Jump to topic:

Believers: Define "God"

GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2010 1:21:27 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Define God, the God that you believe in.

"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2010 1:23:59 PM
Describe your God as well.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2010 1:25:34 PM
At 4/15/2010 1:23:59 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

I think that's kinda the same thing aint it...
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2010 1:28:55 PM
At 4/15/2010 1:25:34 PM, mattrodstrom wrote:
At 4/15/2010 1:23:59 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

I think that's kinda the same thing aint it...

No, because otherwise Ill get the usual definition such as omnipotent, omnibenevolent, omniscient, greatest conceivable being, etc.

I want a description such as what form does it take, where is it, does it have a personality, etc.
-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat
Freeman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2010 6:28:56 PM
At 4/15/2010 1:21:27 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

God is the mental projection of human desires into an anthropomorphic persona that exists within the consciousness of the species of animal known as homo sapiens. That is the God I believe in.
Chancellor of Propaganda and Foreign Relations in the Franklin administration.

"I intend to live forever. So far, so good." -- Steven Wright
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2010 1:33:45 AM
At 4/15/2010 6:28:56 PM, Freeman wrote:

God is the mental projection of human desires into an anthropomorphic persona that exists within the consciousness of the species of animal known as homo sapiens. That is the God I believe in.

That would be my answer.
-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat
Tlhedglin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2010 2:13:26 AM

Well, I do not believe anything is a "God", but I do believe in the existence of some things people have worshiped at one time or another(E.G. Sun, the Universe, etc...)
Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2010 8:07:17 AM
when asked to give a name to define himself by moses, he responded with a name that translates
"I-shall-be that I-shall-be."
http://en.wikipedia.org...

So whatever he wants to be is what he is. Some suggest that gods since of humor coming out as way of telling moses, 'I dont have explain myself to you' as apparently back then they thought knowing a name of spiritual being gave them power over them. And of course God is not something you can have power over.
One act of Rebellion created all the darkness and evil in the world; One life of Total Obedience created a path back to eternity and God.

A Scout is Obedient.
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2010 8:13:31 AM
"I AM, THAT I AM"

(I am also, conscious, benevolent, all powerful, wrathful, bigoted, and restless enough to make stuff)
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."