Jump to topic:

Euthanasia

KafkaF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/23/2014 5:35:11 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Of all the 'highly controversial' topics related to religion, this one boggles my mind the most. While I can somewhat understand the opinion of religious people on some other topics, I simply cannot understand why some people have a problem with people just choosing to end their life(And we aren't talking about people who have mental issues, we are talking about completely sane people).

Imagine if you or someone else very close to you had a stroke, and was left in a persistent vegitative state, or even worse, with locked-in syndrome(God forbid any of these ocurring to anybody). Although you/they were put up on life support and could live for many more years, possibly even decades, they would be completely immobile, unable to speak, and in the case of PVS, only semi-conscious. And you/they would have to live a life like this for possibly quite a long time. My question is this: Is this really a life worth living?

If this person decides that this type of life is simply not worth it, are we actually going to keep them trapped in their own body for the rest of their life against their will? There is literally no reason why euthanasia should be illegal - it truly is victimless. Making it illegal for one to actually end their own life doesn't benefit absolutely anybody - the person themselves is left to suffer for the rest of their miserable lifetime, their family is forced to watch them suffer and support them, and taxpayer money which would be better of in other parts of the medical system is used for mainting expensive end-life support machines, a practise that the people using them possibly don't even want.

And why? Because some mythical deity in the sky who may or may not exist said it is bad. That is a pretty... shabby reason, at least from my perspective. Nevertheless, I want to ask euthanasia objectors:

1. What is the prime reason for your objection?

2. What, if anything, would make you change your mind?

3. Do you think there is any reasonable worth in living a life as described above?
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2014 7:28:55 AM
At 10/23/2014 5:35:11 PM, KafkaF wrote:
Of all the 'highly controversial' topics related to religion, this one boggles my mind the most. While I can somewhat understand the opinion of religious people on some other topics, I simply cannot understand why some people have a problem with people just choosing to end their life(And we aren't talking about people who have mental issues, we are talking about completely sane people).

Imagine if you or someone else very close to you had a stroke, and was left in a persistent vegitative state, or even worse, with locked-in syndrome(God forbid any of these ocurring to anybody). Although you/they were put up on life support and could live for many more years, possibly even decades, they would be completely immobile, unable to speak, and in the case of PVS, only semi-conscious. And you/they would have to live a life like this for possibly quite a long time. My question is this: Is this really a life worth living?

If this person decides that this type of life is simply not worth it, are we actually going to keep them trapped in their own body for the rest of their life against their will? There is literally no reason why euthanasia should be illegal - it truly is victimless. Making it illegal for one to actually end their own life doesn't benefit absolutely anybody - the person themselves is left to suffer for the rest of their miserable lifetime, their family is forced to watch them suffer and support them, and taxpayer money which would be better of in other parts of the medical system is used for mainting expensive end-life support machines, a practise that the people using them possibly don't even want.

And why? Because some mythical deity in the sky who may or may not exist said it is bad. That is a pretty... shabby reason, at least from my perspective. Nevertheless, I want to ask euthanasia objectors:

3. Do you think there is any reasonable worth in living a life as described above?

The problem is that they believe their god gave them life and will take that "gift" away whenever it feels like it.
The fact that their god is also supposed to know everything, including the method of death of everybody, never penetrates what they claim is a brain.
According to their belief none of it's creations can do anything that it hasn't already ordained will happen, so how can their god be against the suicide or euthanasia that he has ordained will happen.
They believe that because the make excuses for their god to excuse the contradictions in their beliefs.

Anybody opposed to euthanasia must be a simpleton who has never really lived.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2014 9:36:46 AM

If someone takes his or her own life, it wasn't their decision to do so anyway. Every decision was made by our invisible Creator who had these words written by His prophets;

Amos 4
13: For lo, he who forms the mountains, and creates the wind, and declares to man what is his thought;

Isaiah 45:7
I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things.

Deuteronomy 32
39: "`See now that I, even I, am he, and there is no god beside me; I kill and I make alive; I wound and I heal; and there is none that can deliver out of my hand.

Exodus 4:
10: But Moses said to the LORD, "Oh, my Lord, I am not eloquent, either heretofore or since thou hast spoken to thy servant; but I am slow of speech and of tongue."
11: Then the LORD said to him, "Who has made man's mouth? Who makes him dumb, or deaf, or seeing, or blind? Is it not I, the LORD?
12: Now therefore go, and I will be with your mouth and teach you what you shall speak."
KafkaF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2014 10:44:55 AM
At 10/26/2014 9:36:46 AM, bornofgod wrote:

If someone takes his or her own life, it wasn't their decision to do so anyway. Every decision was made by our invisible Creator who had these words written by His prophets;

Amos 4
13: For lo, he who forms the mountains, and creates the wind, and declares to man what is his thought;

I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things.

Deuteronomy 32
39: "`See now that I, even I, am he, and there is no god beside me; I kill and I make alive; I wound and I heal; and there is none that can deliver out of my hand.

Exodus 4:
10: But Moses said to the LORD, "Oh, my Lord, I am not eloquent, either heretofore or since thou hast spoken to thy servant; but I am slow of speech and of tongue."
11: Then the LORD said to him, "Who has made man's mouth? Who makes him dumb, or deaf, or seeing, or blind? Is it not I, the LORD?
12: Now therefore go, and I will be with your mouth and teach you what you shall speak."

I actually wonder why more religious people don't think this way. If you kill yourself, isn't that a part of your God's plan anyway? Or is it actually possible to interfere with it's plan?
Obed
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2014 12:17:47 PM

Amos 4

Deuteronomy 32

Exodus 4:

You need to study the KJV with a translation in our English.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2014 8:23:25 PM
At 10/26/2014 10:44:55 AM, KafkaF wrote:

Amos 4

Deuteronomy 32

Exodus 4:

I actually wonder why more religious people don't think this way. If you kill yourself, isn't that a part of your God's plan anyway? Or is it actually possible to interfere with it's plan?

Religious people don't speak from the mind of our Creator like I do. That's why I know what's going on and they don't. None of us kill anyone because we're only illusions that appear to be killing other illusions. Our Creator is the actual killer because He designed us to look like we kill each other in this virtual ( make-believe ) world that we experience life in.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2014 8:25:13 PM
At 10/26/2014 12:17:47 PM, Obed wrote:

Amos 4

Deuteronomy 32

Exodus 4:

I don't have to study any Bible. I speak from the invisible mind of our Creator where all the original writings by God's saints and prophets came from.
Obed
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2014 8:38:26 PM
At 10/27/2014 8:25:13 PM, bornofgod wrote:

Amos 4

Deuteronomy 32

Exodus 4:

I don't have to study any Bible. I speak from the invisible mind of our Creator where all the original writings by God's saints and prophets came from.

You have deceived yourself.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2014 8:41:34 PM
At 10/27/2014 8:38:26 PM, Obed wrote:

Amos 4

Deuteronomy 32

Exodus 4:

How can I be deceived when I was the one who planned the deceiver to keep My people from knowing Me during this first age?
Obed
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2014 8:47:42 PM
At 10/27/2014 8:41:34 PM, bornofgod wrote:

Amos 4

Deuteronomy 32

Exodus 4:

How can I be deceived when I was the one who planned the deceiver to keep My people from knowing Me during this first age?

How do you ever get that you are not deceived?
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2014 8:52:33 PM
At 10/27/2014 8:47:42 PM, Obed wrote:

Amos 4

Deuteronomy 32

Exodus 4:

Only a few believers who call themselves Christians get to know Me during this first age, just like a few Muslims, Jews, and atheists have during this first age. You must not be one of My chosen believers. Otherwise, you would listen to My voice and obey all my commandments.
Obed
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2014 8:54:31 PM
At 10/27/2014 8:52:33 PM, bornofgod wrote:

Amos 4

Deuteronomy 32

Exodus 4:

Only a few believers who call themselves Christians get to know Me during this first age, just like a few Muslims, Jews, and atheists have during this first age. You must not be one of My chosen believers. Otherwise, you would listen to My voice and obey all my commandments.

We become like Jesus. We do not become Jesus.

You are not Jesus.

You did not die for the sins of the world.

Your blood does not take away sin.
RoderickSpode
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2014 8:55:08 PM

I think most of the issue against euthanasia by Christians is directed towards involuntary euthanasia, which a number of seemingly well intentioned people actually support (specifically children with Down Syndrome).
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2014 8:56:46 PM
At 10/27/2014 8:54:31 PM, Obed wrote:

Amos 4

Deuteronomy 32

Exodus 4:

You are not Jesus.

As long as you believe the flesh of man is real, you will be deceived of who you are in Me, your invisible Creator.
Obed
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2014 9:00:19 PM
At 10/27/2014 8:56:46 PM, bornofgod wrote:

Amos 4

Deuteronomy 32

Exodus 4:

You are not Jesus.

As long as you believe the flesh of man is real, you will be deceived of who you are in Me, your invisible Creator.

I hope you have a care taker to watch over you.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2014 9:01:41 PM
At 10/27/2014 9:00:19 PM, Obed wrote:

Amos 4

Deuteronomy 32

Exodus 4:

You are not Jesus.

Since I am the mind of God, I don't need anything else. Why do you fear Me?
Obed
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2014 9:03:31 PM
At 10/27/2014 9:01:41 PM, bornofgod wrote:

Amos 4

Deuteronomy 32

Exodus 4:

You are not Jesus.

The scriptures say Christians have the mind of Christ.

To have the mind of Christ is to have an obedient mind.

Obey Jesus and get a sound mind.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2014 9:05:22 PM
At 10/27/2014 9:03:31 PM, Obed wrote:

Amos 4

Deuteronomy 32

Exodus 4:

You are not Jesus.

The scriptures can't speak. It's obvious you are under a very strong delusion called the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, which kept all My people from the tree of life.
Obed
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2014 9:31:59 PM
At 10/27/2014 9:05:22 PM, bornofgod wrote:

Amos 4

Deuteronomy 32

Exodus 4:

You are not Jesus.

The scriptures can't speak. It's obvious you are under a very strong delusion called the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, which kept all My people from the tree of life.

You are confused.

Genesis 3:22 And the LORD God said, "The man has now become like one of us, knowing good and evil. He must not be allowed to reach out his hand and take also from the tree of life and eat, and live forever."
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2014 9:35:01 PM
At 10/27/2014 9:31:59 PM, Obed wrote:
At 10/27/2014 9:05:22 PM, bornofgod wrote:

Amos 4

Deuteronomy 32

Exodus 4:

You are not Jesus.

You are confused.

Genesis 3:22 And the LORD God said, "The man has now become like one of us, knowing good and evil. He must not be allowed to reach out his hand and take also from the tree of life and eat, and live forever."

It's you who doesn't understand the difference between the visible and the invisible things of God.
Obed
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2014 9:40:16 PM
At 10/27/2014 9:35:01 PM, bornofgod wrote:

It's you who doesn't understand the difference between the visible and the invisible things of God.

Do you believe this or not?

Genesis 3:22 And the LORD God said, "The man has now become like one of us, knowing good and evil. He must not be allowed to reach out his hand and take also from the tree of life and eat, and live forever.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2014 9:42:58 PM
At 10/27/2014 9:40:16 PM, Obed wrote:

Genesis 3:22 And the LORD God said, "The man has now become like one of us, knowing good and evil. He must not be allowed to reach out his hand and take also from the tree of life and eat, and live forever.

Do I have to believe what I have created my dear lost child?
Obed
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2014 9:53:03 PM
At 10/27/2014 9:42:58 PM, bornofgod wrote:

Good bye.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2014 8:04:50 AM
At 10/27/2014 9:53:03 PM, Obed wrote:

Good bye.

When a lost child of Mine says "Good bye", it's only temporary for all My children will bow down to Me soon.
Obed
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2014 10:46:05 AM
At 10/28/2014 8:04:50 AM, bornofgod wrote:

Good bye.

When a lost child of Mine says "Good bye", it's only temporary for all My children will bow down to Me soon.

I am not going to speak to you when you pretend you are God Himself. However, any other time is okay.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2014 11:54:03 AM
At 10/28/2014 10:46:05 AM, Obed wrote:
At 10/28/2014 8:04:50 AM, bornofgod wrote:

Good bye.

I am not going to speak to you when you pretend you are God Himself. However, any other time is okay.

My Christians are the pretenders because they don't know who I AM. They read words in a book and pretend to know Me.