Total Posts:735|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Righteousness?

bornofgod
Posts: 11,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2014 4:40:19 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/22/2014 10:39:38 AM, DPMartin wrote:
What is righteousness? And is it according anything or anyone?

The word "righteousness" describes God's invisible creation where all His created men and beasts exist. The "wicked" describes all the visible men and beasts in the flesh that will be destroyed by the end of this age.
frbnsn
Posts: 353
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/23/2014 3:54:44 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/22/2014 10:39:38 AM, DPMartin wrote:
What is righteousness? And is it according anything or anyone?

According to me, righteousness means respecting to God and His all creatures.
DPMartin
Posts: 1,096
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/23/2014 9:31:27 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/23/2014 3:54:44 AM, frbnsn wrote:
At 10/22/2014 10:39:38 AM, DPMartin wrote:
What is righteousness? And is it according anything or anyone?

According to me, righteousness means respecting to God and His all creatures.

Truly, respecting God and His creatures is much wiser then not, but if that is righteousness according to you, then is it your self-righteousness?
Karmanator
Posts: 142
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/23/2014 10:07:37 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Righteousness is god says your good because he says so. It isn't from being good.

Genesis 15:6 "Abram believed the LORD, and he credited it to him as righteousness."

Romans 3:10 As it is written: "There is no one righteous, not even one;
11 there is no one who understands;
there is no one who seeks God.
12 All have turned away,
they have together become worthless;
there is no one who does good,
not even one."
Obed
Posts: 463
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/23/2014 2:36:29 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/22/2014 10:39:38 AM, DPMartin wrote:
What is righteousness? And is it according anything or anyone?

Through our faith in Jesus we become righteous.

In Jesus, I become the righteousness of God. See 2 Corinthians 5:21.

My righteousness, holiness, and redemption come from Jesus Christ. See 1 Corinthians 1:30.

I have the righteousness from God, righteousness by faith; see Romans 1:17.

We have righteousness from God through faith in Jesus because we believe, see Romans 3:22.

By obeying Jesus we become righteous.

Our obedience leads us to righteousness see Romans 6:16.

We are righteous because we obey the perfect law see Romans 2:13.

We do what is right; therefore, we are righteous see 1 John 3:12.

The righteous requirements of the law are fully met in me and all those saved, those who live according to the Spirit, See Romans 8:4.

Righteous acts see Revelation 19:8

We are to offer the parts of our body to Him as instruments of righteousness. Romans 6:13

We are under control of righteousness Romans 6:20

We are to live a righteous life James 1:20
NotTodayWeSay
Posts: 7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/23/2014 5:59:17 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/23/2014 2:36:29 PM, Obed wrote:
At 10/22/2014 10:39:38 AM, DPMartin wrote:
What is righteousness? And is it according anything or anyone?

Through our faith in Jesus we become righteous.



In Jesus, I become the righteousness of God. See 2 Corinthians 5:21.

My righteousness, holiness, and redemption come from Jesus Christ. See 1 Corinthians 1:30.

I have the righteousness from God, righteousness by faith; see Romans 1:17.

We have righteousness from God through faith in Jesus because we believe, see Romans 3:22.



By obeying Jesus we become righteous.



Our obedience leads us to righteousness see Romans 6:16.

We are righteous because we obey the perfect law see Romans 2:13.

We do what is right; therefore, we are righteous see 1 John 3:12.

The righteous requirements of the law are fully met in me and all those saved, those who live according to the Spirit, See Romans 8:4.

Righteous acts see Revelation 19:8

We are to offer the parts of our body to Him as instruments of righteousness. Romans 6:13

We are under control of righteousness Romans 6:20

We are to live a righteous life James 1:20

Your obedience leads to gullibility.

Your gullibility obeys a law that endorses slavery, stoning and sacrifice.

You obey what you are told to do through fear, therefore you are cowardly.

The gullible requirements of the law is met in anyone who is afraid, those who live in fear of a hell.

Gullible act see illusions and fantasies.

You are to hurt others in his name and then take the blame when caught.

You are under the control of fear.

You live a gullible life.
"What do we say to the Grim Reaper?" "Not Today!"
frbnsn
Posts: 353
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2014 4:18:33 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/23/2014 9:31:27 AM, DPMartin wrote:
At 10/23/2014 3:54:44 AM, frbnsn wrote:
At 10/22/2014 10:39:38 AM, DPMartin wrote:
What is righteousness? And is it according anything or anyone?

According to me, righteousness means respecting to God and His all creatures.

Truly, respecting God and His creatures is much wiser then not, but if that is righteousness according to you, then is it your self-righteousness?

Yes, it is.
DPMartin
Posts: 1,096
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2014 9:48:55 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/24/2014 4:18:33 AM, frbnsn wrote:
At 10/23/2014 9:31:27 AM, DPMartin wrote:
At 10/23/2014 3:54:44 AM, frbnsn wrote:
At 10/22/2014 10:39:38 AM, DPMartin wrote:
What is righteousness? And is it according anything or anyone?

According to me, righteousness means respecting to God and His all creatures.

Truly, respecting God and His creatures is much wiser then not, but if that is righteousness according to you, then is it your self-righteousness?

Yes, it is.

So what you are saying is righteousness is according to you and all else is unrighteous, correct?
DPMartin
Posts: 1,096
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2014 9:58:32 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/23/2014 10:07:37 AM, Karmanator wrote:
Righteousness is god says your good because he says so. It isn't from being good.

Genesis 15:6 "Abram believed the LORD, and he credited it to him as righteousness."

Romans 3:10 As it is written: "There is no one righteous, not even one;
11 there is no one who understands;
there is no one who seeks God.
12 All have turned away,
they have together become worthless;
there is no one who does good,
not even one."

Absolutely
DPMartin
Posts: 1,096
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2014 10:12:35 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/23/2014 2:36:29 PM, Obed wrote:
At 10/22/2014 10:39:38 AM, DPMartin wrote:
What is righteousness? And is it according anything or anyone?

Through our faith in Jesus we become righteous.



In Jesus, I become the righteousness of God. See 2 Corinthians 5:21.

My righteousness, holiness, and redemption come from Jesus Christ. See 1 Corinthians 1:30.

I have the righteousness from God, righteousness by faith; see Romans 1:17.

We have righteousness from God through faith in Jesus because we believe, see Romans 3:22.



By obeying Jesus we become righteous.



Our obedience leads us to righteousness see Romans 6:16.

We are righteous because we obey the perfect law see Romans 2:13.

We do what is right; therefore, we are righteous see 1 John 3:12.

The righteous requirements of the law are fully met in me and all those saved, those who live according to the Spirit, See Romans 8:4.

Righteous acts see Revelation 19:8

We are to offer the parts of our body to Him as instruments of righteousness. Romans 6:13

We are under control of righteousness Romans 6:20

We are to live a righteous life James 1:20

It seems you might be missing the mark. Though I could be mistaken here.

Jesus is the believer"s righteousness, and the Life He has given to the ones born of God"s Spirit. It is that which is of God that is righteous. Plain and simple, its not the deeds that make one righteous it is what is of God that is done of God through and in His that is righteous, hence righteous deeds. Kind of like when God made and created, it wasn"t good until He saw and declared it good, or when the Lord God accounted unto Abraham righteousness because of His faith, because he believed and trusted the Word of God unto him.

And before there might be a self crediting for having faith anyone who knows the Lord knows that the faith is Christ"s Faith and it is maintained in us by His Presence with us. So crediting one"s self for the faith and having the faith, don"t count.

But it is nice to see those who look to the Lord Jesus Christ for righteousness.
frbnsn
Posts: 353
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2014 3:45:51 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/24/2014 9:48:55 AM, DPMartin wrote:
At 10/24/2014 4:18:33 AM, frbnsn wrote:
At 10/23/2014 9:31:27 AM, DPMartin wrote:
At 10/23/2014 3:54:44 AM, frbnsn wrote:
At 10/22/2014 10:39:38 AM, DPMartin wrote:
What is righteousness? And is it according anything or anyone?

According to me, righteousness means respecting to God and His all creatures.

Truly, respecting God and His creatures is much wiser then not, but if that is righteousness according to you, then is it your self-righteousness?


Yes, it is.

So what you are saying is righteousness is according to you and all else is unrighteous, correct?

No, not unrighteous, but according to me, it is not, in the strict sense, righteousness.
It is missing.
Obed
Posts: 463
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2014 11:47:12 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/24/2014 10:12:35 AM, DPMartin wrote:
At 10/23/2014 2:36:29 PM, Obed wrote:
At 10/22/2014 10:39:38 AM, DPMartin wrote:
What is righteousness? And is it according anything or anyone?

Through our faith in Jesus we become righteous.



In Jesus, I become the righteousness of God. See 2 Corinthians 5:21.

My righteousness, holiness, and redemption come from Jesus Christ. See 1 Corinthians 1:30.

I have the righteousness from God, righteousness by faith; see Romans 1:17.

We have righteousness from God through faith in Jesus because we believe, see Romans 3:22.



By obeying Jesus we become righteous.



Our obedience leads us to righteousness see Romans 6:16.

We are righteous because we obey the perfect law see Romans 2:13.

We do what is right; therefore, we are righteous see 1 John 3:12.

The righteous requirements of the law are fully met in me and all those saved, those who live according to the Spirit, See Romans 8:4.

Righteous acts see Revelation 19:8

We are to offer the parts of our body to Him as instruments of righteousness. Romans 6:13

We are under control of righteousness Romans 6:20

We are to live a righteous life James 1:20

It seems you might be missing the mark. Though I could be mistaken here.

Jesus is the believer"s righteousness, and the Life He has given to the ones born of God"s Spirit. It is that which is of God that is righteous. Plain and simple, its not the deeds that make one righteous it is what is of God that is done of God through and in His that is righteous, hence righteous deeds. Kind of like when God made and created, it wasn"t good until He saw and declared it good, or when the Lord God accounted unto Abraham righteousness because of His faith, because he believed and trusted the Word of God unto him.

And before there might be a self crediting for having faith anyone who knows the Lord knows that the faith is Christ"s Faith and it is maintained in us by His Presence with us. So crediting one"s self for the faith and having the faith, don"t count.

But it is nice to see those who look to the Lord Jesus Christ for righteousness.

You have missed the mark.

Jesus' shed blood on the cross makes us righteous...that means we do not have to be circumcised, etc. It does not mean we no longer have to obey. Why are you not acknowledging all those scriptures that I gave that tells us we have to do something?
Obed
Posts: 463
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2014 11:59:33 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/23/2014 5:59:17 PM, NotTodayWeSay wrote:
At 10/23/2014 2:36:29 PM, Obed wrote:
At 10/22/2014 10:39:38 AM, DPMartin wrote:
What is righteousness? And is it according anything or anyone?

Through our faith in Jesus we become righteous.



In Jesus, I become the righteousness of God. See 2 Corinthians 5:21.

My righteousness, holiness, and redemption come from Jesus Christ. See 1 Corinthians 1:30.

I have the righteousness from God, righteousness by faith; see Romans 1:17.

We have righteousness from God through faith in Jesus because we believe, see Romans 3:22.



By obeying Jesus we become righteous.



Our obedience leads us to righteousness see Romans 6:16.

We are righteous because we obey the perfect law see Romans 2:13.

We do what is right; therefore, we are righteous see 1 John 3:12.

The righteous requirements of the law are fully met in me and all those saved, those who live according to the Spirit, See Romans 8:4.

Righteous acts see Revelation 19:8

We are to offer the parts of our body to Him as instruments of righteousness. Romans 6:13

We are under control of righteousness Romans 6:20

We are to live a righteous life James 1:20

Your obedience leads to gullibility.

Your gullibility obeys a law that endorses slavery, stoning and sacrifice.

You obey what you are told to do through fear, therefore you are cowardly.

The gullible requirements of the law is met in anyone who is afraid, those who live in fear of a hell.

Gullible act see illusions and fantasies.

You are to hurt others in his name and then take the blame when caught.

You are under the control of fear.

You live a gullible life.

You are either a slave to righteousness, or a slave to sin. Since you go against Jesus Christ, you are a slave to sin.
DPMartin
Posts: 1,096
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2014 4:07:51 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/26/2014 11:47:12 AM, Obed wrote:
At 10/24/2014 10:12:35 AM, DPMartin wrote:
At 10/23/2014 2:36:29 PM, Obed wrote:
At 10/22/2014 10:39:38 AM, DPMartin wrote:
What is righteousness? And is it according anything or anyone?

Through our faith in Jesus we become righteous.



In Jesus, I become the righteousness of God. See 2 Corinthians 5:21.

My righteousness, holiness, and redemption come from Jesus Christ. See 1 Corinthians 1:30.

I have the righteousness from God, righteousness by faith; see Romans 1:17.

We have righteousness from God through faith in Jesus because we believe, see Romans 3:22.



By obeying Jesus we become righteous.



Our obedience leads us to righteousness see Romans 6:16.

We are righteous because we obey the perfect law see Romans 2:13.

We do what is right; therefore, we are righteous see 1 John 3:12.

The righteous requirements of the law are fully met in me and all those saved, those who live according to the Spirit, See Romans 8:4.

Righteous acts see Revelation 19:8

We are to offer the parts of our body to Him as instruments of righteousness. Romans 6:13

We are under control of righteousness Romans 6:20

We are to live a righteous life James 1:20

It seems you might be missing the mark. Though I could be mistaken here.

Jesus is the believer"s righteousness, and the Life He has given to the ones born of God"s Spirit. It is that which is of God that is righteous. Plain and simple, its not the deeds that make one righteous it is what is of God that is done of God through and in His that is righteous, hence righteous deeds. Kind of like when God made and created, it wasn"t good until He saw and declared it good, or when the Lord God accounted unto Abraham righteousness because of His faith, because he believed and trusted the Word of God unto him.

And before there might be a self crediting for having faith anyone who knows the Lord knows that the faith is Christ"s Faith and it is maintained in us by His Presence with us. So crediting one"s self for the faith and having the faith, don"t count.

But it is nice to see those who look to the Lord Jesus Christ for righteousness.

You have missed the mark.

Jesus' shed blood on the cross makes us righteous...that means we do not have to be circumcised, etc. It does not mean we no longer have to obey. Why are you not acknowledging all those scriptures that I gave that tells us we have to do something?

The deeds you are referring to are not of ourselves, or it wouldn"t be done would it? As in, without the Lord and being born of the Spirit you wouldn"t do them, nor would you be able to do them to the Father"s satisfaction in the first place.

Noah couldn"t survive the flood without the Lord, Abraham couldn"t be faithful unto the Lord without the Lord, Israel couldn"t survive the desert, win battles, and go into the promised land without the Lord their God. Without the Lord God you"ve got squat own your own efforts to do anything, other than to try and satisfy one"s self.

And as you say, without the Lord Jesus Christ shedding that blood, you've got nothing of your own or of yourself that is satisfactory to be in the Presence of the Almighty unless it be of the Almighty, see?

Prov:16:11: A just weight and balance are the LORD's: all the weights of the bag are his work.

Hence the Throne is His and all that is done in the name of that Throne is His work. The satifaction is the fulfillment of God's Word which is of God and without it, and God desire for it to be fulfilled to His satifaction, you've got squat.
Obed
Posts: 463
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2014 11:04:05 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/26/2014 4:07:51 PM, DPMartin wrote:
At 10/26/2014 11:47:12 AM, Obed wrote:
At 10/24/2014 10:12:35 AM, DPMartin wrote:
At 10/23/2014 2:36:29 PM, Obed wrote:
At 10/22/2014 10:39:38 AM, DPMartin wrote:
What is righteousness? And is it according anything or anyone?

Through our faith in Jesus we become righteous.



In Jesus, I become the righteousness of God. See 2 Corinthians 5:21.

My righteousness, holiness, and redemption come from Jesus Christ. See 1 Corinthians 1:30.

I have the righteousness from God, righteousness by faith; see Romans 1:17.

We have righteousness from God through faith in Jesus because we believe, see Romans 3:22.



By obeying Jesus we become righteous.



Our obedience leads us to righteousness see Romans 6:16.

We are righteous because we obey the perfect law see Romans 2:13.

We do what is right; therefore, we are righteous see 1 John 3:12.

The righteous requirements of the law are fully met in me and all those saved, those who live according to the Spirit, See Romans 8:4.

Righteous acts see Revelation 19:8

We are to offer the parts of our body to Him as instruments of righteousness. Romans 6:13

We are under control of righteousness Romans 6:20

We are to live a righteous life James 1:20

It seems you might be missing the mark. Though I could be mistaken here.

Jesus is the believer"s righteousness, and the Life He has given to the ones born of God"s Spirit. It is that which is of God that is righteous. Plain and simple, its not the deeds that make one righteous it is what is of God that is done of God through and in His that is righteous, hence righteous deeds. Kind of like when God made and created, it wasn"t good until He saw and declared it good, or when the Lord God accounted unto Abraham righteousness because of His faith, because he believed and trusted the Word of God unto him.

And before there might be a self crediting for having faith anyone who knows the Lord knows that the faith is Christ"s Faith and it is maintained in us by His Presence with us. So crediting one"s self for the faith and having the faith, don"t count.

But it is nice to see those who look to the Lord Jesus Christ for righteousness.

You have missed the mark.

Jesus' shed blood on the cross makes us righteous...that means we do not have to be circumcised, etc. It does not mean we no longer have to obey. Why are you not acknowledging all those scriptures that I gave that tells us we have to do something?

The deeds you are referring to are not of ourselves, or it wouldn"t be done would it? As in, without the Lord and being born of the Spirit you wouldn"t do them, nor would you be able to do them to the Father"s satisfaction in the first place.


Noah couldn"t survive the flood without the Lord, Abraham couldn"t be faithful unto the Lord without the Lord, Israel couldn"t survive the desert, win battles, and go into the promised land without the Lord their God. Without the Lord God you"ve got squat own your own efforts to do anything, other than to try and satisfy one"s self.

And as you say, without the Lord Jesus Christ shedding that blood, you've got nothing of your own or of yourself that is satisfactory to be in the Presence of the Almighty unless it be of the Almighty, see?

Prov:16:11: A just weight and balance are the LORD's: all the weights of the bag are his work.

Hence the Throne is His and all that is done in the name of that Throne is His work. The satifaction is the fulfillment of God's Word which is of God and without it, and God desire for it to be fulfilled to His satifaction, you've got squat.

You have been misled from the truth.
We must believe and obey.
DPMartin
Posts: 1,096
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2014 9:48:36 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/26/2014 11:04:05 PM, Obed wrote:
At 10/26/2014 4:07:51 PM, DPMartin wrote:

The deeds you are referring to are not of ourselves, or it wouldn"t be done would it? As in, without the Lord and being born of the Spirit you wouldn"t do them, nor would you be able to do them to the Father"s satisfaction in the first place.


Noah couldn"t survive the flood without the Lord, Abraham couldn"t be faithful unto the Lord without the Lord, Israel couldn"t survive the desert, win battles, and go into the promised land without the Lord their God. Without the Lord God you"ve got squat own your own efforts to do anything, other than to try and satisfy one"s self.

And as you say, without the Lord Jesus Christ shedding that blood, you've got nothing of your own or of yourself that is satisfactory to be in the Presence of the Almighty unless it be of the Almighty, see?

Prov:16:11: A just weight and balance are the LORD's: all the weights of the bag are his work.

Hence the Throne is His and all that is done in the name of that Throne is His work. The satifaction is the fulfillment of God's Word which is of God and without it, and God desire for it to be fulfilled to His satifaction, you've got squat.

You have been misled from the truth.
We must believe and obey.

Just what qualifies as believing according to the Lord, that would qualify someone as one of His? The devil believes there is a God, and also believes Jesus is the Son of God. If the devil obeys does he get restoration and salvation?

You must believe first according to what satisfies the Lord God as believing, which gives one the ability to obey to His satisfaction. The Way of the Lord is just that, of the Lord therefore the ability of the Lord to walk His Way is of Him and will be never be found of human nature.
Obed
Posts: 463
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2014 5:07:03 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/27/2014 9:48:36 AM, DPMartin wrote:
At 10/26/2014 11:04:05 PM, Obed wrote:
At 10/26/2014 4:07:51 PM, DPMartin wrote:

The deeds you are referring to are not of ourselves, or it wouldn"t be done would it? As in, without the Lord and being born of the Spirit you wouldn"t do them, nor would you be able to do them to the Father"s satisfaction in the first place.


Noah couldn"t survive the flood without the Lord, Abraham couldn"t be faithful unto the Lord without the Lord, Israel couldn"t survive the desert, win battles, and go into the promised land without the Lord their God. Without the Lord God you"ve got squat own your own efforts to do anything, other than to try and satisfy one"s self.

And as you say, without the Lord Jesus Christ shedding that blood, you've got nothing of your own or of yourself that is satisfactory to be in the Presence of the Almighty unless it be of the Almighty, see?

Prov:16:11: A just weight and balance are the LORD's: all the weights of the bag are his work.

Hence the Throne is His and all that is done in the name of that Throne is His work. The satifaction is the fulfillment of God's Word which is of God and without it, and God desire for it to be fulfilled to His satifaction, you've got squat.

You have been misled from the truth.
We must believe and obey.

Just what qualifies as believing according to the Lord, that would qualify someone as one of His? The devil believes there is a God, and also believes Jesus is the Son of God. If the devil obeys does he get restoration and salvation?

You must believe first according to what satisfies the Lord God as believing, which gives one the ability to obey to His satisfaction. The Way of the Lord is just that, of the Lord therefore the ability of the Lord to walk His Way is of Him and will be never be found of human nature.

What you say is not truth.
We have to believe and obey Jesus.
There is no special trick to it.
Anyone can do it.
DPMartin
Posts: 1,096
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2014 6:16:34 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/27/2014 5:07:03 PM, Obed wrote:
At 10/27/2014 9:48:36 AM, DPMartin wrote:
At 10/26/2014 11:04:05 PM, Obed wrote:
At 10/26/2014 4:07:51 PM, DPMartin wrote:

The deeds you are referring to are not of ourselves, or it wouldn"t be done would it? As in, without the Lord and being born of the Spirit you wouldn"t do them, nor would you be able to do them to the Father"s satisfaction in the first place.


Noah couldn"t survive the flood without the Lord, Abraham couldn"t be faithful unto the Lord without the Lord, Israel couldn"t survive the desert, win battles, and go into the promised land without the Lord their God. Without the Lord God you"ve got squat own your own efforts to do anything, other than to try and satisfy one"s self.

And as you say, without the Lord Jesus Christ shedding that blood, you've got nothing of your own or of yourself that is satisfactory to be in the Presence of the Almighty unless it be of the Almighty, see?

Prov:16:11: A just weight and balance are the LORD's: all the weights of the bag are his work.

Hence the Throne is His and all that is done in the name of that Throne is His work. The satifaction is the fulfillment of God's Word which is of God and without it, and God desire for it to be fulfilled to His satifaction, you've got squat.

You have been misled from the truth.
We must believe and obey.

Just what qualifies as believing according to the Lord, that would qualify someone as one of His? The devil believes there is a God, and also believes Jesus is the Son of God. If the devil obeys does he get restoration and salvation?

You must believe first according to what satisfies the Lord God as believing, which gives one the ability to obey to His satisfaction. The Way of the Lord is just that, of the Lord therefore the ability of the Lord to walk His Way is of Him and will be never be found of human nature.

What you say is not truth.
We have to believe and obey Jesus.
There is no special trick to it.
Anyone can do it.

Really? Then explain how this works in your happy shiny anyone can theology?
KJV
Mt:7:21: Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
22: Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
23: And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Without the Lord Jesus Christ knowing you, and if you are not born of God, how can He know you? It states here that even doing wonderful works ain"t going to get it. How can that be true in your theology? Ones faith:

KJV
Gal:2:16: Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

Phil:3:9: And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:

Therefore the source and the origin of the Faith that is the Christian Faith. And again, the righteousness which is of God by faith.

And as Jesus said in Jn:3 you must be born of Spirit, and as Paul has said, that flesh cannot inherit the Kingdom of God 1Cor:15:50.
LifeMeansGodIsGood
Posts: 2,744
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2014 6:36:24 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/22/2014 10:39:38 AM, DPMartin wrote:
What is righteousness? And is it according anything or anyone?

Righteousness is perfection, not having to die. It is according to God.
bulproof
Posts: 25,218
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2014 6:45:26 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/27/2014 6:36:24 PM, LifeMeansGodIsGood wrote:
At 10/22/2014 10:39:38 AM, DPMartin wrote:
What is righteousness? And is it according anything or anyone?

Righteousness is perfection, not having to die. It is according to God.
There it is again and people keep doubting me.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Skyangel
Posts: 8,234
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2014 7:14:10 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/22/2014 10:39:38 AM, DPMartin wrote:
What is righteousness? And is it according anything or anyone?

According to the dictionary, Righteousness is the quality of being morally right or justifiable.

When you think of it, it is very subjective and depends on what people judge as being right and wrong and what they judge as moral and immoral.
Obed
Posts: 463
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2014 7:44:28 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/27/2014 6:16:34 PM, DPMartin wrote:

Really? Then explain how this works in your happy shiny anyone can theology?
KJV
Mt:7:21: Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
22: Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
23: And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

That scripture Jesus is saying we have to repent of our sins. Did you read Matthew 7:23? Jesus says they work iniquity. Iniquity is immoral behavior.

Anyone can repent of their sins.
annanicole
Posts: 19,785
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2014 7:45:26 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/22/2014 10:39:38 AM, DPMartin wrote:
What is righteousness? And is it according anything or anyone?

In the NT, righteousness simply means "standing upright" and is a synonym for justification.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
Obed
Posts: 463
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2014 7:49:33 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/27/2014 6:16:34 PM, DPMartin wrote:

Without the Lord Jesus Christ knowing you, and if you are not born of God, how can He know you? It states here that even doing wonderful works ain"t going to get it. How can that be true in your theology? Ones faith:

You have been misled. The Lord knows us when we OBEY.

1 Corinthians 8:3 But whoever loves God is known by God.

We can only love God if we OBEY God.

1 John 5:3 Love for God means obedience to His commands; and His commands are not irksome.
Obed
Posts: 463
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2014 7:59:26 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/27/2014 6:16:34 PM, DPMartin wrote:
KJV
Gal:2:16: Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of :Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the :faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no :flesh be justified.

Phil:3:9: And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, :but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:

Those scriptures are about no one being justified by the works of circumcision anymore, and the other ceremonial works, such as adhering to the dietary laws, and observing special days.

Paul is NOT telling us to believe and do not obey.

We always have to obey God.

The Jews used to have to justify themselves before God by being circumcised, adhering to the dietary laws, doing various external washings, observing special days, and sacrificing animals. Those are the works that no longer justify. The Jews did those things to make themselves clean. Now, faith in Jesus' blood makes us clean. We still have to obey . We just do not have to make ourselves clean anymore by being circumcised, etc.
Obed
Posts: 463
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2014 8:04:21 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/27/2014 6:16:34 PM, DPMartin wrote:
Therefore the source and the origin of the Faith that is the Christian Faith. And again, :the righteousness which is of God by faith.

And as Jesus said in Jn:3 you must be born of Spirit, and as Paul has said, that flesh :cannot inherit the Kingdom of God 1Cor:15:50.

We must be born again. How do you think we are born again? I will tell you. We are born again after we repent and obey Jesus, then Jesus will save you and wash away all your sins by the Holy Spirit whom he will give you. Your sins will be gone. You will have a new life without sin"you will be born again. You will live your new life no longer pleasing the flesh, but now by pleasing the Lord, by living through the Spirit that he gave you.
Skyangel
Posts: 8,234
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2014 8:18:50 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/27/2014 8:04:21 PM, Obed wrote:
At 10/27/2014 6:16:34 PM, DPMartin wrote:
Therefore the source and the origin of the Faith that is the Christian Faith. And again, :the righteousness which is of God by faith.

And as Jesus said in Jn:3 you must be born of Spirit, and as Paul has said, that flesh :cannot inherit the Kingdom of God 1Cor:15:50.

We must be born again. How do you think we are born again? I will tell you. We are born again after we repent and obey Jesus, then Jesus will save you and wash away all your sins by the Holy Spirit whom he will give you. Your sins will be gone. You will have a new life without sin"you will be born again. You will live your new life no longer pleasing the flesh, but now by pleasing the Lord, by living through the Spirit that he gave you.

Are your sins gone?
Do you still sin or do you live a sinless life?
Are all Christians born again?
If so why do so many still sin?
Obed
Posts: 463
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2014 8:28:47 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/27/2014 8:18:50 PM, Skyangel wrote:
At 10/27/2014 8:04:21 PM, Obed wrote:
At 10/27/2014 6:16:34 PM, DPMartin wrote:
Therefore the source and the origin of the Faith that is the Christian Faith. And again, :the righteousness which is of God by faith.

And as Jesus said in Jn:3 you must be born of Spirit, and as Paul has said, that flesh :cannot inherit the Kingdom of God 1Cor:15:50.

We must be born again. How do you think we are born again? I will tell you. We are born again after we repent and obey Jesus, then Jesus will save you and wash away all your sins by the Holy Spirit whom he will give you. Your sins will be gone. You will have a new life without sin"you will be born again. You will live your new life no longer pleasing the flesh, but now by pleasing the Lord, by living through the Spirit that he gave you.

Are your sins gone?
Do you still sin or do you live a sinless life?
Are all Christians born again?
If so why do so many still sin?

All my sins that I committed before I was saved are gone.
I do not live my life the way I used to. I live through the Spirit.
If a Christian does sin, they can find forgiveness if they confess and repent.
All true Christians are born again.
Many still sin because they might not be saved. Many still sin because they do not know the truth better. Many grieve the Holy Spirit, the Spirit that Jesus gave them.
bulproof
Posts: 25,218
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2014 8:36:14 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/27/2014 8:28:47 PM, Obed wrote:
At 10/27/2014 8:18:50 PM, Skyangel wrote:
At 10/27/2014 8:04:21 PM, Obed wrote:
At 10/27/2014 6:16:34 PM, DPMartin wrote:
Therefore the source and the origin of the Faith that is the Christian Faith. And again, :the righteousness which is of God by faith.

And as Jesus said in Jn:3 you must be born of Spirit, and as Paul has said, that flesh :cannot inherit the Kingdom of God 1Cor:15:50.

We must be born again. How do you think we are born again? I will tell you. We are born again after we repent and obey Jesus, then Jesus will save you and wash away all your sins by the Holy Spirit whom he will give you. Your sins will be gone. You will have a new life without sin"you will be born again. You will live your new life no longer pleasing the flesh, but now by pleasing the Lord, by living through the Spirit that he gave you.

Are your sins gone?
Do you still sin or do you live a sinless life?
Are all Christians born again?
If so why do so many still sin?

All my sins that I committed before I was saved are gone.
I do not live my life the way I used to. I live through the Spirit.
If a Christian does sin, they can find forgiveness if they confess and repent.
All true Christians are born again.
Many still sin because they might not be saved. Many still sin because they do not know the truth better. Many grieve the Holy Spirit, the Spirit that Jesus gave them.

Your holy book says that you can't help but sin, you can't not sin.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin