Are Catholic Christian?

Beastt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2014 2:55:31 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Yes, of course they are.

There are over 38,000 different denominations under the umbrella of Christianity - each one proclaiming greater understanding of the Bible than the rest, and most (if not all), claiming the Holy Spirit has bestowed upon them a superior understanding of the Bible.

It would seem that the Holy Spirit is either non-existent, a trickster or very confused.
"If we believe absurdities we shall commit atrocities." -- Voltaire
12_13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2014 10:07:25 AM
At 10/18/2014 10:07:57 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
I do not know what to think.

Anyone could call himself a Christian, because all can make own definitions for the word.

However, according to the Bible, Christian was originally epithet for disciples of Jesus. In my opinion Christians that think they are disciples of Jesus should reject the name Christian and be just disciples of Jesus, because that is well defined in the Bible.

Jesus therefore said to those Jews who had believed him, "If you remain in my word, then you are truly my disciples. You will know the truth, and the truth will make you free."
John 8:31-32
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2014 10:11:33 AM
At 10/19/2014 10:07:25 AM, 12_13 wrote:
At 10/18/2014 10:07:57 PM, SitaraMusica wrote:
I do not know what to think.

Anyone could call himself a Christian, because all can make own definitions for the word.

However, according to the Bible, Christian was originally epithet for disciples of Jesus. In my opinion Christians that think they are disciples of Jesus should reject the name Christian and be just disciples of Jesus, because that is well defined in the Bible.

Jesus therefore said to those Jews who had believed him, "If you remain in my word, then you are truly my disciples. You will know the truth, and the truth will make you free."
John 8:31-32

Who made the bible the final arbiter on who is or is not a christian?

You people continue to make the claim that you have no support for.

Is it because you have no support for your god?

Likewise you have no support for your claim that the bible is the word of your unsupportable god?
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2014 10:15:57 AM
And just BTW, the bible you claim is the be all and end all is the production of the Catholics, regardless of any false history you wish to present.

So if the bible is the final arbiter and the Catholics produced it under god's guidance then any claim that Catholics are not christians would be absolute Heresy according to your god.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Thanksfornotraping
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2014 10:16:06 AM
As a recovering Catholic, I can assure you Catholics think they are Christian but their actions almost always prove otherwise...