Jump to topic:

God/Jesus "Quotes" from the Bible

biznis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2014 7:13:18 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
This talk is still centered around definitions ....

There are many passages throughout the Bible where God in the old testament can be quoted as saying something.......and in the New Testament....when Jesus...can be Quoted as having said something......I think all Christian's would agree......

When God/Jesus can be quoted from the Bible.....what is this defined as being?

A quote from God? God's own words. .......What is an acceptable definition when you are quoting someone and they have said something?

My point is I have trouble including the word God-inspired as a possible definition to quotes from God. How could God or anyone else for that matter be inspired by their own self? I guess it's possible.....of course though....

A quote from God ......I see being defined as possibly the following :"Word of God", God-breathed, A quote from God, God's word.

When defining a God quote however, I don't see how the word God-Inspired could be included as part of the definition........

Thanks for any feedback...much appreciated!

Tom
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2014 9:06:56 AM
At 10/25/2014 7:13:18 AM, biznis wrote:

There are many passages throughout the Bible where God in the old testament can be quoted as saying something.......and in the New Testament....when Jesus...can be Quoted as having said something......I think all Christian's would agree......

A quote from God? God's own words. .......What is an acceptable definition when you are quoting someone and they have said something?

My point is I have trouble including the word God-inspired as a possible definition to quotes from God. How could God or anyone else for that matter be inspired by their own self? I guess it's possible.....of course though....

A quote from God ......I see being defined as possibly the following :"Word of God", God-breathed, A quote from God, God's word.

When defining a God quote however, I don't see how the word God-Inspired could be included as part of the definition........

Tom

Not God's words, but if quoted correctly and in context, his thoughts.

God put the thoughts in the heads of the writers, they wrote them down in the language and idiom of the time.

Sometimes all he did was inspire the writers to report on a situation. The Gospels are typical of that kind of writing where reports are writing what they saw or hear, or found out in their research as in the case of Luke and Mark who were not eye witnesses.

What are quoted as Christ's words are just that as close as translation allows.

No-one can be inspired by themselves Christ and all his followers are inspired,to whatever level God chooses, by God's spirit.

One of the many ways in which Apostate churches confuse the issue is by imputing some form of triune nature to God / Christ / Holy Spirit. This is a false teaching introduced after the Great Apostasy took hold, as foretold by Christ and the Apostles.

God is quite simply God, a unique being who gave himself the name Jehovah, God's son, who came to earth to occupy the specially created body of Jesus and become the Christ , is literally his son, created by him as the "beginning of the creation by God (Revelation 3:14) and therefore is his "only begotten son" (John 1:14). Holy spirit is simply God's active force, not a sentient being in any sense.

Sometimes holy spirit is used, not by God, but by his son or one of the Angels to pass God's words down top man, but they are still God's words and neither God's son nor any of the faithful Angels would even dream of altering one iotas of the thoughts of God.

In fact it is also true to say that God is usually given credit for everything done in his name, no matter which Angel it was done by, since it was done or said on his orders.

I hope this helps.

Again, any further questions please do ask, and maybe the link in my signature will help you.
biznis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2014 9:30:11 AM
At 10/25/2014 9:06:56 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

When defining a God quote however, I don't see how the word God-Inspired could be included as part of the definition

Tom

God put the thoughts in the heads of the writers, they wrote them down in the language and idiom of the time.

Sometimes all he did was inspire the writers to report on a situation. The Gospels are typical of that kind of writing where reports are writing what they saw or hear, or found out in their research as in the case of Luke and Mark who were not eye witnesses.

No-one can be inspired by themselves Christ and all his followers are inspired,to whatever level God chooses, by God's spirit.

One of the many ways in which Apostate churches confuse the issue is by imputing some form of triune nature to God / Christ / Holy Spirit. This is a false teaching introduced after the Great Apostasy took hold, as foretold by Christ and the Apostles.

God is quite simply God, a unique being who gave himself the name Jehovah, God's son, who came to earth to occupy the specially created body of Jesus and become the Christ , is literally his son, created by him as the "beginning of the creation by God (Revelation 3:14) and therefore is his "only begotten son" (John 1:14). Holy spirit is simply God's active force, not a sentient being in any sense.

Sometimes holy spirit is used, not by God, but by his son or one of the Angels to pass God's words down top man, but they are still God's words and neither God's son nor any of the faithful Angels would even dream of altering one iotas of the thoughts of God.

In fact it is also true to say that God is usually given credit for everything done in his name, no matter which Angel it was done by, since it was done or said on his orders.

I hope this helps.

Again, any further questions please do ask, and maybe the link in my signature will help you.

Hello, and thank you for your response! Either I am wrong with my initial assumption...about passages in the bible....being "quotes" from God or Jesus that is.....Or you didn't understand my question....I am not sure yet....It could very well be the former, if so, my next question to you will be about the specific passages throughout the Bible that I am referring to......

I will wait for responses from others on the topic ....before being able to ask you anything further right now....

Thanks,

Tom
biznis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2014 10:07:48 AM
At 10/25/2014 9:06:56 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

Tom

You said,

"I' am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the father, except through me"

You are saying the above is not a Quote from Jesus/God himself? Certainly sounds like more than just the "thoughts" of Jesus to me......It sounds like a quote from Jesus.... to me.

I already thought that Quotes from God/Jesus throughout the Bible was already a given amongst Christians...but apparently not?

.......................................................................................................................................................

I hope this helps.

DPMartin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2014 10:22:17 AM
Inspire or other combinations of the word isn"t found in the KJV of OT or NT. "God inspired or Spirit inspired and the like are over used in the Christian community. God speaks to those who listen, therefore inspired is mainly an individual"s perception of being inspired, but not true of text like the bible. The bible is a documentation, of a people and there relationship with their God, and that relationship is with those that are trusted and entrusted the Lord their God.
biznis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2014 10:28:42 AM
At 10/25/2014 10:22:17 AM, DPMartin wrote:
Inspire or other combinations of the word isn"t found in the KJV of OT or NT. "God inspired or Spirit inspired and the like are over used in the Christian community. God speaks to those who listen, therefore inspired is mainly an individual"s perception of being inspired, but not true of text like the bible. The bible is a documentation, of a people and there relationship with their God, and that relationship is with those that are trusted and entrusted the Lord their God.

Thanks for the response...but the topic question has very little to do with God-Inspired passages in the Bible.....the topic question centers around God/Jesus "Quotes" throughout the Bible.

Thanks for the feedback....
DPMartin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2014 3:24:56 PM
At 10/25/2014 10:28:42 AM, biznis wrote:

Thanks for the response...but the topic question has very little to do with God-Inspired passages in the Bible.....the topic question centers around God/Jesus "Quotes" throughout the Bible.

Really? Then what"s this?

"My point is I have trouble including the word God-inspired as a possible definition to quotes from God. How could God or anyone else for that matter be inspired by their own self? I guess it's possible.....of course though...."

that is in the OP, correct?
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2014 3:32:09 PM

Tom

A true saint or prophet is one who God speaks into their minds to get their attention. This is the moment of faith, which means knowing our invisible Creator within His mind.

From that moment of faith, God begins to get us obedient until He's ready to have us write and speak for Him. It takes a lot of trust in order to become His voice and speak words to His people that are radically different than anything they've ever known before.

God actually puts the words from our own language vocabulary into our mind to write and speak with. So we learn to trust every word that He puts in our minds and boldly write or speak it. This is how we learn about the past, present and future, which comes directly from within His mind where we all exist as His people. This is known as the Heavenly Kingdom. The earthly Kingdom is the visible Kingdom that we can see but these visible objects are only illusions that aren't our reality. The only one who is real is our invisible Creator along with His thought where we exist as His characters.
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2014 6:10:30 PM

Tom

If a writer is inspired by a Muse, are all his words the word of some invisible magical supernatural Muse or his own thoughts? Are they "Word of the Muse", Muse-breathed, A quote from the Muse, A Muse's word?
Does that AMUSE you?
Does inspiration come from our own perceptions and the way we see and experience the world around us or from something else? The way I see it, all thoughts come from within ourselves not from some outside force or invisible entity regardless what name or label you apply to any invisible entities.
All invisible entities are mythical characters.
Beastt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2014 8:02:13 PM

Tom

There are no quotations from either God or Jesus in the Bible. It contains the fallible, false, forged, and fictional words of men.

"Mark" was written by an unknown Roman convert to Christianity sometime around 70 - 80 CE (some 40 - 50 years after the time Jesus is said to have died). The author didn't write in Hebrew, misquoted the 10 Commandments and had little understanding of Jewish beliefs and practices, so much so that he attributes what Jews believe to be the words of God, instead to Moses.

"Matthew" was written by an unknown between 90 and 100CE, and he used a copy of "Mark" from which he paraphrased approximately 606-verses. ("Mark" only contains 678-verses in total). It also contains about 100-verses believed to have been taken from the "Q". It is most certainly not an eye-witness account.

"Luke" tells us that it is not an eye-witness account in the first four verses (Luke 1:1-4). It was also an anonymous writing and includes about 300 paraphrased verses from a damaged copy of "Mark". The author's copy of Mark was missing all of the verses between Mark 6:46 and Mark 8:27, which is evidenced by the merging of these two verses into a contradictory verse at Luke 9:18, where it is claimed that Jesus was both alone, and with his disciples, praying, and speaking with his disciples. Nothing from the 74.5 verses between Mark 6:46 and Mark 8:27 appears anywhere in "Luke". It also contains information taken from "Antiquity of the Jews" and "Jewish War", both written by Flavius Josephus, and completed in 93CE.

"John" - like the other three - is an anonymous writing. The authorships were all permanently assigned by church fathers of the 4th century. It is the least like the other three yet still contains obvious copying from a copy of "Mark", as well as containing the same information found in "Luke" which was taken from the work of Flavius Josephus.

If we look to much of the New Testament, we can find much of the supposed quotes and dialog was taken directly from the Old Testament. For example, the "words of Jesus" in Mark 15:34 are taken word-for-word, from Psalms 22:1. The quotations from a heckler in the crowd found at Matthew 27:43, are paraphrased from Psalms 22:8. The "words of Jesus" in Matthew 11:5 are taken from Isaiah 35:5, Isaiah 26:19 and Isaiah 61:1. if you look to Matthew 22:2, you find Jesus telling his disciples to enter the city, loose two donkeys, and bring them to him. This is to fulfill the prophecy in Zechariah 9:9. But there is an important difference. The prophecy has the new king riding just one donkey. In Matthew, Jesus asks for two. This is an important clue showing from where the dialog actually came. When the Hebrew of the Old Testament was translated into Greek, the resulting Greek document is known as the Greek Septuagint. But there was a translational error where Zechariah 9:9 mentions a donkey, then further describes the animal as "a colt and the foal of a donkey" in a second phrase. This is common in Hebrew and is known as a "parallelism". And this is where the mistake was made. It was translated at two donkeys, rather than one. And this is thusly shown to have been the source of the anonymous author of "Matthew".

We have not a single document mentioning Jesus from the time in which he was said to have lived. None of the gospel authors - whoever they were - actually knew, or quoted Jesus.

As for the claims to quote God, there were a great many writings over at least 1,500 years where authors proclaimed that God had inspired their work. Various people clung to these various writings and some demanded the claims were true while many others rejected the same work. Christianity became so divided that Emperor Constantine convened a council in 325CE charged with deciding what Christianity was to teach. They brought with them a large selection of manuscripts. I've read numbers as high as 2,231 total documents, but I've been unable to verify that number. These men had no way to know what might have been inspired by God, so they simply selected what was most traditional among Christians of the day, and what they personally preferred. But there was so much disagreement among the men, that it required 42-years for them to finally settle on a set of writings. They first produced a "canon" (list of writings), in 367CE. But even then, many of the books were without agreement among the council. Constantine demanded that all of the council members sign the statement proclaiming the selected writings to be "the word of God", or face excommunication and exile. Despite this, some of the men objected so strongly that they still refused to sign.

To this day, that is the only reason that anyone accepts the Bible to contain "the word of God". The entire endeavor is a complete farce and it always has been. Every Christian today who believes he is following the "word of God" or "teachings of Jesus", is doing nothing more but adhering to the simply preferences of the men of the 4th century council.
"If we believe absurdities we shall commit atrocities." -- Voltaire
biznis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2014 12:09:35 AM
At 10/25/2014 3:32:09 PM, bornofgod wrote:

Tom

A true saint or prophet is one who God speaks into their minds to get their attention. This is the moment of faith, which means knowing our invisible Creator within His mind.

From that moment of faith, God begins to get us obedient until He's ready to have us write and speak for Him. It takes a lot of trust in order to become His voice and speak words to His people that are radically different than anything they've ever known before.

God actually puts the words from our own language vocabulary into our mind to write and speak with. So we learn to trust every word that He puts in our minds and boldly write or speak it. This is how we learn about the past, present and future, which comes directly from within His mind where we all exist as His people. This is known as the Heavenly Kingdom. The earthly Kingdom is the visible Kingdom that we can see but these visible objects are only illusions that aren't our reality. The only one who is real is our invisible Creator along with His thought where we exist as His characters.

Your thinking above is impressive an original for the most part in my opinion....

I wish you would really look at my question about God Quotes....and understand what I am asking and respond.....You are more than capable.....

Thanks
biznis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2014 12:11:04 AM
At 10/25/2014 6:10:30 PM, Skyangel wrote:

If a writer is inspired by a Muse, are all his words the word of some invisible magical supernatural Muse or his own thoughts? Are they "Word of the Muse", Muse-breathed, A quote from the Muse, A Muse's word?
Does that AMUSE you?
Does inspiration come from our own perceptions and the way we see and experience the world around us or from something else? The way I see it, all thoughts come from within ourselves not from some outside force or invisible entity regardless what name or label you apply to any invisible entities.
All invisible entities are mythical characters.

_Good Luck!_
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2014 8:56:17 AM
At 10/26/2014 12:09:35 AM, biznis wrote:
At 10/25/2014 3:32:09 PM, bornofgod wrote:

Tom

Your thinking above is impressive an original for the most part in my opinion....

I wish you would really look at my question about God Quotes....and understand what I am asking and respond.....You are more than capable.....

Thanks

Most people in this world are plagiarizers who use God inspired thoughts from those God chose to give to. The original hand written scriptures that us saints and prophets write are all produced first in our mind, which happens to be the mind of God where we all exist.

All the languages of this world ( including mathematics, art, poetry, music, etc. ) filled with knowledge to describe the illusions we observe, smell, taste, touch, hear, feel emotionally all came from the mind of God ( consciousness ) but most people don't know this fact. Anyone who doesn't get inspired thoughts to add to these languages of this world are plagiarizing the thoughts that have been inspired directly by God through other people.

When I'm in these forums, I see the members plagiarizing most everything they share because they get their information from Google, books, etc., that are old thoughts that have been written or spoken into this world by other people.

I'm the only one in this world right now who knows he's speaking and writing directly from the mind of God about future events. He's the only one who knows the future so when I start speaking about the next age to one of His believers, He takes me on a wild trip and gives me thoughts I've never spoken before. This is how He's been teaching me about the New Heaven and Earth experiences we will be having in the future.

It's very interesting to watch videos of radical quantum physicists who are now making statements that fit the knowledge that I was taught directly by our Creator. So I know these physicists are getting direct knowledge from God without them knowing where they get this knowledge from. I believe some of them are figuring out they are getting knowledge from our Creator but since they don't know Him directly like I do, they can only guess that they do.

I've met many people who get some direct information from God whether they know they get it directly from Him or not. If you watch videos about people who are into writing music, poetry, or for any reason, some of them know that they aren't responsible for the thoughts they get from our Creator. In fact, some of them can't believe they were chosen to get these kinds of thoughts that are totally radical from what the rest of the world speaks about.

I could go on and on about these things but I think you understand where I'm coming from.

God bless you my friend.
biznis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2014 10:27:15 AM
At 10/25/2014 3:24:56 PM, DPMartin wrote:
At 10/25/2014 10:28:42 AM, biznis wrote:

Really? Then what"s this?

"My point is I have trouble including the word God-inspired as a possible definition to quotes from God. How could God or anyone else for that matter be inspired by their own self? I guess it's possible.....of course though...."

that is in the OP, correct?

Of course, that statement is in my other post(but it still has relatively nothing to do with this post.......Not seeing your point.....