Total Posts:26|Showing Posts:1-26
Jump to topic:

Can God-breathed be defined universally?

biznis
Posts: 125
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2014 12:13:34 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Provided the religion only believes in one God, can't the word God-breathed be defined the same way whether it's Judaism, Christianity, or Islam.

Just because God's change throughout the religion's.....the definition of the word God-breathed...should be relatively the same no matter what religion is being referred to.....Is that correct?

I ask this question....because I am trying to define God-breathed.

Any time any God is claimed to have spoken or said something...isn't that God-breathed?

Thanks.......
Karmanator
Posts: 142
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2014 12:18:39 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
When I thinknof the reference god breathed I think of god giving life to inanimate objects. Thing is nothing is truly inanimate so there is no need for it, to me god breathed is matters default status.
Geogeer
Posts: 4,280
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2014 12:43:34 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/24/2014 12:13:34 PM, biznis wrote:
Provided the religion only believes in one God, can't the word God-breathed be defined the same way whether it's Judaism, Christianity, or Islam.

Just because God's change throughout the religion's.....the definition of the word God-breathed...should be relatively the same no matter what religion is being referred to.....Is that correct?

I ask this question....because I am trying to define God-breathed.

Any time any God is claimed to have spoken or said something...isn't that God-breathed?

Thanks.......

In the other thread you are trying to play semantics.

The word inspiration comes by way of Vulgate Latin and the King James English translations of the Greek word theopneustos, literally, "God-breathed" - found in 2 Timothy 3:16"3:17

http://en.wikipedia.org...

and for more...

http://www.cathtruth.com...
biznis
Posts: 125
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2014 4:33:04 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/24/2014 12:43:34 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 10/24/2014 12:13:34 PM, biznis wrote:
Provided the religion only believes in one God, can't the word God-breathed be defined the same way whether it's Judaism, Christianity, or Islam.

Just because God's change throughout the religion's.....the definition of the word God-breathed...should be relatively the same no matter what religion is being referred to.....Is that correct?

I ask this question....because I am trying to define God-breathed.

Any time any God is claimed to have spoken or said something...isn't that God-breathed?

Thanks.......

In the other thread you are trying to play semantics.

How am I different in this thread as opposed to the other?

In the other thread I asked for clear and concise definitions of scripture, word of god, god breathed, and god-inspired. I am still looking for a satisfactory definition to these words.

When trying to define the word God-breathed...I realized that no matter what God someone is talking about....God-breathed would still be defined the same.

This my definition so far for God-breathed: Spoken by God, A God Quote(not paraphrased), Words directly from God

I am just trying to get some definitions established right now....I am not trying to draw any conclusion from the definitions at this point ....just trying to get an agreed upon definition for each word.

The word inspiration comes by way of Vulgate Latin and the King James English translations of the Greek word theopneustos, literally, "God-breathed" - found in 2 Timothy 3:16"3:17

http://en.wikipedia.org...

and for more...

http://www.cathtruth.com...
biznis
Posts: 125
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2014 5:20:37 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/24/2014 12:18:39 PM, Karmanator wrote:
When I thinknof the reference god breathed I think of god giving life to inanimate objects. Thing is nothing is truly inanimate so there is no need for it, to me god breathed is matters default status.

I understand exactly what you mean, but I was referring more to God-breathed(Spoken from God or whispered by God into someone's ear), rather than when God breathes life into something or someone.

Thanks for your response!
Geogeer
Posts: 4,280
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2014 6:57:42 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/24/2014 4:33:04 PM, biznis wrote:
At 10/24/2014 12:43:34 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 10/24/2014 12:13:34 PM, biznis wrote:
Provided the religion only believes in one God, can't the word God-breathed be defined the same way whether it's Judaism, Christianity, or Islam.

Just because God's change throughout the religion's.....the definition of the word God-breathed...should be relatively the same no matter what religion is being referred to.....Is that correct?

I ask this question....because I am trying to define God-breathed.

Any time any God is claimed to have spoken or said something...isn't that God-breathed?

Thanks.......

In the other thread you are trying to play semantics.

How am I different in this thread as opposed to the other?

In the other thread I asked for clear and concise definitions of scripture, word of god, god breathed, and god-inspired. I am still looking for a satisfactory definition to these words.

When trying to define the word God-breathed...I realized that no matter what God someone is talking about....God-breathed would still be defined the same.

This my definition so far for God-breathed: Spoken by God, A God Quote(not paraphrased), Words directly from God

I am just trying to get some definitions established right now....I am not trying to draw any conclusion from the definitions at this point ....just trying to get an agreed upon definition for each word.

It isn't. The first responder gave decent answers, but you did not accept that god-breathed and inspired were essentially interchangeable. Yet you've decided to rephrase God-breathed to something else.

Precise definitions are not always as simple in religious discourse as you would seem to like. If you would like something precise then I will offer the following for your reading:

http://www.vatican.va...
bornofgod
Posts: 11,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2014 7:32:37 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/24/2014 12:13:34 PM, biznis wrote:
Provided the religion only believes in one God, can't the word God-breathed be defined the same way whether it's Judaism, Christianity, or Islam.

Just because God's change throughout the religion's.....the definition of the word God-breathed...should be relatively the same no matter what religion is being referred to.....Is that correct?

I ask this question....because I am trying to define God-breathed.

Any time any God is claimed to have spoken or said something...isn't that God-breathed?

Thanks.......

God's breath ( breath of life ) is His thoughts were we ALL exist as characters, ready to experience ALL His illusions that He formed for us to give us make-believe worlds to live in.

Genesis 2
7: then the LORD God formed man of dust from the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living being.

Job 33
1: "But now, hear my speech, O Job, and listen to all my words.
2: Behold, I open my mouth; the tongue in my mouth speaks.
3: My words declare the uprightness of my heart, and what my lips know they speak sincerely.
4: The spirit of God has made me, and the breath of the Almighty gives me life.
5: Answer me, if you can; set your words in order before me; take your stand.
6: Behold, I am toward God as you are; I too was formed from a piece of clay.

Amos 4
13: For lo, he who forms the mountains, and creates the wind, and declares to man what is his thought; who makes the morning darkness, and treads on the heights of the earth -- the LORD, the God of hosts, is his name!

Psalm 94
7: and they say, "The LORD does not see; the God of Jacob does not perceive."
8: Understand, O dullest of the people! Fools, when will you be wise?
9: He who planted the ear, does he not hear? He who formed the eye, does he not see?
10: He who chastens the nations, does he not chastise? He who teaches men knowledge,
11: the LORD, knows the thoughts of man, that they are but a breath.
biznis
Posts: 125
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2014 6:47:34 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/24/2014 6:57:42 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 10/24/2014 4:33:04 PM, biznis wrote:
At 10/24/2014 12:43:34 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 10/24/2014 12:13:34 PM, biznis wrote:
Provided the religion only believes in one God, can't the word God-breathed be defined the same way whether it's Judaism, Christianity, or Islam.

Just because God's change throughout the religion's.....the definition of the word God-breathed...should be relatively the same no matter what religion is being referred to.....Is that correct?

I ask this question....because I am trying to define God-breathed.

Any time any God is claimed to have spoken or said something...isn't that God-breathed?

Thanks.......

In the other thread you are trying to play semantics.

How am I different in this thread as opposed to the other?

In the other thread I asked for clear and concise definitions of scripture, word of god, god breathed, and god-inspired. I am still looking for a satisfactory definition to these words.

When trying to define the word God-breathed...I realized that no matter what God someone is talking about....God-breathed would still be defined the same.

This my definition so far for God-breathed: Spoken by God, A God Quote(not paraphrased), Words directly from God

I am just trying to get some definitions established right now....I am not trying to draw any conclusion from the definitions at this point ....just trying to get an agreed upon definition for each word.

It isn't. The first responder gave decent answers, but you did not accept that god-breathed and inspired were essentially interchangeable. Yet you've decided to rephrase God-breathed to something else.

Precise definitions are not always as simple in religious discourse as you would seem to like. If you would like something precise then I will offer the following for your reading: I'm sorry this task that I have asked you for is so difficult. But providing definitions for words is nothing new. My definition for God-breathed is not set in stone.....if you look....I ask is this an acceptable definition? I did not say this will be the definition I am using when I debate.

it may take weeks to generate an acceptable definition that both people can agree upon.

If your not up to the task...it's ok.....this will take awhile.....

I

http://www.vatican.va...
Geogeer
Posts: 4,280
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2014 8:24:33 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/25/2014 6:47:34 AM, biznis wrote:
At 10/24/2014 6:57:42 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 10/24/2014 4:33:04 PM, biznis wrote:
At 10/24/2014 12:43:34 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 10/24/2014 12:13:34 PM, biznis wrote:
Provided the religion only believes in one God, can't the word God-breathed be defined the same way whether it's Judaism, Christianity, or Islam.

Just because God's change throughout the religion's.....the definition of the word God-breathed...should be relatively the same no matter what religion is being referred to.....Is that correct?

I ask this question....because I am trying to define God-breathed.

Any time any God is claimed to have spoken or said something...isn't that God-breathed?

Thanks.......

In the other thread you are trying to play semantics.

How am I different in this thread as opposed to the other?

In the other thread I asked for clear and concise definitions of scripture, word of god, god breathed, and god-inspired. I am still looking for a satisfactory definition to these words.

When trying to define the word God-breathed...I realized that no matter what God someone is talking about....God-breathed would still be defined the same.

This my definition so far for God-breathed: Spoken by God, A God Quote(not paraphrased), Words directly from God

I am just trying to get some definitions established right now....I am not trying to draw any conclusion from the definitions at this point ....just trying to get an agreed upon definition for each word.

It isn't. The first responder gave decent answers, but you did not accept that god-breathed and inspired were essentially interchangeable. Yet you've decided to rephrase God-breathed to something else.

Precise definitions are not always as simple in religious discourse as you would seem to like. If you would like something precise then I will offer the following for your reading:

I'm sorry this task that I have asked you for is so difficult. But providing definitions for words is nothing new. My definition for God-breathed is not set in stone.....if you look....I ask is this an acceptable definition? I did not say this will be the definition I am using when I debate.

it may take weeks to generate an acceptable definition that both people can agree upon.

If your not up to the task...it's ok.....this will take awhile.....

I am up to the task and I just provided you with definitions that I am comfortable with.

http://www.vatican.va...

You come in and ask for definitions. As you are looking for something in the bible you must accept the definitions set forth by those whose job it is to protect sacred scripture. It is not something to be agreed upon by both parties.
DPMartin
Posts: 1,096
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2014 10:45:11 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/24/2014 12:13:34 PM, biznis wrote:
Provided the religion only believes in one God, can't the word God-breathed be defined the same way whether it's Judaism, Christianity, or Islam.

Just because God's change throughout the religion's.....the definition of the word God-breathed...should be relatively the same no matter what religion is being referred to.....Is that correct?

I ask this question....because I am trying to define God-breathed.

Any time any God is claimed to have spoken or said something...isn't that God-breathed?

Thanks.......

God-breathed isn"t a word nor is it a term, at least in the Christian community. There may be some agreed understand depending on the denomination when ref. to God's breath, but scripturally, its not a term. Which seems you want to create.

Are you trying to make a one world religion or something? The different religions are different. And if you want to know what the similarities and differences are, then why don"t you just do you home work and read the available documents yourself?
biznis
Posts: 125
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2014 10:49:51 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/24/2014 6:57:42 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 10/24/2014 4:33:04 PM, biznis wrote:
At 10/24/2014 12:43:34 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 10/24/2014 12:13:34 PM, biznis wrote:
Provided the religion only believes in one God, can't the word God-breathed be defined the same way whether it's Judaism, Christianity, or Islam.

Just because God's change throughout the religion's.....the definition of the word God-breathed...should be relatively the same no matter what religion is being referred to.....Is that correct?

I ask this question....because I am trying to define God-breathed.

Any time any God is claimed to have spoken or said something...isn't that God-breathed?

Thanks.......

In the other thread you are trying to play semantics.

How am I different in this thread as opposed to the other?

In the other thread I asked for clear and concise definitions of scripture, word of god, god breathed, and god-inspired. I am still looking for a satisfactory definition to these words.

When trying to define the word God-breathed...I realized that no matter what God someone is talking about....God-breathed would still be defined the same.

This my definition so far for God-breathed: Spoken by God, A God Quote(not paraphrased), Words directly from God

I am just trying to get some definitions established right now....I am not trying to draw any conclusion from the definitions at this point ....just trying to get an agreed upon definition for each word.

It isn't. The first responder gave decent answers, but you did not accept that god-breathed and inspired were essentially interchangeable. Yet you've decided to rephrase God-breathed to something else.

Precise definitions are not always as simple in religious discourse as you would seem to like. If you would like something precise then I will offer the following for your reading:

Of course, precise definitions aren't easy for these words...if they were easy I wouldn't need help defining them.....I said from the start it would be difficult.....

I am certainly not going to take "only" the first response I get for a possible definition....the more responses the more accurate the definition's can potentially be...

http://www.vatican.va...
biznis
Posts: 125
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2014 10:52:51 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/24/2014 7:32:37 PM, bornofgod wrote:
At 10/24/2014 12:13:34 PM, biznis wrote:
Provided the religion only believes in one God, can't the word God-breathed be defined the same way whether it's Judaism, Christianity, or Islam.

Just because God's change throughout the religion's.....the definition of the word God-breathed...should be relatively the same no matter what religion is being referred to.....Is that correct?

I ask this question....because I am trying to define God-breathed.

Any time any God is claimed to have spoken or said something...isn't that God-breathed?

Thanks.......

God's breath ( breath of life ) is His thoughts were we ALL exist as characters, ready to experience ALL His illusions that He formed for us to give us make-believe worlds to live in.

Genesis 2
7: then the LORD God formed man of dust from the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living being.

Job 33
1: "But now, hear my speech, O Job, and listen to all my words.
2: Behold, I open my mouth; the tongue in my mouth speaks.
3: My words declare the uprightness of my heart, and what my lips know they speak sincerely.
4: The spirit of God has made me, and the breath of the Almighty gives me life.
5: Answer me, if you can; set your words in order before me; take your stand.
6: Behold, I am toward God as you are; I too was formed from a piece of clay.

Amos 4
13: For lo, he who forms the mountains, and creates the wind, and declares to man what is his thought; who makes the morning darkness, and treads on the heights of the earth -- the LORD, the God of hosts, is his name!

Psalm 94
7: and they say, "The LORD does not see; the God of Jacob does not perceive."
8: Understand, O dullest of the people! Fools, when will you be wise?
9: He who planted the ear, does he not hear? He who formed the eye, does he not see?
10: He who chastens the nations, does he not chastise? He who teaches men knowledge,
11: the LORD, knows the thoughts of man, that they are but a breath.

Not sure what you are talking about.......Is that a Yes or a No to my universal god-breathed question?
bornofgod
Posts: 11,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2014 3:11:05 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/25/2014 10:52:51 AM, biznis wrote:
At 10/24/2014 7:32:37 PM, bornofgod wrote:
At 10/24/2014 12:13:34 PM, biznis wrote:
Provided the religion only believes in one God, can't the word God-breathed be defined the same way whether it's Judaism, Christianity, or Islam.

Just because God's change throughout the religion's.....the definition of the word God-breathed...should be relatively the same no matter what religion is being referred to.....Is that correct?

I ask this question....because I am trying to define God-breathed.

Any time any God is claimed to have spoken or said something...isn't that God-breathed?

Thanks.......

God's breath ( breath of life ) is His thoughts were we ALL exist as characters, ready to experience ALL His illusions that He formed for us to give us make-believe worlds to live in.

Genesis 2
7: then the LORD God formed man of dust from the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living being.

Job 33
1: "But now, hear my speech, O Job, and listen to all my words.
2: Behold, I open my mouth; the tongue in my mouth speaks.
3: My words declare the uprightness of my heart, and what my lips know they speak sincerely.
4: The spirit of God has made me, and the breath of the Almighty gives me life.
5: Answer me, if you can; set your words in order before me; take your stand.
6: Behold, I am toward God as you are; I too was formed from a piece of clay.

Amos 4
13: For lo, he who forms the mountains, and creates the wind, and declares to man what is his thought; who makes the morning darkness, and treads on the heights of the earth -- the LORD, the God of hosts, is his name!

Psalm 94
7: and they say, "The LORD does not see; the God of Jacob does not perceive."
8: Understand, O dullest of the people! Fools, when will you be wise?
9: He who planted the ear, does he not hear? He who formed the eye, does he not see?
10: He who chastens the nations, does he not chastise? He who teaches men knowledge,
11: the LORD, knows the thoughts of man, that they are but a breath.

Not sure what you are talking about.......Is that a Yes or a No to my universal god-breathed question?

Yes !!!! Everything is God-breathed into existence.
biznis
Posts: 125
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2014 12:19:46 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/24/2014 7:32:37 PM, bornofgod wrote:
At 10/24/2014 12:13:34 PM, biznis wrote:
Provided the religion only believes in one God, can't the word God-breathed be defined the same way whether it's Judaism, Christianity, or Islam.

Just because God's change throughout the religion's.....the definition of the word God-breathed...should be relatively the same no matter what religion is being referred to.....Is that correct?

I ask this question....because I am trying to define God-breathed.

Any time any God is claimed to have spoken or said something...isn't that God-breathed?

Thanks.......

God's breath ( breath of life ) is His thoughts were we ALL exist as characters, ready to experience ALL His illusions that He formed for us to give us make-believe worlds to live in.

Genesis 2
7: then the LORD God formed man of dust from the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living being.

Job 33
1: "But now, hear my speech, O Job, and listen to all my words.
2: Behold, I open my mouth; the tongue in my mouth speaks.
3: My words declare the uprightness of my heart, and what my lips know they speak sincerely.
4: The spirit of God has made me, and the breath of the Almighty gives me life.
5: Answer me, if you can; set your words in order before me; take your stand.
6: Behold, I am toward God as you are; I too was formed from a piece of clay.

Amos 4
13: For lo, he who forms the mountains, and creates the wind, and declares to man what is his thought; who makes the morning darkness, and treads on the heights of the earth -- the LORD, the God of hosts, is his name!

Psalm 94
7: and they say, "The LORD does not see; the God of Jacob does not perceive."
8: Understand, O dullest of the people! Fools, when will you be wise?
9: He who planted the ear, does he not hear? He who formed the eye, does he not see?
10: He who chastens the nations, does he not chastise? He who teaches men knowledge,
11: the LORD, knows the thoughts of man, that they are but a breath.

The above is great and all......but
You didn't answer the question here either......
biznis
Posts: 125
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2014 12:31:13 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/25/2014 8:24:33 AM, Geogeer wrote:
At 10/25/2014 6:47:34 AM, biznis wrote:
At 10/24/2014 6:57:42 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 10/24/2014 4:33:04 PM, biznis wrote:
At 10/24/2014 12:43:34 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 10/24/2014 12:13:34 PM, biznis wrote:
Provided the religion only believes in one God, can't the word God-breathed be defined the same way whether it's Judaism, Christianity, or Islam.

Just because God's change throughout the religion's.....the definition of the word God-breathed...should be relatively the same no matter what religion is being referred to.....Is that correct?

I ask this question....because I am trying to define God-breathed.

Any time any God is claimed to have spoken or said something...isn't that God-breathed?

Thanks.......

In the other thread you are trying to play semantics.

How am I different in this thread as opposed to the other?

In the other thread I asked for clear and concise definitions of scripture, word of god, god breathed, and god-inspired. I am still looking for a satisfactory definition to these words.

When trying to define the word God-breathed...I realized that no matter what God someone is talking about....God-breathed would still be defined the same.

This my definition so far for God-breathed: Spoken by God, A God Quote(not paraphrased), Words directly from God

I am just trying to get some definitions established right now....I am not trying to draw any conclusion from the definitions at this point ....just trying to get an agreed upon definition for each word.

It isn't. The first responder gave decent answers, but you did not accept that god-breathed and inspired were essentially interchangeable. Yet you've decided to rephrase God-breathed to something else.

Precise definitions are not always as simple in religious discourse as you would seem to like. If you would like something precise then I will offer the following for your reading:

I'm sorry this task that I have asked you for is so difficult. But providing definitions for words is nothing new. My definition for God-breathed is not set in stone.....if you look....I ask is this an acceptable definition? I did not say this will be the definition I am using when I debate.

it may take weeks to generate an acceptable definition that both people can agree upon.

If your not up to the task...it's ok.....this will take awhile.....

I am up to the task and I just provided you with definitions that I am comfortable with.

http://www.vatican.va...

You come in and ask for definitions. As you are looking for something in the bible you must accept the definitions set forth by those whose job it is to protect sacred scripture. It is not something to be agreed upon by both parties.

"you must accept the definitions set forth by those whose job it is to protect sacred scripture" That would be much easier....contact them and get the definitions from them.......Let me know what they say.....

Btw, I found Scripture in the Merriam Webster Dictionary......so that one...won't be as hard.....

I am still working on Word of God / God Breathed / Inspired by God/God Inspired

All feedback helps in one way or another....

Thanks
Geogeer
Posts: 4,280
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2014 12:35:01 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/26/2014 12:31:13 AM, biznis wrote:
At 10/25/2014 8:24:33 AM, Geogeer wrote:
At 10/25/2014 6:47:34 AM, biznis wrote:
At 10/24/2014 6:57:42 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 10/24/2014 4:33:04 PM, biznis wrote:
At 10/24/2014 12:43:34 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 10/24/2014 12:13:34 PM, biznis wrote:
Provided the religion only believes in one God, can't the word God-breathed be defined the same way whether it's Judaism, Christianity, or Islam.

Just because God's change throughout the religion's.....the definition of the word God-breathed...should be relatively the same no matter what religion is being referred to.....Is that correct?

I ask this question....because I am trying to define God-breathed.

Any time any God is claimed to have spoken or said something...isn't that God-breathed?

Thanks.......

In the other thread you are trying to play semantics.

How am I different in this thread as opposed to the other?

In the other thread I asked for clear and concise definitions of scripture, word of god, god breathed, and god-inspired. I am still looking for a satisfactory definition to these words.

When trying to define the word God-breathed...I realized that no matter what God someone is talking about....God-breathed would still be defined the same.

This my definition so far for God-breathed: Spoken by God, A God Quote(not paraphrased), Words directly from God

I am just trying to get some definitions established right now....I am not trying to draw any conclusion from the definitions at this point ....just trying to get an agreed upon definition for each word.

It isn't. The first responder gave decent answers, but you did not accept that god-breathed and inspired were essentially interchangeable. Yet you've decided to rephrase God-breathed to something else.

Precise definitions are not always as simple in religious discourse as you would seem to like. If you would like something precise then I will offer the following for your reading:

I'm sorry this task that I have asked you for is so difficult. But providing definitions for words is nothing new. My definition for God-breathed is not set in stone.....if you look....I ask is this an acceptable definition? I did not say this will be the definition I am using when I debate.

it may take weeks to generate an acceptable definition that both people can agree upon.

If your not up to the task...it's ok.....this will take awhile.....

I am up to the task and I just provided you with definitions that I am comfortable with.

http://www.vatican.va...

You come in and ask for definitions. As you are looking for something in the bible you must accept the definitions set forth by those whose job it is to protect sacred scripture. It is not something to be agreed upon by both parties.

"you must accept the definitions set forth by those whose job it is to protect sacred scripture" That would be much easier....contact them and get the definitions from them.......Let me know what they say.....

I already did. Do you even know how we arrived at swhat is scripture? Who said this is scripture? Why did people accept it when those people said it?
biznis
Posts: 125
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2014 12:59:18 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/25/2014 10:45:11 AM, DPMartin wrote:
At 10/24/2014 12:13:34 PM, biznis wrote:
Provided the religion only believes in one God, can't the word God-breathed be defined the same way whether it's Judaism, Christianity, or Islam.

Just because God's change throughout the religion's.....the definition of the word God-breathed...should be relatively the same no matter what religion is being referred to.....Is that correct?

I ask this question....because I am trying to define God-breathed.

Any time any God is claimed to have spoken or said something...isn't that God-breathed?

Thanks.......

": God-breathed isn"t a word nor is it a term, at least in the Christian community. " Are you sThere may be some agreed understand depending on the denomination when ref. to God's breath, but scripturally, its not a term. Which seems you want to create.



I think you are misunderstanding my question...but that's ok.....not the first...won't be the last.....

I maybe wrong because translations of words vary....but I thought Timothy used the word God-breathed or God inspired in describing Scripture in the New Testament.

That's why I was asking about getting a possible definition for what God-breathed actually means....

Because it's a word that has been used so sparingly by anyone inside or outside the Christian Community. Webster dictionary has no definition for God-breathed

I knew Timothy might have said it.....but I didn't know he was the first and last person to ever coin the word.

If it's not an agreed upon word among the Christian Community....then I have no desire to talk any further about the word or use it any of my future posts.

That is, if the consensus believe there is no place for the word God-breathed in Christianity or Judaism.

Thanks for your great response!
bornofgod
Posts: 11,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2014 9:12:14 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/26/2014 12:19:46 AM, biznis wrote:
At 10/24/2014 7:32:37 PM, bornofgod wrote:
At 10/24/2014 12:13:34 PM, biznis wrote:
Provided the religion only believes in one God, can't the word God-breathed be defined the same way whether it's Judaism, Christianity, or Islam.

Just because God's change throughout the religion's.....the definition of the word God-breathed...should be relatively the same no matter what religion is being referred to.....Is that correct?

I ask this question....because I am trying to define God-breathed.

Any time any God is claimed to have spoken or said something...isn't that God-breathed?

Thanks.......

God's breath ( breath of life ) is His thoughts were we ALL exist as characters, ready to experience ALL His illusions that He formed for us to give us make-believe worlds to live in.

Genesis 2
7: then the LORD God formed man of dust from the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living being.

Job 33
1: "But now, hear my speech, O Job, and listen to all my words.
2: Behold, I open my mouth; the tongue in my mouth speaks.
3: My words declare the uprightness of my heart, and what my lips know they speak sincerely.
4: The spirit of God has made me, and the breath of the Almighty gives me life.
5: Answer me, if you can; set your words in order before me; take your stand.
6: Behold, I am toward God as you are; I too was formed from a piece of clay.

Amos 4
13: For lo, he who forms the mountains, and creates the wind, and declares to man what is his thought; who makes the morning darkness, and treads on the heights of the earth -- the LORD, the God of hosts, is his name!

Psalm 94
7: and they say, "The LORD does not see; the God of Jacob does not perceive."
8: Understand, O dullest of the people! Fools, when will you be wise?
9: He who planted the ear, does he not hear? He who formed the eye, does he not see?
10: He who chastens the nations, does he not chastise? He who teaches men knowledge,
11: the LORD, knows the thoughts of man, that they are but a breath.

The above is great and all......but
You didn't answer the question here either......

The answer is yes and I gave you some thoughts by men who understood that all our thoughts come from our invisible Creator and His consciousness.

Most of the thoughts in this world are to describe the illusions that they observe, which are not our reality. These thoughts will die as we all perish by the end of this age. In the next age, we will get new illusions to observe that are totally different than anything we've ever seen in this world. We'll also be taught ONE language in Paradise so we will never be separated into various groups with different languages to describe the same illusions. This means we will all understand each other as we share our stories about what we observe in our individual experiences ( visions and dreams ).

I'm pretty excited about living in the new age to come because I have a lot of knowledge about how we'll experience God's new illusions that won't be governed by the same laws as the laws that govern the illusions in this world. What I mean by this is that we will be flying in the next age because we won't understand what gravity is.

We won't be having day and night in Paradise because God won't need the sun, stars, moons, etc. to use to teach us about time and geometric shapes for building things with our hands and characters for our various languages. This means we'll always be observing light, but seven times stronger than what we observe in this world.

Man was created male and female so you will have a perfect partner to experience every dream with. That means when you share a story with other people, you will have a witness of that same story but from a different viewpoint because your partner will always observe your body with a different background than what you will observe. This means that everyone will have a unique experience and never be lonely. This will make some great conversations with each other with no one left out of the conversation like what happens in this world when one person who gets to travel all over the world and the only one who has new information to share in a group of non-travelers. Unless that traveling person is a great story teller, he or she can be quite boring because the rest of the group has never been to those places.
biznis
Posts: 125
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2014 10:13:53 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/26/2014 9:12:14 AM, bornofgod wrote:
At 10/26/2014 12:19:46 AM, biznis wrote:
At 10/24/2014 7:32:37 PM, bornofgod wrote:
At 10/24/2014 12:13:34 PM, biznis wrote:
Provided the religion only believes in one God, can't the word God-breathed be defined the same way whether it's Judaism, Christianity, or Islam.

Just because God's change throughout the religion's.....the definition of the word God-breathed...should be relatively the same no matter what religion is being referred to.....Is that correct?

I ask this question....because I am trying to define God-breathed.

Any time any God is claimed to have spoken or said something...isn't that God-breathed?

Thanks.......

God's breath ( breath of life ) is His thoughts were we ALL exist as characters, ready to experience ALL His illusions that He formed for us to give us make-believe worlds to live in.

Genesis 2
7: then the LORD God formed man of dust from the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living being.

Job 33
1: "But now, hear my speech, O Job, and listen to all my words.
2: Behold, I open my mouth; the tongue in my mouth speaks.
3: My words declare the uprightness of my heart, and what my lips know they speak sincerely.
4: The spirit of God has made me, and the breath of the Almighty gives me life.
5: Answer me, if you can; set your words in order before me; take your stand.
6: Behold, I am toward God as you are; I too was formed from a piece of clay.

Amos 4
13: For lo, he who forms the mountains, and creates the wind, and declares to man what is his thought; who makes the morning darkness, and treads on the heights of the earth -- the LORD, the God of hosts, is his name!

Psalm 94
7: and they say, "The LORD does not see; the God of Jacob does not perceive."
8: Understand, O dullest of the people! Fools, when will you be wise?
9: He who planted the ear, does he not hear? He who formed the eye, does he not see?
10: He who chastens the nations, does he not chastise? He who teaches men knowledge,
11: the LORD, knows the thoughts of man, that they are but a breath.

The above is great and all......but
You didn't answer the question here either......

The answer is yes and I gave you some thoughts by men who understood that all our thoughts come from our invisible Creator and His consciousness.

Most of the thoughts in this world are to describe the illusions that they observe, which are not our reality. These thoughts will die as we all perish by the end of this age. In the next age, we will get new illusions to observe that are totally different than anything we've ever seen in this world. We'll also be taught ONE language in Paradise so we will never be separated into various groups with different languages to describe the same illusions. This means we will all understand each other as we share our stories about what we observe in our individual experiences ( visions and dreams ).

I'm pretty excited about living in the new age to come because I have a lot of knowledge about how we'll experience God's new illusions that won't be governed by the same laws as the laws that govern the illusions in this world. What I mean by this is that we will be flying in the next age because we won't understand what gravity is.

We won't be having day and night in Paradise because God won't need the sun, stars, moons, etc. to use to teach us about time and geometric shapes for building things with our hands and characters for our various languages. This means we'll always be observing light, but seven times stronger than what we observe in this world.

Man was created male and female so you will have a perfect partner to experience every dream with. That means when you share a story with other people, you will have a witness of that same story but from a different viewpoint because your partner will always observe your body with a different background than what you will observe. This means that everyone will have a unique experience and never be lonely. This will make some great conversations with each other with no one left out of the conversation like what happens in this world when one person who gets to travel all over the world and the only one who has new information to share in a group of non-travelers. Unless that traveling person is a great story teller, he or she can be quite boring because the rest of the group has never been to those places.

Not sure what you are talking about up there.....

But may I please sincerely say Thank You?.....for answering my relatively simple Yes or No question.......You are the first to respond with a Yes or a No......

So ......sincerely thanks...for at least answering the question......I actually believe you mean it too....
bornofgod
Posts: 11,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2014 8:18:22 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/26/2014 10:13:53 AM, biznis wrote:
At 10/26/2014 9:12:14 AM, bornofgod wrote:
At 10/26/2014 12:19:46 AM, biznis wrote:
At 10/24/2014 7:32:37 PM, bornofgod wrote:
At 10/24/2014 12:13:34 PM, biznis wrote:
Provided the religion only believes in one God, can't the word God-breathed be defined the same way whether it's Judaism, Christianity, or Islam.

Just because God's change throughout the religion's.....the definition of the word God-breathed...should be relatively the same no matter what religion is being referred to.....Is that correct?

I ask this question....because I am trying to define God-breathed.

Any time any God is claimed to have spoken or said something...isn't that God-breathed?

Thanks.......

God's breath ( breath of life ) is His thoughts were we ALL exist as characters, ready to experience ALL His illusions that He formed for us to give us make-believe worlds to live in.

Genesis 2
7: then the LORD God formed man of dust from the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living being.

Job 33
1: "But now, hear my speech, O Job, and listen to all my words.
2: Behold, I open my mouth; the tongue in my mouth speaks.
3: My words declare the uprightness of my heart, and what my lips know they speak sincerely.
4: The spirit of God has made me, and the breath of the Almighty gives me life.
5: Answer me, if you can; set your words in order before me; take your stand.
6: Behold, I am toward God as you are; I too was formed from a piece of clay.

Amos 4
13: For lo, he who forms the mountains, and creates the wind, and declares to man what is his thought; who makes the morning darkness, and treads on the heights of the earth -- the LORD, the God of hosts, is his name!

Psalm 94
7: and they say, "The LORD does not see; the God of Jacob does not perceive."
8: Understand, O dullest of the people! Fools, when will you be wise?
9: He who planted the ear, does he not hear? He who formed the eye, does he not see?
10: He who chastens the nations, does he not chastise? He who teaches men knowledge,
11: the LORD, knows the thoughts of man, that they are but a breath.

The above is great and all......but
You didn't answer the question here either......

The answer is yes and I gave you some thoughts by men who understood that all our thoughts come from our invisible Creator and His consciousness.

Most of the thoughts in this world are to describe the illusions that they observe, which are not our reality. These thoughts will die as we all perish by the end of this age. In the next age, we will get new illusions to observe that are totally different than anything we've ever seen in this world. We'll also be taught ONE language in Paradise so we will never be separated into various groups with different languages to describe the same illusions. This means we will all understand each other as we share our stories about what we observe in our individual experiences ( visions and dreams ).

I'm pretty excited about living in the new age to come because I have a lot of knowledge about how we'll experience God's new illusions that won't be governed by the same laws as the laws that govern the illusions in this world. What I mean by this is that we will be flying in the next age because we won't understand what gravity is.

We won't be having day and night in Paradise because God won't need the sun, stars, moons, etc. to use to teach us about time and geometric shapes for building things with our hands and characters for our various languages. This means we'll always be observing light, but seven times stronger than what we observe in this world.

Man was created male and female so you will have a perfect partner to experience every dream with. That means when you share a story with other people, you will have a witness of that same story but from a different viewpoint because your partner will always observe your body with a different background than what you will observe. This means that everyone will have a unique experience and never be lonely. This will make some great conversations with each other with no one left out of the conversation like what happens in this world when one person who gets to travel all over the world and the only one who has new information to share in a group of non-travelers. Unless that traveling person is a great story teller, he or she can be quite boring because the rest of the group has never been to those places.

Not sure what you are talking about up there.....

But may I please sincerely say Thank You?.....for answering my relatively simple Yes or No question.......You are the first to respond with a Yes or a No......

So ......sincerely thanks...for at least answering the question......I actually believe you mean it too....

Along with my "yes", I gave you information of why I said "Yes".
biznis
Posts: 125
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2014 6:55:19 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/26/2014 12:35:01 AM, Geogeer wrote:
At 10/26/2014 12:31:13 AM, biznis wrote:
At 10/25/2014 8:24:33 AM, Geogeer wrote:
At 10/25/2014 6:47:34 AM, biznis wrote:
At 10/24/2014 6:57:42 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 10/24/2014 4:33:04 PM, biznis wrote:
At 10/24/2014 12:43:34 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 10/24/2014 12:13:34 PM, biznis wrote:
Provided the religion only believes in one God, can't the word God-breathed be defined the same way whether it's Judaism, Christianity, or Islam.

Just because God's change throughout the religion's.....the definition of the word God-breathed...should be relatively the same no matter what religion is being referred to.....Is that correct?

I ask this question....because I am trying to define God-breathed.

Any time any God is claimed to have spoken or said something...isn't that God-breathed?

Thanks.......

In the other thread you are trying to play semantics.

How am I different in this thread as opposed to the other?

In the other thread I asked for clear and concise definitions of scripture, word of god, god breathed, and god-inspired. I am still looking for a satisfactory definition to these words.

When trying to define the word God-breathed...I realized that no matter what God someone is talking about....God-breathed would still be defined the same.

This my definition so far for God-breathed: Spoken by God, A God Quote(not paraphrased), Words directly from God

I am just trying to get some definitions established right now....I am not trying to draw any conclusion from the definitions at this point ....just trying to get an agreed upon definition for each word.

It isn't. The first responder gave decent answers, but you did not accept that god-breathed and inspired were essentially interchangeable. Yet you've decided to rephrase God-breathed to something else.

Precise definitions are not always as simple in religious discourse as you would seem to like. If you would like something precise then I will offer the following for your reading:

I'm sorry this task that I have asked you for is so difficult. But providing definitions for words is nothing new. My definition for God-breathed is not set in stone.....if you look....I ask is this an acceptable definition? I did not say this will be the definition I am using when I debate.

it may take weeks to generate an acceptable definition that both people can agree upon.

If your not up to the task...it's ok.....this will take awhile.....

I am up to the task and I just provided you with definitions that I am comfortable with.

http://www.vatican.va...

You come in and ask for definitions. As you are looking for something in the bible you must accept the definitions set forth by those whose job it is to protect sacred scripture. It is not something to be agreed upon by both parties.

"you must accept the definitions set forth by those whose job it is to protect sacred scripture" That would be much easier....contact them and get the definitions from them.......Let me know what they say.....

I already did. Do you even know how we arrived at swhat is scripture? Who said this is scripture? Why did people accept it when those people said it?

Please don't direct questions on my post to someone else's replies to my post....

It's confusing to me, and I am sure it's confusing to anyone attepmpting to read the posts?
Geogeer
Posts: 4,280
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2014 8:33:18 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/28/2014 6:55:19 AM, biznis wrote:
At 10/26/2014 12:35:01 AM, Geogeer wrote:
At 10/26/2014 12:31:13 AM, biznis wrote:
At 10/25/2014 8:24:33 AM, Geogeer wrote:
At 10/25/2014 6:47:34 AM, biznis wrote:
At 10/24/2014 6:57:42 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 10/24/2014 4:33:04 PM, biznis wrote:
At 10/24/2014 12:43:34 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 10/24/2014 12:13:34 PM, biznis wrote:
Provided the religion only believes in one God, can't the word God-breathed be defined the same way whether it's Judaism, Christianity, or Islam.

Just because God's change throughout the religion's.....the definition of the word God-breathed...should be relatively the same no matter what religion is being referred to.....Is that correct?

I ask this question....because I am trying to define God-breathed.

Any time any God is claimed to have spoken or said something...isn't that God-breathed?

Thanks.......

In the other thread you are trying to play semantics.

How am I different in this thread as opposed to the other?

In the other thread I asked for clear and concise definitions of scripture, word of god, god breathed, and god-inspired. I am still looking for a satisfactory definition to these words.

When trying to define the word God-breathed...I realized that no matter what God someone is talking about....God-breathed would still be defined the same.

This my definition so far for God-breathed: Spoken by God, A God Quote(not paraphrased), Words directly from God

I am just trying to get some definitions established right now....I am not trying to draw any conclusion from the definitions at this point ....just trying to get an agreed upon definition for each word.

It isn't. The first responder gave decent answers, but you did not accept that god-breathed and inspired were essentially interchangeable. Yet you've decided to rephrase God-breathed to something else.

Precise definitions are not always as simple in religious discourse as you would seem to like. If you would like something precise then I will offer the following for your reading:

I'm sorry this task that I have asked you for is so difficult. But providing definitions for words is nothing new. My definition for God-breathed is not set in stone.....if you look....I ask is this an acceptable definition? I did not say this will be the definition I am using when I debate.

it may take weeks to generate an acceptable definition that both people can agree upon.

If your not up to the task...it's ok.....this will take awhile.....

I am up to the task and I just provided you with definitions that I am comfortable with.

http://www.vatican.va...

You come in and ask for definitions. As you are looking for something in the bible you must accept the definitions set forth by those whose job it is to protect sacred scripture. It is not something to be agreed upon by both parties.

"you must accept the definitions set forth by those whose job it is to protect sacred scripture" That would be much easier....contact them and get the definitions from them.......Let me know what they say.....

I already did. Do you even know how we arrived at swhat is scripture? Who said this is scripture? Why did people accept it when those people said it?

Please don't direct questions on my post to someone else's replies to my post....

It's confusing to me, and I am sure it's confusing to anyone attepmpting to read the posts?

I didn't. This whole exchange has been simply between you and me. You asked me to provide you with definitions from those whose job it is to protect sacred scripture. I informed you that I already had given you a link from those whose job it is to protect sacred scripture. All the answers you need and more are in that link.

http://www.vatican.va...
biznis
Posts: 125
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2014 8:59:31 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/27/2014 8:18:22 PM, bornofgod wrote:
At 10/26/2014 10:13:53 AM, biznis wrote:
At 10/26/2014 9:12:14 AM, bornofgod wrote:
At 10/26/2014 12:19:46 AM, biznis wrote:
At 10/24/2014 7:32:37 PM, bornofgod wrote:
At 10/24/2014 12:13:34 PM, biznis wrote:
Provided the religion only believes in one God, can't the word God-breathed be defined the same way whether it's Judaism, Christianity, or Islam.

Just because God's change throughout the religion's.....the definition of the word God-breathed...should be relatively the same no matter what religion is being referred to.....Is that correct?

I ask this question....because I am trying to define God-breathed.

Any time any God is claimed to have spoken or said something...isn't that God-breathed?

Thanks.......

God's breath ( breath of life ) is His thoughts were we ALL exist as characters, ready to experience ALL His illusions that He formed for us to give us make-believe worlds to live in.

Genesis 2
7: then the LORD God formed man of dust from the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living being.

Job 33
1: "But now, hear my speech, O Job, and listen to all my words.
2: Behold, I open my mouth; the tongue in my mouth speaks.
3: My words declare the uprightness of my heart, and what my lips know they speak sincerely.
4: The spirit of God has made me, and the breath of the Almighty gives me life.
5: Answer me, if you can; set your words in order before me; take your stand.
6: Behold, I am toward God as you are; I too was formed from a piece of clay.

Amos 4
13: For lo, he who forms the mountains, and creates the wind, and declares to man what is his thought; who makes the morning darkness, and treads on the heights of the earth -- the LORD, the God of hosts, is his name!

Psalm 94
7: and they say, "The LORD does not see; the God of Jacob does not perceive."
8: Understand, O dullest of the people! Fools, when will you be wise?
9: He who planted the ear, does he not hear? He who formed the eye, does he not see?
10: He who chastens the nations, does he not chastise? He who teaches men knowledge,
11: the LORD, knows the thoughts of man, that they are but a breath.

The above is great and all......but
You didn't answer the question here either......

The answer is yes and I gave you some thoughts by men who understood that all our thoughts come from our invisible Creator and His consciousness.

Most of the thoughts in this world are to describe the illusions that they observe, which are not our reality. These thoughts will die as we all perish by the end of this age. In the next age, we will get new illusions to observe that are totally different than anything we've ever seen in this world. We'll also be taught ONE language in Paradise so we will never be separated into various groups with different languages to describe the same illusions. This means we will all understand each other as we share our stories about what we observe in our individual experiences ( visions and dreams ).

I'm pretty excited about living in the new age to come because I have a lot of knowledge about how we'll experience God's new illusions that won't be governed by the same laws as the laws that govern the illusions in this world. What I mean by this is that we will be flying in the next age because we won't understand what gravity is.

We won't be having day and night in Paradise because God won't need the sun, stars, moons, etc. to use to teach us about time and geometric shapes for building things with our hands and characters for our various languages. This means we'll always be observing light, but seven times stronger than what we observe in this world.

Man was created male and female so you will have a perfect partner to experience every dream with. That means when you share a story with other people, you will have a witness of that same story but from a different viewpoint because your partner will always observe your body with a different background than what you will observe. This means that everyone will have a unique experience and never be lonely. This will make some great conversations with each other with no one left out of the conversation like what happens in this world when one person who gets to travel all over the world and the only one who has new information to share in a group of non-travelers. Unless that traveling person is a great story teller, he or she can be quite boring because the rest of the group has never been to those places.

Not sure what you are talking about up there.....

But may I please sincerely say Thank You?.....for answering my relatively simple Yes or No question.......You are the first to respond with a Yes or a No......

So ......sincerely thanks...for at least answering the question......I actually believe you mean it too....

Along with my "yes", I gave you information of why I said "Yes".

Fair enough, and thank you again for the response...
biznis
Posts: 125
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2014 9:09:15 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/25/2014 3:11:05 PM, bornofgod wrote:
At 10/25/2014 10:52:51 AM, biznis wrote:
At 10/24/2014 7:32:37 PM, bornofgod wrote:
At 10/24/2014 12:13:34 PM, biznis wrote:
Provided the religion only believes in one God, can't the word God-breathed be defined the same way whether it's Judaism, Christianity, or Islam.

Just because God's change throughout the religion's.....the definition of the word God-breathed...should be relatively the same no matter what religion is being referred to.....Is that correct?

I ask this question....because I am trying to define God-breathed.

Any time any God is claimed to have spoken or said something...isn't that God-breathed?

Thanks.......

God's breath ( breath of life ) is His thoughts were we ALL exist as characters, ready to experience ALL His illusions that He formed for us to give us make-believe worlds to live in.

Genesis 2
7: then the LORD God formed man of dust from the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living being.

Job 33
1: "But now, hear my speech, O Job, and listen to all my words.
2: Behold, I open my mouth; the tongue in my mouth speaks.
3: My words declare the uprightness of my heart, and what my lips know they speak sincerely.
4: The spirit of God has made me, and the breath of the Almighty gives me life.
5: Answer me, if you can; set your words in order before me; take your stand.
6: Behold, I am toward God as you are; I too was formed from a piece of clay.

Amos 4
13: For lo, he who forms the mountains, and creates the wind, and declares to man what is his thought; who makes the morning darkness, and treads on the heights of the earth -- the LORD, the God of hosts, is his name!

Psalm 94
7: and they say, "The LORD does not see; the God of Jacob does not perceive."
8: Understand, O dullest of the people! Fools, when will you be wise?
9: He who planted the ear, does he not hear? He who formed the eye, does he not see?
10: He who chastens the nations, does he not chastise? He who teaches men knowledge,
11: the LORD, knows the thoughts of man, that they are but a breath.

Not sure what you are talking about.......Is that a Yes or a No to my universal god-breathed question?

Yes !!!! Everything is God-breathed into existence......

Whether or not God-breathed...everything into existence, was not the question.....

I just saw your "Everything is God-breathed into existence" response as Yes to my question.....not the same but thanks anyway
biznis
Posts: 125
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2014 9:54:51 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/28/2014 8:33:18 AM, Geogeer wrote:
At 10/28/2014 6:55:19 AM, biznis wrote:
At 10/26/2014 12:35:01 AM, Geogeer wrote:
At 10/26/2014 12:31:13 AM, biznis wrote:
At 10/25/2014 8:24:33 AM, Geogeer wrote:
At 10/25/2014 6:47:34 AM, biznis wrote:
At 10/24/2014 6:57:42 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 10/24/2014 4:33:04 PM, biznis wrote:
At 10/24/2014 12:43:34 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 10/24/2014 12:13:34 PM, biznis wrote:
Provided the religion only believes in one God, can't the word God-breathed be defined the same way whether it's Judaism, Christianity, or Islam.

Just because God's change throughout the religion's.....the definition of the word God-breathed...should be relatively the same no matter what religion is being referred to.....Is that correct?

I ask this question....because I am trying to define God-breathed.

Any time any God is claimed to have spoken or said something...isn't that God-breathed?

Thanks.......

In the other thread you are trying to play semantics.

How am I different in this thread as opposed to the other?

In the other thread I asked for clear and concise definitions of scripture, word of god, god breathed, and god-inspired. I am still looking for a satisfactory definition to these words.

When trying to define the word God-breathed...I realized that no matter what God someone is talking about....God-breathed would still be defined the same.

This my definition so far for God-breathed: Spoken by God, A God Quote(not paraphrased), Words directly from God

I am just trying to get some definitions established right now....I am not trying to draw any conclusion from the definitions at this point ....just trying to get an agreed upon definition for each word.

It isn't. The first responder gave decent answers, but you did not accept that god-breathed and inspired were essentially interchangeable. Yet you've decided to rephrase God-breathed to something else.

Precise definitions are not always as simple in religious discourse as you would seem to like. If you would like something precise then I will offer the following for your reading:

I'm sorry this task that I have asked you for is so difficult. But providing definitions for words is nothing new. My definition for God-breathed is not set in stone.....if you look....I ask is this an acceptable definition? I did not say this will be the definition I am using when I debate.

it may take weeks to generate an acceptable definition that both people can agree upon.

If your not up to the task...it's ok.....this will take awhile.....

I am up to the task and I just provided you with definitions that I am comfortable with.

http://www.vatican.va...

You come in and ask for definitions. As you are looking for something in the bible you must accept the definitions set forth by those whose job it is to protect sacred scripture. It is not something to be agreed upon by both parties.

Really....not be agreed upon amongst two Christians? Two Christians should have different definitions of what Scripture means? I doubt that is what you mean....it's what you implied.....
************************************************************************
I have gave you much leeway with your replies...and responded to just about all your posts.......despite believing that your replies were neither sincere nor thoughtful

However, this is getting old very fast....You are and have been from my first few posts....so confident that you know my agenda.....You have so much assumption and bias built up in your mind that its impossible....for you answer even the simplest questions......

Feel free to respond....but I'm close to ignoring your replies.......not there yet...but close

"you must accept the definitions set forth by those whose job it is to protect sacred scripture" That would be much easier....contact them and get the definitions from them.......Let me know what they say.....

I have no problem accepting definitions that have been set forth.....my problem has been locating definitions that have been set forth......if it was that easy to do....you would provide answers instead of links....

I already did. Do you even know how we arrived at swhat is scripture? Who said
this is scripture? Why did people accept it when those people said it?
Didn't realize this question was directed at me....my mistake

I never arrived at "what is Scripture" as my question.....define and describe Scripture "ALL" scripture.....Is, was, and should be my question regarding "Scripture(s)....
If your description(or anyone's) doesn't include "all" scripture then it's not complete....If you say this is what Scripture is.....then a like mind should not be able to say this also agreed upon to be called Scripture as well....If you say ALL, it better mean ALL!

As I said, It's not an easy question to tackle....
************************************************************************
I started a topic on this very difficult word to define....please....look through the posts...It is titled "Gather "All" the scripture....give that question your best shot...it's a long question and I don't want to re ask it here
Please don't direct questions on my post to someone else's replies to my post....

It's confusing to me, and I am sure it's confusing to anyone attempting to read the posts?


I didn't. This whole exchange has been simply between you and me. You asked me to provide you with definitions from those whose job it is to protect sacred scripture. I informed you that I already had given you a link from those whose job it is to protect sacred scripture. All the answers you need and more are in that link.

http://www.vatican.va...

....Debate.org....is the only link I need right now...

I doubt the website has clear and concise definitions of each of these words....HOWEVER. they very well could have exactly what I am looking for....as far as defining those words goes....

The replies I have received so far are great...

For example, I now have a link from the Vatican.va...provided by you, where I can gather more information about what the words actually mean.....

I will keep you posted on what I find from the site......