Jump to topic:

Butt prints in the sand.

Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2010 1:32:46 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
you may have heard the footprints in the sand poem. this is a parady on that by Justin Lookadoo.

One night I had a wondrous dream,
One set of footprints there was seen,
The footprints of my precious Lord,
But mine were not along the shore.
But then some stranger prints appeared,
And I asked the Lord, "What have we here?"
Those prints are large and round and neat,
"But Lord they are too big for feet."

"My child," He said in somber tones,
"For miles I carried you alone.
I challenged you to walk in faith,
But you refused and made me wait."

"You disobeyed, you would not grow,
The walk of faith, you would not know.
So I got tired, I got fed up,
and there I dropped you on your butt."

"Because in life, there comes a time,
when one must fight, and one must climb.
When one must rise and take a stand,
or leave their butt prints in the sand."
One act of Rebellion created all the darkness and evil in the world; One life of Total Obedience created a path back to eternity and God.

A Scout is Obedient.
Tamikajones
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2010 3:13:17 PM
At 4/15/2010 2:50:53 PM, omelet wrote:
http://mittyzx.files.wordpress.com...
: At 4/21/2010 5:49:24 PM, banker wrote:
: Mirza at least no one is misunderstanding santa...!!
:
:Hitler had sexual issues just like muhammud..!!
lastrequest691
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2010 7:15:35 PM
That was a very nice poem and it is based on facts.
God will leave you all by yourself sometimes but you got to fight against Him just like Jacob.
"That song was absolutely waste of talent; you sounded like a wounded animal and who told you to play the guitar by yourself." Simon Cowell
belle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2010 10:54:29 PM
At 4/15/2010 7:15:35 PM, lastrequest691 wrote:
God will leave you all by yourself sometimes but you got to fight against Him just like Jacob.

in order to be saved you have to wrestle? o.O
evidently i only come to ddo to avoid doing homework...
Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2010 8:21:25 AM
At 4/15/2010 10:54:29 PM, belle wrote:

yes, sorta; debends on exactly what your reffering by the word saved. Because of people like DACTMOTO its become common to think that term only in reference to eternal judgement to heaven or hell.
But saved from sin in that you let yourself be enslaved to it no longer, wrestling, even with God himself, is necessary.

I had the biggest trouble with the wrestleing concept for a while along with the concept of prayer on the same grounds, that it seemed kind of aragant to do such a thing. I already know what god wants is correct over whatever i think so by proxy would agree with god that way, or that how can I pray something when god already knows what needs done or what is best to be done?
But in doing that, I was assuming gods responses. He will just say no to that. But I have to let god say know. And I also have let him tell me I'm wrong by wrestling with him, rather than assume I'm wrong without understanding why.

Thats some of the reasons for wrestling god, not all of them but some.
One act of Rebellion created all the darkness and evil in the world; One life of Total Obedience created a path back to eternity and God.

A Scout is Obedient.
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2010 8:24:37 AM
At 4/16/2010 8:21:25 AM, Marauder wrote:

yes, sorta; debends on exactly what your reffering by the word saved. Because of people like DACTMOTO its become common to think that term only in reference to eternal judgement to heaven or hell.
But saved from sin in that you let yourself be enslaved to it no longer, wrestling, even with God himself, is necessary.

I had the biggest trouble with the wrestleing concept for a while along with the concept of prayer on the same grounds, that it seemed kind of aragant to do such a thing. I already know what god wants is correct over whatever i think so by proxy would agree with god that way, or that how can I pray something when god already knows what needs done or what is best to be done?
But in doing that, I was assuming gods responses. He will just say no to that. But I have to let god say know. And I also have let him tell me I'm wrong by wrestling with him, rather than assume I'm wrong without understanding why.

All Satan wanted to do was wrestle too maurader... you better watch yourself.

Satan too wasn't content to "assume he, himself, was wrong without understanding why"
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2010 8:24:49 AM
I guess it would be appropiate to give a link to the poem the one I put paradeis on this thread
http://www.footprints-inthe-sand.com...

move your mouse around the page and see what happens!

A Scout is Obedient.
Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2010 5:15:52 PM
At 4/16/2010 8:24:37 AM, mattrodstrom wrote:
At 4/16/2010 8:21:25 AM, Marauder wrote:

All Satan wanted to do was wrestle too maurader... you better watch yourself.

Satan too wasn't content to "assume he, himself, was wrong without understanding why"

Thier is a difference in how one acts until they learn how their wrong in satans case. Satan doesnt wrestle with the intention of haveing a broken spirit and contrite heart, Jacob did.

dont hide your contentions from god cause you know he's the right one to start with, and dont assume you know what god say's is right. But dont forget you cannot win against god. play to lose, not win. in this case.

A Scout is Obedient.
DontBeRacist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2010 5:46:52 PM
At 4/16/2010 8:24:49 AM, Marauder wrote:
I guess it would be appropiate to give a link to the poem the one I put paradeis on this thread

Nothing happened. Good trick QQ
Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2010 8:29:23 AM
At 4/17/2010 5:46:52 PM, DontBeRacist wrote:
At 4/16/2010 8:24:49 AM, Marauder wrote:

Nothing happened. Good trick QQ

feetprint dont follow your mouse around the page or the link failed? its working fine on my computer

A Scout is Obedient.
Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2010 7:36:49 AM
if it doesnt still work Ill just copy and paste it hear.

One night I dreamed I was walking along the beach with the Lord.
Many scenes from my life flashed across the sky.
In each scene I noticed footprints in the sand.
Sometimes there were two sets of footprints,
other times there were one set of footprints.

This bothered me because I noticed
that during the low periods of my life,
when I was suffering from
anguish, sorrow or defeat,
I could see only one set of footprints.

So I said to the Lord,
"You promised me Lord,
that if I followed you,
you would walk with me always.
But I have noticed that during
the most trying periods of my life
there have only been one
set of footprints in the sand.
Why, when I needed you most,
you have not been there for me?"

The Lord replied,
"The times when you have
seen only one set of footprints in the sand,
is when I carried you."

A Scout is Obedient.