Jump to topic:

Animal sacrifice..

Truth_seeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2014 9:19:59 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
What do you think about animal sacrifices being practiced as we speak? Do you think they should be banned or allowed for religious purposes?
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2014 9:22:30 AM
At 10/21/2014 9:19:59 AM, Truth_seeker wrote:

What do you think about animal sacrifices being practiced as we speak? Do you think they should be banned or allowed for religious purposes?

Only human sacrifice should be allowed, after all it redeems all of your sins, what can the sacrifice of penguin achieve?
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2014 9:34:14 AM

I don't care what human Governments do about it, that is their business, but God has already banned them as unnecessary following his son's sacrifice.

If people wish to follow false religions then that is their choice at the moment, but will not always be an option. Soon it will be truth of nothing.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2014 9:57:21 AM
At 10/21/2014 9:34:14 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

I don't care what human Governments do about it, that is their business, but God has already banned them as unnecessary following his son's sacrifice.
Your stupid god demanded human sacrifice.
Well done stupid.
12_13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2014 11:12:55 AM

All animals that are killed and eaten are sacrifices for people. If "religious sacrifices" are banned, also normal animal killing should be. Maybe people should stop eating meat. That is how many Biblical people lived.
SNP1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2014 3:45:19 PM
At 10/21/2014 9:57:21 AM, bulproof wrote:

Well done stupid.

Don't try and start an argument. If you want to discuss something, then you can discuss it. If you do not want to discuss something, then don't respond.
#TheApatheticNihilistPartyofAmerica
#WarOnDDO
YamaVonKarma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2014 3:50:37 PM

Well done stupid.

This is one of those things that need to stop. Insulting other members is very poor conduct, and only serves to make you look bad.
People who I've called as mafia DP1:
TUF, and YYW
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2014 3:55:16 PM
As long as the sacrifices are done in a humane, clean, private fashion, if there is a justifiable religious cause for it, then it's fine.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
YamaVonKarma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2014 4:01:01 PM

This is a flat out lie. The Bible at no point states that christians are not to participate in Animal Sacrifice. While in Greece, I witnessed Kourbania. The Bible itself even positively associates Jesus's parents with Animal sacrifice.

"And to offer a sacrifice according to that which is said in the law of the Lord, A pair of turtledoves, or two young pigeons" Luke 2:24, King James

"23 Do therefore this that we say to thee: We have four men which have a vow on them;

24 Them take, and purify thyself with them, and be at charges with them, that they may shave their heads: and all may know that those things, whereof they were informed concerning thee, are nothing; but that thou thyself also walkest orderly, and keepest the law.

25 As touching the Gentiles which believe, we have written and concluded that they observe no such thing, save only that they keep themselves from things offered to idols, and from blood, and from strangled, and from fornication.

26 Then Paul took the men, and the next day purifying himself with them entered into the temple, to signify the accomplishment of the days of purification, until that an offering should be offered for every one of them.
If people wish to follow false religions then that is their choice at the moment, but will not always be an option. Soon it will be truth of nothing." Acts 21:23-26, King James

You have the right to spread your religion and practice it. I reserve the right to call you on bull passed off as fact.
People who I've called as mafia DP1:
TUF, and YYW
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2014 11:24:49 PM
At 10/21/2014 3:50:37 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:

Well done stupid.

This is one of those things that need to stop. Insulting other members is very poor conduct, and only serves to make you look bad.

I wasn't aware that god was a member.