Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2014 9:06:27 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/25/2014 9:05:13 AM, biznis wrote:
Is the following a fair statement?

All Scripture , at a bare minimum is inspired by God?

Define fair.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
DPMartin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2014 9:58:55 AM
Inspire or other combinations of the word isn"t found in the KJV of OT or NT. "God inspired or Spirit inspired and the like are over used in the Christian community. God speaks to those who listen, therefore inspired is mainly an individual"s perception of being inspired, but not true of text like the bible. The bible is a documentation, of a people and there relationship with their God, and that relationship is with those that are trusted and entrusted by the Lord their God.
biznis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2014 10:22:56 AM
If you have to ask have to have fair defined......chances are.....we will never get far.....

but I will try my best to accommodate your question....

Since fair wasn't clear enough...... I ask

Is it a statement that the majority of Christians, if not all would agree with?

An atheist can even answer the question....if he/she is speaking/thinking hypothetically...
Karmanator
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2014 10:50:46 AM

That could be true for anything. At a bare minimum humans are inspired by god. We are after more than that, we dont just want to be inspired, we want to do the will of god. Scripture being inspired still leaves room for error.
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2014 10:58:50 AM

Sure, as is the statement, "All Scripture was created from the minds of men"

However, which one is actually true and how are we supposed to confirm it?
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
biznis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2014 11:09:14 AM
At 10/25/2014 10:50:46 AM, Karmanator wrote:

That could be true for anything. At a bare minimum humans are inspired by god. We are after more than that, we dont just want to be inspired, we want to do the will of god. Scripture being inspired still leaves room for error.

I am trying to see your point here in relation to my question...but it's very difficult...

I simply made a statement about "Scriptures"......and asked if it is valid statement amongst the Christian Community.......if you are an Atheist.....you will have to think hypothetically to answer the question.....

Yes, but humans are inspired by other humans as well to being inspired by God, Scriptures on the other hand(which is what the question was about) are at bare minimum, inspired by God.....and they are "never" inspired by humans alone.....as humans can be.....

Are you sure you understood my question correctly?

Thanks again for the feedback!
biznis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2014 11:15:16 AM
At 10/25/2014 10:58:50 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

I'm sorry you misunderstood my question and the audience it was directed at!

If you are not a Christian or a Jewish it would be difficult to answer my question.

However, if you are still interested in responding to the question.....you certainly can....you need only think hypothetically if you know what Christian and Jewish people believe.

Thanks for the response!
Karmanator
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2014 11:51:41 AM
At 10/25/2014 11:09:14 AM, biznis wrote:

I am trying to see your point here in relation to my question...but it's very difficult...

I simply made a statement about "Scriptures"......and asked if it is valid statement amongst the Christian Community.......if you are an Atheist.....you will have to think hypothetically to answer the question.....

Yes, but humans are inspired by other humans as well to being inspired by God, Scriptures on the other hand(which is what the question was about) are at bare minimum, inspired by God.....and they are "never" inspired by humans alone.....as humans can be.....

I believe all humans to be inspired by god at some point. Just like scriptures can have falsities and truths. I think the statement is ambiguous enough to remain true of any religious texts.
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2014 12:02:54 PM
At 10/25/2014 11:15:16 AM, biznis wrote:

If you are not a Christian or a Jewish it would be difficult to answer my question.

However, if you are still interested in responding to the question.....you certainly can....you need only think hypothetically if you know what Christian and Jewish people believe.

Thanks for the response!

Thank you for dismissing me. I can see from your response that you are looking for a very narrow and biased answer.

My bad. A thousand apologies.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
biznis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2014 2:42:10 PM
At 10/25/2014 11:51:41 AM, Karmanator wrote:
At 10/25/2014 11:09:14 AM, biznis wrote:

amongst the Christian Community.......if you are an Atheist.....you will have to think hypothetically to answer the question.....

I believe all humans to be inspired by god at some point. Just like scriptures can have falsities and truths. I think the statement is ambiguous enough to remain true of any religious texts.

Thank you for your responses......I too believe the statement could apply to any religion....As long as the statement I made is not believed to be a false statement among Christian Community...then it serves it's purpose.

Would an atheist agree with statement? Only if he/she is thinking hypothetically.

I see your point and I believe you see now what I was asking .........

Thanks again for your replies
biznis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2014 2:49:00 PM

In order to answer this question you have to think hypothetically as were if you were Jewish or Christian. The audience this ? is directed at is the Christian audience....
Atheist's are free to chime in...but if you are not thinking hypothetically...then your opinion is not very useful....considering the context of my question.

Lot's of flaws with the above statement.....no religion would agree with the above description.....

Thanks for your reply though......

biznis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2014 2:58:32 PM
At 10/25/2014 12:02:54 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 10/25/2014 11:15:16 AM, biznis wrote:

Thanks for the response!

Thank you for dismissing me. I can see from your response that you are looking for a very narrow and biased answer.

My bad. A thousand apologies.

Not sure how I dismissed you.....your still not recognizing......that it is IMPOSSIBLE for your response to the above question to be meaningful......IF....you are NOT Jewish or Christian.....Sorry but unless you share their beliefs...your opinion is not much useful to the above question......unless for 3rd time.....you are willing to think hypothetically as a Christian would be thinking.....

I could think up a question for you if you like that.....only Atheist's would be able to supply credible responses too.....? Would that make satisfied?

Still feel dismissed?
biznis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2014 3:02:27 PM
At 10/25/2014 2:49:00 PM, biznis wrote:

In order to answer this question you have to think hypothetically as were if you were Jewish or Christian. The audience this ? is directed at is the Christian audience....
Atheist's are free to chime in...but if you are not thinking hypothetically...then your opinion is not very useful....considering the context of my question.

Lot's of flaws with the above statement.....no religion would agree with the above description.....

Thanks for your reply though......

Regarding your statement....I believe you would have very who people who would even agree that your statement is true. Again, no one in the religious community...that I know of.....believes...."That all Scripture was created from the minds of men"........so your response is inappropriate on quite of few levels....
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2014 3:25:44 PM

The original writings that God had His prophets and us saints write are the true scriptures.

The Bible ( particularly the new testament ) was inspired by God through His plan called the beast, which is where all religious teachings came from that were added to the original writings of the saints and prophets.
ChristianPunk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2014 5:06:07 PM
At 10/25/2014 9:58:55 AM, DPMartin wrote:
Inspire or other combinations of the word isn"t found in the KJV of OT or NT. "God inspired or Spirit inspired and the like are over used in the Christian community. God speaks to those who listen, therefore inspired is mainly an individual"s perception of being inspired, but not true of text like the bible. The bible is a documentation, of a people and there relationship with their God, and that relationship is with those that are trusted and entrusted by the Lord their God.

2 Timothy 3:16 in my 1975 KJV bible says All scripture is inspired of God. So it's found in the KJV in the New Testament.
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2014 5:20:53 PM

It is as fair and reasonable as saying all scripture is inspired by the Muse.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2014 9:25:25 PM

That would mean that the thousands of documents rejected by the CC at Nicea were also inspired by god, why are they not used for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for instruction which is in righteousness now?
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Beastt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2014 9:44:51 PM

Not even close. The Johannine Comma (1 John 5:7-8) is a known forgery perpetrated in the 1600s. The Pericope Adulteraea (John 7:53-8:11) is a fable, not existing in any written text prior to the 4th century, yet fabricated as a tale about Jesus. The last 12-verses of "Mark" - which contain the first actual account of a confirmed resurrection - was a later addition to the gospel, added by different authors than the original text.

In fact, there isn't a single credible indication that anything in the Bible is other than the mere writings of men. There is no indication that God had anything to do with any of it.
"If we believe absurdities we shall commit atrocities." -- Voltaire
biznis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2014 11:49:03 PM
At 10/25/2014 3:25:44 PM, bornofgod wrote:

The original writings that God had His prophets and us saints write are the true scriptures.

The Bible ( particularly the new testament ) was inspired by God through His plan called the beast, which is where all religious teachings came from that were added to the original writings of the saints and prophets.

_Whatever_
biznis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2014 11:51:36 PM
At 10/25/2014 5:06:07 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:

2 Timothy 3:16 in my 1975 KJV bible says All scripture is inspired of God. So it's found in the KJV in the New Testament.

I have no idea what that has to do with my posted question....but maybe it wasn't intended to.....
biznis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2014 11:55:46 PM
At 10/25/2014 5:20:53 PM, Skyangel wrote:

Not if your target audience is Christian and Jewish people.......I doubt they would agree that " all scripture is inspired by the Muse"

Thanks for your response anyway.....
biznis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2014 11:58:55 PM
At 10/25/2014 9:44:51 PM, Beastt wrote:

Not even close. The Johannine Comma (1 John 5:7-8) is a known forgery perpetrated in the 1600s. The Pericope Adulteraea (John 7:53-8:11) is a fable, not existing in any written text prior to the 4th century, yet fabricated as a tale about Jesus. The last 12-verses of "Mark" - which contain the first actual account of a confirmed resurrection - was a later addition to the gospel, added by different authors than the original text.

In fact, there isn't a single credible indication that anything in the Bible is other than the mere writings of men. There is no indication that God had anything to do with any of it.

Good Luck.....
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2014 12:47:41 AM
At 10/25/2014 11:55:46 PM, biznis wrote:

Not if your target audience is Christian and Jewish people.......I doubt they would agree that " all scripture is inspired by the Muse"

"What"s in a name? that which we call a rose
By any other name would smell as sweet;"
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2014 1:40:05 AM
It's seems that you missed this biz. Wanna try?
At 10/25/2014 9:25:25 PM, bulproof wrote:

That would mean that the thousands of documents rejected by the CC at Nicea were also inspired by god, why are they not used for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for instruction which is in righteousness now?
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Beastt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2014 2:45:10 AM
At 10/26/2014 12:47:41 AM, Skyangel wrote:
At 10/25/2014 11:55:46 PM, biznis wrote:

"What"s in a name? that which we call a rose
By any other name would smell as sweet;"

Perhaps you've never eaten at "The Stinking Rose", Garlic Restaurant.
"If we believe absurdities we shall commit atrocities." -- Voltaire
ChristianPunk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2014 5:52:48 AM
At 10/25/2014 11:51:36 PM, biznis wrote:
At 10/25/2014 5:06:07 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:

I have no idea what that has to do with my posted question....but maybe it wasn't intended to.....

It was addressed to DPMartin.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2014 8:34:22 AM
At 10/26/2014 1:40:05 AM, bulproof wrote:

Christians don't want to believe the Truth my friend. They love their false deities and build their false gods to worship their imaginary gods deities in.
biznis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2014 10:42:17 AM

That's why I a clear and concise definition of what "Scriptures" is defined as being....is needed.......it's definition as well as others to have an intelligible conversation...

What are the bounds of Scripture? Is "ALL" Scripture Holy? Or just the "scripture" in the Bible?...........Can a writing be defined as Scripture.....but have no affiliation with God? Or do scripture and God go hand in hand? If they go hand in hand....are there writings outside the Bible that are called Scripture as well? What are they? Why are they called "scripture" if they are not in the Bible, and if they are Scripture, why aren't they in the Bible?

Good question......
biznis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2014 10:52:32 AM
At 10/26/2014 1:40:05 AM, bulproof wrote:
Yes....sorry I did miss your reply.......I like your replies and thoughts too.....

Wasn't avoiding missed it.......I replied now....let me know what u think...

Also, I responded to one your post's on the Bible being the "be all to end all"
......when you have time...please look at my reply

Thanks for 'Your" feedback