Total Posts:93|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Religion

12_13
Posts: 1,364
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2014 11:14:40 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/21/2014 7:17:53 AM, Tweka wrote:
What is your actual religion and how does it affect your life.

Not dollar or Mother Earth (= Evolution).

I consider myself as a disciple of Jesus. I think that is not religion.
Tweka
Posts: 129
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2014 8:55:12 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/21/2014 11:14:40 AM, 12_13 wrote:
At 10/21/2014 7:17:53 AM, Tweka wrote:
What is your actual religion and how does it affect your life.

Not dollar or Mother Earth (= Evolution).

I consider myself as a disciple of Jesus. I think that is not religion.

Jesus has said
"If anyone comes to me and does not hate his own father and mother and wife and children and brothers and sisters, yes, and even his own life, he cannot be my disciples."
- Luke 14:26
Beastt
Posts: 5,135
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2014 9:03:09 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/21/2014 11:14:40 AM, 12_13 wrote:
At 10/21/2014 7:17:53 AM, Tweka wrote:
What is your actual religion and how does it affect your life.

Not dollar or Mother Earth (= Evolution).

I consider myself as a disciple of Jesus. I think that is not religion.

Given that we have nothing taught by Jesus (and lack even the confirmation that he existed), how does one engage in being his disciple?

And yes, when you worship a god or deity, try to follow implied "teachings", and claim to be a follower of that god or deity, you DO have a "religion".
"If we believe absurdities we shall commit atrocities." -- Voltaire
Tweka
Posts: 129
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2014 10:30:24 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/21/2014 9:03:09 PM, Beastt wrote:
At 10/21/2014 11:14:40 AM, 12_13 wrote:
At 10/21/2014 7:17:53 AM, Tweka wrote:
What is your actual religion and how does it affect your life.

Not dollar or Mother Earth (= Evolution).

I consider myself as a disciple of Jesus. I think that is not religion.

Given that we have nothing taught by Jesus (and lack even the confirmation that he existed), how does one engage in being his disciple?

And yes, when you worship a god or deity, try to follow implied "teachings", and claim to be a follower of that god or deity, you DO have a "religion".

Read the bible.All his words are in the bible.His wisdom has given us the knowledge and blessings.You being lack of the confirmation that he has ever existed is because you don't know him yet but Jesus knows you and loves you before he created you.He knows us everything.
bsh1
Posts: 27,504
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2014 10:41:34 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I am a Deist. This is, perhaps, a good, if not complete description of what I mean by calling myself a deist: "Deism holds that God does not intervene with the functioning of the natural world in any way, allowing it to run according to the laws of nature. For Deists, human beings can only know God via reason and the observation of nature, but not by revelation or supernatural manifestations (such as miracles) " phenomena which Deists regard with caution if not skepticism." [http://en.wikipedia.org...] I believe a god or gods set the ball rolling, but that from the initial point of creation, it or they have been totally inactive in the process of reality.

It really doesn't impact my life at all. I believe moral values can exist apart from religion, so I don't look to faith as my guiding light there. And, since god isn't interfering in my life, I am not impacted by any supposed interventions.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
Tweka
Posts: 129
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2014 11:00:33 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/21/2014 10:41:34 PM, bsh1 wrote:
I am a Deist. This is, perhaps, a good, if not complete description of what I mean by calling myself a deist: "Deism holds that God does not intervene with the functioning of the natural world in any way, allowing it to run according to the laws of nature. For Deists, human beings can only know God via reason and the observation of nature, but not by revelation or supernatural manifestations (such as miracles) " phenomena which Deists regard with caution if not skepticism." [http://en.wikipedia.org...] I believe a god or gods set the ball rolling, but that from the initial point of creation, it or they have been totally inactive in the process of reality.

It really doesn't impact my life at all. I believe moral values can exist apart from religion, so I don't look to faith as my guiding light there. And, since god isn't interfering in my life, I am not impacted by any supposed interventions.

LOL. Moral values are part the teachings or conceptual ideas of most religions. Moral values can't exist without religion. What you have learned informally so called morals values such as spot spitting bad words, pointing middle finger, are actually the outcome of certain religion. The things are being spread by friends,family,society, etc.
bsh1
Posts: 27,504
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2014 11:09:35 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/21/2014 11:00:33 PM, Tweka wrote:
At 10/21/2014 10:41:34 PM, bsh1 wrote:
I am a Deist. This is, perhaps, a good, if not complete description of what I mean by calling myself a deist: "Deism holds that God does not intervene with the functioning of the natural world in any way, allowing it to run according to the laws of nature. For Deists, human beings can only know God via reason and the observation of nature, but not by revelation or supernatural manifestations (such as miracles) " phenomena which Deists regard with caution if not skepticism." [http://en.wikipedia.org...] I believe a god or gods set the ball rolling, but that from the initial point of creation, it or they have been totally inactive in the process of reality.

It really doesn't impact my life at all. I believe moral values can exist apart from religion, so I don't look to faith as my guiding light there. And, since god isn't interfering in my life, I am not impacted by any supposed interventions.

LOL. Moral values are part the teachings or conceptual ideas of most religions.

Sure, they are part of the teachings of most religions, but that doesn't mean that they cannot exist prior to and separate from religion.

Moral values can't exist without religion. What you have learned informally so called morals values such as spot spitting bad words, pointing middle finger, are actually the outcome of certain religion.

This isn't correct. First of all, secular theories of morality (e.g. utilitarianism) can be sources from which we derive morality. A person could exist in a religious void and still develop a sense of right and wrong.

Religion is not required for morality. A belief system is what is required, and a belief system could be a religion or it could be some other theory or set of ideas.

Moreover, how do you know that morality didn't exist before religion. It seems like the perfect example of the chicken and the egg conundrum. Maybe religion created morality, but it is equally possible that morality was embodied by religion.

The things are being spread by friends,family,society, etc.

Sure, but my experience with religion was awful, and I don't share many of the precepts that my former faith taught and teaches. Just because you were show one way does not mean you cannot choose to go another.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
jharry
Posts: 4,984
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2014 11:17:12 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/21/2014 7:17:53 AM, Tweka wrote:
What is your actual religion and how does it affect your life.

Catholic

Helps remind me daily and every moment to love, unfortunately I have a hard time remembering most days. Thank God for His Church.
In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti. Amen
Tweka
Posts: 129
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2014 11:20:43 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/21/2014 11:17:12 PM, jharry wrote:
At 10/21/2014 7:17:53 AM, Tweka wrote:
What is your actual religion and how does it affect your life.

Catholic

Helps remind me daily and every moment to love, unfortunately I have a hard time remembering most days. Thank God for His Church.

You have problems with memory? Or,you are not sincere.
jharry
Posts: 4,984
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2014 11:24:12 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/21/2014 11:20:43 PM, Tweka wrote:
At 10/21/2014 11:17:12 PM, jharry wrote:
At 10/21/2014 7:17:53 AM, Tweka wrote:
What is your actual religion and how does it affect your life.

Catholic

Helps remind me daily and every moment to love, unfortunately I have a hard time remembering most days. Thank God for His Church.

You have problems with memory? Or,you are not sincere.

Remembering to love, even those that are difficult to love.
In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti. Amen
Tweka
Posts: 129
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2014 11:26:27 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/21/2014 11:24:12 PM, jharry wrote:
At 10/21/2014 11:20:43 PM, Tweka wrote:
At 10/21/2014 11:17:12 PM, jharry wrote:
At 10/21/2014 7:17:53 AM, Tweka wrote:
What is your actual religion and how does it affect your life.

Catholic

Helps remind me daily and every moment to love, unfortunately I have a hard time remembering most days. Thank God for His Church.

You have problems with memory? Or,you are not sincere.

Remembering to love, even those that are difficult to love.

It is hard for use to love something we don't. And, as a christian we have a mission to preach the gospel of Christ
Tweka
Posts: 129
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2014 11:29:01 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
If morality is without a religion the people will not follow the teachings according to what God teaches.People will use moral to defend for themselves instead of other people.This makes the people become selfish.And moral without religion in law there will be no religious freedom and mankind will start to deceive each other and forcing people to join different clubs.Conflicts and mayhem will rule the world. Just like the Pharisees.The chief priests in the bible.They teach people what to do but they did not do accordingly the morality in their religion.Therefore Jesus had told us not to follow their behaviours. There are a lot false prophets or other scribes, Pharisees and other immorality people in this world now are misusing the teachings of the religion.That is why in the bible our Heavenly Father sent this only and begotten son Jesus to descend from heaven to help the people and to save them to free them from sins. Why does dark age occur? And as a Christian, we have a big mission to preach the gospel of Christ.Religious freedom doesn't say in the bible and it is created in the law by the people.But we can't judge other people because we have been judged for we are all sinners.We don have truth in ourselves because we sin a lot but Jesus has truth because he has NO SIN at all.
jharry
Posts: 4,984
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2014 11:37:57 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/21/2014 11:26:27 PM, Tweka wrote:
At 10/21/2014 11:24:12 PM, jharry wrote:
At 10/21/2014 11:20:43 PM, Tweka wrote:
At 10/21/2014 11:17:12 PM, jharry wrote:
At 10/21/2014 7:17:53 AM, Tweka wrote:
What is your actual religion and how does it affect your life.

Catholic

Helps remind me daily and every moment to love, unfortunately I have a hard time remembering most days. Thank God for His Church.

You have problems with memory? Or,you are not sincere.

Remembering to love, even those that are difficult to love.

It is hard for use to love something we don't. And, as a christian we have a mission to preach the gospel of Christ

I tend to see that as one of the gifts of the Holy Spirit that St. Paul described. Preaching, that is a gift in my opinion. Not all actual have the gift and may do more harm than good.
In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti. Amen
Tweka
Posts: 129
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2014 11:39:24 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/21/2014 11:37:57 PM, jharry wrote:
At 10/21/2014 11:26:27 PM, Tweka wrote:
At 10/21/2014 11:24:12 PM, jharry wrote:
At 10/21/2014 11:20:43 PM, Tweka wrote:
At 10/21/2014 11:17:12 PM, jharry wrote:
At 10/21/2014 7:17:53 AM, Tweka wrote:
What is your actual religion and how does it affect your life.

Catholic

Helps remind me daily and every moment to love, unfortunately I have a hard time remembering most days. Thank God for His Church.

You have problems with memory? Or,you are not sincere.

Remembering to love, even those that are difficult to love.

It is hard for use to love something we don't. And, as a christian we have a mission to preach the gospel of Christ

I tend to see that as one of the gifts of the Holy Spirit that St. Paul described. Preaching, that is a gift in my opinion. Not all actual have the gift and may do more harm than good.

Agree.
bsh1
Posts: 27,504
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2014 11:42:55 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/21/2014 11:29:01 PM, Tweka wrote:
If morality is without a religion the people will not follow the teachings according to what God teaches.

We cannot be sure that any particular religion is actually "God's" religion. So just following a religion doesn't solve this problem, because you could be in the wrong one. You just don't (and can't) know.

People will use moral to defend for themselves instead of other people.

Again, even the religious do this.

This makes the people become selfish.And moral without religion in law there will be no religious freedom and mankind will start to deceive each other and forcing people to join different clubs.

Recognizing that morality exists beyond religion doesn't entail religious persecution. You're employing a slippery slope fallacy here.

Conflicts and mayhem will rule the world.

No it won't. Secular moral codes ensure order just as effectively as religion, and tend to do so in less arcane ways.

Just like the Pharisees.The chief priests in the bible.They teach people what to do but they did not do accordingly the morality in their religion.Therefore Jesus had told us not to follow their behaviours. There are a lot false prophets or other scribes, Pharisees and other immorality people in this world now are misusing the teachings of the religion.

This is a great example of how religious beliefs can be abused. You fault secular moral systems for being able to be used selfishly. Here too, religious moral systems are being used selfishly, so it seems as if your own point is moot.

My point here is simple--my point is not to say that religious moral systems are somehow bad; my point is, however, to say that morality can exist outside of religion.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
MEK
Posts: 253
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2014 11:45:24 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/21/2014 8:55:12 PM, Tweka wrote:
At 10/21/2014 11:14:40 AM, 12_13 wrote:
At 10/21/2014 7:17:53 AM, Tweka wrote:
What is your actual religion and how does it affect your life.

Not dollar or Mother Earth (= Evolution).

I consider myself as a disciple of Jesus. I think that is not religion.

Jesus has said
"If anyone comes to me and does not hate his own father and mother and wife and children and brothers and sisters, yes, and even his own life, he cannot be my disciples."
- Luke 14:26

Jesus also said, Bring all enemies of mine before me and slay them before me. Luke 19.
Religion is a man made construct in an attempt to answer questions for which there may not be any answers. Why use the metaphysical to explain what is more easily explainable through science and reason?
MEK
Posts: 253
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2014 11:46:13 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/21/2014 7:17:53 AM, Tweka wrote:
What is your actual religion and how does it affect your life.

I don't have a "religion". Why do you believe we need one?
Tweka
Posts: 129
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2014 11:47:18 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/21/2014 11:46:13 PM, MEK wrote:
At 10/21/2014 7:17:53 AM, Tweka wrote:
What is your actual religion and how does it affect your life.

I don't have a "religion". Why do you believe we need one?

Why do you believe we don't need one.
PotBelliedGeek
Posts: 4,298
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2014 11:50:36 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/21/2014 7:17:53 AM, Tweka wrote:
What is your actual religion and how does it affect your life.

My religion is Islam. I feel like one of the most important things that my religion has done for me is the it has given me a multicultural and well-rounded upbringing. I am an american born and raised, patriotic enough that I see serving our country as one of the most honorable things to do. But I also grew up with a foot in the Middle East, learning their culture and language. My religion allowed me to start college in Saudi Arabia when I was sixteen.

The result is a deep understanding of the Arab world, Islamic theology, and regional geopolitics combined with an overall western outlook and education. Those are the things I value most about myself, my education and my well rounded understanding of the globe. I could not have acquired them without religion.
Religion Forum Ambassador

HUFFLEPUFF FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!
Tweka
Posts: 129
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2014 11:57:05 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/21/2014 11:45:24 PM, MEK wrote:
At 10/21/2014 8:55:12 PM, Tweka wrote:
At 10/21/2014 11:14:40 AM, 12_13 wrote:
At 10/21/2014 7:17:53 AM, Tweka wrote:
What is your actual religion and how does it affect your life.

Not dollar or Mother Earth (= Evolution).

I consider myself as a disciple of Jesus. I think that is not religion.

Jesus has said
"If anyone comes to me and does not hate his own father and mother and wife and children and brothers and sisters, yes, and even his own life, he cannot be my disciples."
- Luke 14:26

Jesus also said, Bring all enemies of mine before me and slay them before me. Luke 19.
Religion is a man made construct in an attempt to answer questions for which there may not be any answers. Why use the metaphysical to explain what is more easily explainable through science and reason?

11 As they heard these things, he proceeded to tell a parable, because he was near to Jerusalem, and because they supposed that the kingdom of God was to appear immediately. 12 He said therefore, "A nobleman went into a far country to receive for himself a kingdom and then return. 13 Calling ten of his servants, he gave them ten minas, and said to them, "Engage in business until I come." 14 But his citizens hated him and sent a delegation after him, saying, "We do not want this man to reign over us."

15 When he returned, having received the kingdom, he ordered these servants to whom he had given the money to be called to him, that he might know what they had gained by doing business. 16 The first came before him, saying, "Lord, your mina has made ten minas more." 17 And he said to him, "Well done, good servant![c] Because you have been faithful in a very little, you shall have authority over ten cities." 18 And the second came, saying, "Lord, your mina has made five minas." 19 And he said to him, "And you are to be over five cities." 20 Then another came, saying, "Lord, here is your mina, which I kept laid away in a handkerchief; 21 for I was afraid of you, because you are a severe man. You take what you did not deposit, and reap what you did not sow."

22 He said to him, "I will condemn you with your own words, you wicked servant! You knew that I was a severe man, taking what I did not deposit and reaping what I did not sow? 23 Why then did you not put my money in the bank, and at my coming I might have collected it with interest?" 24 And he said to those who stood by, "Take the mina from him, and give it to the one who has the ten minas." 25 And they said to him, "Lord, he has ten minas!" 26 "I tell you that to everyone who has, more will be given, but from the one who has not, even what he has will be taken away. 27 But as for these enemies of mine, who did not want me to reign over them, bring them here and slaughter them before me."" Luke 19:11-27 ESV

http://christianity.stackexchange.com...

I feel very disappoint and sad for the atheist, they are acting like to rebel God, especially you.... Have you ever read the bible? I you haven't please read it. Stop acting like a genius who knows everything and trying to deceive everyone one this site. Some atheist always does this , they just quote from the Bible without understanding them. This is very dangerous. Just like an idiot believe everything without really understand it.
MEK
Posts: 253
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2014 12:00:55 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/21/2014 11:57:05 PM, Tweka wrote:
At 10/21/2014 11:45:24 PM, MEK wrote:
At 10/21/2014 8:55:12 PM, Tweka wrote:
At 10/21/2014 11:14:40 AM, 12_13 wrote:
At 10/21/2014 7:17:53 AM, Tweka wrote:
What is your actual religion and how does it affect your life.

Not dollar or Mother Earth (= Evolution).

I consider myself as a disciple of Jesus. I think that is not religion.

Jesus has said
"If anyone comes to me and does not hate his own father and mother and wife and children and brothers and sisters, yes, and even his own life, he cannot be my disciples."
- Luke 14:26

Jesus also said, Bring all enemies of mine before me and slay them before me. Luke 19.
Religion is a man made construct in an attempt to answer questions for which there may not be any answers. Why use the metaphysical to explain what is more easily explainable through science and reason?

11 As they heard these things, he proceeded to tell a parable, because he was near to Jerusalem, and because they supposed that the kingdom of God was to appear immediately. 12 He said therefore, "A nobleman went into a far country to receive for himself a kingdom and then return. 13 Calling ten of his servants, he gave them ten minas, and said to them, "Engage in business until I come." 14 But his citizens hated him and sent a delegation after him, saying, "We do not want this man to reign over us."

15 When he returned, having received the kingdom, he ordered these servants to whom he had given the money to be called to him, that he might know what they had gained by doing business. 16 The first came before him, saying, "Lord, your mina has made ten minas more." 17 And he said to him, "Well done, good servant![c] Because you have been faithful in a very little, you shall have authority over ten cities." 18 And the second came, saying, "Lord, your mina has made five minas." 19 And he said to him, "And you are to be over five cities." 20 Then another came, saying, "Lord, here is your mina, which I kept laid away in a handkerchief; 21 for I was afraid of you, because you are a severe man. You take what you did not deposit, and reap what you did not sow."

22 He said to him, "I will condemn you with your own words, you wicked servant! You knew that I was a severe man, taking what I did not deposit and reaping what I did not sow? 23 Why then did you not put my money in the bank, and at my coming I might have collected it with interest?" 24 And he said to those who stood by, "Take the mina from him, and give it to the one who has the ten minas." 25 And they said to him, "Lord, he has ten minas!" 26 "I tell you that to everyone who has, more will be given, but from the one who has not, even what he has will be taken away. 27 But as for these enemies of mine, who did not want me to reign over them, bring them here and slaughter them before me."" Luke 19:11-27 ESV

http://christianity.stackexchange.com...

I feel very disappoint and sad for the atheist, they are acting like to rebel God, especially you.... Have you ever read the bible? I you haven't please read it. Stop acting like a genius who knows everything and trying to deceive everyone one this site. Some atheist always does this , they just quote from the Bible without understanding them. This is very dangerous. Just like an idiot believe everything without really understand it.

Please, do not feel sad for me. I am happy and free. Yes, I have read and studied the bible - something I think you should do a little more carefully. Tell me - why do you think the bible is true or divine?
Tweka
Posts: 129
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2014 12:03:32 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/22/2014 12:00:55 AM, MEK wrote:
At 10/21/2014 11:57:05 PM, Tweka wrote:
At 10/21/2014 11:45:24 PM, MEK wrote:
At 10/21/2014 8:55:12 PM, Tweka wrote:
At 10/21/2014 11:14:40 AM, 12_13 wrote:
At 10/21/2014 7:17:53 AM, Tweka wrote:
What is your actual religion and how does it affect your life.

Not dollar or Mother Earth (= Evolution).

I consider myself as a disciple of Jesus. I think that is not religion.

Jesus has said
"If anyone comes to me and does not hate his own father and mother and wife and children and brothers and sisters, yes, and even his own life, he cannot be my disciples."
- Luke 14:26

Jesus also said, Bring all enemies of mine before me and slay them before me. Luke 19.
Religion is a man made construct in an attempt to answer questions for which there may not be any answers. Why use the metaphysical to explain what is more easily explainable through science and reason?

11 As they heard these things, he proceeded to tell a parable, because he was near to Jerusalem, and because they supposed that the kingdom of God was to appear immediately. 12 He said therefore, "A nobleman went into a far country to receive for himself a kingdom and then return. 13 Calling ten of his servants, he gave them ten minas, and said to them, "Engage in business until I come." 14 But his citizens hated him and sent a delegation after him, saying, "We do not want this man to reign over us."

15 When he returned, having received the kingdom, he ordered these servants to whom he had given the money to be called to him, that he might know what they had gained by doing business. 16 The first came before him, saying, "Lord, your mina has made ten minas more." 17 And he said to him, "Well done, good servant![c] Because you have been faithful in a very little, you shall have authority over ten cities." 18 And the second came, saying, "Lord, your mina has made five minas." 19 And he said to him, "And you are to be over five cities." 20 Then another came, saying, "Lord, here is your mina, which I kept laid away in a handkerchief; 21 for I was afraid of you, because you are a severe man. You take what you did not deposit, and reap what you did not sow."

22 He said to him, "I will condemn you with your own words, you wicked servant! You knew that I was a severe man, taking what I did not deposit and reaping what I did not sow? 23 Why then did you not put my money in the bank, and at my coming I might have collected it with interest?" 24 And he said to those who stood by, "Take the mina from him, and give it to the one who has the ten minas." 25 And they said to him, "Lord, he has ten minas!" 26 "I tell you that to everyone who has, more will be given, but from the one who has not, even what he has will be taken away. 27 But as for these enemies of mine, who did not want me to reign over them, bring them here and slaughter them before me."" Luke 19:11-27 ESV

http://christianity.stackexchange.com...

I feel very disappoint and sad for the atheist, they are acting like to rebel God, especially you.... Have you ever read the bible? I you haven't please read it. Stop acting like a genius who knows everything and trying to deceive everyone one this site. Some atheist always does this , they just quote from the Bible without understanding them. This is very dangerous. Just like an idiot believe everything without really understand it.

Please, do not feel sad for me. I am happy and free. Yes, I have read and studied the bible - something I think you should do a little more carefully. Tell me - why do you think the bible is true or divine?

Then, why do you believe the things that your teacher teach you?
MEK
Posts: 253
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2014 12:06:28 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/22/2014 12:03:32 AM, Tweka wrote:
At 10/22/2014 12:00:55 AM, MEK wrote:
At 10/21/2014 11:57:05 PM, Tweka wrote:
At 10/21/2014 11:45:24 PM, MEK wrote:
At 10/21/2014 8:55:12 PM, Tweka wrote:
At 10/21/2014 11:14:40 AM, 12_13 wrote:
At 10/21/2014 7:17:53 AM, Tweka wrote:
What is your actual religion and how does it affect your life.

Not dollar or Mother Earth (= Evolution).

I consider myself as a disciple of Jesus. I think that is not religion.

Jesus has said
"If anyone comes to me and does not hate his own father and mother and wife and children and brothers and sisters, yes, and even his own life, he cannot be my disciples."
- Luke 14:26

Jesus also said, Bring all enemies of mine before me and slay them before me. Luke 19.
Religion is a man made construct in an attempt to answer questions for which there may not be any answers. Why use the metaphysical to explain what is more easily explainable through science and reason?

11 As they heard these things, he proceeded to tell a parable, because he was near to Jerusalem, and because they supposed that the kingdom of God was to appear immediately. 12 He said therefore, "A nobleman went into a far country to receive for himself a kingdom and then return. 13 Calling ten of his servants, he gave them ten minas, and said to them, "Engage in business until I come." 14 But his citizens hated him and sent a delegation after him, saying, "We do not want this man to reign over us."

15 When he returned, having received the kingdom, he ordered these servants to whom he had given the money to be called to him, that he might know what they had gained by doing business. 16 The first came before him, saying, "Lord, your mina has made ten minas more." 17 And he said to him, "Well done, good servant![c] Because you have been faithful in a very little, you shall have authority over ten cities." 18 And the second came, saying, "Lord, your mina has made five minas." 19 And he said to him, "And you are to be over five cities." 20 Then another came, saying, "Lord, here is your mina, which I kept laid away in a handkerchief; 21 for I was afraid of you, because you are a severe man. You take what you did not deposit, and reap what you did not sow."

22 He said to him, "I will condemn you with your own words, you wicked servant! You knew that I was a severe man, taking what I did not deposit and reaping what I did not sow? 23 Why then did you not put my money in the bank, and at my coming I might have collected it with interest?" 24 And he said to those who stood by, "Take the mina from him, and give it to the one who has the ten minas." 25 And they said to him, "Lord, he has ten minas!" 26 "I tell you that to everyone who has, more will be given, but from the one who has not, even what he has will be taken away. 27 But as for these enemies of mine, who did not want me to reign over them, bring them here and slaughter them before me."" Luke 19:11-27 ESV

http://christianity.stackexchange.com...

I feel very disappoint and sad for the atheist, they are acting like to rebel God, especially you.... Have you ever read the bible? I you haven't please read it. Stop acting like a genius who knows everything and trying to deceive everyone one this site. Some atheist always does this , they just quote from the Bible without understanding them. This is very dangerous. Just like an idiot believe everything without really understand it.

Please, do not feel sad for me. I am happy and free. Yes, I have read and studied the bible - something I think you should do a little more carefully. Tell me - why do you think the bible is true or divine?

Then, why do you believe the things that your teacher teach you?

Well, I do if they are reasonable and are aligned with empirical evidence and I don't if they are not. You still have not answered my question.
Skyangel
Posts: 8,234
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2014 12:08:13 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
James I :27 Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.
Tweka
Posts: 129
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2014 12:14:36 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/22/2014 12:06:28 AM, MEK wrote:
At 10/22/2014 12:03:32 AM, Tweka wrote:
At 10/22/2014 12:00:55 AM, MEK wrote:
At 10/21/2014 11:57:05 PM, Tweka wrote:
At 10/21/2014 11:45:24 PM, MEK wrote:
At 10/21/2014 8:55:12 PM, Tweka wrote:
At 10/21/2014 11:14:40 AM, 12_13 wrote:
At 10/21/2014 7:17:53 AM, Tweka wrote:
What is your actual religion and how does it affect your life.

Not dollar or Mother Earth (= Evolution).

I consider myself as a disciple of Jesus. I think that is not religion.

Jesus has said
"If anyone comes to me and does not hate his own father and mother and wife and children and brothers and sisters, yes, and even his own life, he cannot be my disciples."
- Luke 14:26

Jesus also said, Bring all enemies of mine before me and slay them before me. Luke 19.
Religion is a man made construct in an attempt to answer questions for which there may not be any answers. Why use the metaphysical to explain what is more easily explainable through science and reason?

11 As they heard these things, he proceeded to tell a parable, because he was near to Jerusalem, and because they supposed that the kingdom of God was to appear immediately. 12 He said therefore, "A nobleman went into a far country to receive for himself a kingdom and then return. 13 Calling ten of his servants, he gave them ten minas, and said to them, "Engage in business until I come." 14 But his citizens hated him and sent a delegation after him, saying, "We do not want this man to reign over us."

15 When he returned, having received the kingdom, he ordered these servants to whom he had given the money to be called to him, that he might know what they had gained by doing business. 16 The first came before him, saying, "Lord, your mina has made ten minas more." 17 And he said to him, "Well done, good servant![c] Because you have been faithful in a very little, you shall have authority over ten cities." 18 And the second came, saying, "Lord, your mina has made five minas." 19 And he said to him, "And you are to be over five cities." 20 Then another came, saying, "Lord, here is your mina, which I kept laid away in a handkerchief; 21 for I was afraid of you, because you are a severe man. You take what you did not deposit, and reap what you did not sow."

22 He said to him, "I will condemn you with your own words, you wicked servant! You knew that I was a severe man, taking what I did not deposit and reaping what I did not sow? 23 Why then did you not put my money in the bank, and at my coming I might have collected it with interest?" 24 And he said to those who stood by, "Take the mina from him, and give it to the one who has the ten minas." 25 And they said to him, "Lord, he has ten minas!" 26 "I tell you that to everyone who has, more will be given, but from the one who has not, even what he has will be taken away. 27 But as for these enemies of mine, who did not want me to reign over them, bring them here and slaughter them before me."" Luke 19:11-27 ESV

http://christianity.stackexchange.com...

I feel very disappoint and sad for the atheist, they are acting like to rebel God, especially you.... Have you ever read the bible? I you haven't please read it. Stop acting like a genius who knows everything and trying to deceive everyone one this site. Some atheist always does this , they just quote from the Bible without understanding them. This is very dangerous. Just like an idiot believe everything without really understand it.

Please, do not feel sad for me. I am happy and free. Yes, I have read and studied the bible - something I think you should do a little more carefully. Tell me - why do you think the bible is true or divine?

Then, why do you believe the things that your teacher teach you?

Well, I do if they are reasonable and are aligned with empirical evidence and I don't if they are not. You still have not answered my question.

Why do you atheist always want evidence? Why, just because something that can be proven must exist. Okay I agree. 'why do you think the bible is true or divine?'. Okay,I will explain it. What makes you think it is not true? based on a few verse and what others tell you. Why do you believe 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8? Must be followed by nine? Well, that is that same thing. It is intuition. Why it is not divine?
MEK
Posts: 253
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2014 12:21:01 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/22/2014 12:14:36 AM, Tweka wrote:
At 10/22/2014 12:06:28 AM, MEK wrote:
At 10/22/2014 12:03:32 AM, Tweka wrote:
At 10/22/2014 12:00:55 AM, MEK wrote:
At 10/21/2014 11:57:05 PM, Tweka wrote:
At 10/21/2014 11:45:24 PM, MEK wrote:
At 10/21/2014 8:55:12 PM, Tweka wrote:
At 10/21/2014 11:14:40 AM, 12_13 wrote:
At 10/21/2014 7:17:53 AM, Tweka wrote:
What is your actual religion and how does it affect your life.

Not dollar or Mother Earth (= Evolution).

I consider myself as a disciple of Jesus. I think that is not religion.

Jesus has said
"If anyone comes to me and does not hate his own father and mother and wife and children and brothers and sisters, yes, and even his own life, he cannot be my disciples."
- Luke 14:26

Jesus also said, Bring all enemies of mine before me and slay them before me. Luke 19.
Religion is a man made construct in an attempt to answer questions for which there may not be any answers. Why use the metaphysical to explain what is more easily explainable through science and reason?

11 As they heard these things, he proceeded to tell a parable, because he was near to Jerusalem, and because they supposed that the kingdom of God was to appear immediately. 12 He said therefore, "A nobleman went into a far country to receive for himself a kingdom and then return. 13 Calling ten of his servants, he gave them ten minas, and said to them, "Engage in business until I come." 14 But his citizens hated him and sent a delegation after him, saying, "We do not want this man to reign over us."

15 When he returned, having received the kingdom, he ordered these servants to whom he had given the money to be called to him, that he might know what they had gained by doing business. 16 The first came before him, saying, "Lord, your mina has made ten minas more." 17 And he said to him, "Well done, good servant![c] Because you have been faithful in a very little, you shall have authority over ten cities." 18 And the second came, saying, "Lord, your mina has made five minas." 19 And he said to him, "And you are to be over five cities." 20 Then another came, saying, "Lord, here is your mina, which I kept laid away in a handkerchief; 21 for I was afraid of you, because you are a severe man. You take what you did not deposit, and reap what you did not sow."

22 He said to him, "I will condemn you with your own words, you wicked servant! You knew that I was a severe man, taking what I did not deposit and reaping what I did not sow? 23 Why then did you not put my money in the bank, and at my coming I might have collected it with interest?" 24 And he said to those who stood by, "Take the mina from him, and give it to the one who has the ten minas." 25 And they said to him, "Lord, he has ten minas!" 26 "I tell you that to everyone who has, more will be given, but from the one who has not, even what he has will be taken away. 27 But as for these enemies of mine, who did not want me to reign over them, bring them here and slaughter them before me."" Luke 19:11-27 ESV

http://christianity.stackexchange.com...

I feel very disappoint and sad for the atheist, they are acting like to rebel God, especially you.... Have you ever read the bible? I you haven't please read it. Stop acting like a genius who knows everything and trying to deceive everyone one this site. Some atheist always does this , they just quote from the Bible without understanding them. This is very dangerous. Just like an idiot believe everything without really understand it.

Please, do not feel sad for me. I am happy and free. Yes, I have read and studied the bible - something I think you should do a little more carefully. Tell me - why do you think the bible is true or divine?

Then, why do you believe the things that your teacher teach you?

Well, I do if they are reasonable and are aligned with empirical evidence and I don't if they are not. You still have not answered my question.

Why do you atheist always want evidence? Why, just because something that can be proven must exist. Okay I agree. 'why do you think the bible is true or divine?'. Okay,I will explain it. What makes you think it is not true? based on a few verse and what others tell you. Why do you believe 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8? Must be followed by nine? Well, that is that same thing. It is intuition. Why it is not divine?

Ok, let me explain. The only way that ANYTHING can be proven is with evidence. Just because you "feel" something is true, does not make it so. I can believe that Angelina Jolie is in love with me because it just "feels" good when I think about her. This does not make the allegation true. And Yes, 1,2,3.... is then followed by the next sequential number because mathematics is a proven and repeatable language. Intuition IS important but only if it is aligned with the natural world.
Tweka
Posts: 129
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2014 12:22:16 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/21/2014 11:42:55 PM, bsh1 wrote:
At 10/21/2014 11:29:01 PM, Tweka wrote:
If morality is without a religion the people will not follow the teachings according to what God teaches.

We cannot be sure that any particular religion is actually "God's" religion. So just following a religion doesn't solve this problem, because you could be in the wrong one. You just don't (and can't) know.

People will use moral to defend for themselves instead of other people.

Again, even the religious do this.

This makes the people become selfish.And moral without religion in law there will be no religious freedom and mankind will start to deceive each other and forcing people to join different clubs.

Recognizing that morality exists beyond religion doesn't entail religious persecution. You're employing a slippery slope fallacy here.

Conflicts and mayhem will rule the world.

No it won't. Secular moral codes ensure order just as effectively as religion, and tend to do so in less arcane ways.

Just like the Pharisees.The chief priests in the bible.They teach people what to do but they did not do accordingly the morality in their religion.Therefore Jesus had told us not to follow their behaviours. There are a lot false prophets or other scribes, Pharisees and other immorality people in this world now are misusing the teachings of the religion.

This is a great example of how religious beliefs can be abused. You fault secular moral systems for being able to be used selfishly. Here too, religious moral systems are being used selfishly, so it seems as if your own point is moot.

My point here is simple--my point is not to say that religious moral systems are somehow bad; my point is, however, to say that morality can exist outside of religion.

I will quote what I have said again: Moral values are part the teachings or conceptual ideas of most religions. Others also do that what. I want to to know something. GOD exist in our mind and heart. What happen at Dark Ages? A time without morality. If Conflicts will not rule the world then you are wrong. Imagine a boy or girl being born and no one teaches him moral. What will she/he be like. religion must have at least if not all a certain amount of effects on the morality of the human.
bsh1
Posts: 27,504
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2014 12:28:06 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/22/2014 12:22:16 AM, Tweka wrote:
I will quote what I have said again: Moral values are part the teachings or conceptual ideas of most religions.

I agree. This doesn't disprove that morality exists outsides outside of religion.

What happen at Dark Ages? A time without morality.

The Dark Age was not a time without morality. It was a depressing episode in human history that we never want to repeat, but it was not a totally amoral one.

If Conflicts will not rule the world then you are wrong. Imagine a boy or girl being born and no one teaches him moral. What will she/he be like. religion must have at least if not all a certain amount of effects on the morality of the human.

You can teach your children secular moral values, like those of Kantian Philosophy, Utilitarianism, Capabilities Ethics, etc. These will instill in them moral values that will teach them how to be good people. You don't need faith to do that.

Ultimately, in terms of morality, there is nothing that religion can tell us or do for us that we cannot find out from or learn from secular sources.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
Tweka
Posts: 129
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2014 12:28:12 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/22/2014 12:21:01 AM, MEK wrote:
At 10/22/2014 12:14:36 AM, Tweka wrote:
At 10/22/2014 12:06:28 AM, MEK wrote:
At 10/22/2014 12:03:32 AM, Tweka wrote:
At 10/22/2014 12:00:55 AM, MEK wrote:
At 10/21/2014 11:57:05 PM, Tweka wrote:
At 10/21/2014 11:45:24 PM, MEK wrote:
At 10/21/2014 8:55:12 PM, Tweka wrote:
At 10/21/2014 11:14:40 AM, 12_13 wrote:
At 10/21/2014 7:17:53 AM, Tweka wrote:
What is your actual religion and how does it affect your life.

Not dollar or Mother Earth (= Evolution).

I consider myself as a disciple of Jesus. I think that is not religion.

Jesus has said
"If anyone comes to me and does not hate his own father and mother and wife and children and brothers and sisters, yes, and even his own life, he cannot be my disciples."
- Luke 14:26

Jesus also said, Bring all enemies of mine before me and slay them before me. Luke 19.
Religion is a man made construct in an attempt to answer questions for which there may not be any answers. Why use the metaphysical to explain what is more easily explainable through science and reason?

11 As they heard these things, he proceeded to tell a parable, because he was near to Jerusalem, and because they supposed that the kingdom of God was to appear immediately. 12 He said therefore, "A nobleman went into a far country to receive for himself a kingdom and then return. 13 Calling ten of his servants, he gave them ten minas, and said to them, "Engage in business until I come." 14 But his citizens hated him and sent a delegation after him, saying, "We do not want this man to reign over us."

15 When he returned, having received the kingdom, he ordered these servants to whom he had given the money to be called to him, that he might know what they had gained by doing business. 16 The first came before him, saying, "Lord, your mina has made ten minas more." 17 And he said to him, "Well done, good servant![c] Because you have been faithful in a very little, you shall have authority over ten cities." 18 And the second came, saying, "Lord, your mina has made five minas." 19 And he said to him, "And you are to be over five cities." 20 Then another came, saying, "Lord, here is your mina, which I kept laid away in a handkerchief; 21 for I was afraid of you, because you are a severe man. You take what you did not deposit, and reap what you did not sow."

22 He said to him, "I will condemn you with your own words, you wicked servant! You knew that I was a severe man, taking what I did not deposit and reaping what I did not sow? 23 Why then did you not put my money in the bank, and at my coming I might have collected it with interest?" 24 And he said to those who stood by, "Take the mina from him, and give it to the one who has the ten minas." 25 And they said to him, "Lord, he has ten minas!" 26 "I tell you that to everyone who has, more will be given, but from the one who has not, even what he has will be taken away. 27 But as for these enemies of mine, who did not want me to reign over them, bring them here and slaughter them before me."" Luke 19:11-27 ESV

http://christianity.stackexchange.com...

I feel very disappoint and sad for the atheist, they are acting like to rebel God, especially you.... Have you ever read the bible? I you haven't please read it. Stop acting like a genius who knows everything and trying to deceive everyone one this site. Some atheist always does this , they just quote from the Bible without understanding them. This is very dangerous. Just like an idiot believe everything without really understand it.

Please, do not feel sad for me. I am happy and free. Yes, I have read and studied the bible - something I think you should do a little more carefully. Tell me - why do you think the bible is true or divine?

Then, why do you believe the things that your teacher teach you?

Well, I do if they are reasonable and are aligned with empirical evidence and I don't if they are not. You still have not answered my question.

Why do you atheist always want evidence? Why, just because something that can be proven must exist. Okay I agree. 'why do you think the bible is true or divine?'. Okay,I will explain it. What makes you think it is not true? based on a few verse and what others tell you. Why do you believe 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8? Must be followed by nine? Well, that is that same thing. It is intuition. Why it is not divine?

Ok, let me explain. The only way that ANYTHING can be proven is with evidence. Just because you "feel" something is true, does not make it so. I can believe that Angelina Jolie is in love with me because it just "feels" good when I think about her. This does not make the allegation true. And Yes, 1,2,3.... is then followed by the next sequential number because mathematics is a proven and repeatable language. Intuition IS important but only if it is aligned with the natural world.

Why bible is not the evidence? God exist in our mind and heart and you can feel it. If something exist in our mind then what makes it untrue? What happen in the reality must be true. WRONG. reality is merely an illusion.

Now. I will be the one who wants evidence. Why bible is not true and divine?