for God. Without that, there is no reason to see him as any more real than fairies, mermaids or unicorns. All, are simply proposed concepts without a shred of evidence to connect them to reality.
"If we believe absurdities we shall commit atrocities." -- Voltaire
bornofgod
Posts: 11,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2014 9:06:28 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/15/2014 7:32:23 PM, DPMartin wrote:
At 10/14/2014 10:27:33 PM, bornofgod wrote:

There's no such thing as mass or matter. Time only exists as waves of energy are formed into pictures and viewed at a rate that we see movement. No space is required for invisible energy waves.

Higgs had no idea that he was observing a dream that isn't real.

Is that Buddhism or something from the same region? You know bornofgod if you follow some sort of Asian religion, why don"t you just say so? Then we won"t think you"ve lost it or something.

I was taught everything I know directly from our invisible Creator. That's why I speak for Him.
bornofgod
Posts: 11,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2014 9:08:20 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/15/2014 7:40:06 PM, Beastt wrote:
At 10/15/2014 7:32:23 PM, DPMartin wrote:
At 10/14/2014 10:27:33 PM, bornofgod wrote:

There's no such thing as mass or matter. Time only exists as waves of energy are formed into pictures and viewed at a rate that we see movement. No space is required for invisible energy waves.

Higgs had no idea that he was observing a dream that isn't real.

Is that Buddhism or something from the same region? You know bornofgod if you follow some sort of Asian religion, why don"t you just say so? Then we won"t think you"ve lost it or something.

Like many people suffering from the incapacity to differentiate fantasy from reality; he has produced his own beliefs devoid of the need to show them to be consistent with reality, and thinks of the rest of humanity as wrong and inferior for remaining within the confines of logic and reason. This is his "own special little world" and he rejects reality to accommodate it.

All God's people thought this world they perceive was real. Now some quantum physicists know it's not our reality like us saints were taught directly by our Creator.
Beastt
Posts: 5,135
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2014 9:31:58 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/15/2014 9:08:20 PM, bornofgod wrote:
At 10/15/2014 7:40:06 PM, Beastt wrote:
At 10/15/2014 7:32:23 PM, DPMartin wrote:
At 10/14/2014 10:27:33 PM, bornofgod wrote:

There's no such thing as mass or matter. Time only exists as waves of energy are formed into pictures and viewed at a rate that we see movement. No space is required for invisible energy waves.

Higgs had no idea that he was observing a dream that isn't real.

Is that Buddhism or something from the same region? You know bornofgod if you follow some sort of Asian religion, why don"t you just say so? Then we won"t think you"ve lost it or something.

Like many people suffering from the incapacity to differentiate fantasy from reality; he has produced his own beliefs devoid of the need to show them to be consistent with reality, and thinks of the rest of humanity as wrong and inferior for remaining within the confines of logic and reason. This is his "own special little world" and he rejects reality to accommodate it.

All God's people thought this world they perceive was real. Now some quantum physicists know it's not our reality like us saints were taught directly by our Creator.

We have known for decades that our sensory capabilities present us with only a model of the world - sufficient to aid our survival within it. And we learned this by using technology to create devices more sensitive and capable than our biolo-sensory organs, not by reading old books of barbarity and fantasy.

We learned by applying reality to objective testing, not by sitting around generating imaginary concepts of God dreaming.
"If we believe absurdities we shall commit atrocities." -- Voltaire
bornofgod
Posts: 11,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2014 9:53:02 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/15/2014 9:31:58 PM, Beastt wrote:
At 10/15/2014 9:08:20 PM, bornofgod wrote:
At 10/15/2014 7:40:06 PM, Beastt wrote:
At 10/15/2014 7:32:23 PM, DPMartin wrote:
At 10/14/2014 10:27:33 PM, bornofgod wrote:

There's no such thing as mass or matter. Time only exists as waves of energy are formed into pictures and viewed at a rate that we see movement. No space is required for invisible energy waves.

Higgs had no idea that he was observing a dream that isn't real.

Is that Buddhism or something from the same region? You know bornofgod if you follow some sort of Asian religion, why don"t you just say so? Then we won"t think you"ve lost it or something.

Like many people suffering from the incapacity to differentiate fantasy from reality; he has produced his own beliefs devoid of the need to show them to be consistent with reality, and thinks of the rest of humanity as wrong and inferior for remaining within the confines of logic and reason. This is his "own special little world" and he rejects reality to accommodate it.

All God's people thought this world they perceive was real. Now some quantum physicists know it's not our reality like us saints were taught directly by our Creator.

We have known for decades that our sensory capabilities present us with only a model of the world - sufficient to aid our survival within it. And we learned this by using technology to create devices more sensitive and capable than our biolo-sensory organs, not by reading old books of barbarity and fantasy.

We learned by applying reality to objective testing, not by sitting around generating imaginary concepts of God dreaming.

There's no book in this world that can tell us that we're experiencing life within God's dream. That had to be taught directly to me by our invisible Creator.

God has used His scientists and mathematics to measure His illusions until they got down to the tiniest particles, which are only illusions. Quantum physicists know these particles are waves when not observed, which proves they are illusory ( not containable ).

Mathematics can't explain where waves come from, so these physicists are at a standstill. Some of them are trying to explain it with lies now and that's why we're hearing so many different stories from them, just like religious people and all their theories ( interpretations ) they get from reading their holy books.
DPMartin
Posts: 1,096
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2014 10:02:30 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/15/2014 7:41:56 PM, Beastt wrote:
At 10/15/2014 7:19:55 PM, DPMartin wrote:
At 10/14/2014 9:10:48 PM, jh1234lnew wrote:
we atheists do not have the bop because we dont reject there deities we just lack belief in it just like we dont reject unicorns we just lack believe in them therefore the bop is on christian to prove that atheism is wrong theirfore christianity is lie and evil and christians burn good athests on steaks

Well then, what is proof to an atheist?

We're not asking for "proof". Start by providing some objective evidence for God. Without that, there is no reason to see him as any more real than fairies, mermaids or unicorns. All, are simply proposed concepts without a shred of evidence to connect them to reality.

I see you don"t want "proof" now. you want something you can wiggle your way out of. One second the atheists say the BOP is on the Christian and the Christian ask what "proof" and the ashiest position moves to (We're not asking for "proof". )

Which is it beastt?
JayLewis
Posts: 41
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2014 10:10:28 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
I would argue that the Burden of Proof belongs to both atheists and theists.
Theists must prove the existence of God (through science, natural revelation, special revelation, etc.).
Atheists must prove the "non-existence" of God.
Both are positions of faith with independent ideological frameworks.
LostintheEcho1498
Posts: 234
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2014 4:53:28 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Well, yes and no. We also have to recognize that Atheist is the counter-argument, not just a state of "non-opinion". That is agnostic. Atheist is to have the belief that there is no "otherworldly" or higher beings. Therefore, both are called to answer the BoP. I see many people who are unable to do so on both sides although we both call each other out on it(yes, that would be you Beastt). While we both can call each other out and give our evidence on both sides, the only real change that comes from any of this debate is from ourselves. Everyone on this religion forum seems only interested in two things:
1. Downing/Bashing/Disproving/etc. either Christianity or Atheism.
2. Preaching or trying to convert people to their side.

The problem with both of these positions is that the first is degrading and sometimes just annoying. The other is mainly pointless as we all are just as stubborn as the other. Anyway, I digress. Back to BoP. Christians/Theists hold the BoP to prove to themselves that God/Buddha/etc. is real. The idea of having to prove it to everyone else is bogus. Even if Atheists had proof there is always doubt and within that doubt it will chip away until there is no belief left. As for Atheists, the BoP is also on themselves. They need to prove to themselves that God/etc. does not exist. This idea of proving religion to everyone else is mainly useless unless they are open-minded to what you have to say. Unless that is the case, we are all just spinning our wheels.
DPMartin
Posts: 1,096
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2014 7:52:10 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/16/2014 4:53:28 PM, LostintheEcho1498 wrote:
Well, yes and no. We also have to recognize that Atheist is the counter-argument, not just a state of "non-opinion". That is agnostic. Atheist is to have the belief that there is no "otherworldly" or higher beings. Therefore, both are called to answer the BoP. I see many people who are unable to do so on both sides although we both call each other out on it(yes, that would be you Beastt). While we both can call each other out and give our evidence on both sides, the only real change that comes from any of this debate is from ourselves. Everyone on this religion forum seems only interested in two things:
1. Downing/Bashing/Disproving/etc. either Christianity or Atheism.
2. Preaching or trying to convert people to their side.

The problem with both of these positions is that the first is degrading and sometimes just annoying. The other is mainly pointless as we all are just as stubborn as the other. Anyway, I digress. Back to BoP. Christians/Theists hold the BoP to prove to themselves that God/Buddha/etc. is real. The idea of having to prove it to everyone else is bogus. Even if Atheists had proof there is always doubt and within that doubt it will chip away until there is no belief left. As for Atheists, the BoP is also on themselves. They need to prove to themselves that God/etc. does not exist. This idea of proving religion to everyone else is mainly useless unless they are open-minded to what you have to say. Unless that is the case, we are all just spinning our wheels.

Now that you got that off your chest, I don"t necessarily disagree, but you can"t enforce common sense and mutual respect. So you have what you have.

As far as BOP an atheist really doesn"t have to, in my own view I can see they don"t have it, you can"t prove one way or the other physically if spirit exists or not, without spirit. nor can you prove God exists without God being with you. But it would be nice to know what proof they are looking for from lets say, Christianity.
vwv
Posts: 666
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2014 7:55:10 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/14/2014 9:10:48 PM, jh1234lnew wrote:
we atheists do not have the bop because we dont reject there deities we just lack belief in it just like we dont reject unicorns we just lack believe in them therefore the bop is on christian to prove that atheism is wrong theirfore christianity is lie and evil and christians burn good athests on steaks

no you are wrong because we can't explain why god wrote the bible.
LifeMeansGodIsGood
Posts: 2,744
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2014 8:20:32 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/14/2014 9:10:48 PM, jh1234lnew wrote:
we atheists do not have the bop because we dont reject there deities we just lack belief in it just like we dont reject unicorns we just lack believe in them therefore the bop is on christian to prove that atheism is wrong theirfore christianity is lie and evil and christians burn good athests on steaks

You do not lack belief. You believe God is not there. What is the diference between saying there is no God and saying you lack belef? You believe something you do not know. You believe there is no God. Or do you believe God is there? Or do you believe it is possible God is there? Can you say what you mean and mean what you say?

You need to prove your belief to yourself, and the only way you can do that when you are saying you lack belief is to plunge yourself into eternity and find out if your belief is right or wrong. There is no other way for you to prove to yourself what you believe. You are doing the test of proof, and the results will be in for you soon enough, I hope not too soon because if proof that Hell is real must be forced upon you, it will be forced upon you. I have no burden of proof in this because I'm not asking for proof and I'm not trying to prove anything. It is not possible to prove God is there if you will not believe He is there, so I have no burden of proof. It is not possible to test your belief that God is not there except by finalizing your death. Many have purposely finalized their death in suicide thinking they were going to prove there is no God. Do you think they proved it? I think they forced themselves to accept proof that Hell is real and eternal. They may or may not believe it while they are in it, but they will never get out of it.

This stuff is so simple it's funny, but so true it is sad when I think how many people are lost from life into eternal death where only the fire of Hell can justify their existence as rebels against God.
LifeMeansGodIsGood
Posts: 2,744
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2014 8:22:38 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/14/2014 10:19:30 PM, bornofgod wrote:
At 10/14/2014 9:10:48 PM, jh1234lnew wrote:
we atheists do not have the bop because we dont reject there deities we just lack belief in it just like we dont reject unicorns we just lack believe in them therefore the bop is on christian to prove that atheism is wrong theirfore christianity is lie and evil and christians burn good athests on steaks

The BOP lies on our invisible Creator who created everything. Christians and atheists have no idea who God is so it's impossible for them to show proof of our invisible existence within His thoughts.

God has no burden of proof. You can't blame Him if you will not believe He is God and that He loves you.
LostintheEcho1498
Posts: 234
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2014 8:57:21 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/16/2014 7:52:10 PM, DPMartin wrote:
At 10/16/2014 4:53:28 PM, LostintheEcho1498 wrote:
Well, yes and no. We also have to recognize that Atheist is the counter-argument, not just a state of "non-opinion". That is agnostic. Atheist is to have the belief that there is no "otherworldly" or higher beings. Therefore, both are called to answer the BoP. I see many people who are unable to do so on both sides although we both call each other out on it(yes, that would be you Beastt). While we both can call each other out and give our evidence on both sides, the only real change that comes from any of this debate is from ourselves. Everyone on this religion forum seems only interested in two things:
1. Downing/Bashing/Disproving/etc. either Christianity or Atheism.
2. Preaching or trying to convert people to their side.

The problem with both of these positions is that the first is degrading and sometimes just annoying. The other is mainly pointless as we all are just as stubborn as the other. Anyway, I digress. Back to BoP. Christians/Theists hold the BoP to prove to themselves that God/Buddha/etc. is real. The idea of having to prove it to everyone else is bogus. Even if Atheists had proof there is always doubt and within that doubt it will chip away until there is no belief left. As for Atheists, the BoP is also on themselves. They need to prove to themselves that God/etc. does not exist. This idea of proving religion to everyone else is mainly useless unless they are open-minded to what you have to say. Unless that is the case, we are all just spinning our wheels.

Now that you got that off your chest, I don"t necessarily disagree, but you can"t enforce common sense and mutual respect. So you have what you have.

As far as BOP an atheist really doesn"t have to, in my own view I can see they don"t have it, you can"t prove one way or the other physically if spirit exists or not, without spirit. nor can you prove God exists without God being with you. But it would be nice to know what proof they are looking for from lets say, Christianity.

lol sorry if I got off subject. Just a little down and looking at all these religion forums just got me going. Anyway, the proof people are looking for from Atheists is to show that there is a way for their deity/deities to not have any ability to exist. The proof we look for from Christians is to prove the existence of their particular God. Specific proof items I will not go into right now as I am busy and currently procrastinating(caught me).
bornofgod
Posts: 11,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2014 8:16:34 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/16/2014 8:22:38 PM, LifeMeansGodIsGood wrote:
At 10/14/2014 10:19:30 PM, bornofgod wrote:
At 10/14/2014 9:10:48 PM, jh1234lnew wrote:
we atheists do not have the bop because we dont reject there deities we just lack belief in it just like we dont reject unicorns we just lack believe in them therefore the bop is on christian to prove that atheism is wrong theirfore christianity is lie and evil and christians burn good athests on steaks

The BOP lies on our invisible Creator who created everything. Christians and atheists have no idea who God is so it's impossible for them to show proof of our invisible existence within His thoughts.

God has no burden of proof. You can't blame Him if you will not believe He is God and that He loves you.

I speak for Him so I know who to blame for everything that happens.
Mhykiel
Posts: 5,987
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2014 5:03:12 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/14/2014 10:16:08 PM, Beastt wrote:
Not on "Christians", but upon "theists".

They are making a claim contrary to the default conclusion - that the lack of evidence for any suggested concept, supports non-existence, rather than existence.

Theists readily understand this when looking both ways before crossing the street. They're checking for evidence of cross-traffic in their vicinity. And when they find no such evidence, they conclude that it's safe to cross.

But when the same standards are suggested for their deities, they choke and gag on its simplicity, and accuracy.

My "Default Conclusion" was God exists. I had to go out and find evidence to over turn that. I found none.
Beastt
Posts: 5,135
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2014 9:38:04 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/17/2014 5:03:12 PM, Mhykiel wrote:
At 10/14/2014 10:16:08 PM, Beastt wrote:
Not on "Christians", but upon "theists".

They are making a claim contrary to the default conclusion - that the lack of evidence for any suggested concept, supports non-existence, rather than existence.

Theists readily understand this when looking both ways before crossing the street. They're checking for evidence of cross-traffic in their vicinity. And when they find no such evidence, they conclude that it's safe to cross.

But when the same standards are suggested for their deities, they choke and gag on its simplicity, and accuracy.

My "Default Conclusion" was God exists. I had to go out and find evidence to over turn that. I found none.

Upon what obvious objective evidence did you arrive at the conclusion that God exists?

See; this is what you don't get - and have worked so hard to avoid understanding; your "default conclusion", must be based upon the obvious evidence. You can't provide any objective evidence for God, yet you want to claim a "default conclusion" that God exists. That's like boarding a Boeing 747-8 in Los Angeles, stepping off of that plane several hours later in Tokyo, and claiming a default conclusion that the 747 aircraft doesn't exist.

This is why Christians are so ineffective in any attempt at rational debate - they're not rational. You can't even grasp the simple concept that your "default conclusion" isn't based on your emotional whims, but upon the obvious objective evidence. You don't just get to make up whatever default conclusion suits you. You have to show what evidence leads - objectively and honestly - to that conclusion.

And since Christians have repeatedly failed to provide the slightest shred of objective evidence for the existence of God (yet continue to claim they have objective evidence), you CANNOT have a default conclusion that God exists. The default conclusion isn't an elective position. It is reliant upon the evidence - or lack, thereof - not upon the fulfillment of your emotional needs and desires.
"If we believe absurdities we shall commit atrocities." -- Voltaire
bulproof
Posts: 25,171
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2014 9:48:24 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Theists, please provide evidence disproving the existence of fairies?
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Beastt
Posts: 5,135
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2014 9:57:30 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/17/2014 9:48:24 PM, bulproof wrote:
Theists, please provide evidence disproving the existence of fairies?

Yeah, I've tried that too. They just pull the shades over their eyes and try to go around the question with "God is not a fairy", as though that's not a complete evasion of the question, and the reason for the question.

They know.

How could they not know. They're simply too pathetically weak when it comes to dealing with their emotions, to allow themselves to be honest and rational.

No evidence against fairies, Leprechauns, the Flying Pink Unicorn, gremlins, or prognosticating pickles. Evidence for non-existence is as contradictive as asking someone to shine a light on the darkness so that they can see it.

Evidence supports existence, not non-existence.
Non-existence is supported by a lack of evidence, which theists insist we "show them".

Debating with most Christians is like trying to explain to a flat-Earther why the Earth is a spheroid. No matter how conclusive the evidence, they are too emotionally attached to allow themselves to be honest. Being a Christian is a contract you sign with yourself; vowing never to be honest with yourself.
"If we believe absurdities we shall commit atrocities." -- Voltaire
gryephon
Posts: 11
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2014 9:24:46 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
I think it it depends on the atheist. Some atheist claim that God can"t exist for whatever reason (evil, unnecessariness, etc), in this case they do have the BOP. However there are some atheist that are a little bit more agnostic, and just simply lack a belief in God. In this case, atheism seems more like non-theism.

When Christians are saying that the burden of proof is on atheism, they"re talking about the traditional meaning of atheism where as you believe that there are no Gods (not just the lack of belief). Which is why it can be sometimes confusing.
bulproof
Posts: 25,171
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2014 10:02:56 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/18/2014 9:24:46 AM, gryephon wrote:
I think it it depends on the atheist. Some atheist claim that God can"t exist for whatever reason (evil, unnecessariness, etc), in this case they do have the BOP. However there are some atheist that are a little bit more agnostic, and just simply lack a belief in God. In this case, atheism seems more like non-theism.

When Christians are saying that the burden of proof is on atheism, they"re talking about the traditional meaning of atheism where as you believe that there are no Gods (not just the lack of belief). Which is why it can be sometimes confusing.

Here is the thing.

Theists claim that gods exist.
Atheists reject their claim.
In order to support the theist claim all they need do is provide evidence that supports their claim.
Off ya go!!!
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
gryephon
Posts: 11
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2014 12:12:38 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/18/2014 10:02:56 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 10/18/2014 9:24:46 AM, gryephon wrote:
I think it it depends on the atheist. Some atheist claim that God can"t exist for whatever reason (evil, unnecessariness, etc), in this case they do have the BOP. However there are some atheist that are a little bit more agnostic, and just simply lack a belief in God. In this case, atheism seems more like non-theism.

When Christians are saying that the burden of proof is on atheism, they"re talking about the traditional meaning of atheism where as you believe that there are no Gods (not just the lack of belief). Which is why it can be sometimes confusing.

Here is the thing.

Theists claim that gods exist.
Atheists reject their claim.
In order to support the theist claim all they need do is provide evidence that supports their claim.
Off ya go!!!

This maybe true in some contexts , but certainly not all.

I'm not arguing that theists doesn't have any BOP (some brands of theism do), i'm responding if athiest have the BOP, i'm saying some do. There are some shrewd atheist that say that they merely lack a belief in God in the sense of saying "I don't know if God exists or not", but this is not the only brand of atheism, there are some atheist that do believe God cannot exist. If an atheist states that God cannot exist he has the BOP to prove that God doesn't exist.

In my mind I think that this brand of atheism is foolish compared to the other position where your just basically saying that "I don't know if God exists".
Mhykiel
Posts: 5,987
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2014 11:36:48 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/17/2014 9:57:30 PM, Beastt wrote:
At 10/17/2014 9:48:24 PM, bulproof wrote:
Theists, please provide evidence disproving the existence of fairies?

Yeah, I've tried that too. They just pull the shades over their eyes and try to go around the question with "God is not a fairy", as though that's not a complete evasion of the question, and the reason for the question.

They know.

How could they not know. They're simply too pathetically weak when it comes to dealing with their emotions, to allow themselves to be honest and rational.

No evidence against fairies, Leprechauns, the Flying Pink Unicorn, gremlins, or prognosticating pickles. Evidence for non-existence is as contradictive as asking someone to shine a light on the darkness so that they can see it.

Evidence supports existence, not non-existence.
Non-existence is supported by a lack of evidence, which theists insist we "show them".

Debating with most Christians is like trying to explain to a flat-Earther why the Earth is a spheroid. No matter how conclusive the evidence, they are too emotionally attached to allow themselves to be honest. Being a Christian is a contract you sign with yourself; vowing never to be honest with yourself.

I've provided a logic argument that discounts faeries as existing.

What you fail to do is take thee example and apply it to God. Giving an alternate logical argument of why god does not exist.