Total Posts:54|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Religion's Importance in Life

Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2014 11:33:28 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
How important is your religion in the direction and everyday of your life? Is there a degree of safety, hope, and general well-being that you associate with the fact that you are religious? Write down your religion here if you will.
frbnsn
Posts: 353
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2014 3:47:42 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/20/2014 11:33:28 PM, Mirza wrote:
How important is your religion in the direction and everyday of your life? Is there a degree of safety, hope, and general well-being that you associate with the fact that you are religious? Write down your religion here if you will.

According to me, to be religious is the most important thing in life. Because religion is the way to God and first of all, human is responsible to God, what God, the creature of all things, decrees us, we have to do!
I am surprised with other people who live recklessly as if God was not exists!
bulproof
Posts: 25,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2014 6:25:46 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/21/2014 3:47:42 AM, frbnsn wrote:
At 10/20/2014 11:33:28 PM, Mirza wrote:
How important is your religion in the direction and everyday of your life? Is there a degree of safety, hope, and general well-being that you associate with the fact that you are religious? Write down your religion here if you will.

According to me, to be religious is the most important thing in life. Because religion is the way to God and first of all, human is responsible to God, what God, the creature of all things, decrees us, we have to do!
I am surprised with other people who live recklessly as if God was not exists!

WHY??
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
frbnsn
Posts: 353
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2014 4:16:41 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/21/2014 6:25:46 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 10/21/2014 3:47:42 AM, frbnsn wrote:
At 10/20/2014 11:33:28 PM, Mirza wrote:
How important is your religion in the direction and everyday of your life? Is there a degree of safety, hope, and general well-being that you associate with the fact that you are religious? Write down your religion here if you will.

According to me, to be religious is the most important thing in life. Because religion is the way to God and first of all, human is responsible to God, what God, the creature of all things, decrees us, we have to do!
I am surprised with other people who live recklessly as if God was not exists!


WHY??

Sorry bulproof, I forgot to say that I didn't mean nonbelievers.
In fact, I can't understand atheist persons, because there are a lot of things which are miracles around us.
bulproof
Posts: 25,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2014 5:15:52 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/21/2014 3:47:42 AM, frbnsn wrote:
God, what God, the creature of all things, decrees us, we have to do!

What does god decree and how do you know?
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Adam_Godzilla
Posts: 2,487
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2014 5:51:55 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/20/2014 11:33:28 PM, Mirza wrote:
How important is your religion in the direction and everyday of your life? Is there a degree of safety, hope, and general well-being that you associate with the fact that you are religious? Write down your religion here if you will.

Religion isnt important to me. But faith in a higher purpose does. It helps me stay sane when things get crazy bad. And it helps me move on in life when insane stuff happens.
New episode of OUTSIDERS: http://www.debate.org...
Episode 4 - They walk among us
SNP1
Posts: 2,403
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2014 10:32:53 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/22/2014 5:15:52 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 10/21/2014 3:47:42 AM, frbnsn wrote:
God, what God, the creature of all things, decrees us, we have to do!

What does god decree and how do you know?

Please stay on topic, do not derail threads. Thank you.
#TheApatheticNihilistPartyofAmerica
#WarOnDDO
SNP1
Posts: 2,403
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2014 10:36:59 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/20/2014 11:33:28 PM, Mirza wrote:

Well, I am not religious, but I think that it would be interesting to see the view of some atheists.

How important is your religion in the direction and everyday of your life?

Atheism is both really important, yet completely unimportant.

The reason that it is important is because of how many politicians seem to want to violate Church and State separation. How many people go around on the streets and yell at people that they will burn in hell.

The reason it is unimportant is because... it doesn't really impact my life. Similarly to how not believing in fairies doesn't impact the lives of people.

Is there a degree of safety, hope, and general well-being that you associate with the fact that you are religious?

N/A
#TheApatheticNihilistPartyofAmerica
#WarOnDDO
bornofgod
Posts: 11,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2014 4:53:53 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/22/2014 10:32:53 AM, SNP1 wrote:
At 10/22/2014 5:15:52 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 10/21/2014 3:47:42 AM, frbnsn wrote:
God, what God, the creature of all things, decrees us, we have to do!

What does god decree and how do you know?

Please stay on topic, do not derail threads. Thank you.

frbnsn started this derailment with this statement;
I am surprised with other people who live recklessly as if God was not exists!

bullproof simply asked "Why".

If you plan on being an Ambassador in this forum, you better go to the first person who derails the thread instead of picking on someone you do not like. I knew this would start happening before you self-righteous one's formed a group and elevated yourselves above the rest of the forum members.

If you can't judge fairly, I'll be right behind you to show you how it's done.
mortsdor
Posts: 1,181
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2014 5:13:28 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Mirza,
How important is your religion in the direction and everyday of your life?

Is there a degree of safety, hope, and general well-being that you associate with the fact that you are religious?

Write down your religion here if you will. (Hint: it begins with an M )

Additionally I would be interested in knowing the degree to which you (and other responders) identify with particular sets of scriptures, or Particular collections of religious dogma/interpretation, including a reference of what that scripture/source of dogma includes.
(example: a particular book of the bible, the whole bible, a particular author of Hadith, the work of a particular religious philosopher, etc..)
mortsdor
Posts: 1,181
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2014 5:17:49 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/22/2014 10:32:53 AM, SNP1 wrote:
Don't ask Questions I don't like!

I'm with the thought police, I mean the police, I mean I'm an ambassador to the truth of the prophet, I mean god, I mean religion, I mean I'm an ambassador to DDO's religion forum..

wow, that's complicated.

Why do you believe in God? o.O ?
mortsdor
Posts: 1,181
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2014 5:20:26 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/22/2014 10:32:53 AM, SNP1 wrote:
At 10/22/2014 5:15:52 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 10/21/2014 3:47:42 AM, frbnsn wrote:
God, what God, the creature of all things, decrees us, we have to do!

What does god decree and how do you know?

Please stay on topic, do not derail threads. Thank you.

It is "debate".org right...

if you don't want people asking why people claim what they do.. GTFO ;)
mortsdor
Posts: 1,181
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2014 5:24:09 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/22/2014 10:32:53 AM, SNP1 wrote:

eh, ok.. I see, you're not religious.. but still

GTFO
SNP1
Posts: 2,403
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2014 6:11:34 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/22/2014 5:20:26 PM, mortsdor wrote:
At 10/22/2014 10:32:53 AM, SNP1 wrote:
At 10/22/2014 5:15:52 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 10/21/2014 3:47:42 AM, frbnsn wrote:
God, what God, the creature of all things, decrees us, we have to do!

What does god decree and how do you know?

Please stay on topic, do not derail threads. Thank you.


It is "debate".org right...

if you don't want people asking why people claim what they do.. GTFO ;)

People can ask questions, I am not saying to not do that. I am saying that the question asked does not have much relevance to the OP, and thus is off topic.
#TheApatheticNihilistPartyofAmerica
#WarOnDDO
mortsdor
Posts: 1,181
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2014 6:18:31 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/22/2014 6:11:34 PM, SNP1 wrote:
People can ask questions, I am not saying to not do that. I am saying that the question asked does not have much relevance to the OP, and thus is off topic.

It had direct relevance to the post it was in response to.

This is a warning. Next time you engage in such a fcking annoying manner there will be an inquiry, and the panel will decide whether or not to appeal for the mod to make you GTFO.
SNP1
Posts: 2,403
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2014 6:24:48 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/22/2014 6:18:31 PM, mortsdor wrote:
At 10/22/2014 6:11:34 PM, SNP1 wrote:
People can ask questions, I am not saying to not do that. I am saying that the question asked does not have much relevance to the OP, and thus is off topic.

It had direct relevance to the post it was in response to.

But not to the OP, the topic of the thread.

This is a warning. Next time you engage in such a fcking annoying manner there will be an inquiry, and the panel will decide whether or not to appeal for the mod to make you GTFO.

If you have any problems, address them directly in a polite manner, and list specific issues.
#TheApatheticNihilistPartyofAmerica
#WarOnDDO
mortsdor
Posts: 1,181
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2014 6:25:06 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
It had direct relevance to the post it was in response to.

Which was itself in response to the OP.
if you're cutting short off topic debate your drawing the line rather close to the source..

ESPECIALLY since the OP makes no mention of anything to be Debated.
so basically you're saying no arguing just share your feelings as Mirza asks.

I have no problems with people responding genuinely to the thread to share their personal stories of religion.

I also have no problem with people genuinely trying to engage with those who respond to discuss what they bring up in response to Mirza's request.

As I said, this site is about such discussion, argument, debate...
you're being fcking annoying.
mortsdor
Posts: 1,181
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2014 6:28:46 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/22/2014 6:24:48 PM, SNP1 wrote:
address them directly in a polite manner

To a copper with a light touch, who only steps in when relevant and necessary... certainly.

To you, not a chance.
mortsdor
Posts: 1,181
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2014 6:37:42 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/22/2014 10:32:53 AM, SNP1 wrote:
At 10/22/2014 5:15:52 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 10/21/2014 3:47:42 AM, frbnsn wrote:
God, what God, the creature of all things, decrees us, we have to do!

What does god decree and how do you know?

: Please stay on topic, do not derail threads. Thank you.


At 10/22/2014 10:36:59 AM, SNP1 wrote:
At 10/20/2014 11:33:28 PM, Mirza wrote:

Well, I am not religious, but I think that it would be interesting to see the view of some atheists.

How important is your religion in the direction and everyday of your life?

Atheism is both really important, yet completely unimportant.

yeah, OP didn't ask about whether atheism's important in your life Jackass.
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2014 6:40:11 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/22/2014 5:13:28 PM, mortsdor wrote:
Mirza,
How important is your religion in the direction and everyday of your life?

Is there a degree of safety, hope, and general well-being that you associate with the fact that you are religious?

Write down your religion here if you will. (Hint: it begins with an M )
I responded in a similar thread to this one: [http://www.debate.org...]

Additionally I would be interested in knowing the degree to which you (and other responders) identify with particular sets of scriptures, or Particular collections of religious dogma/interpretation, including a reference of what that scripture/source of dogma includes.
(example: a particular book of the bible, the whole bible, a particular author of Hadith, the work of a particular religious philosopher, etc..)
I accept the entirety of the Quran, as that is a requirement for being a Muslim. Authentic hadith are also accepted, for if they are authentic, then they must be regarded as true words of the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him). The Bible shares similarities with the Quran, and it is thus not wrong to believe in parts that are not in conflict with Islamic philosophy and teachings. The Psalms are probably the closest in terms of style and message to the Quran from among the Biblical books, hence its message is something I accept in general terms.
bladerunner060
Posts: 7,126
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2014 6:45:47 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/22/2014 6:37:42 PM, mortsdor wrote:
At 10/22/2014 10:32:53 AM, SNP1 wrote:
At 10/22/2014 5:15:52 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 10/21/2014 3:47:42 AM, frbnsn wrote:
God, what God, the creature of all things, decrees us, we have to do!

What does god decree and how do you know?

: Please stay on topic, do not derail threads. Thank you.


At 10/22/2014 10:36:59 AM, SNP1 wrote:
At 10/20/2014 11:33:28 PM, Mirza wrote:

Well, I am not religious, but I think that it would be interesting to see the view of some atheists.

How important is your religion in the direction and everyday of your life?

Atheism is both really important, yet completely unimportant.

yeah, OP didn't ask about whether atheism's important in your life Jackass.

Stop. You aren't contributing here, and you are flatly wrong in several ways. You've also violated the conduct policy in your "threats" to SNP1, as empty as they are.

Please stop this. Now.
Assistant moderator to airmax1227. PM me with any questions or concerns!
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2014 6:47:56 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
mortsdor [And every other participant], Please use a civil tone. I can assure you that being overly rude and insulting neither does you nor the person you are addressing any good; and, it diminishes the quality of a thread.
mortsdor
Posts: 1,181
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2014 6:54:48 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/22/2014 6:40:11 PM, Mirza wrote:
I accept the entirety of the Quran, as that is a requirement for being a Muslim.

uh, oh.. with comments like that I think we're getting a touch off topic here...
screw it though, I suppose I just don't care what thatguy says..
so I'll respond to that with what I'm actually thinking.

- - -

At 10/22/2014 6:40:11 PM, Mirza wrote:
I accept the entirety of the Quran, as that is a requirement for being a Muslim.

Surely, you're not saying you're a Muslim and therefore, for that reason, accept the Quran..
Instead, Since you accept the Quran, you'd call yourself a Muslim.. Right?

Have you always considered yourself a muslim?

Have you ever had the slightest of doubts that the Quran might not be Completely valid? (doubts which you've now worked through, so as to accept the Quran completely?)
Or have you always accepted the Quran 100% without the slightest of doubts?

If you've ever (previously) harbored any measure of doubt about it's complete validity.. would you say that You weren't a Muslim at that time since you didn't Accept the Quran completely?
mortsdor
Posts: 1,181
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2014 6:57:49 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/22/2014 6:45:47 PM, bladerunner060 wrote:
Stop. You aren't contributing here, and you are flatly wrong in several ways. You've also violated the conduct policy in your "threats" to SNP1, as empty as they are.

Please stop this. Now.

Threats?
lol, like ban-committes? only those same threats ones which he implicitly leveled as the given poster by responding in the fashion he did, given his shiny new title of Religious Forum Police.

and as to contribution I'd say I've done more in the way of contributing to this thread than either you or snp1
bladerunner060
Posts: 7,126
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2014 7:03:31 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/22/2014 6:57:49 PM, mortsdor wrote:
At 10/22/2014 6:45:47 PM, bladerunner060 wrote:
Stop. You aren't contributing here, and you are flatly wrong in several ways. You've also violated the conduct policy in your "threats" to SNP1, as empty as they are.

Please stop this. Now.

Threats?
lol, like ban-committes? only those same threats ones which he implicitly leveled as the given poster by responding in the fashion he did, given his shiny new title of Religious Forum Police.

and as to contribution I'd say I've done more in the way of contributing to this thread than either you or snp1

The difference is quite stark, mortsdor. First, he was GIVEN the title of Ambassador--one you are choosing to call something else only in an attempt to smear. Thus, whether he's using that ability correctly is certainly up for debate. You, however, have no such ability. Second, there was no threat. You, by contrast, explicitly threatened.

And what you've contributed so far is inappropriate behavior.

Please stop. Now.
Assistant moderator to airmax1227. PM me with any questions or concerns!
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2014 7:08:20 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/22/2014 6:54:48 PM, mortsdor wrote:
Surely, you're not saying you're a Muslim and therefore, for that reason, accept the Quran..
Instead, Since you accept the Quran, you'd call yourself a Muslim.. Right?
Correct. I am a Muslim because I have accepted the Quran. If I were to reject it, I would not call myself a Muslim.

Have you always considered yourself a muslim?
Yes.

Have you ever had the slightest of doubts that the Quran might not be Completely valid? (doubts which you've now worked through, so as to accept the Quran completely?)
Or have you always accepted the Quran 100% without the slightest of doubts?
I have pondered over certain messages, but have not rejected them. Being uncertain in one's understanding of the meaning of a message does not necessarily lead one to rejecting it altogether.

If you've ever (previously) harbored any measure of doubt about it's complete validity.. would you say that You weren't a Muslim at that time since you didn't Accept the Quran completely?
If I had done that then perhaps I would have entered the realm of disbelief. One must accept the Quranic message, and there are no attachments to that. Should one, however, be confused, or lack understanding, then one should resort to his Faith and accept the truth in spite of not fully understanding it. I must further add that it is God, not other people, who judge whether or not someone is a Muslim, unless the subject is rejecting crystal clear pillars of Faith, such as the condition of believing in the Oneness of God.
mortsdor
Posts: 1,181
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2014 7:10:11 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/22/2014 7:03:31 PM, bladerunner060 wrote:
The difference is quite stark, mortsdor. First, he was GIVEN the title of Ambassador--one you are choosing to call *what I originally named it.

Indeed, Perhaps I think the original name is more apt.

I suppose you can consider this preferred naming convention as containing a commentary upon the nature of the role... though, in fact, it was probably more evoked by the manner in which he's gone about his role.

Thus, whether he's using that ability correctly is certainly up for debate.
ok...

You, however, have no such ability.
o rlly ? I can't appeal to the Mod to ban annoying people? o.O

Second, there was no threat. You, by contrast, explicitly threatened.
lol

And what you've contributed so far is inappropriate behavior.

Please stop. Now.
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2014 7:12:19 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
mortsdor, I will not continue our discussion if you do not immediately do as told, namely to stop with that behavior. There is no need for it, period. If you are interested in further talk, I'll gladly oblige you continue. Only if you are civil to everyone, however.