Jump to topic:

Discrimination against Messianic Jews

Truth_seeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2014 9:53:14 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
So i hear discrimination in the Christian church towards messianic Jews. Although i am a non-denominational Christian, i do not support discrimination against any kind. They are brothers and sisters in Jesus as well. I agree with alot of things in messianic theology, but that comes from having an open mind. Do you have any stories of discrimination?
ObamasM0mma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2014 1:33:49 PM
i don't know why christians would discriminate against messianic jews. Since messianic jews are actually a christian organization that's only real purpose is to convert jews to christianity. Since all other methods to convert them failed they decided to try and infiltrate jews to try and convert them. calling themselves jews but at the same time pushing christianity on to the real jews. Its a rather desperate and dishonest way to go.
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2014 7:39:19 PM
At 12/9/2014 1:33:49 PM, ObamasM0mma wrote:
i don't know why christians would discriminate against messianic jews. Since messianic jews are actually a christian organization that's only real purpose is to convert jews to christianity. Since all other methods to convert them failed they decided to try and infiltrate jews to try and convert them. calling themselves jews but at the same time pushing christianity on to the real jews. Its a rather desperate and dishonest way to go.

Messianic Jews are simply Jewish Christians. That is, they practice things like circumcision and not eating pork.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
Gentorev
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2014 7:52:46 PM
At 10/18/2014 9:53:14 AM, Truth_seeker wrote:
So i hear discrimination in the Christian church towards messianic Jews. Although i am a non-denominational Christian, i do not support discrimination against any kind. They are brothers and sisters in Jesus as well. I agree with alot of things in messianic theology, but that comes from having an open mind. Do you have any stories of discrimination?

Can we find anywhere in the NT, an indicator as to who the Jewish Messiah is?
ObamasM0mma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2014 6:11:46 AM
At 12/9/2014 7:52:46 PM, Gentorev wrote:

The jewish messiah hasn't come yet. Jesus doesn't qualify according to the Torah (5 books of Moses) he hasn't done anything the messiah is required to do, aswell as christianity doing many things that are forbidden by torah. like worshiping the created over the creator, abolishing gods laws and statutes, combining the works of man with the Torah (new testement) is also very clearly forbidden by god.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2014 12:22:47 PM
Posted: 1 year ago

The problem is that, in common with all who do not worship Gpod in teh right nway, that God does discriminate against all Jews, Mesianic or not.

The onyl way to escape such discrimination is to be come a true and active supporter of teh only Messiah we will ever have or need, God's sopn, Jesus Christ.

Of course finding the right group is where the challenge really comes in, and there can only be one.

There is only one True God, and therefore only one true way of worshipping him. And he has set the rules.

It is all very well having an open mind, but it is too open? scripture speaks against having too open a mind as much as it does against having a completely closed one.

Song of Songs 8:8-9
ASV(i) 8 We have a little sister, And she hath no breasts: What shall we do for our sister In the day when she shall be spoken for? 9 If she be a wall, We will build upon her a turret of silver: And if she be a door, We will inclose her with boards of cedar.

Was she a wall? Firmly resloved and resistant to false ideas, or was she a door? constantly opening and closing to every new treaching admitting everything in indiscriminately.

Keep your "door" ajar peering out through the crack, or even closed, but never, ever locked and sealed or you will learn nothign.
Gentorev
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2014 6:52:06 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/10/2014 6:11:46 AM, ObamasM0mma wrote:
At 12/9/2014 7:52:46 PM, Gentorev wrote:

The jewish messiah hasn't come yet. Jesus doesn't qualify according to the Torah (5 books of Moses) he hasn't done anything the messiah is required to do, aswell as christianity doing many things that are forbidden by torah. like worshiping the created over the creator, abolishing gods laws and statutes, combining the works of man with the Torah (new testement) is also very clearly forbidden by god.

Correct! Enoch who was carried to God and translated in order that he should not experience death, was in the valley of the earth for three days, or three periods of one thousand years, until he was brought to perfection and seen in his chosen servant, "The man Jesus". who was filled with his spirit.

From the book of Jubilees 4: 30; "And Adam lacked seventy years of one thousand years; for one thousand years are as one day in the testimony of the heavens and therefore was it written concerning the tree of knowledge: "On the day that ye eat thereof ye shall die." For this reason he did not complete the years of this day; for he died during it."

Elijah, who was carried upward in a whirl wind of fire to stand before the face of Enoch, has now been in the valley of man for three days or three periods of one thousand years also.

Jesus fulfilled the words of the Lord who spoke through him, saying: "He who believes on me and dies, yet shall he live again." And in John 14: 30; He says: "I cannot talk to you much longer, because (Death) the ruler of this world is coming. He has no power over me, but the world must know that I love the Father; that is why I do everything he commands me."

Elijah will fulfil the rest of what the Lord had said through his servant Jesus, which was: "But he who believes in me and lives, shall never die."

Elijah is the true Messiah, and he will quicken (Translate) his chosen host body, in which he will reveal himself to the world.

Jesus reveals that Elijah is the Son of Man, who is still to come, when speaking of John the Baptist, who came in the power of Elijah.

Mark 9: 12; where he says: "Elijah is indeed coming first in order to get everything ready." Here Jesus is talking of a time in the future, he then continues: "Yet why do the scriptures say that the Son of Man, will suffer much and be rejected? I tell you however, that Elijah=John the Baptist has already come and that people treated him just as they pleased, as the scriptures say about him." "HIM" being Elijah the Messiah.

According to one school of thought Enoch was taken by God and transformed into Metatron, The Zohar calls Metatron "the Youth", identifies him as the angel that led the people of Israel through the wilderness after their exodus from Egypt, and describes him as a heavenly priest.

Metatron is also mentioned in the Pseudepigrapha, most prominently in the Hebrew Book of Enoch (also called Third Enoch), in which his grand title, "the lesser YHVH" resurfaces. According to Johann Eisenmenger, Metatron transmits the daily orders of God to the angels Gabriel and Sammael. Metatron is often identified as being the twin brother to Sandalphon, who is said to have been the prophet Elijah.

Sandalphon is an archangel in Jewish and Christian writings. Sandalphon figures prominently in the mystical literary traditions of Rabbinic Judaism and early Christianity, notably in the Midrash, Talmud, and Kabbalah.

Sandalphron and Metatron are post human angels, Metatron is the name that was given to Enoch after he had been translated from a body of corruptible matter into a glorious body of incorruptible light, and Sandalphron, who is erroneously thought by some to be Metatron"s twin, is in fact Elijah"s angelic name after he was carried up to stand before Enoch and was also transfigured.